final four...reasons norm is back next season.

• 15 replies
final four...reasons norm is back next season.
« on: March 10, 2010, 02:01:30 PM »
i posted this elsewhere..but here goes:

the bottom line. the nice persons at the top have already made the decision. norm is back.

they were looking for excuses and these fell in their laps.

1. a blow out win against a team that's been the league's elite for years. forget that this was a down year and the huskies were no shows.

2. two hall of fame coaches endorsing norm. forget that one needs norm so he can get a guaranteed win or two next year...and the other is lost in the 70-80s.

3. back pages of the news and post. not seton hall...certainly not rutgers. that gives the illusion that the team is relevant again.

4. maybe MOST IMPORTANT...the players say they love norm. they talk about playing in norm's pool during the summer. the school will take this horse and ride with it... they'll do it for the kids.

the kids are losers who love their loser coach. the record speaks for itself. the administration and the athletic director are losers who love the loser coach. we could lose to marquette by 50...it doesn't matter. so enjoy the game...the appearance in the loser nit...and the loser excuses next year.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Re: final four...reasons norm is back next season.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 02:27:25 PM »
do you know that they have made a decision?  i'm not assuming anything until they make a statement.

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 04:53:12 PM »
it's all in the stars.  that's how things work.

there was no way a coach who was 24-84 would be a winner in the big east...it's in the stars.

there's no way an administration who is looking for any reason to rehire their coach lets him go after my one to four...and i'll add a fifth: nit bid and 17 wins is seen as progress by the blind.

Tha Kid

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 05:15:06 PM »
He's gone.  Bank on it.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 05:17:21 PM »
He's gone.  Bank on it.

I'll believe it when I see it, this has been said for 3+ years now

sjd8886

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 05:38:53 PM »
He's gone.  Bank on it.

I'll believe it when I see it, this has been said for 3+ years now

exactly...and they'll say oh we almost beat marquette too...im sick of the we almost beat argument...i absolutely hate doug gottlieb's opinions in general but one thing i heard him say the other day is true...he was talking about how people who were pushing for uconn said they almost beat kentucky, and he went on to say, oh wow, great, they ALMOST beat kentucky, alot of teams almost beat kentucky but the fact is only two did, and thats where the line is, you either win or lose, and you either accomplish your goals or you dont, and thats what the ncaa tournament does, it separates the teams who almost won, and the teams that did win...almosts and promises and hopes have gotten norm extensions and season after season when he should have been fired...the guy has sold this administration year after year on "next season", and year after year they buy buy buy...the guy has accomplished nothing concrete in 6 years...he cleaned up the program, congrats, anyone could have cleaned up this program from where it was, its not rocketscience to not recruit thugs like jarvis did and convince them to not go running around stealing laptops and smoking weed...he re-established recruiting pipelines, ok, so where are the recruits...burrell was our best rated recruit in the norm era according to rivals, and he was not rated higher than 54th in the country i believe...his kids graduate, wow, congrats...of course they do, they all are 4 year college players and frankly, nowadays you could train a dog to get a college degree, it isnt difficult...wheres the wins and loses...yesterday we beat a team that had already beaten themselves, and today we lost bc our kids lack enough talent to hit open shots from 15 feet out...paris horne, our sg, shooting 55% from the line...seriously? theres prob 2000 kids in hs right now who can do better than that...we have no great players, no great recruits on the table, and we have finished 13th in the league...every team upsets a few people every year, and every team, no matter how bad, can play close games from time to time....does ALMOST beating cuse excuse depauls season? hell no...if he gets brought back bc of today, or beating pitino, or uconn, i dont think ill be able to follow this team anymore...13th, 13th, 11th, 14th, 13th, 13th in the league is a disgrace for 6 seasons as a coach...as much as these kids might love playing for norm i would think they would love to win, and be respected, more

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 07:48:27 PM »
It's fascinating how we have some posters that are adamant and positive that he's gone; yet others that are just as adamant and positive he's staying.

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 08:00:11 PM »
noone knows except FH and maybe even hes still unsure..
O, God thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

kob24

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 08:21:18 PM »
news why are the kids losers?

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 09:55:18 PM »
only losers here is the administration.  I, for one, am proud of the kids who chose to come here.

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 12:25:05 AM »
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2010, 12:45:14 AM »
educate me...please.

what do you call someone who cares more about the coach than the won-loss record?

these kids are good enough to go to the ncaa tournament.  now they're begging to get into the nit. 

this could be a top 4-5 team in the big east next year with the right coach.  if norm was around, we would have trouble cracking the top ten.  i know this because you predict the future by looking at the past.

so what do you call it?

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2010, 01:11:35 AM »
educate me...please.

what do you call someone who cares more about the coach than the won-loss record?

these kids are good enough to go to the ncaa tournament.  now they're begging to get into the nit. 

this could be a top 4-5 team in the big east next year with the right coach.  if norm was around, we would have trouble cracking the top ten.  i know this because you predict the future by looking at the past.

so what do you call it?

Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2010, 02:07:54 AM »
i thought i explained it.

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2010, 10:59:44 AM »
educate me...please.

loyal

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2010, 12:18:46 PM »
good one.  i'll concede that.