Norm is coming back..

• 66 replies

Poison

Re: Norm is coming back..
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2010, 12:10:00 PM »
yeah we smacked him around. he is athletic. but he isnt by far norms best recruit. if people are saying that they are bugging. dele would have dogged him if they was both in the same class

Who has Dele dogged? He couldn't hang with LIU.

kob24

« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2010, 12:25:03 PM »
have u ever seen dele in high school

Poison

« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2010, 12:29:12 PM »
have u ever seen dele in high school

Kob, I respect your opinions, but Dele hasn't dogged anyone since getting here.
And plenty of the competition that he's faced wouldn't get off the bench at most
recognized high school programs.

I would have liked to see him play more than Sean Evans, but Dele, clearly hasn't
learned much, and didn't arrive here with much either.

pmg911

« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2010, 12:56:39 PM »
yeah we smacked him around. he is athletic. but he isnt by far norms best recruit. if people are saying that they are bugging. dele would have dogged him if they was both in the same class

KOB. . who is Norm's best recruit..   Dele a 6'10 center..   Ron Roberts is a 6'7 wing player. When did you smack him around.. ? as a Junior in high school..?

Robets is just starting to coming into his own as a player after not playinmg ulta competetive hoops as a kid. His game is getting better and better..   when he gets to work with real trainers and puts some muscle on, he will be special player.

pmg911

« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2010, 01:04:54 PM »
pmg justin in high school wouldnt have killed ron?

KOB I am not getting into anything JB related with you because you are bias on that particular topic.

I just hope the he has a great Senior season.

gonzalo

« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2010, 01:30:48 PM »

why talk to bill self? its a different memphis team....geezzzz

Because Kansas and Memphis played Nov 17, 2009.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=293210235

kob24

« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2010, 01:37:19 PM »
im sorry fellas this is a argument u cant win with me ive seen or coached against alot of kids all over the country. u guys are looking at justin now. im talking about the product before he got here.im not calling my self a guru but i have sat and broken bread with the so called gurus of highschool and aau ball. im telling u ron isnt the best player on his team. myles is. ron isnt the best player on his aau team. mack or anderson is. to say ron is the best norm recruit is a bold statement. if he makes any allstar game or gets invited to play for the us teams over seas then maybe u are onto something. and i will see him again in a few weeks. and pmg justin didnt play ultra competitive till his junior year of high scool. ron was playing aau in jersey since 8th grade

Poison

« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2010, 01:40:02 PM »
im sorry fellas this is a argument u cant win with me ive seen or coached against alot of kids all over the country. u guys are looking at justin now. im talking about the product before he got here.im not calling my self a guru but i have sat and broken bread with the so called gurus of highschool and aau ball. im telling u ron isnt the best player on his team. myles is. ron isnt the best player on his aau team. mack or anderson is. to say ron is the best norm recruit is a bold statement. if he makes any allstar game or gets invited to play for the us teams over seas then maybe u are onto something. and i will see him again in a few weeks. and pmg justin didnt play ultra competitive till his junior year of high scool. ron was playing aau in jersey since 8th grade

I don't think any player wants to be dubbed "Norm's best recruit ever"

pmg911

« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2010, 01:46:57 PM »

KOB being the best player on your high school doesn't mean a thing and you know it.

JB was the best player on his high school team and for what ever reason its not translating at St. John's.

Ron Roberts is not the best player on his team you are correct but he will be much better player in college then Miles Davis. That kid can score on anyone but can't defend anyone either. Perfect example was his State Championship game last night..  he scored 29 point but got roasted for 31 by a kid who is going to play in the Patriot Leabgue.

« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2010, 02:28:44 PM »
A lot of our players have talent that I feel is largely untapped or unused. Whether its a lack of discipline or direction our players' strengths are not featured nor are their weaknesses minimized. It's certainly more difficult than typing it on the computer here but as a division 1 basketball coach in the Big East you should certainly figure out a way to do it.

Can you get mad at Sean Evans or Dele Coker committing a turnover beyond the arc whether its from dribbling or errant pass? Or are you more upset they are put into that situation to begin with? This is one of the many things I feel is wrong with the Norm Robert's regime.

