Your 2011//12 starting lineup

• 328 replies

desco80

Re: Your 2011//12 starting lineup
« Reply #220 on: April 25, 2011, 11:49:48 AM »
New Post...

Hope to hear some news today about God's Gift ...

Marillac

« Reply #221 on: April 25, 2011, 01:36:43 PM »
Greene
Harrison
Pointer
Pelle
Harkless

Agree, I like this one the best.

That would be  impressive. Wasnt there talk of Lindsay entering the draft? And he wont start here?

Enough of this Lindsey NBA talk...it's absurd.  Show me one legit scout that said he was a legit draft pick...more than speculation to cast a net broad enough to include him if he does blow up.  Mason Jr., BURRELL, JB2, and hardy have all been guys that have been mentioned as NBA players by scouts.  It means nothing until May the year the kid declares. 

boo3

« Reply #222 on: April 25, 2011, 01:57:12 PM »
Greene
Harrison
Pointer
Pelle
Harkless

That would be  impressive. Wasnt there talk of Lindsay entering the draft? And he wont start here?

Enough of this Lindsey NBA talk...it's absurd.  Show me one legit scout that said he was a legit draft pick...more than speculation to cast a net broad enough to include him if he does blow up.  Mason Jr., BURRELL, JB2, and hardy have all been guys that have been mentioned as NBA players by scouts.  It means nothing until May the year the kid declares.

"I haven't seen a kid with his quickness and scoring ability in a while," one NBA scouts told ESPN.com. "It's not easy to gauge given the competition, but I know fast, and he's fast. And I know scorers, and he can score in any league."

from something dave put together on this very site.  do I agree?  I have no idea, but i'm not making defiant proclamations either way based on shitty youtube videos.  The point about the NBA was raised.  You don't agree. That's cool.  Baldi was just asking the question. 
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 02:00:04 PM by boo3 »

kjd01067

« Reply #223 on: April 25, 2011, 02:06:11 PM »

I agree Marillac the Lindsey NBA talk is a bit absurd (at this point) but I think the point Baldi was trying to make is that out of all our recruits Lindsey is the only one who has been mentioned with a link to the NBA.  Albeit premature or unfounded, scouts have mentioned his name as a possible NBA player and that is something we haven't heard about any other recruit as a possibility (at least before they step foot on campus).  Seeing this link one might think that Lindsey would be a sure fire starter especially with the lack of a true point guard in the recruiting class.

Marillac

« Reply #224 on: April 26, 2011, 11:35:01 AM »
Greene
Harrison
Pointer
Pelle
Harkless

"I haven't seen a kid with his quickness and scoring ability in a while," one NBA scouts told ESPN.com. "It's not easy to gauge given the competition, but I know fast, and he's fast. And I know scorers, and he can score in any league."

from something dave put together on this very site.  do I agree?  I have no idea, but i'm not making defiant proclamations either way based on shitty youtube videos.  The point about the NBA was raised.  You don't agree. That's cool.  Baldi was just asking the question. 

What is this scout's name?  It is meaningless to say that a "scout told espn...."You could watch me for ten seconds in a shitty youtube video and you'd know that I'm not good.  NBA athleticim jumps out at you and this kid doesn't have it and he doesn't have the jumper YET to even be included in any NBA talk.  It's simply absurd and I drink as much kool-aid about recruits as anyone. 

« Reply #225 on: April 26, 2011, 12:23:09 PM »
Greene
Harrison
Pointer
Pelle
Harkless

What is this scout's name?  It is meaningless to say that a "scout told espn...."You could watch me for ten seconds in a shitty youtube video and you'd know that I'm not good.  NBA athleticim jumps out at you and this kid doesn't have it and he doesn't have the jumper YET to even be included in any NBA talk.  It's simply absurd and I drink as much kool-aid about recruits as anyone.

I wonder if he's seen Harrison  who looks like an NBA possibility to me.

« Reply #226 on: April 26, 2011, 12:35:20 PM »

He may not be ready for the NBA yet, but the only thing I see hindering him is his jumper behind the arc.  IMO, he does exude NBA athleticism, as you call it.  Not to mention, it's more than about athleticism that gets folk to the "Association."  Quite frankly, he didn't take many jumpers from behind the arc by looking at his stats.  Anyone with an eye can see his is very capable of hitting shots via midrange.

By the way, how many times has guys made it to the NBA, as a lead guard and still has to work on their jumper?  I do believe he probably needs a season or two at St. John's.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 02:10:46 PM by mjdinkins »

ras

« Reply #227 on: April 28, 2011, 06:43:59 PM »
starting Pelle and G.G. at the 4/5 positions might work out nicely.

« Reply #228 on: April 28, 2011, 07:03:01 PM »

we'd go from being pretty small, to being pretty big, pretty quick
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #229 on: April 28, 2011, 08:19:20 PM »

Polee to the bench?

kob24

« Reply #230 on: April 28, 2011, 10:16:51 PM »
garret harkless and harrison is starting mark that down

« Reply #231 on: April 28, 2011, 10:39:54 PM »

I have never seen any of our recruits play- but just on ratings & write ups...
I expect  Nuri,   Harrison,   Harkless.   
and GG & Norville splitting the 5 (I doubt ever playing at same time)
I really expect the 5th starter to be Pointer,  Sampson or Polee.

Kob- what makes you think Garrett ?
Molloy '71

« Reply #232 on: April 29, 2011, 08:47:44 AM »
with this line-up, everyone has a chance to start.. giving Coach Lav the ability to have different starting 5's depending on how they match-up against the opponent

Marillac

« Reply #233 on: April 29, 2011, 12:14:13 PM »

Do you think Nuri will be coming off the bench?

ras

« Reply #234 on: April 29, 2011, 12:49:46 PM »
What position would Garret start?  With Pointer,Harkless,Sampson, and Polee that seems questionable.

« Reply #235 on: April 29, 2011, 01:36:28 PM »
Of the kids I've seen Harrison looks like a lock starter (at the 1 or 2).  Harkless looks like a lock starter too and appears to be a natural 3.  That's Polee's best position too so the question becomes where would Garrett start?  He's either a 2 or 3 and those spots are pretty well accounted for unless Harrison does get the call at the 1.We'll see.

ras

« Reply #236 on: April 29, 2011, 01:53:20 PM »
Even if Harrison is playing the1, its seems to me Pointer would start the 2 before Garret.

« Reply #237 on: May 17, 2011, 09:27:39 PM »
Maybe I should start a "2012/13 starting lineup" thread soon?

« Reply #238 on: May 18, 2011, 01:18:52 PM »
Even if Harrison is playing the1, its seems to me Pointer would start the 2 before Garret.

From all I've read, I think Pointer's minutes will be @ the "3"

With our great depth through 10 players, I hope he rotates starters 1st year.
Cant see anyone averaging over 25 minutes or less than 15 (except Stith ?)
- great for keeping defensive energy up!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 01:22:01 PM by stevep502 »
Molloy '71

Marillac

« Reply #239 on: May 18, 2011, 01:37:32 PM »

From all I've read, I think Pointer's minutes will be @ the "3"

With our great depth through 10 players, I hope he rotates starters 1st year.
Cant see anyone averaging over 25 minutes or less than 15 (except Stith ?)
- great for keeping defensive energy up!

Harrison, Nuri, and Harkless are the most skilled offensively.  Phil Greene looks like he is next in line offensively and also a spark with athleticism.  It'll be interesting to see if coach goes with the big 3 offensive players on the floor at once or tries to stagger them.  It would be weird to have all of the scoring come from the backcourt with say Harrison and Nuri on the floor but Harkless on the bench. 

Would Harrison, Nuri, Harkless be enough defensively?  I guess I could see a starting backcourt of Harrison and one of Greene, Garrett, or Pointer.   Garrett is by far the most interesting recruit to me.