Paris Horne

• 50 replies
Re: Paris Horne
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2010, 10:32:09 PM »
hardy has what coaches call "solid intangibles," what i translate to confidence, assertiveness, and floor vision. he hits big shots, will step in and shoot the open pull-up every time, and is rock solid shooting free throws. all of these skills translate to the "sixth man" role, because he doesn't move well without the ball, plays chase defense, uncertain with his handle, and loses focus when on the court for too long.

starting duties will go to q or paris...dont sleep on quincy

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2010, 10:51:04 PM »
saw some of the workouts recently at gauchos gym with durant scott, kevin parrom, omari lawrence. They looked great. Omari is 195lbs and looked quick as hell,couldn't be gaurded. Durant has a chance in the league. Kev may be all pac-10 next year, atleast 2nd team

« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2010, 11:18:58 PM »
saw some of the workouts recently at gauchos gym with durant scott, kevin parrom, omari lawrence. They looked great. Omari is 195lbs and looked quick as hell,couldn't be gaurded. Durant has a chance in the league. Kev may be all pac-10 next year, atleast 2nd team

We could have had them all too ugh :(
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2010, 11:19:44 PM »
I've been holding onto this one for a while. Norm didn't think Parrom was good enough.

« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2010, 11:38:46 PM »
if that is true, Norm was and is crazy. He also recruited the kid grace who was honorable mention all-brooklyn. Come on. Norm isn't that bad evaluator of talent. He recruits talented kids. Those who knew Rob Thomas in High School know the deal. He was an absolute beast. But he was wrong about Kevin. He is nice.

TONYD3

« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2010, 05:52:47 PM »
at times we could also play DJ at the 2 and Brownlee at the 3

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2010, 06:53:41 PM »
if that is true, Norm was and is crazy. He also recruited the kid grace who was honorable mention all-brooklyn. Come on. Norm isn't that bad evaluator of talent. He recruits talented kids. Those who knew Rob Thomas in High School know the deal. He was an absolute beast. But he was wrong about Kevin. He is nice.
I'll defend Norm on this one (though I heard about that and thought that he was nuts).  If he knew he needed to show something last year to keep his job Parrom isn't the guy you bring in, exactly; you bring in Hardy and Brownlee, guys who can score.  Both Parrom and Omari needed a little development before they could make an impact and if he felt that he didn't have that time (and didn't feel like he could develop a passable offensive unit on his own)...

« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2010, 07:44:28 PM »
Norm didn't want Hardy either lol.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2010, 10:44:38 PM »
Norm didn't want Hardy either lol.
Well, that's just effing crazy.

« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2010, 01:53:35 AM »
Carmine,

Your own eyes should have provided you with all this.  Take off the blinders.

I'm only taking off the blinders if I can have lasix and bute.

« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2010, 08:09:42 AM »
Tony d that idea of DJ at the two and Brownlee at the three is excellent. I think that would be a great combo.