Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies

crgreen

Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA
« Reply #2340 on: March 01, 2012, 11:43:49 PM »
I'm not connecting the dots either, Dave, with respect to your UCLA/Seton Hall comment, except that Anderson will likely be given free license to play PG/Point Forward for both, and both were supposedly his two favored destinations, with us third.

Won't play PG at UCLA except when Larry Drew is out of the lineup.

desco80

« Reply #2341 on: March 02, 2012, 03:12:18 PM »
I'm not connecting the dots either, Dave, with respect to your UCLA/Seton Hall comment, except that Anderson will likely be given free license to play PG/Point Forward for both, and both were supposedly his two favored destinations, with us third.

Pretty sure all the school are adidas schools (aka the three stripes)
I think thats what Dave was getting at.

That's certainly interesting.   

gman

« Reply #2342 on: March 02, 2012, 03:32:08 PM »

shabazz is Adidas guy too
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 03:32:51 PM by gman »

RedVet

« Reply #2343 on: March 03, 2012, 12:58:26 AM »

shabazz is Adidas guy too

And yet I've always seen him as a Hush Puppy kinda guy.

« Reply #2344 on: March 13, 2012, 01:52:34 PM »
Howland will be fired at the end of the year.

No he stays, just like I said he would...LOL!

Marillac

« Reply #2345 on: March 13, 2012, 04:02:48 PM »

LOL!

LJSA

« Reply #2346 on: March 13, 2012, 04:22:51 PM »

Will you at least admit you were a little nervous when the article came out? ;D

« Reply #2347 on: March 13, 2012, 04:26:32 PM »

Not after I read it...LOL!!!

He gets 1 year to turn this around or else he and probably Guerrero are going to be shown the door.  But it was not going to happen after this past year.   He has a good core and he has at least 2 high impact recruits coing in.  Both UCLA and Arizona should be good again next year.

crgreen

« Reply #2348 on: March 13, 2012, 05:54:42 PM »

He gets 1 year to turn this around or else he and probably Guerrero are going to be shown the door.  But it was not going to happen after this past year.   He has a good core and he has at least 2 high impact recruits coing in.  Both UCLA and Arizona should be good again next year.

Plus senior xfer Larry Drew will be a major upgrade at PG over the graduating Jerime Anderson.  I know a lot of folks are down on Drew.  But the 220 assists he had as a soph for the TarHeels would rank as UCLA's 2nd best assist season ever.   It would be 3rd best ever at St. Johns.   Anderson had his best season this year as a senior - 135 assists.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 05:56:06 PM by crgreen »

« Reply #2349 on: March 13, 2012, 06:11:24 PM »

Plus senior xfer Larry Drew will be a major upgrade at PG over the graduating Jerime Anderson.  I know a lot of folks are down on Drew.  But the 220 assists he had as a soph for the TarHeels would rank as UCLA's 2nd best assist season ever.   It would be 3rd best ever at St. Johns.   Anderson had his best season this year as a senior - 135 assists.

Doesnt anderson get the ball from day one?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

pmg911

« Reply #2350 on: March 14, 2012, 08:22:02 AM »
Larry Drew will be the point guard @ UCLA next season. They are going to be very good next year and if they get Shabaz, they might be pre-season Top 10

« Reply #2351 on: March 14, 2012, 08:32:20 AM »

I am not as high on Drew.  He is going to have to show me something.  To me at least at this point he is symptomatic of what has ailed UCLA recently.  This is a kid who flat quit on UNC without telling anyone.  Not saying it cannot or will not work out but I will withhold positive judgement on Drew until I see how he plays.

sju89tr

« Reply #2352 on: March 14, 2012, 09:16:45 AM »
Larry Drew will be the point guard @ UCLA next season. They are going to be very good next year and if they get Shabaz, they might be pre-season Top 10

Spoke to a friend out here who usually has good contacts, he said Shabbaz is coming to Westwood. I guess the sneaker affiliation wins out plus the kid is an LA kid who went to Vegas to play high school ball.

