Your 2011//12 starting lineup

• 328 replies

ras

Re: Your 2011//12 starting lineup
« Reply #240 on: May 18, 2011, 01:43:25 PM »
Although this is a deep class, the cream rises to the top. By January Lavin will have a much better idea and  the best players will see more minutes.

« Reply #241 on: May 18, 2011, 01:45:08 PM »
Although this is a deep class, the cream rises to the top. By January Lavin will have a much better idea and  the best players will see more minutes.

Other than whoever the PG is, I think Pelle averages the most minutes

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #242 on: May 18, 2011, 02:46:51 PM »

You crazy. I bet you that won't happen.

Then again, there are multiples at every other position... it's thin up front.

(hedge alert!)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 02:47:30 PM by peter »

« Reply #243 on: May 18, 2011, 02:49:58 PM »

You crazy. I bet you that won't happen.

Then again, there are multiples at every other position... it's thin up front.

(hedge alert!)

Not too many 6'10 guys on the roster

« Reply #244 on: May 19, 2011, 11:55:58 AM »
My best guess is Pelle will start.  I also think Harrison and Harkless are locks.  PG is up in the air but Nuri seems to be the frontrunner.  I'd also favor Polee to start alongside Mo with Sampson off the bench.  I see GG backing Pelle and Sir Dom as a premier 6th man with Garrett as a super combo uptempo shift.  If Nuri isn't efficient on offense and "D" Greene could move up but Harrison sliding over to PG gives us great flexibility.  If we can add a PG to augment Thomas for the future it wouldn't hurt either.

Marillac

« Reply #245 on: May 19, 2011, 12:29:29 PM »
My best guess is Pelle will start.  I also think Harrison and Harkless are locks.  PG is up in the air but Nuri seems to be the frontrunner.  I'd also favor Polee to start alongside Mo with Sampson off the bench.  I see GG backing Pelle and Sir Dom as a premier 6th man with Garrett as a super combo uptempo shift.  If Nuri isn't efficient on offense and "D" Greene could move up but Harrison sliding over to PG gives us great flexibility.  If we can add a PG to augment Thomas for the future it wouldn't hurt either.

I think Pelle and Polee are locks.  That could get confusing saying their names.  It seems like defense is not a strength of Harrison from the what  I've read--although he looked pretty good in the all-star game I saw him in (and nobody ever d's up in those games)--even more so for Nuri.  Lavin preaches getting lost in the defense.  That might open things up for a kid like Greene or Garrett to start at the deuce. 

I'm most looking forward to a defensive line change to include Greene-Garrett-Pointer-Sampson-Polee or some variation.  That would be fun to see.  I wonder who takes the jump ball?  Polee was incredible at it last year, but Sampson is an inch taller and just as long/athletic.  Pelle is three inches taller and longer but quite as athletic.

« Reply #246 on: May 19, 2011, 03:45:40 PM »
Jones
Lindsay
Pointer
Harkless
Pelle

kob24

« Reply #247 on: May 19, 2011, 09:47:35 PM »
Marco jones and lindsay can't start together. There isn't enough air in a basketball for those two. Trust me I've seen them since 8th grade. Harrison and lindsay will start

« Reply #248 on: May 19, 2011, 09:50:45 PM »
Marco jones and lindsay can't start together. There isn't enough air in a basketball for those two. Trust me I've seen them since 8th grade. Harrison and lindsay will start

kob-What are hearing on Momo?  Is it a definite and do you like the move from a SJU perspective?

Gumby

« Reply #249 on: May 19, 2011, 11:42:51 PM »
It will be interesting to see how the minutes play out for each player.  Who will end up with the most minutes? Pelle and GG, as the two big players?

I am not overly concerned about the starting lineup, but rather who will be on the court at the end of tight games.  That will probably be decided as the season goes on.  If the season were to start today, I think Coach would go with Nuri, Harrison, Harkless, Polee, and GG.

Coach Lavin demonstrated some flexibility with who played and when this past season rolled on.  He will probably do the same in 2011-2012.

kob24

« Reply #250 on: May 20, 2011, 12:33:24 AM »
i dont think it will happen. i dont think it should happen. there isnt a need for him. u have lindsay, greene harrison, and stith. lets say ok u think stith isnt a big east point so u subtract him out the equation. u still have 3 players who can play the point not including harkless who can run it in spurts. and lets say one of them gets kicked off ( god forbid)  u still have 2  left. we did pretty good last year with malik boothe and hardy running it. to me momo is a very good talent but he can be very selfish. if it was last years team i would say yes bring him in. he could provide more scoring and another handler. this up coming year even though they will be young they shouldnt have a problem. no thanks momo i like u and everything just not for this team ( IMO !!!!)

crgreen

« Reply #251 on: May 20, 2011, 01:14:07 AM »

No way if he's eligible and healthy that Momo doesn't start.  None.   Zero.

