Glenn Braica

• 4 replies
Glenn Braica
« on: April 10, 2010, 03:46:52 PM »

Marillac

Re: Glenn Braica
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 05:21:05 PM »
He would be a terrible hire. A small school ike St. Francis needs to find a young guy on his way up. Siena has done an incredible job three-four coaches in a row. 

I'd personally take a chance on Naclerio over Braica. 

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 06:11:56 PM »
siena really screwed up their hire before mcaffrey. i cant remember his name for some reason
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

mkras99

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 06:24:31 PM »
siena really screwed up their hire before mcaffrey. i cant remember his name for some reason

Rob Lanier.  He's now on Donovan's staff at Florida.

Marillac

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 08:06:11 PM »

I'm not sure he was such a horrible hire.  His teams didn't win like Hewitt's or McCaffrey's, but he did recruit well.  He recruit Jack McClinton who transferred when Lanier was canned and then wen ton to be All-ACC three times.   His name escapes me now.  Didn't he also get Kojo Mensah and Tay Fisher? Lanier also went to the NCAA tournament once and the NIT over his four years.  His last two teams were awful, but that's what happens when you graduate all your talent.  If McClinton stays, Siena would have made the NCAA's the next three years.

In any event, three out of the last four Siena coaches did well and went on to get jobs with big schools:  Paul Hewitt, Louis Orr, and Fran McCaffrey.