Norm's Job Security

• 60 replies
Re: Norm's Job Security
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2008, 10:25:32 AM »
Heard thru my sources we gonna get the Easter Bunny wit assistants Curly Neal, DMC and Frodo. Mark it.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2008, 11:40:34 AM »
OK, let me make sure I got this.  We are getting a new head coach with big ears and assistants who 1) are bald, 2)black and 3)short and furry.
Sounds just about right to me  :D

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2008, 01:16:36 PM »
OK, let me make sure I got this.  We are getting a new head coach with big ears and assistants who 1) are bald, 2)black and 3)short and furry.
Sounds just about right to me  :D

We into equal opportunity hiring.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2008, 01:26:04 PM »
Well I was buying a pair of sneakers at KMart and my source, the sneaker department manager and a real maven about college BB, told me that SJU is this close (fingers really close together) to signing John Wooden..done deal he said.  Then he asked me debit or credit and ...

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2008, 12:31:39 AM »
Fire Norm
HIRE THE GENERAL BOB KNIGHT

« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2008, 12:38:18 AM »
norm's gotta go, this game tonight was horrendous. back to back games shooting at 25%, how can we expect to contend?? there was no offensive flow whatsoever. and to make matters worse we still have no1 coming in next year :(
We Not Me

Randomhero423

« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2008, 01:06:14 AM »
i hope we have no one comming in next year.  let our new coach have a full slate of scholarships.

coker > sutton.

we need a PG. 

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2008, 02:26:41 PM »
LOL got bored.....thought id bring this topic up again! ;D

« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2008, 01:55:13 PM »
Just wondering if anybody has different thoughs since we didnt get blown out last nite.....

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2008, 02:05:03 PM »
On the other site, someone mentioned a plausible possibility-- new assistant coaches.  I would imagine the admin would want to keep Quartelbaum since he has some respect/ rep, and ditch Braica and Casey.  Anyone know which coach is in charge of what aspect?

I'll start a thread.

« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2008, 09:55:17 PM »
Which coach out there would come?  But here is something that I never understood w/SJU.  SJU being in NYC, financial and business capital of U.S., heavy sports enthusiasts although more for the pro level, entertainment beyond expectations 24 hours a day, NYS is full of our graduated lawyers, Wall St. has our graduates, so much damn potential being in NYC area, etc, etc...why can't we recruit more national bluechippers?  Or better yet keep NYC's bluechipper.  Is Syracuse, Durham, Chapel Hill, Bloomington or anywhere else in this country except for maybe Chicago a better place to be in when you are young?  And I am not saying to the age of 22 only.  The business world recruits the best talent to Wall Street.  Broadway recruits the best stage actors/actresses.  If I had a chance to play for a major college in the capital of the world and be exposed to a life in NYC, the movers and shakers of our society I would drop all of those aformentioned towns like lead weight and come here!  I just don't understand.  Maybe its my SJU education that doesn't let me see other things.  I think that SJU & NYC is a terrific combo!  Maybe I am biased since I was borned and raised in NY.  But I have been to other parts of the USA and sorry, nice place to visit but...

Randomhero423

« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2008, 09:56:50 PM »
it's because NORM can't recruit.  i guarantee if we had a decent coach (maybe fran or maybe jarvis without the penalties) we could have landed Oj Mayo.  He went to USC because of the exposure and the city..

« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2008, 08:46:29 AM »
I was just gonna bring this topic up after the brutal loss to duke....randomhero, cmon man, jarvis couldn't recruit hilary clinton to playball @ sju....all of jarvis' players were fran's!

Randomhero423

« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2008, 10:07:09 AM »
I was just gonna bring this topic up after the brutal loss to duke....randomhero, cmon man, jarvis couldn't recruit hilary clinton to playball @ sju....all of jarvis' players were fran's!

i hate jarvis as much as anyone else.  but he didn't recruit that badly.  he did get marcus hatten, elijah ingram (4 star), darryl hill, lamont hamilton (4 star) and omar cook. 

pmg911

« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2008, 11:44:15 AM »

So he couldn't recruit when he signed that Top 5 ranked class led by Omar Cook & Darius Miles...?

« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2008, 12:00:24 PM »
i guess your right.....but did he do it norm's way---the right way??  ;D

« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2008, 10:08:31 PM »
Time to tell Norm bye bye

« Reply #57 on: February 29, 2008, 09:39:29 AM »
thought i would bring this up again after the loss to gtown, good effort but still a L.....

« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2008, 03:00:55 PM »
anybody change their opinion/outlook since the seton hall victory?

« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2008, 03:05:24 PM »
you are very obsessed with this thread
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle