Alumni Update- Lamont Hamilton, Happy Birthday [JohnnyJungle.com]

• 8 replies
Too often we forget those who played in a Red Storm uniform after they graduate. Yesterday was St. John's basketball alumnus Lamont Hamilton's 26th birthday. Continue Reading
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: Alumni Update- Lamont Hamilton, Happy Birthday [JohnnyJungle.com]
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 08:31:55 AM »
To all them brothers out there who think that if y'all dont make the League then you aint successful, read this here story 'bout a player who is livin the life in one of the world's best cities, expandin his mind, expandin his culture, doin it wit his fams.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 09:01:32 AM »
Good stuff... Glad to hear he is doing well!
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 09:52:51 AM »
He played in Spain too, for Mallorca... he's got a nice career going in Europe.  Good living.

Poison

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 10:08:59 AM »
To all them brothers out there who think that if y'all dont make the League then you aint successful, read this here story 'bout a player who is livin the life in one of the world's best cities, expandin his mind, expandin his culture, doin it wit his fams.

The NBA is garbage. Give me Italy, France or Spain any day.
Kevin Durant actually has to live Oklahoma City.

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 01:32:41 PM »
I remember Lamont's junior year he was shooting damn near 50% from 3 point land and we'd go nuts anytime he'd shoot a 3 because he almost made all of them. No one game him any credit for his range.

I wish he would have hit the weights harder because he could have been a real beast with a legit strength and conditioning program.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

redslope

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 01:45:39 PM »
great new feature Dave--keep it up

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 01:46:43 PM »

The NBA is garbage. Give me Italy, France or Spain any day.
Kevin Durant actually has to live Oklahoma City.
The money's good and so are the groupies.  But shiit, if I had a regular paycheck?  Have you seen Mallorca?  Or if a guy had a chance to play in Barcelona?  I'd turn down Ok City for that.  hell, I'd turn down Atlanta for Greece!

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 01:48:31 PM »
I remember Lamont's junior year he was shooting damn near 50% from 3 point land and we'd go nuts anytime he'd shoot a 3 because he almost made all of them. No one game him any credit for his range.

I wish he would have hit the weights harder because he could have been a real beast with a legit strength and conditioning program.
For me, I thought the thing was that his touch around the basket wasn't good, and it seemed to be a disease that went through all of Norm's big men.  Tomas could never get a bunny to fall, either.  I don't know how you teach that, but it was something missing.    Keep it up, Dave!