Also, since he hasn't played anywhere except one season in Oklahoma since 2008, not sure how accurate and up to date your "seen Lindsay since the 8th grade" might be.   

kob24

« Reply #252 on: May 20, 2011, 01:28:23 PM »

Also, since he hasn't played anywhere except one season in Oklahoma since 2008, not sure how accurate and up to date your "seen Lindsay since the 8th grade" might be.   
wait are u questioning me????? check my resume green i know way more about these recruits than u. tell me about accurate and update to date.... dave ban this chump

Poison

« Reply #253 on: May 20, 2011, 01:40:25 PM »
i dont think it will happen. i dont think it should happen. there isnt a need for him. u have lindsay, greene harrison, and stith. lets say ok u think stith isnt a big east point so u subtract him out the equation. u still have 3 players who can play the point not including harkless who can run it in spurts. and lets say one of them gets kicked off ( god forbid)  u still have 2  left. we did pretty good last year with malik boothe and hardy running it. to me momo is a very good talent but he can be very selfish. if it was last years team i would say yes bring him in. he could provide more scoring and another handler. this up coming year even though they will be young they shouldnt have a problem. no thanks momo i like u and everything just not for this team ( IMO !!!!)

I completely agree. We have great guards. Why mess with them?

ras

« Reply #254 on: May 20, 2011, 02:04:14 PM »
I find it ironic re: the talk of logjam at the. PG. We have 5 4star SFs .As of now many people project  Harrison,Harkless and Polee starting 2-4.  (none being upperclassmen). Our 2 highest rated recruits according to scout and ESPN , Pointer and Sampson will not start according to many. Logjam is a quality problem that all elite schools have.

« Reply #255 on: May 20, 2011, 02:14:45 PM »
I find it ironic re: the talk of logjam at the. PG. We have 5 4star SFs .As of now many people project  Harrison,Harkless and Polee starting 2-4.  (none being upperclassmen). Our 2 highest rated recruits according to scout and ESPN , Pointer and Sampson will not start according to many. Logjam is a quality problem that all elite schools have.

I wonder if logjam at Arizona has anything do with his transfer

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #256 on: May 20, 2011, 02:22:58 PM »
Thank you, KOB.

But be easy with CRGreen. That cat's an encyclopedia, especially with Lavin history.

« Reply #257 on: May 20, 2011, 03:33:49 PM »

wait are u questioning me????? check my resume green i know way more about these recruits than u. tell me about accurate and update to date.... dave ban this chump

Chill out KOB.  LOL.  It's funny, I was going to point out to CRGreen your credentials as I wasn't sure he knew them.  Maybe if you posted more frequently.

kob24

« Reply #258 on: May 21, 2011, 01:45:18 AM »
My fault fellas. I just get passionate. I've helped coach nuri when he was in 10 and 11th grade. I've spoken with him. Never coached momo but seen him since 7th grade with his pretty mom on the side line. I'm not gonna lie to yall. There is a reason why momo left let's keep it real. He saw the writing on the wall. And in no way shape or form am I saying he sucks. Hell no he doesn't but I can't see why u would add another scoring guard to a team where I think scoring won't be a issue. My fault to cgreen

MCNPA

« Reply #259 on: May 21, 2011, 09:22:25 AM »
My fault fellas. I just get passionate. I've helped coach nuri when he was in 10 and 11th grade. I've spoken with him. Never coached momo but seen him since 7th grade with his pretty mom on the side line. I'm not gonna lie to yall. There is a reason why momo left let's keep it real. He saw the writing on the wall. And in no way shape or form am I saying he sucks. Hell no he doesn't but I can't see why u would add another scoring guard to a team where I think scoring won't be a issue. My fault to cgreen

I agree with KOB.  Scoring won't be an issue.  All of our guards can score except Stith.  Jevon in 2012 will be our first real distributor type.  We aren't hurting without MoMo.  Look how well we did last year with only one dynamic scoring guard in Hardy, playing out of position at the PG spot.  People worried about Lindsey playing PG have ro realize that he has already been playing PG in JC ball and is much more of a PG than hardy ever was.  Couple that with his excellent size as well as scoring ability, and I think he does start at PG for us.  The staff will help him along as far as his PG development goes.