I'll agree with PMG as well about Ron Roberts. I find it difficult to compare his worth to PG or SG when he's a big man. Also I'll use that dirty word "potential" when talking about Ron Roberts because he certainly has developed rather quickly and I don't see that stopping soon.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Foad

« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2010, 03:04:10 PM »
A lot of our players have talent that I feel is largely untapped or unused. Whether its a lack of discipline or direction our players' strengths are not featured nor are their weaknesses minimized. It's certainly more difficult than typing it on the computer here but as a division 1 basketball coach in the Big East you should certainly figure out a way to do it.

Can you get mad at Sean Evans or Dele Coker committing a turnover beyond the arc whether its from dribbling or errant pass? Or are you more upset they are put into that situation to begin with? This is one of the many things I feel is wrong with the Norm Robert's regime.

The problem is we're running a system that requires B list players to make A list plays.

kob24

« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2010, 03:12:30 PM »
2007 Roundball Classic Rosters
Player Position Ht Wt Hometown High School College

EAST:

Cole Aldrich C 6’11” 250 Bloomington, MN Jefferson High Kansas

Chris Allen G 6’4” 195 Lawrenceville, GA Meadowcreek High Michigan State

LaceDarius Dunn G 6’4” 205 Monroe, LA Excelsior Christian Baylor

DeAndre Jordan C 7’0” 240 Houston, TX Christian Life Center Texas A&M

Taylor King F 6’8” 220 Huntington Beach, CA Mater Dei High Duke

Gani Lawal F 6’9” 225 Norcross, GA Norcross High GeorgiaTech

Alex Legion G 6’6” 200 Inkster, MI Oak Hill Academy Michigan

O.J. Mayo PG 6’6” 215 Huntington, WV Huntington High USC

Rico Pickett PG 6’4” 180 Decatur, AL Decatur High Alabama

Anthony Randolph F 6’10” 210 Cedar Hill, TX Woodrow Wilson High LSU

DarQuavis Tucker F 6’4” 200 Saginaw, MI Arthur Hill High DePaul

Head Coach East All-Stars: Nick Mariniello, Bloomfield Tech, Bloomfield, NJ

WEST:

Justin Burrell F 6’8” 220 Middleton, NY Bridgton Academy St. John’s

Corey Fisher PG 6’1” 175 Bronx, NY St. Patrick High Villanova

Jonathan Flynn PG 6’0” 183 Niagara Falls, NY Niagara Falls High Syracuse

James Harden F 6’5” 205 Rancho Dominguez,CA Artesia High Arizona State

James/ J.J. Hickson F 6’10” 242 Marietta, GA Wheeler High N.C. State

Nyal Koshwal F 6’9” 238 Chicago, IL Boys To Men Academy DePaul

Kevin Love C 6’9” 240 Lake Oswego, OR Lake Oswego High UCLA

Demetri McCamey G 6’3” 210 Bellwood, IL St. Joseph High Illinois

Herb Pope F 6’9” 230 Aliquippa, PA Aliquippa High New Mexico St.

Corey Stokes G 6’6” 220 Bayonne, NJ St. Benedict High Villanova

Evan Turner G 6’6” 193 Chicago, IL St. Joseph High Ohio State

Alexis Wangmene C 6’8” 245 San Antonio, TX Blair Academy Texas

Head Coach West All-Stars: Loren Jackson, Boys To Men Academy, Chicago, IL 

all i am sying when u make a roster like this u better believe u are good and a very highly touted recruit

Poison

« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2010, 03:29:08 PM »
2007 Roundball Classic Rosters
Player Position Ht Wt Hometown High School College

EAST:

Cole Aldrich C 6’11” 250 Bloomington, MN Jefferson High Kansas

Chris Allen G 6’4” 195 Lawrenceville, GA Meadowcreek High Michigan State

LaceDarius Dunn G 6’4” 205 Monroe, LA Excelsior Christian Baylor

DeAndre Jordan C 7’0” 240 Houston, TX Christian Life Center Texas A&M

Taylor King F 6’8” 220 Huntington Beach, CA Mater Dei High Duke

Gani Lawal F 6’9” 225 Norcross, GA Norcross High GeorgiaTech

Alex Legion G 6’6” 200 Inkster, MI Oak Hill Academy Michigan

O.J. Mayo PG 6’6” 215 Huntington, WV Huntington High USC

Rico Pickett PG 6’4” 180 Decatur, AL Decatur High Alabama

Anthony Randolph F 6’10” 210 Cedar Hill, TX Woodrow Wilson High LSU

DarQuavis Tucker F 6’4” 200 Saginaw, MI Arthur Hill High DePaul

Head Coach East All-Stars: Nick Mariniello, Bloomfield Tech, Bloomfield, NJ

WEST:

Justin Burrell F 6’8” 220 Middleton, NY Bridgton Academy St. John’s

Corey Fisher PG 6’1” 175 Bronx, NY St. Patrick High Villanova

Jonathan Flynn PG 6’0” 183 Niagara Falls, NY Niagara Falls High Syracuse

James Harden F 6’5” 205 Rancho Dominguez,CA Artesia High Arizona State

James/ J.J. Hickson F 6’10” 242 Marietta, GA Wheeler High N.C. State

Nyal Koshwal F 6’9” 238 Chicago, IL Boys To Men Academy DePaul

Kevin Love C 6’9” 240 Lake Oswego, OR Lake Oswego High UCLA

Demetri McCamey G 6’3” 210 Bellwood, IL St. Joseph High Illinois

Herb Pope F 6’9” 230 Aliquippa, PA Aliquippa High New Mexico St.

Corey Stokes G 6’6” 220 Bayonne, NJ St. Benedict High Villanova

Evan Turner G 6’6” 193 Chicago, IL St. Joseph High Ohio State

Alexis Wangmene C 6’8” 245 San Antonio, TX Blair Academy Texas

Head Coach West All-Stars: Loren Jackson, Boys To Men Academy, Chicago, IL 

all i am sying when u make a roster like this u better believe u are good and a very highly touted recruit

This just makes me even more depressed.

kob24

« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2010, 03:33:24 PM »
when i find the roster for the u19 men basketball team he was on it may make u crazy. to say he isnt his best recruit is crazy. he might be the biggest bust but he is also his most highly touted recruit. and if omari didnt get injured that summer he would have been. but thats heresay

boo3

« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2010, 03:58:09 PM »
Cut it out Kob!  xhoops is gonna be all riled up now. Come in here gunz a blazin!

« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2010, 04:50:24 PM »
if omari didnt get injured that summer he would have been. but thats heresay
KOB not trying to be a wiseguy here but remember the one event Omari played in before his injury was Rumble in the Bronx. You may also remember that he had a game where he helped the Panthers beat an Los Angeles team where he essentially out-toughed Reynaldo Sydney and Texas freshman Jordan Hamilton for rebounds. Think St. John's would've recruited him successfully had he played the whole summer??

kob24

« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2010, 06:23:16 PM »
yeah i do. omari wanted to come. st. johns is his favorite team. and he is a new yorker hands down.  and i remember that game him and kevin was balling that game. also winston graham was killing for us. damn there was a game i wished i had tapped of when he went up against dc assault in duke. man he was going off. that was the game when his stock was the highest. but oh well. he just has to get it back. i think he will for the nit

« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2010, 06:49:25 PM »
yeah i do. omari wanted to come. st. johns is his favorite team. and he is a new yorker hands down.  and i remember that game him and kevin was balling that game. also winston graham was killing for us. damn there was a game i wished i had tapped of when he went up against dc assault in duke. man he was going off. that was the game when his stock was the highest. but oh well. he just has to get it back. i think he will for the nit
KOB I think he made a good start towards "getting it back" with some good things in limited minutes during the Big East Tournament. As you know he's much more than a scorer. When he's playing well he fills the stat sheet with assists rebounds and steals.  To me he'll be fine if he stays no matter who the coach is and I hope he gets a chance Wednesday.

« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2010, 08:24:41 PM »
kob, can you replace norm?

kob24

« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2010, 08:58:11 PM »
kob, can you replace norm?
no i dont have the money or the heart for that. im the 1st to admit it im a good solider. not so much of a good leader. plus i like norm