Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies
Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #1780 on: September 13, 2011, 07:23:56 PM »
Kyle makes other players around him better, but players around Kyle also make him better. KA isn't Lance Stephenson. I think that makes sense.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

gman

« Reply #1781 on: September 13, 2011, 07:30:52 PM »
I certainly hope SJU fans aren't pestering Zags or anybody else.  SJU fans need to be more collected than that.  It's all fun to talk it out on a message board like this, which is the appropriate forum.

I doubt anyone is bugging Zags on our side.  He posts are full of quotes.  It's obvious who he is talking to.  Bring on the 20th.

« Reply #1782 on: September 13, 2011, 07:58:54 PM »
I certainly hope SJU fans aren't pestering Zags or anybody else.  SJU fans need to be more collected than that.  It's all fun to talk it out on a message board like this, which is the appropriate forum.

I doubt anyone is bugging Zags on our side.  He posts are full of quotes.  It's obvious who he is talking to.  Bring on the 20th.

Bingo.  These guys look SOOO STUPID it is beyond belief.  Unbelievably stupid!!!!!

pmg911

« Reply #1783 on: September 13, 2011, 09:07:51 PM »
Pretty surprised no Hall fans have ventured over here so far

Moose - didn't you forget that I am a Seton Hall fan.

Moose

« Reply #1784 on: September 13, 2011, 10:23:20 PM »
Pretty surprised no Hall fans have ventured over here so far

Moose - didn't you forget that I am a Seton Hall fan.

:)
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #1785 on: September 13, 2011, 10:27:38 PM »
any truth to reports on redmen.com that we have an in-home with KA tomorrow

« Reply #1786 on: September 14, 2011, 12:28:29 AM »
Dunno, but KA is tweeting about SHU alot lately.

Just saw this:

KyleAnderson5 Vinny Chase
I love everything about SHU tho being a pirate will be great tho!! I hate wen ppl tell me not to go there

:-\

« Reply #1787 on: September 14, 2011, 12:35:14 AM »

Just saw this:

I love everything about SHU tho being a pirate will be great tho!! I hate wen ppl tell me not to go there

He tweeted that right after he tweeted this

"I want to know if i dont choose SHU will i still be able to come to all the games i been going to them every year since i was 9 lol"

He retweet's fans of all 5 school's that say good stuff about him, you just see more Seton Hall stuff because they harass him the most on twitter, and he atleast has a soft spot for the school as he went to their games since he was a little kid.

I really don't wanna make speculation off of a 17 year olds twitter account but it honestly sounds like he knows he's not going there but he's showing them a ton of love because he doesn't want them to turn on him and harass him negatively (which you know they will do). I'm admittedly biased and always optimistic about my team, but I think the tweet about wondering if he'll be welcome back there to go to games is more of an indication of his decision than anything else he tweets about them, especially since, like I said, he always retweets fans of the 5 schools that say good things about him.

« Reply #1788 on: September 14, 2011, 12:44:46 AM »

Just saw this:

He tweeted that right after he tweeted this

"I want to know if i dont choose SHU will i still be able to come to all the games i been going to them every year since i was 9 lol"

He retweet's fans of all 5 school's that say good stuff about him, you just see more Seton Hall stuff because they harass him the most on twitter, and he atleast has a soft spot for the school as he went to their games since he was a little kid.

I really don't wanna make speculation off of a 17 year olds twitter account but it honestly sounds like he knows he's not going there but he's showing them a ton of love because he doesn't want them to turn on him and harass him negatively (which you know they will do). I'm admittedly biased and always optimistic about my team, but I think the tweet about wondering if he'll be welcome back there to go to games is more of an indication of his decision than anything else he tweets about them, especially since, like I said, he always retweets fans of the 5 schools that say good things about him.
You never know.  If he retweeted this, Hall fans would have gotten on him:

@KyleAnderson5 is the last piece to the deep run tourney puzzle for one squad. The Beast will be complete if it happens.

It doesn't mean anything to me.  I wrote it because that's what I was thinking of at the time.

« Reply #1789 on: September 14, 2011, 12:49:39 AM »
I know what you're saying, but I do think he's conscious of what he's writing/saying. Would be a nice humble pie in the face to the SHU message boards if he commits here next week.  ;)

« Reply #1790 on: September 14, 2011, 12:56:23 AM »
I know what you're saying, but I do think he's conscious of what he's writing/saying. Would be a nice humble pie in the face to the SHU message boards if he commits here next week.  ;)
As long as any recruit winds up happy where they choose, it's all good in my book.  Since it is already a business, as evidenced by all the over-the-top hype top recruits now receive, KA really is making a career choice first.  Outside of the development of oneself as a student and person, making the best career choice is of utmost importance.  And if one wants to be part of a team that has all the pieces to potentially be great the first year on board, which as cr has said, will most likely be his only year.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 12:56:58 AM by bball purist »

« Reply #1791 on: September 14, 2011, 12:56:47 AM »
Kyle RT's Dan and I's tweets all the time. A lot of the high school players will RT anything you say about them. They like to hear their name. Don't read into this what so ever.

As for Kyle the decision is obviously weighing on him. He's getting a ton of pressure from peers, community, media, and fans.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #1792 on: September 14, 2011, 12:58:38 AM »
Kyle RT's Dan and I's tweets all the time. A lot of the high school players will RT anything you say about them. They like to hear their name. Don't read into this what so ever.

As for Kyle the decision is obviously weighing on him. He's getting a ton of pressure from peers, community, media, and fans.
Who the heck is saying "Don't go to the Hall." We obviously aren't - unless non-board fans and other schools' fans are goin' off on Kyle

Gumby

« Reply #1793 on: September 14, 2011, 01:26:48 AM »
All along I have been saying that it is between UCLA and us.  The tweets with SHU fans seem more aligned with recruiting a kid for HS than college. But who knows?

