Your 2011//12 starting lineup

• 328 replies

Marillac

Re: Your 2011//12 starting lineup
« Reply #200 on: April 21, 2011, 04:01:58 PM »
Has anyone seen Nuri Lindsay play? IF so, any comparisons?

the one game I watched online the way he moved with the ball reminded me of erik barkley

Don't mean to be rude, but that is a horrible comparison.  Barkley was as PURE, PURE, PURE point.  Nuri is at best a combo.  I'd compare Nuri to Marshon Brooks without the deep shot.

the one game I watched online the way he moved with the ball reminded me of erik barkley

No disrespect, but this is a horrible comparison.  Barkley was a pure, pure, pure point.  Nuri is a combo that doesn't use his three as a weapon, but drives very effectively.  Offensively he reminds more of Marshon Brooks before this season (with less of a jumper).  He is a  (much) less physical Tony Allen. 

Nuri will be able to play a lot like Dwight did this season in that he doesn't appear to need to be the focal point of the offense to get his points.  He'll get his points in the flow.  Harrison will be the more dynamic scorer, but I'm not sure that equates to outscoring Nuri the first season. 

« Reply #201 on: April 21, 2011, 04:44:55 PM »

Don't mean to be rude, but that is a horrible comparison.  Barkley was as PURE, PURE, PURE point.  Nuri is at best a combo.  I'd compare Nuri to Marshon Brooks without the deep shot.

No disrespect, but this is a horrible comparison.  Barkley was a pure, pure, pure point.  Nuri is a combo that doesn't use his three as a weapon, but drives very effectively.  Offensively he reminds more of Marshon Brooks before this season (with less of a jumper).  He is a  (much) less physical Tony Allen. 

Nuri will be able to play a lot like Dwight did this season in that he doesn't appear to need to be the focal point of the offense to get his points.  He'll get his points in the flow.  Harrison will be the more dynamic scorer, but I'm not sure that equates to outscoring Nuri the first season. 

I dont mind if you dont agree Marallic, all i said was he moved like him with the ball. Marshon brooks without a deep shot? Well seeing that marshon mad 67 threes on 200 attempts  its kind of like saying Burrell is similar to dwight howard without the inside scorign. Kind of does away with the comparison. The 7 rebounds, and 1 block a game, along with the fact hes a 6'5 wing just add to the totally terrible comparison.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #202 on: April 21, 2011, 05:23:35 PM »
Matchups will mean a lot but our opponents should be worrying more than us.

I guess we're thinking along the same lines.  Wow!  LOL   I think you have a mancrush on Harrison and Harkless.  I can't blame you, based on their skill set.

« Reply #203 on: April 22, 2011, 01:47:15 PM »
Where does Phil Greene fit in? Can he push for the starting PG job? Or would he be the 1st guard off the bench?

« Reply #204 on: April 22, 2011, 02:12:29 PM »
Matchups will mean a lot but our opponents should be worrying more than us.

I guess we're thinking along the same lines.  Wow!  LOL   I think you have a mancrush on Harrison and Harkless.  I can't blame you, based on their skill set.
Wow! is right.  Harrison blew me away and Harkless ain't far behind.  Skills and intangibles galore.  This team can be very good very soon if the chemistry works.

« Reply #205 on: April 22, 2011, 02:21:31 PM »
Where does Phil Greene fit in? Can he push for the starting PG job? Or would he be the 1st guard off the bench?

Greene will fit in at the 1 or 2.  To reiterate what Marillac has stated a time or two....  I don't know how Greene isn't being listed as a top 100 player.

I don't think he'll start, as I believe the starting PG will be Lindsey.  He could certainly be the first guard off the bench due to him being being able to handle PG duties and playing off the ball (at the 2).

« Reply #206 on: April 22, 2011, 02:26:10 PM »
Wow! is right.  Harrison blew me away and Harkless ain't far behind.  Skills and intangibles galore.  This team can be very good very soon if the chemistry works.

