Your 2011//12 starting lineup

• 328 replies

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Re: Your 2011//12 starting lineup
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2010, 03:21:24 PM »
Marco has a point. If we agree that big men take longer to develop, and HS big men sometimes come out not knowing what to do against similarly-sized competition, the staff might think to having some height carry over.

Why redshirt Dele over someone like Sean Evans?

boo3

« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2010, 03:22:57 PM »
  of those 9 scholly's, i wouyld image 2-3 will go to JUCOs with some experience.  I have full faith in coach and staff to make its a non-issue. 

Marillac

« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2010, 07:48:13 PM »
Marco has a point. If we agree that big men take longer to develop, and HS big men sometimes come out not knowing what to do against similarly-sized competition, the staff might think to having some height carry over.

Why redshirt Dele over someone like Sean Evans?

We need both.  We don't really have size or depth up front at all.  We need Sean to provide his hustle and rebounding.  We need Coker because almost every team that made the dance had a guy 6'10 or bigger.  We have no shot-blockers except for him.

The junior college level produces some fantastic bigs every year.  Replacing Dele and Sean can be done with ease. 

I think you both overlook the fact that we need to win right away to attract recruits and put the country on notice.  If we win 20+ we can get can get a pri of top ten JUCO's to come in here and AT LEAST be as good as Sean and Dele. 

One final note...I don't want either of those guys clogging up PT after this season. 

« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2010, 04:12:09 PM »
PG Jabarie Hinds
SG Doron Lamb
SF Omari Lawrence
PF Derrick Randall
C  Dele Coker

PG Jabarie Hinds
SG Omari Lawrence
SF Dwayne Polee
PF_____________
C ______________

Is Joey Delarosa a Big East player?

Marillac

« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2010, 02:48:54 AM »
PG Jabarie Hinds
SG Doron Lamb
SF Omari Lawrence
PF Derrick Randall
C  Dele Coker

PG Jabarie Hinds
SG Omari Lawrence
SF Dwayne Polee
PF_____________
C ______________

Is Joey Delarosa a Big East player?

I don't think Polee will be ready to play SF by next season.  He'll be a hybrid IMO and probalby start at the four.

« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2010, 07:36:49 PM »
PG Jabarie Hinds
SG
SF Remi Barry
PF Dwayne Polee
C ______________
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 10:01:05 AM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2010, 10:01:37 AM »
G Jabarie Hinds
SG Quincy Roberts
SF Remi Barry
PF Dwayne Polee
C ______________

« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2010, 05:46:14 PM »
 G Jabarie Hinds
SG Quincy Roberts
SF Remi Barry
PF Dwayne Polee
C Travis/David Wear_____________

« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2010, 02:54:07 PM »
G Jabarie Hinds
SG Quincy Roberts
SF Remi Barry
PF Dwayne Polee

PG Malik Stith
SG Quincy ROberts
SF Remi BArry
PF Dwayne Polee
C ____________________

boo3

« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2010, 02:59:32 PM »
G Jabarie Hinds
SG Quincy Roberts
SF Remi Barry
PF Dwayne Polee

PG Malik Stith
SG Quincy ROberts
SF Remi BArry
PF Dwayne Polee
C ____________________

God, I hope your wrong.  Luckily you have an excellent track record in being so.   Lavin sounds like he's on a mission to find a big point guard from that interview. Stith will be a good backup for our stud PG.

« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2010, 03:06:07 PM »
G Jabarie Hinds
SG Quincy Roberts
SF Remi Barry
PF Dwayne Polee

PG Malik Stith
SG Quincy ROberts
SF Remi BArry
PF Dwayne Polee
C ____________________

God, I hope your wrong.  Luckily you have an excellent track record in being so.   Lavin sounds like he's on a mission to find a big point guard from that interview. Stith will be a good backup for our stud PG.

