..and dominated his old teammate.

Very sweet.

boo3

Re: Boothe
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 05:00:34 PM »
 He played terrific. 

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 05:30:09 PM »
I knocked him when he was down so I have to give him a tremendous amount of credit for doing well too. He's been playing with so much more confidence and aggressiveness. This is the MB I remember from CTK.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 06:24:28 PM »
8 pts, 4 rebounds, 7 assists, 4 steals, 2 turnovers

Very sweet.
According to espn.com 9 assists. 4/4 from the floor. Agree on his defense. It was his decision-making that was most impressive. Looks like he's beyond that injury and is coming into his own.
Notice when he plays really well so does the team: Louisville, South Florida and today.

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 08:09:27 PM »
Malik II schooling future Nba'er?, Kemba "4 -17" Walker.  How sweet.

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 09:45:19 PM »
Played a hellva game and has been playing well down the stretch. Keep it up.

kob24

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 09:49:33 PM »

Very sweet.

who was his old teammate?

xhoops

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 09:50:45 PM »
I knocked him when he was down so I have to give him a tremendous amount of credit for doing well too. He's been playing with so much more confidence and aggressiveness. This is the MB I remember from CTK.
Well.....where has he been the last 3 years ?

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 09:52:06 PM »

Very sweet.

who was his old teammate?

Maybe he got Kemba mixed up with Erving?

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2010, 10:06:34 PM »
lol I think I did

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2010, 10:08:07 PM »
lol I think I did

no worries, guys like boo,wasju and tha kid make mistakes all the time ;)

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010, 10:30:07 PM »
Great job by Boothe...could not have played a better game.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2010, 11:33:16 PM »
i was the biggest Malik hater all year, hell for the past 3 years altogether. he plays with heart, but hhe never showed me the skill of a BE point guard....

well he sure proved me wrong today. thank you and I'm sorry for ever doubting you Malik. i've never witnessed a STJ win over UConn in person, but seeing the Uconn faithful storm out of the garden with their heads down and talking shit to me and fellow STJ fans made my year. I hate Uconn and everything  they represent. and i wish their school and fans suffer the way we have suffered the past decade.

but to me, the most impressive thing of today was not the surprising play of boothe, evans, brownlee, etc. it was this postgame quote by our starting PG...

"I don't know if it removes the frustration (of this year).  I know it was a good win today.  We also can't celebrate on this win.  Last year we were in the same position going against the same team in the next round, and they pretty much had their way with us.  We have to have the same focus tomorrow."

lets take it to marquette tmw. i hate norm more than the next guy, but i cant help but root for these kids...

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2010, 11:41:08 PM »
thats a great post right there by Junglefever!

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2010, 12:23:11 AM »
just speaking the truth marco..gotta admit when a player makes me eat my words..

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2010, 12:24:23 AM »
just speaking the truth marco..gotta admit when a player makes me eat my words..

Thats how we do it here. Everyone is fair in their compliments and criticisms. Thats why I feel we're the best place to talk St. John's hoops.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2010, 02:10:27 AM »
This is the MB I remember from CTK.

Ditto!

Congrats and Thank you Mailk II

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2010, 09:06:11 AM »

Thats how we do it here. Everyone is fair in their compliments and criticisms. Thats why I feel we're the best place to talk St. John's hoops.

Malik has been playing better, but honestly it took Norm almost 3 years to figure out having a 5 -4 guy with a terrible jumper just stand at the top of the key and swing the ball from side to side? Honestly I still do not feel Boothe should be a starting BE point guard, but Norm was not doing him any favors playing him in the Geno role!

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2010, 09:45:49 AM »

Malik has been playing better, but honestly it took Norm almost 3 years to figure out having a 5 -4 guy with a terrible jumper just stand at the top of the key and swing the ball from side to side? Honestly I still do not feel Boothe should be a starting BE point guard, but Norm was not doing him any favors playing him in the Geno role!
I think the problem with the offensive system (stop laughing, y'all) is that there is at times too much freedom for the ballhandling players.  It almost seems like the staff is telling them to work it out and "just make plays" or something; I have no idea why Boothe, when healthy last year, wasn't looking to drive a little more.

Well, I know the answer to that.  His jumper was so bad, the other team played a couple of steps off of him anyway, limiting his room.  Still, I think the staff should have coaxed more offensive aggressiveness from him.

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2010, 09:51:57 AM »

I think the problem with the offensive system (stop laughing, y'all) is that there is at times too much freedom for the ballhandling players.  It almost seems like the staff is telling them to work it out and "just make plays" or something; I have no idea why Boothe, when healthy last year, wasn't looking to drive a little more.

Well, I know the answer to that.  His jumper was so bad, the other team played a couple of steps off of him anyway, limiting his room.  Still, I think the staff should have coaxed more offensive aggressiveness from him.

A lot of this might be on Norm, but my biggest disappointment with Malik has been his lack of drive and dish capability. Thought that would open up the offense and help Burrell. Have not seen any of that until lately.