Moose

« Reply #2353 on: March 14, 2012, 09:21:21 AM »

Spoke to a friend out here who usually has good contacts, he said Shabbaz is coming to Westwood. I guess the sneaker affiliation wins out plus the kid is an LA kid who went to Vegas to play high school ball.

He must want a hands off coach like Howland.
I mean he has a hands on coach now.  Oh wait that's his dad haha.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Marillac

« Reply #2354 on: March 14, 2012, 10:04:45 AM »

I am not as high on Drew.  He is going to have to show me something.  To me at least at this point he is symptomatic of what has ailed UCLA recently.  This is a kid who flat quit on UNC without telling anyone.  Not saying it cannot or will not work out but I will withhold positive judgement on Drew until I see how he plays.

You pass a judgment (Aren't you a lawyer? You should probably learn to spell that word if that's the case) in your post ("To me at least at this point he is symptomatic of what has allied UCLA recently."), and then you write that you will withhold judgment on Drew until you see how he plays. 

« Reply #2355 on: March 14, 2012, 10:16:36 AM »

You pass a judgment (Aren't you a lawyer? You should probably learn to spell that word if that's the case) in your post ("To me at least at this point he is symptomatic of what has allied UCLA recently."), and then you write that you will withhold judgment on Drew until you see how he plays.

What schmuckboy?  No I am not a lawyer.  Secondly it is has 2 spellings.  3rd I said I withhold "positive" judgement.  In other words giving him the benefit of the doubt that he will be a big time player for them.  And I gave a reason.

Seriously guy, I know I have torn you to bits recently (so have about 10,000 other posters that is what happens when you give them ample fuel) but that does not give you the right to reach on criticism and try to make up things at the same time.  But whatever suits you Ryan Humphrey.

Hey what has happened to Matt Doherty after he left Mike Brey that unbelievable situation at ND anyway?

pmg911

« Reply #2357 on: March 14, 2012, 10:51:55 AM »
I think it was FOAD who pointed out a while back that the people who often point out mistakes in other's posts make mistakes themselves when making the correction.

Marillac

« Reply #2358 on: March 14, 2012, 10:59:13 AM »

What schmuckboy?  No I am not a lawyer.  Secondly it is has 2 spellings.  3rd I said I withhold "positive" judgement.  In other words giving him the benefit of the doubt that he will be a big time player for them.  And I gave a reason.

Seriously guy, I know I have torn you to bits recently (so have about 10,000 other posters that is what happens when you give them ample fuel) but that does not give you the right to reach on criticism and try to make up things at the same time.  But whatever suits you Ryan Humphrey.

Hey what has happened to Matt Doherty after he left Mike Brey that unbelievable situation at ND anyway?

I'd love to meet up before a game and see if you call me schmuck boy to my face.  You are the most intolerable poster on any of the St. John's sites.  These boards would be much easier to read if you never found your way out of the locker you got stuffed in back in high school.

You can't even admit you are wrong about judgment?  I guess there would be two ways to spell it...if you were writing back in 14th century England!

I should not have posted correcting someone's errors, because I make my share as well.  I won't pass positive judgment until I meet you, but you have all the makings of a whiny little b*tch.  You remind me of the kids who would yell something tough from their doorsteps and then run inside and lock the door.

« Reply #2359 on: March 14, 2012, 11:06:14 AM »

I'd love to meet up before a game and see if you call me schmuck boy to my face.  You are the most intolerable poster on any of the St. John's sites.  These boards would be much easier to read if you never found your way out of the locker you got stuffed in back in high school.

You can't even admit you are wrong about judgment?  I guess there would be two ways to spell it...if you were writing back in 14th century England!

I should not have posted correcting someone's errors, because I make my share as well.  I won't pass positive judgment until I meet you, but you have all the makings of a whiny little b*tch.  You remind me of the kids who would yell something tough from their doorsteps and then run inside and lock the door.

Well put especially the threat.