• 63 replies
Connecticut Postgame Discussion
« on: March 09, 2010, 04:32:56 PM »
Evans and Boothe owned shi t today
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 04:38:35 PM by peter »

Tha Kid

Re: Great win,F Calhoun
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 04:39:07 PM »
GREAT win by the boys.  Does Jim calhoun retire?  I think he might.
"I drink and I know things"

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Re: Connecticut Postgame Discussion
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 04:39:32 PM »
Marco, I changed your title.  Wow.  U Conn was just terrible, but St. John's was as good as they were against Louisville.

WHY ARE THEY SO INCONSISTENT?

(answer: coaching.)

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 04:40:47 PM »
I think it continues tomorrow, these kids played with some heart today dunking on heads

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 04:47:53 PM »
What a great team effort today. Evans and Boothe were outstanding.
Let's really whip Marquette for last year and this year. Comments from D.J. indicates that that's on our mind.

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 04:48:38 PM »
Calhoun just said St Johns will be top 5 or 6 in Big East next year

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 04:48:57 PM »
Hate to say it, cause I don't like him, but Calhoun very classy in interview.

boo3

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 04:57:58 PM »
 Team played a great game.  Uconn didn't show up, but thats not our problem.  I've resigned myself to the fact that Norm will be back, even though i think he is terrible.
  I think i'm going to go to the game tomorrow.  might as well enjoy what little there is too enjoy while we can.  Life's too short to bitch and moan about next year.
  Best game this team has played in norm tenure, that i can remember at least. I hope they beat Marquette.

Tha Kid

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 04:58:59 PM »
I still think Norm's gone unless we make the semifinals.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2010, 05:03:37 PM »
Team played a great game.  Uconn didn't show up, but thats not our problem.  I've resigned myself to the fact that Norm will be back, even though i think he is terrible.
  I think i'm going to go to the game tomorrow.  might as well enjoy what little there is too enjoy while we can.  Life's too short to bitch and moan about next year.
  Best game this team has played in norm tenure, that i can remember at least. I hope they beat Marquette.

Youre starting to come around, Im glad I took you under my wing.  ;)

Poison

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2010, 05:30:03 PM »

I think if we win tomorrow, he's back. And that's not based on anything, other than my gut.

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010, 05:32:07 PM »
I think we make SC top 10 for a few plays today. Burrell, Horne, or Brownlee could be on there. We played well but people will say UConn played bad.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2010, 05:40:05 PM »
Hey UConn

Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

boo3

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2010, 05:40:33 PM »

Nice try.  ;)   I enjoy watching well played hoops. St. John's played well today. End of story. I was just in the car listening to Michael Kay. According to Jon Rothstein, Norm has to beat marquette and win the next game to keep his job. 

mkras99

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2010, 05:50:35 PM »

Nice try.  ;)   I enjoy watching well played hoops. St. John's played well today. End of story. I was just in the car listening to Michael Kay. According to Jon Rothstein, Norm has to beat marquette and win the next game to keep his job. 

So Rothstein thinks Norm has to beat Marquette and Nova?

boo3

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2010, 06:02:51 PM »
 Thats what Kay said.  I guess he had Rothstein on earlier when he made the statement.  Kay was restating John's opinion, while discussing the post game. 
  FWIW   Kay thinks Norm should be back,  but he's an ass.

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2010, 06:07:12 PM »
Hey UConn

Uconn wasnt even on the bubble to begin with. Nice t put a beating on them though.

Gotleib just said on SC that marquette better not lose tomorrow cause they are not a lock. I would think they re in but we could really burst a bubble tomorrow.

TONYD3

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2010, 06:21:24 PM »
Just got home from game. 1. We played great defense and rebounded well. 2. Boothe was awesome on D and ran are offense well. Stith isnt ready to play at all. 3. Foul trouble- alllowed Dele and Omari to play and both played well. 4. Crowd about 65- 35 Uconn. after opening lineups never heard those smug bastards. 5. Team played great and looked well prepared. Out of the 4 teams that played today we looked the best by far.

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2010, 06:22:55 PM »
i give a lot of crap to sean evan but this was probably one of the best games i have seen him play. One of the rare time this year they put a team away. great win

xhoops

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2010, 06:24:03 PM »

I think if we win tomorrow, he's back. And that's not based on anything, other than my gut.
Marquette coach was all  that ball screen "offense"  last time. Very well coached team.