Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies
Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #1340 on: September 07, 2011, 04:47:18 PM »
But Is Baron Davis gonna help us out or UCLA?

It's not like Ben Howland coached him.

True but he may have UCLA pride. Regardless I dont think it makes a huge difference either way

crgreen

« Reply #1341 on: September 07, 2011, 04:54:52 PM »

Since Baron was the poster boy for the "Lavin can't coach, his players hate him" faction of UCLA fans, his being at SJU speaks volumes to the recruits.

Altho it REALLY reinforces how important Rico is to the process.   I'm sure it's not lost on Kyle that guys like Kobe and Baron are showing up to hang with Rico....have there been any Steph Curry or Monta Ellis sightings?

« Reply #1342 on: September 07, 2011, 04:58:27 PM »
baron davis working out at st. john's according to twitter...

As, well as another UCLA alum and St. John's prop giver  ;).....  Kris Johnson.

http://twitter.com/#!/PointForwardPro/status/111437755803897856
Kris is great - even he surprisingly admitted MSG is the mecca of bball  to me - lol

« Reply #1343 on: September 07, 2011, 05:02:45 PM »

Baron tweeted yesterday that he was having dinner with Coach Lavin and co.  So I would say Baron's loyalty are to Lav 1st, UCLA 2nd.

« Reply #1344 on: September 07, 2011, 05:08:28 PM »
appears that visit ended about an hour ago.  wonder how long it'll take zags to come up with a "story"

« Reply #1345 on: September 07, 2011, 05:13:30 PM »
appears that visit ended about an hour ago.  wonder how long it'll take zags to come up with a "story"
30 seconds ago:  Kyle:

KyleAnderson5
St johns visit was great but i dont wanna hear about college for the next couple days

http://twitter.com/#!/KyleAnderson5/status/111547435737817088

« Reply #1346 on: September 07, 2011, 05:15:23 PM »

KyleAnderson5
St johns visit was great but i dont wanna hear about college for the next couple days

wow.  sounds like process is starting to take a toll. 

« Reply #1347 on: September 07, 2011, 05:16:47 PM »

KyleAnderson5

wow.  sounds like process is starting to take a toll.
Maybe, but KA is one cool cucumber...

« Reply #1348 on: September 07, 2011, 05:26:14 PM »
mean no disrespect to anyone here by the language in this tweet, but it appears that the SJU student body were acting like groupies today:

@BASEGODCG
Chris Gaston
Wow nikkaz is really dick riding @KyleAnderson5 in the cafe righ now haha

« Reply #1349 on: September 07, 2011, 05:34:10 PM »
mean no disrespect to anyone here by the language in this tweet, but it appears that the SJU student body were acting like groupies today:

@BASEGODCG
Chris Gaston
Wow nikkaz is really dick riding @KyleAnderson5 in the cafe righ now haha

What was Chris Gaston doing there?

kob24

« Reply #1350 on: September 07, 2011, 06:26:26 PM »
chris gatson the hate right now is crazy. young man if they was doing that to u u would be foaming at the mouth. lets not be a hater

Poison

« Reply #1351 on: September 07, 2011, 07:03:10 PM »
Chris Gaston's Fordham Rams are not to be overlooked this season in their home game vs Bryant.

« Reply #1352 on: September 07, 2011, 07:11:23 PM »
Does sound like the process is wearing on him. I'm sure he'll love the SH fans putting the pressure on tonight at some rec league game.

kjd01067

« Reply #1353 on: September 07, 2011, 07:14:10 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/09/07/kyle-anderson-chats-with-baron-davis-on-sju-visit/#more-57378

Kyle Anderson encountered a special visitor on his unofficial visit to St. John’s Wednesday.

Former UCLA and current Cleveland Cavaliers point guard Baron Davis just happened to be on campus for Anderson’s visit.
“It was good,” said Anderson, who made the trip to Queens with his mother, Suzanne, and two brothers, Duanne and Jamar. “Baron Davis was there. It was a productive visit.”

« Reply #1354 on: September 07, 2011, 07:16:57 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/09/07/kyle-anderson-chats-with-baron-davis-on-sju-visit/#more-57378

Kyle Anderson encountered a special visitor on his unofficial visit to St. John’s Wednesday.

Former UCLA and current Cleveland Cavaliers point guard Baron Davis just happened to be on campus for Anderson’s visit.
“It was good,” said Anderson, who made the trip to Queens with his mother, Suzanne, and two brothers, Duanne and Jamar. “Baron Davis was there. It was a productive visit.”

You know the fans from the other school recruiting KA are gonna be up in arms over this.

« Reply #1355 on: September 07, 2011, 07:17:29 PM »

Well, all these posts about the poor westher in the east for his visit begs the question.  Dave, what kind of insight can you give us on Kyle's "weather preferences"?    :)

Hey, it was freaking 105 degrees for almost 2 weeks while he was in LA.   I was BORN there and I was always wishing I could reloacate east after about the 3rd or 4th day (of course, maybe that explains why I'm  IN the east now - albeit after 5 or 6 decades in the heat).   ;)

You must have lived in the valley.  ; )

For the uninitiated right now it is 104 degrees in Reseda on the San Fernanco Valley floor.  At Venice Beach it's 79.  CR, that's about 7 miles as the crow flies?

I work about 5 miles from my house.  10 degrees difference on average when it's hot, sometimes more.

« Reply #1356 on: September 07, 2011, 07:22:22 PM »

i thought the purpose of the reschedule was to get BOTH parents to visit(?)  based on this, it doesn't appear that the key influencer, DAD, made it. 

does this mean we get an in-home now?

« Reply #1357 on: September 07, 2011, 07:23:34 PM »
Does sound like the process is wearing on him. I'm sure he'll love the SH fans putting the pressure on tonight at some rec league game.

I was thinking the same once I read the tweet posted on here.  He's probably tiring of the process and being badgered. 

« Reply #1358 on: September 07, 2011, 07:48:09 PM »

i thought the purpose of the reschedule was to get BOTH parents to visit(?)  based on this, it doesn't appear that the key influencer, DAD, made it. 

Great question

pmg911

« Reply #1359 on: September 07, 2011, 07:53:11 PM »

I thought he annouced his "in-home" visits already.