Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies
Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #1840 on: September 14, 2011, 02:39:46 PM »
You guys worry too much.... ;) ;) ;)

Hear something new to reassure us?

« Reply #1841 on: September 14, 2011, 02:40:15 PM »
If you play for Michigan you get to nail future Vice Presidential candidates. I think he should go there.

LOL   Some folks will do anything for attention and $$$$. 

« Reply #1842 on: September 14, 2011, 02:41:18 PM »
Washer women.Just thought I would add one more post to an already ridiculously long thread because it seems many of you want to set some sort of record. Good luck with that, ::)
Thx for the two bagger. But you have to mention Kyle's name in the post. lol

And on the 20th, I may send a memo out to the losing schools that they shall not use Kyle's name in vain! Jeez, all the attention will die out until he enrolls in school - he will miss it.

derk

« Reply #1843 on: September 14, 2011, 03:08:49 PM »
Imagine ( and I know nothing, just imagining) if he decides to drag this thing out till the spring. What a kick in the nuts that would be  :laugh:

« Reply #1844 on: September 14, 2011, 03:13:15 PM »
The Florida visit was very impressionable on the Anderson family. The visit was described as Billy Donovan "knocking it out of the park." He had multiple ipads for everyone in the family to see presentations and it was very well organized.

It seems like there is always something that stands out after each visit.  I don't get the sense that we "wowed" them.

The moms quotes were pretty impressive

I think Moose hit on a very good point.  KA's Mom probably has not seen many of her son's BB games.  Now he has a chance to perform for his Mom at MSG on a regular basis.  That has to mean quite a bit in the decision process.

His mom is at every single game, as is his sister, and sometimes 1 or both of his brothers will be there too. His Dad is the coach so obviously he is there.

As for my opinion. I can pretty safely say he won't go to Georgetown. I'd say that St. John's, UCLA/Florida, then Seton Hall. Two days ago I would have said St. John's, UCLA, Seton Hall, then Florida. I admit as much as I know, I've heard, and been around this ultimately I could be completely wrong.

I think everyone should be Tennessee and bad weather fans this weekend. There is still A LOT of ground to make up for Florida but it can be made up quickly if everything goes perfect.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #1845 on: September 14, 2011, 03:14:09 PM »
Imagine ( and I know nothing, just imagining) if he decides to drag this thing out till the spring. What a kick in the nuts that would be  :laugh:

He is suffocating already. It's becoming a burden.

« Reply #1846 on: September 14, 2011, 03:20:48 PM »
Cue in sound of SHU fans' brains imploding...

« Reply #1847 on: September 14, 2011, 03:45:14 PM »
I said it before and i'll say it again:  i think KA knows he's not choosing SH and it'd be a slap in the face to all those fans if he chose SJU.  I think he's UCLA bound.

can't wait for this to be all over.

ME TOO, WE HAVE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO BE CONCERNED ABOUT.  SUCH BEING, WHY THREE OF OUR TOP FRESHMAN DIDNT MAKE IT TO PICTURE DAY.  Hey if he does not choose SJU, this will be the biggest waste of a thread of all time.   :laugh:

« Reply #1848 on: September 14, 2011, 04:12:00 PM »
I said it before and i'll say it again:  i think KA knows he's not choosing SH and it'd be a slap in the face to all those fans if he chose SJU.  I think he's UCLA bound.

can't wait for this to be all over.

ME TOO, WE HAVE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO BE CONCERNED ABOUT.  SUCH BEING, WHY THREE OF OUR TOP FRESHMAN DIDNT MAKE IT TO PICTURE DAY.  Hey if he does not choose SJU, this will be the biggest waste of a thread of all time.   :laugh:
Norvel was busy getting boat shoes and a polo to be decked out (told me he's does his own thing), Amir's been busy breakin' backboards, and JaKarr, well he's..., I don't know...

« Reply #1849 on: September 14, 2011, 05:29:39 PM »
On the same night that he had a home visit with Georgetown head coach John Thompson III, the 6-foot-8 St. Anthony point guard tweeted about potentially picking Seton Hall.

“I love everything about SHU tho being a pirate will be great tho!! I hate wen ppl tell me not to go there,”  he Tweeted.

He added: “I want to know if i dont choose SHU will i still be able to come to all the games i been going to them every year since i was 9 lol.”

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/09/14/anderson-tweets-about-being-a-pirate/#more-57799

IMO, his tweets were more about potentially NOT picking the Pirates.  He just said he doesn't like when people tell him not to go there.

Exactly.  Could be one of two things.  1 being very good for the Hall or 2 being bad for the Hall.

1) He is tipping his hand saying he is leaning towards the Hall or

2) He is cleverly making sure his Hall fans understand he appreciates their support and not to be mad at him for choosing someone else...

I read it as #2, I also think that Lavin is working feverishly to get an in home before the 20th

I agree considering that KA's initial tweet was "SHU fans are hilarious on the message boards!!"

« Reply #1850 on: September 14, 2011, 07:53:01 PM »
Seton Hall fans are getting played paying $3 a head to get in at Paterson Fall League.

« Reply #1851 on: September 14, 2011, 07:56:34 PM »
Seton Hall fans are getting played paying $3 a head to get in at Paterson Fall League.

Should they be getting in for free or they are wasting their time altogether?   ;)

Poison

« Reply #1852 on: September 14, 2011, 07:58:00 PM »

Dave, there was a time when high school basketball teams had more talent than our team.

« Reply #1853 on: September 14, 2011, 07:59:10 PM »

SOrangeJuice is saying that the entire SHU basketball team is there to watch Kyle play as well.

Moose

« Reply #1854 on: September 14, 2011, 08:00:53 PM »

Dave, there was a time when high school basketball teams had more talent than our team.

Check out Fun's post on the amount of STJ players from Norm era playing overseas.  I know you meant it in jest but the players weren't the problem.  It was the coaching.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Moose

« Reply #1855 on: September 14, 2011, 08:02:01 PM »

SOrangeJuice is saying that the entire SHU basketball team is there to watch Kyle play as well.

Does he have credence?  Or is he like the other Hall poster who tried to accuse STJBasketball Twitter of retweeting a Kyle tweet.  Then backing off claiming 'it must have been deleted' when it was never done in the first place.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #1856 on: September 14, 2011, 08:02:16 PM »

Interesting.  I hope their effort is all for nothing.  This could push 'em out in front when it's all said and done.  Who knows!?! 

« Reply #1857 on: September 14, 2011, 08:10:31 PM »

Interesting.  I hope their effort is all for nothing.  This could push 'em out in front when it's all said and done.  Who knows!?! 

apparently jordan theodore is going to the game too!  wow! SH is D-E-S-P-E-R-A-T-E

« Reply #1858 on: September 14, 2011, 08:15:22 PM »
I'll give that fanbase a LOT of credit: they're a lot more inspired and motivated than our fanbase is.  I've posted many times about recruits playing in the area of the SJU campus and we're lucky to get 5 fans out to watch, nevertheless 70 fans.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #1859 on: September 14, 2011, 08:18:47 PM »
SH is D-E-S-P-E-R-A-T-E

Yes, indeed!  I just read Terry Dehere is also supposed to be in attendance.  IMO, this enters the creepy mode pmg mentioned when it came to folks roaming kids Twitter pages.  Do you agree, pmg?  LOL 

No doubt, I'd love to nab Anderson.  But, I'm glad the days are over, in which we have to go through SO MUCH to land a blue-chipper.

Hopefully, Kyle and his family can see this is all window dressing.  Bells and whistles.  He'll get the same amount of love from the Johnnies fans, if he were to end up in Queens.