Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2011, 01:00:10 AM »
Why is does everyone seem to be so confident in us getting this kid? I haven't seen many sources linking us to him, and some sites don't even list us as a school he's interested in. Is it just a hunch you guys have, or is there something I don't know or am missing?

« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2011, 01:24:38 AM »
is there something I don't know or am missing?

^^^^
This

« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2011, 01:33:17 AM »
Names would have been helpful Dave :)

I don't want to spoil. Who do you need to know?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2011, 01:34:14 AM »
Why is does everyone seem to be so confident in us getting this kid? I haven't seen many sources linking us to him, and some sites don't even list us as a school he's interested in. Is it just a hunch you guys have, or is there something I don't know or am missing?

I think there is just Lavin optimism of if there is a target you want then you hit the bulls eye. However I've openly said I don't think KA is coming here but I'd love to be wrong.

gonzalo

« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2011, 03:41:39 AM »
Kyle AndersonĀ“s final stats:

14.4 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 4.2 apg, 1.7 spg, 1.5 bpg, 2.6 tpg, .516 fgp, .295 3fgp, .639 ftp

http://stanthony.powermediallc.org/download/Cumulative%20Stats.pdf

MCNPA

« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2011, 08:58:04 AM »

He said we're in his top 4.  What other sources do you need?

« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2011, 02:44:52 PM »
i think if we REALLY wanted kyle anderson we can get him he said he wants to stay local and basically we'd just be competing with seton hall if thats one of his major preferences...at this point it seems like ricardo gathers is the top target for this class as of now tho

« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2011, 03:01:29 PM »
i think if we REALLY wanted kyle anderson we can get him he said he wants to stay local and basically we'd just be competing with seton hall if thats one of his major preferences...at this point it seems like ricardo gathers is the top target for this class as of now tho

I just talked to him this weekend and he said location wasn't a big deal. He'd go anywhere to play. However I think his family would like him and encourage him to stay close to home.

Moose

« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2011, 02:57:12 PM »
http://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1215392

"[St. Johns] definitely has an edge, being that they're close to home," the #1 ranked PG in the Class of 2012 divulged after his NJ Playaz Juniors squad pulled out a pair of wins. "St. John's and Seton Hall [who also offered]."

When asked what he felt he could bring to the table for the Red Storm, Anderson gave a nod to his abilities as a floor general.

"If I choose St. John's, I definitely see myself at the point," he said. "They have some good wings coming in for the Class of 2011, so I think I can step in as a facilitator and put guys in position to score."

"I'll make my decision in October," Anderson revealed. "Before the start of my [senior] season."
Remember who broke the Slice news

kjd01067

« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2011, 03:10:46 PM »

"[St. Johns] definitely has an edge, being that they're close to home," the #1 ranked PG in the Class of 2012 divulged after his NJ Playaz Juniors squad pulled out a pair of wins. "St. John's and Seton Hall [who also offered]."

When asked what he felt he could bring to the table for the Red Storm, Anderson gave a nod to his abilities as a floor general.

"If I choose St. John's, I definitely see myself at the point," he said. "They have some good wings coming in for the Class of 2011, so I think I can step in as a facilitator and put guys in position to score."

"I'll make my decision in October," Anderson revealed. "Before the start of my [senior] season."

Interesting that he sees himself as a point guard and Jevon has already verbally committed as a pg.  I wonder if the staff sees him as a pg?  I'm not saying you can't have more than 1 point guard but it just something I found interesting.

« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2011, 03:31:03 PM »

Appreciate the article, Moose.  I know it's (the article) coming with a Johnnies slant to it, but 'ya can't help being intrigued by it.  Quite frankly, I feel if he commits early then we could be in a prime position to nab Anderson. 

Moose

« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2011, 03:34:34 PM »

Appreciate the article, Moose.  I know it's (the article) coming with a Johnnies slant to it, but 'ya can't help being intrigued by it.  Quite frankly, I feel if he commits early then we could be in a prime position to nab Anderson. 

If he verbals early doesn't Hurley advise his players NOT sign an LOI in the early sign period?  Thought I remember that for some reason.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2011, 03:45:00 PM »
If he verbals early doesn't Hurley advise his players NOT sign an LOI in the early sign period?  Thought I remember that for some reason.

Yes, Hurley doesn't allow his players to sign LOI's until the spring signing period.  That's fine.  I can deal with him signing late, as I believe he wouldn't renege.  Let's just get the verbal.  LOL 

« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2011, 03:55:57 PM »
Did Mack sign his LOI in the fall with Rutgers?

« Reply #94 on: April 25, 2011, 04:11:14 PM »
Hurley isn't running KA's recruitment KA senior is. So the early signing/late signing won't be impacted by Hurley. It's going to be a roller coaster ride with his recruitment. I'd love to have him but I don't feel confident about it.

« Reply #95 on: April 25, 2011, 05:31:11 PM »
Hurley isn't running KA's recruitment KA senior is. So the early signing/late signing won't be impacted by Hurley. It's going to be a roller coaster ride with his recruitment. I'd love to have him but I don't feel confident about it.

How come you don't feel confident?  A vibe due to the other schools whose recruiting him or just a lack of confidence?

« Reply #96 on: April 25, 2011, 06:21:48 PM »

How come you don't feel confident?  A vibe due to the other schools whose recruiting him or just a lack of confidence?

St. John's will fill the scholarships before KA makes a decision. I'm not saying its impossible but I'd say its less likely he comes to St. John's.

I really feel Rutgers is the big darkhorse in the race for KA.

« Reply #97 on: April 25, 2011, 06:32:40 PM »
St. John's will fill the scholarships before KA makes a decision. I'm not saying its impossible but I'd say its less likely he comes to St. John's.

Trust me....  The Johnnies will find a way to have a scholarship for Anderson. 

« Reply #98 on: April 25, 2011, 06:47:42 PM »
If he wants to stay local (or his parents want him to) then we've got a great chance.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #99 on: April 25, 2011, 08:59:29 PM »

Trust me....  The Johnnies will find a way to have a scholarship for Anderson. 

It's not that just too many x/y factors involved with this equation. It's complicated. I love KA and it would be great seeing him in (St. John's) red and white.