What big PG? Give me some names smart guy ;)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 03:06:30 PM by Marco Baldi »

boo3

« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2010, 03:10:33 PM »
G Jabarie Hinds
SG Quincy Roberts
SF Remi Barry
PF Dwayne Polee

PG Malik Stith
SG Quincy ROberts
SF Remi BArry
PF Dwayne Polee
C ____________________

I have no idea.  I leave the recruiting stuff to the so called "experts" on here.  Being that he has a full year to scout and recruit one, plus the fact that he's already identified finding a PG to compete in the BE,  i would be shocked and disappointed if Stith was our starting pg in Nov 2011.

« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2010, 03:12:27 PM »
G Jabarie Hinds
SG Quincy Roberts
SF Remi Barry
PF Dwayne Polee

PG Malik Stith
SG Quincy ROberts
SF Remi BArry
PF Dwayne Polee
C ____________________

I have no idea.  I leave the recruiting stuff to the so called "experts" on here.  Being that he has a full year to scout and recruit one, plus the fact that he's already identified finding a PG to compete in the BE,  i would be shocked and disappointed if Stith was our starting pg in Nov 2011.

Well than you cant comment on me being wrong more often than not when I predict something. Especially when you dont do so yourself

boo3

« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2010, 03:18:12 PM »
G Jabarie Hinds
SG Quincy Roberts
SF Remi Barry
PF Dwayne Polee

PG Malik Stith
SG Quincy ROberts
SF Remi BArry
PF Dwayne Polee
C ____________________

Well than you cant comment on me being wrong more often than not when I predict something. Especially when you dont do so yourself

predicting the 2011-2012 starting lineup and then changing it everytime one of your guys goes somewhere else seems a bit silly to me.  But, whatever makes you happy. When you finally get it right a day before the 2011 season opens are you gonna tell everyone how right you were?       Commenting about you being wrong the majority of the time is totally unrelated.  I just thought is was funny that you keep trying to plug different names in, everytime your wrong.   Lets see what happens in 2010-2011 first, or this might be the longest thread in the history of the Jungle. ;)

« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2010, 03:20:22 PM »
G Jabarie Hinds
SG Quincy Roberts
SF Remi Barry
PF Dwayne Polee

PG Malik Stith
SG Quincy ROberts
SF Remi BArry
PF Dwayne Polee
C ____________________

predicting the 2011-2012 starting lineup and then changing it everytime one of your guys goes somewhere else seems a bit silly to me.  But, whatever makes you happy. When you finally get it right a day before the 2011 season opens are you gonna tell everyone how right you were?       Commenting about you being wrong the majority of the time is totally unrelated.  I just thought is was funny that you keep trying to plug different names in, everytime your wrong.   Lets see what happens in 2010-2011 first, or this might be the longest thread in the history of the Jungle. ;)

I'll give you a pass since you were the only poster owning up in the huge Baldi victory with the Georgetown scenario

boo3

« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2010, 03:26:32 PM »
  Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while Baldi.   Seriously though,  do you really think Stith will be the starter in 2 years?  If so,  do you think that's a good thing?

« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2010, 03:30:01 PM »
  Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while Baldi.   Seriously though,  do you really think Stith will be the starter in 2 years?  If so,  do you think that's a good thing?

WIll their be and incoming freshman better than Stith as a junior? I guess it would have to a stud like you said. Lavin gave Stith a decent complement and I think he will be alright,not top flight. I think Hinds was that stud, but it looks like we are not on his list.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 12:37:01 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2010, 12:11:55 PM »
PG Malik Stith
SG Nick Johnson
SF Remi Barry
PF Dwayne Polee
C   Derrick Randall

« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2010, 01:43:48 PM »
PG Malik Stith
SG Nick Johnson
SF Remi Barry
PF Dwayne Polee
C   Derrick Randall

if only quin cook picks us..
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2010, 08:40:26 PM »
PG Malik Stith
SG Nick Johnson
SF Remi Barry
PF Dwayne Polee
C   Derrick Randall

For boo,

PG Quinn Cook
SG  Nick Johnson
SF Remi Barry
PF Dwayne Polee