Where it go?

• 9 replies
Where it go?
« on: January 30, 2008, 10:21:48 PM »
Some y'all may know that I got myselves a new job at the end of summer workin mostly wit some peoples that are drug addicted. Not an easy job. On call 24/7. And the thing is I see a lot mo failures than success. But me an my peeps out there take pride in puttin the effort out to help the helpless. Sometime its the only thing we can raise our heads up fo.

Thing is I dont see that wit St. John ball anymo and I dont know why.

I remember a weak team that couldn't ball but they play mad hard. Goin fo evry ball like they life depend on it. Gettin up in they man and makin him earn evrytin. That was coach's first team. Four years ago.

Tnight I see a team that mostly dont care. Sure they wuz some playaz out there wit pride divin on the flo and whatnot in they limit minutes, but as a team they wuz no pride.

My mind wanders and I dream of Kev Williams takin down Ewing.

And Matt Brust settin a pick that knock down Jerome Lane.

And Charles Minland puttin it up gainst Donnie Marshall.

And Ty makin it look like he 7-foot gainst Jake Voskul.

That St. John ball to me. Where it go, bre? Where it go? 
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 10:22:09 PM by Choz4Life »
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

mkras99

Re: Where it go?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 10:23:42 PM »
Some y'all may know that I got myselves a new job at the end of summer workin mostly wit some peoples that are drug addicted. Not an easy job. On call 24/7. And the thing is I see a lot mo failures than success. But me an my peeps out there take pride in puttin the effort out to help the helpless. Sometime its the only thing we can raise our heads up fo.

I remember a weak team that couldn't ball but they play mad hard. Goin fo evry ball like they life depend on it. Gettin up in they man and makin him earn evrytin. That was coach's first team. Four years ago.

Tnight I see a team that mostly dont care. Sure they wuz some playaz out there wit pride divin on the flo and whatnot in they limit minutes, but as a team they wuz no pride.

Choz, you mind if I post this on redmen.com?  This says it all.

kjd01067

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 10:24:04 PM »
Great post Choz and keep up the good work brother !

Poison

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 10:30:54 PM »

It's time to let Norm go. At least when he first got here, they played hard.
Now, they have no heart.

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 10:54:25 PM »
i think your wrong. i think they are still playing hard.  even in the final few minutes, guys were saving balls out of bounds and trying to take charges.  the problem is that theyre poorly coached.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 10:56:04 PM »

Sure yo.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 11:14:23 PM »
i think your wrong. i think they are still playing hard.  even in the final few minutes, guys were saving balls out of bounds and trying to take charges.  the problem is that theyre poorly coached.

I disagree the subs were playing hard but others gave up. I thought we came out with good energy but horrible execution and when it was 10-2 we gave up.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 11:33:02 PM »
i just cannot see how norm is coming back next season, 5 yr rollover- bowlover whatever, this school  does have dignity and will let him finish the season. that is it. when my friend texted me 27-3...why was i not surprised?

pmg911

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 10:52:37 AM »

Why not get the CLOSED SOCIETY to open up and let some new voices be heard there..?

Choz could post it himself then...

Tha Kid

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2008, 12:41:23 PM »
Great post Choz.  Kinda sad that Norm's first coaching job will be that first season with a severe lack of talent but a ton of heart...wednesday was unwatchable.

If he can't motivate the kids to play hard the whole game, I don't care what our record is, he has to go.
"I drink and I know things"