CONFESSION

• 41 replies
CONFESSION
« on: March 26, 2010, 11:51:30 AM »
I am Tha Kid's wife.

I planned this April Fool's joke about a month ago.  My husband, aka "Tha Kid", is obsessive about sports.  The first thing he does when he wakes up is check sports on his blackberry.  When we were dating, we spent time out at my parent's house studying for the bar exam and Tha Kid would compulsively check his computer and type messages on this board.  My mom pulled me aside and told me she was concerned he had another girlfriend - it was not another girl - it was Big East and Johnny Jungle. 

So, I decided to play a little April Fool's on Tha Kid and start posting on this forum.   My original plan was to just generic posts about basketball - I had no idea what I was in for.  I actually had to research teams, players, coaches, Monasch (I didn't even know who that was!) just to participate in conversations.

I decided to post for about a month and then get a little more intense as April Fool's got closer.  Today I sent Tha Kid a personal message.  I guess he got a little suspicious and thought he had a stalker on his hands.  He e-mailed the creator of the site to ask who "RedMen4Eva" is!!!

Anyway, the prank didn't last until April Fool's  :(  I have to say you guys are so impressive with your SJU knowledge and general sports knowledge!

Sorry for using your site as a forum to trick with Tha Kid - I hope you all see the humor in this! It's been nice chatting with you all - but way too time consuming with all the research involved! I'm retiring - happy posting :)

-Tha Kid's wife (AKA RedMen4Eva)

boo3

Re: CONFESSION
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 11:56:28 AM »
"I had no idea what I was in for.  I actually had to research teams, players, coaches, Monasch (I didn't even know who that was!) just to participate in conversations.'

Too bad Baldi doesn't do the same.  He should take a lesson from you Mrs. Kid!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 12:22:46 PM by boo3 »

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 12:18:15 PM »
Shut up, for real?  Nice April Fools' joke!

Marillac

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 12:29:42 PM »
LOL well played

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 12:55:04 PM »
hahahaha Tha Kids message to me is hilarious. Can I post it?

Actually the coaching thread from the posters was a good thread....keep posting....for real.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 01:08:35 PM »
youve gotta be the first female poster on this site. see what married men do all day? pathetic isnt it?

kob24

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 01:26:40 PM »
im impressed with ur name atually. u pulled it off nice

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 01:30:01 PM »
hahahaha Tha Kids message to me is hilarious. Can I post it?

This I want to see.
@NYsportsfan2222

Tha Kid

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 01:45:07 PM »
Via PM:

congrats on your win in the "coach poll" - i owe you a beer.

My response:

hahaha awesome - thanks man.  We'll do it at a game or johnnyjungle get together next season.  Who's your predicition for our next coach?

RedMen4Eva's response:

would love capel but i think it will more likely be someone like greenburg or willard. what are you thinking?

you watching any tourney games this weekend? i'm thinking about going out tonight for some brews and bball (if the gf is cool with that).

This is when I start thinking, OK like I'm all for grabbing beers w posters, and I can't this weekend bc I'm going to Southampton for my wife's bday but I've never talked to this RedMen4Eva dude before.  He's only posted 22 times, I wonder what his deal is.

Then as I go through the 22 posts...I realize...holy...crap...nearly every post is in response to me, agreeing with me, or directly references me...

This is when I freak out.  Then I see the following posts and I get a little scared bc I'm like this dude who I don't know is way too into me:

Can't make it but I'm with Kid - backpage wings are the best.

this is my first time checking out this "off topic" discussion. this is insane! wtf? i have never heard of a "belly man".  kid - how did you hear about this? are you paying to watch her eat fast food? c'mon own up to it...

added Foad - Tha Kid is winning by one!

And this is where I think it might actually be OldRed with the PS and the quotes and I really start to shyte my pants:

yes, goodbye and good luck to norm, now on to better things!

ps - Kid - I like your gladiator reference in your profile, hopefully the next coach will "unleash hell"

at which point I send Dave this message:

Hey man --- I'm prob being way paranoid, but who is RedMen4Eva?  Do you know?  The dude PM'd me saying he owes me a beer bc I won his coaching poll, so I told him that next johnnyjungle get together I'll accept it.  Then he asked if I wanted to watch games with him this weekend, which I thought was odd, so I checked into his 22 posts.  I'd say half or more than half of them are either 1) in direct response to a post of mine - AND agree with me or 2) Actually mention me (Kid - I like your gladiator quote, Kid - that's awesome your bro got to play Irving, Kid - you're winning my pool).

Anyways it kind of creeped me out for a sec.  I know it's not protocol, but can you tell me who it is?  I mean, at first I was like oh it's gotta be my brother messing with me, but it doesn't seem like him at all.

Minutes later I am thinking like no one would stalk me who the hell is this, read RedMen4Eva's first post saying he's a recent SJU grad and dad went to SJU...and I was like holy crap, this is too coincidental....my wife got me...

which is when I PM'd this to Dave, and called my wife, while laughing hysterically:

OH MY GOD.  IT's MY WIFE.  IT HAS TO BE. 

The end.  True story.

PS - After talking to her, she did have one thing to say.  "Who's that Baldi guy - he's SO annoying"

All is right with the world.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 01:49:01 PM by Tha Kid »
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 01:47:15 PM »
HAHAHAHA

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2010, 01:52:01 PM »
That's hilarious... great job Mrs. Kid!

@NYsportsfan2222

boo3

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2010, 01:59:19 PM »
 That was great! thanks for sharing.

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2010, 02:06:27 PM »
hahahaha thanks everyone!  i just wish i could have kept it going till April Fools!

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2010, 02:11:41 PM »
This is great to read while we - (as buckeye calls it appropriately, kind of pathetically) - keep checking in on the coaching search. Kudos.

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2010, 02:12:04 PM »
Now it is time for RSHF come come clean about being Norm's wife  :)

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2010, 02:15:13 PM »
yea I haven't seen rshf in a while.....weird

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2010, 02:15:50 PM »
youve gotta be the first female poster on this site. see what married men do all day? pathetic isnt it?

There have been about 2-3 others that I know of

Tha Kid

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2010, 02:39:04 PM »
The crazy thing was, yesterday I was handling a will execution all afternoon, came back to my desk, and the first thing I did was post.  Then I get a call from my wife saying, what are you doing?  And I'm like uhh I just got back, and she's like ugh I bet you came and started posting on the jungle rather than call me...and I totally denied it...little did I know...she had me by the balls!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 02:41:37 PM by Tha Kid »
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2010, 03:02:06 PM »
Wow. Serious props to Mrs. Tha Kid. Well played.

(BTW, if you ever dump Tha Kid I suspect there will be line up in the Jungle waiting for you...)

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2010, 03:07:10 PM »
The crazy thing was, yesterday I was handling a will execution all afternoon, came back to my desk, and the first thing I did was post.  Then I get a call from my wife saying, what are you doing?  And I'm like uhh I just got back, and she's like ugh I bet you came and started posting on the jungle rather than call me...and I totally denied it...little did I know...she had me by the balls!

I can make you invisible for the right price.  ;D