Do we have a need for Stith

• 29 replies

Marillac

Do we have a need for Stith
« on: March 31, 2010, 02:19:12 PM »
Honestly, I don't think we do.  We have Grace (or someone better) coming next year.  Q and Omari can handle the ball in addition to Hardy and our half court PG, Kennedy.

If we could get a top 100 caliber guard to come in, would you guys like to see Sith sent packing?

The three top PG's in the country are available.  If we add one of them, I think we could win some games in the tournament.

Marillac

Re: Do we have a need for Stith
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 02:20:17 PM »
How much worse was Q handling point as a freshman than Stith this past season? 

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 02:25:34 PM »
He has no jumper and little command of the offense and is short.  He is not a Big East player and was a panic signing from Norm.

sjd8886

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 02:38:08 PM »
thats the problem with recruiting 3 star prospects when the rest of the league is recruiting 4 and 5 star prospects...they cant compete once they get here

Poison

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 03:01:31 PM »
How much worse was Q handling point as a freshman than Stith this past season?

You're talking about who is the taller dwarf?
Both could transfer out. They get more playing time elsewhere.

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 03:10:47 PM »
I like Q I real think he can be a good bench player at worst.As for Stith didn't see much from him but he can be better than Boothe not sure if that is saying much
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 03:16:33 PM »
Stay classy San Diego
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Poison

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 03:20:57 PM »
I like Q I real think he can be a good bench player at worst.As for Stith didn't see much from him but he can be better than Boothe not sure if that is saying much

What did Stith show you that makes you think he can be better than Boothe?

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2010, 03:23:38 PM »
We should not be talking of dumping any players. St. John's recruited them. Hiring a new coach should not give the university a blank check to push any players out the door. Should any players want to transfer that is on them. I am in favor of keeping all our current players and let the new coach make them better. He can then recruit his own players for 2011.

Poison

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2010, 03:39:20 PM »
We should not be talking of dumping any players. St. John's recruited them. Hiring a new coach should not give the university a blank check to push any players out the door. Should any players want to transfer that is on them. I am in favor of keeping all our current players and let the new coach make them better. He can then recruit his own players for 2011.

I don't think it's dumping them as much as it would be giving them a chance to go somewhere they'll get PT.

Malik Stith struggled against Depaul. How is ready for the BE? In what way? Quincy Roberts might improve, but let's be honest, if he had the talent to play at this level, they wouldn't have red-shirted him.

mkras99

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2010, 03:40:18 PM »
Marilac, what do you do for a living?

Tha Kid

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2010, 03:44:54 PM »
What you do is, after analyzing them, tell them where you think the program is headed and that they need to decide whether they want to work their assess off for potentially minimal time, or if they would rather go elsewhere for more time, that they'd understand.

If they choose to stay, that's the end of it.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2010, 03:51:11 PM »
Marilac, what do you do for a living?

He's a cow milker and lover.

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2010, 03:59:43 PM »
Hey Poison whoever you are you know basketball. You are dead on about Stith. Not a Big east caliber player at all. Good player but over his head at this level. What other schools wanted him out of high school? Not many. As for Grace I honestly can't evaluate him because haven't seen him play. But I agree with you 100%. Panic signing by Norm.

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2010, 04:02:13 PM »
Hey Poison and what you said about Quincy too, dead on. Definately, if he had a future he wouldn't have been redshirted. They say medical redshirt but it's common knowledge he wasn't going to play. That's the real reason.

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2010, 04:02:29 PM »
Panic signing? Didnt Stith commit early?

kjd01067

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2010, 04:08:55 PM »
Panic signing? Didnt Stith commit early?

Yea as I remember he signed early and then was thinking about opening up his recruitment and then decided to stick with STJ.

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2010, 04:53:43 PM »
he actually committed then decommitted and opened back up his recruitment his senior year. But guess what. He had no other major D-1 offers. If I remember South Carolina showed interest. Then he re-committed to St. John's. Believe it or not he actually was good at that prep school he was in. But not Big East good. saw him play many times.

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2010, 05:33:55 PM »
Hey Poison and what you said about Quincy too, dead on. Definately, if he had a future he wouldn't have been redshirted. They say medical redshirt but it's common knowledge he wasn't going to play. That's the real reason.

Common knowledge by whom? He had a concussion condition similar to Ryan Church. I swear some of you people like talking out of your asses just to smell your own shit.

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2010, 05:35:52 PM »
You dont ever push a kid out the door, unless "Pittsburg" type behavior.

Grace is coming in Sept 2011, not 2010.
He has verballed, not signed- he cant till Nov 2010.
And by the way- talking about us recruiting 3 star prospects, while
other BE teams recruit 4 star guys... Grace is 2 STAR per scout.

Every major should have 3 PG's on team. I want him to stay (Bird in hand)
If he is recruited over & Lavin brings in two 4 star PG's and he is 3rd PG,
then Lavin is doing a great job, and he might decide to leave on his own,
 but until the 2 stud PG's verbal, Stith is at least #2

Quincy & Omari are 2 / 3's. Lets be real.
I've never seen Grace... but we need studs. Unless Scout is
way off base (2 star?) on him- he is a BE backup at best ?
And as he (Grace) has not yet signed- Lavin or staff
should watch him carefully over summer, then  who knows....

« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 05:41:41 PM by stevep502 »
Molloy '71