Harrison definitely impressed me, as well.  Harkless surely wasn't shabby, either.  I agree with your latter opinion.  Wow!  LOL

On a side note: Hopefully, there is gonna be a streamer for tonight's Derby Classic (Harrison is participating).  I know one of the local stations in Louisville is televising the game and maybe, there is a chance it's on a live streamer.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 02:26:27 PM by mjdinkins »

Marillac

« Reply #207 on: April 22, 2011, 03:56:00 PM »

I dont mind if you dont agree Marallic, all i said was he moved like him with the ball. Marshon brooks without a deep shot? Well seeing that marshon mad 67 threes on 200 attempts  its kind of like saying Burrell is similar to dwight howard without the inside scorign. Kind of does away with the comparison. The 7 rebounds, and 1 block a game, along with the fact hes a 6'5 wing just add to the totally terrible comparison.

That is why I said Brooks before this season.  Brooks was far from a prolific shooter/scorer until this season.  When Providence had more talent he moved around like Nuri and was involved offensively.  His game changed out of necessity this past season...Providence was awful.  I think Nuri has enough of a shot to keep guys somewhat honest, but he will be a killer off the bounce if passing/screening/movement can get his man to collapse away for a step or two. 

Harrison's game tonight...LOADED all-star game.  He could turn some heads...I hope he gets the minutes!

« Reply #208 on: April 22, 2011, 03:59:02 PM »
Harrison's game tonight...LOADED all-star game.  He could turn some heads...I hope he gets the minutes!

I can't remember where I read it, but it was mentioned that this is one of the better rosters in several years (for the Derby Festival Classic).

« Reply #209 on: April 22, 2011, 04:54:49 PM »
It is supposed to be streamed on Fox41.com

LJSA

« Reply #210 on: April 23, 2011, 04:23:38 PM »
Greene
Harrison
Pointer
Pelle
Harkless

LJSA

« Reply #211 on: April 23, 2011, 04:29:01 PM »
This team can be very good very soon if the chemistry works.

I think Lavin specifically targeted these guys because he felt that there would be chemistry.

« Reply #212 on: April 24, 2011, 06:56:47 AM »
Greene
Harrison
Pointer
Pelle
Harkless

Agree, I like this one the best.
Fire Mullin.

« Reply #213 on: April 24, 2011, 09:26:37 AM »
Greene
Harrison
Pointer
Pelle
Harkless

Agree, I like this one the best.

That would be  impressive. Wasnt there talk of Lindsay entering the draft? And he wont start here?

« Reply #214 on: April 24, 2011, 11:35:57 AM »
Greene
Harrison
Pointer
Pelle
Harkless

I don't doubt that is the initial lineup that trots onto the court.  Although, I believe Lindsey starts ahead of Greene.

ras

« Reply #215 on: April 24, 2011, 11:51:44 AM »
rate of improvement , growth in height and weight, will come into play. Based on what i read in scouting reports, I would start pointer at sf ,  he is improving at the fastest rate. Sampson and Harkess seem to be about equal in skill with Sampson a bit taller.  nuri, harrison,pointer,sampson,pelle  with harkess playing major minutes.

ras

« Reply #216 on: April 24, 2011, 11:58:34 AM »
Greene, however, also seems like a good choice also at pg. 

« Reply #217 on: April 24, 2011, 01:04:12 PM »
rate of improvement , growth in height and weight, will come into play. Based on what i read in scouting reports, I would start pointer at sf ,  he is improving at the fastest rate. Sampson and Harkess seem to be about equal in skill with Sampson a bit taller.  nuri, harrison,pointer,sampson,pelle  with harkess playing major minutes.

at this point harkless has a much more polished skill set than Sampson. Sampson's outside game will need to improve a lot to catch up with harkless who is silky smooth already
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 02:00:37 PM by jumpinjohnny »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #218 on: April 24, 2011, 01:37:00 PM »
I'd like to see Harrison tried at the point ala Hardy, alongside Pointer as a Willie Glass type 2G for leadership purposes until I see what Lindsey and Greene can do. Then Harkless, Polee and Pelle across the front.  I think Garrett could back up Pointer and Sampson could be the first big off the bench unless GG shows up.  For openers Pointer and Harrison seem to be two of the 5 best and the above gets them on the court together especially early when the game tone is being set.  Harrison should get plenty of ally oops assists with this supporting cast. 

ras

« Reply #219 on: April 24, 2011, 03:52:21 PM »
in determining who the starting pf should be ,one should evaluate who has a better inside game. Who can score in the paint,rebound, and defend a big man?