I figured we would win out because of Coach Lavin, his coaching staff, our NCAA-quality team with the incoming 2011 and 2012 recruiting classes, MSG,  and being close to KA's home.

However, I have gone back and watched some of KA's videos.  A man playing with boys.  There is one thing I believe KA could improve upon and that is getting his frame ready to take the pounding of the NBA.  Who better to help KA with this task than our own Rico?  Having those NBA players over to the campus lately is a testimonial to Rico's vast conditioning talents.  I think KA and his Dad have not missed the talents of Rico.

So tweet away!  I like our chances with Coaches Lavin and Rico.

crgreen

« Reply #1794 on: September 14, 2011, 03:19:25 AM »
All along I have been saying that it is between UCLA and us.  The tweets with SHU fans seem more aligned with recruiting a kid for HS than college. But who knows?

I figured we would win out because of Coach Lavin, his coaching staff, our NCAA-quality team with the incoming 2011 and 2012 recruiting classes, MSG,  and being close to KA's home.

However, I have gone back and watched some of KA's videos.  A man playing with boys.  There is one thing I believe KA could improve upon and that is getting his frame ready to take the pounding of the NBA.  Who better to help KA with this task than our own Rico?  Having those NBA players over to the campus lately is a testimonial to Rico's vast conditioning talents.  I think KA and his Dad have not missed the talents of Rico.

So tweet away!  I like our chances with Coaches Lavin and Rico.

I think you've left out what (as a UCLA fan) worries me most about Kyle's recruitment.    In the 2012/2013 season (Kyle's frosh season) UNC transfer and former McD All America Larry Drew II, a guy who handed out 221 assists as a soph at UNC, and who's dad is an NBA head coach will be eligible, with only one year of eligibility remaining.  He doesn't figure to sit.   And a few weeks ago, UCLA accepted the verbal of the fastest climbing PG in the top 150 ranks (from unranked to #52 in Rivals/Yahoo's list) Dominic Artis - who's been compared to Tyus Edney with a better handle and who'll be powerhouse Findley Preps pg this season - and who's in the 2012 class with Kyle.

St. Johns has no PG's on the roster (I'm counting Nuri as a Combo who can play PG), and the 2012 PG that had verballed decommitted - and as far as I can tell, Lavin isn't presently targeting ANY 2012 PG other than Kyle.

So if Kyle and his dad were serious about playing the PG spot in college - it's pretty obvious that's the opening Steve Lavin is taking advantage of.  I mean, it's no coincidence that the two former Lavin players Kyle "ran into" on the St. Johns visit were both "decade in the NBA" point guards, while at the same time the "PG runway" has been cleared for Kyle.

My guess is tho, that should Kyle go elsewhere (Westwood - please please please), Steve DOES have his eye on a developing Spring PG or maybe even another JC.

« Reply #1795 on: September 14, 2011, 08:31:15 AM »
On the same night that he had a home visit with Georgetown head coach John Thompson III, the 6-foot-8 St. Anthony point guard tweeted about potentially picking Seton Hall.

“I love everything about SHU tho being a pirate will be great tho!! I hate wen ppl tell me not to go there,”  he Tweeted.

He added: “I want to know if i dont choose SHU will i still be able to come to all the games i been going to them every year since i was 9 lol.”

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/09/14/anderson-tweets-about-being-a-pirate/#more-57799

« Reply #1796 on: September 14, 2011, 08:32:35 AM »
Who the heck is saying "Don't go to the Hall." We obviously aren't - unless non-board fans and other schools' fans are goin' off on Kyle

Someone posted a tweet on this board about a week ago, in reference to Kyle's sister not being much of a fan of the Hall or something of that nature. 

I also wouldn't be surprised, if he read the boards.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 08:35:15 AM by mjdinkins »

MCNPA

« Reply #1797 on: September 14, 2011, 08:50:21 AM »
On the same night that he had a home visit with Georgetown head coach John Thompson III, the 6-foot-8 St. Anthony point guard tweeted about potentially picking Seton Hall.

“I love everything about SHU tho being a pirate will be great tho!! I hate wen ppl tell me not to go there,”  he Tweeted.

He added: “I want to know if i dont choose SHU will i still be able to come to all the games i been going to them every year since i was 9 lol.”

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/09/14/anderson-tweets-about-being-a-pirate/#more-57799

IMO, his tweets were more about potentially NOT picking the Pirates.  He just said he doesn't like when people tell him not to go there.

« Reply #1798 on: September 14, 2011, 08:56:49 AM »

IMO, his tweets were more about potentially NOT picking the Pirates.  He just said he doesn't like when people tell him not to go there.

It amazing how much twitter has changed or impacted recruiting.

« Reply #1799 on: September 14, 2011, 08:59:18 AM »

Exactly. Kyle has a long connection to the Hall.  I totally understand why he'd be even more inclined to go if it was for 3 or 4 years. But one year? He is making a career decision - how to best prepare in 1 year for the next level, and have a great time while doing it.  A "great time" to me, Kyle, and everyone else on this board is...winning...the right way...in one year. It is in place at SJU. And as far as tweets, I say Nate Blue's tweet is dead on - SJ/SH/UCLA for all the reasons everyone has given.  It just makes sense.  Kyle isn't T Jones picking his school.  If Kyle does buck logic, I wish him the best.  Kyle and his family are pumping the hype perfectly - classy, well thought out, and getting him mentally prepared for the NBA grind to follow.