Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies

gman

Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #220 on: June 11, 2011, 12:38:32 PM »
I really want ka but don't like him dictating how a staff should use him.

MCNPA

« Reply #221 on: June 11, 2011, 12:46:50 PM »
I really want ka but don't like him dictating how a staff should use him.

It is precisely why Seton Hall is doing such a good job recruiting him per Anderson.  It's the only school on the list that is falling over themselves to let the kid do whatever he wants.  I too would like the kid on the team, but not at the detriment of the team game.  We have a LOT of talent from front to back on this team.  Too much good going on here to let one kid re-write the script of SJU basketball.  Seton Hall is the only place willing to let him do so.  If Anderson chooses UCLA, Florida, SJU etc., you can bet that Howland/Donovan/Lavin are going to be making the rules and would use him appropriately within the system.  Seton Hall needs to take a flyer because if they don't land Anderson, I don't know what type of impact players they're in the running for.

« Reply #222 on: June 11, 2011, 12:49:28 PM »
Nothing wrong with that. He knows what he wants and he works damn hard to be good at it. Coach Hurley was praising KA at camp last weekend. Spoke so highly of his work ethic, training, and even diet. He said he doesn't possess great God given athletic ability but he more than makes up for it by working harder than everyone else.

It's better that he knows what he wants and he's taking his time to find it. If kids were more diligent in the recruiting process there would be a lot less transfers.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #223 on: June 11, 2011, 12:50:29 PM »
I think Seton Hall is like St. John's a few years ago. They'll be mentioned in final lists but will never land the fish.

« Reply #224 on: June 11, 2011, 01:02:46 PM »
I think Seton Hall is like St. John's a few years ago. They'll be mentioned in final lists but will never land the fish.

I still think he lands at Hall

Moose

« Reply #225 on: June 11, 2011, 01:26:47 PM »

Exactly.  This reminds me of us and Syl for SHU.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 01:27:14 PM by Moose »
Remember who broke the Slice news

gman

« Reply #226 on: June 11, 2011, 05:18:56 PM »
I would still love to land him. I think his game is awesome. I just want kids that say they will do whatever it take, whatever is asked of them etc.

« Reply #227 on: June 11, 2011, 08:59:57 PM »
I fear Georgetown the most in the recruiting of KA.

« Reply #228 on: June 11, 2011, 09:48:12 PM »
Jay Gomes has an interview from the Rumble, see below.  Basically Kyle breaks down the 5 finalists.  He talks about SJU and how he likes Coach Lavin and the impressive class they are bringing in this year.

For SHU fans all I can say is the most telling thing that he says about them is that they are "local" and are the "hometown team."

http://njhoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1230525

« Reply #229 on: June 11, 2011, 11:47:22 PM »
I'll have to ask Jay more about this on Monday.

« Reply #230 on: June 12, 2011, 08:36:33 PM »
Kyle was MVP of the Rumble.

NYCoffey

« Reply #231 on: June 13, 2011, 11:47:25 AM »
Here is NBE's write up on Kyle this weekend.

Kyle Anderson (New Jersey Playaz 2012) – One of the nation’s most unique prospects, Kyle has been on the national radar forever it seems. Standing at a muscular 6’8”, he plays both the point guard and the wing spots for the Playaz on the offensive end. He gets into the paint at will against top level defenders and once there is able to score by making floaters and pull-ups from unusual angles. Kyle is also an excellent rebounder at both ends of the floor and a strong finisher through contact after corralling an offensive board. He has arguably the highest basketball IQ of any high school player in America, always plays under control, and is a team-first winning player. Despite splitting time between positions on this level, Kyle plans to sign with a high-major program that will allow him to run the point on the college level.

« Reply #232 on: June 13, 2011, 10:56:58 PM »
Per ESPN Recruiting....  Rumble in the Bronx recap.

Standout players

Kyle Anderson (Fairview, N.J./St. Anthony)
2012, SF, 6-foot-7, 210 pounds | Team: New Jersey Playaz
All great players understand the value of getting easy points and there's nowhere easier than the free throw line. While Anderson could still finish plays more consistently and refine his low-post game against mismatches, he does a fantastic job of using his size and versatility to draw contact and get to the stripe. The 6-7 facilitator also showed off an improved stroke from the perimeter, knocking down six 3-pointers in the Playaz's final two wins.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=6657336

NYCoffey

« Reply #233 on: June 15, 2011, 11:23:31 AM »
This is from Kyle Andersons twitter. Twitter confuses me sometimes but it sounds like he's on a visit to Georgetown

http://twitter.com/#!/kyleanderson5

Moose

« Reply #234 on: June 15, 2011, 11:31:03 AM »
This is from Kyle Andersons twitter. Twitter confuses me sometimes but it sounds like he's on a visit to Georgetown

I think the NBAP Camp is near Gtown.

« Reply #235 on: June 15, 2011, 11:52:50 AM »

It's held in Charlottesville, VA (which is about 100 miles from DC).  It seems Tyler Adams (a rising frosh for G'town) was making a recruiting pitch to Anderson per the twitter link.

Moose

« Reply #236 on: June 15, 2011, 12:00:39 PM »

It's held in Charlottesville, VA (which is about 100 miles from DC).  It seems Tyler Adams (a rising frosh for G'town) was making a recruiting pitch to Anderson per the twitter link.

Good point.  After re-reading it looks like Kyle asked Tyler what school he was at.  And he said Gtown.  To which Kyle responded "respect, respect"

crgreen

« Reply #237 on: June 18, 2011, 03:24:27 PM »
Don't know if his info is correct, but Dave Telep of ESPN has a reported a change in Kyles final 5 - UCLA out, and Villanova in.   As I (A) hate Villanove; and (B) love UCLA, I'm hoping Dave's just got the story wrong.....unless maybe Ben Howland told Kyle he wouldn't play the point for the Bruins?

http://bruinzone.com/b12/messages/19556.shtml
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 03:27:38 PM by crgreen »

« Reply #238 on: June 18, 2011, 04:32:12 PM »
Don't know if his info is correct, but Dave Telep of ESPN has a reported a change in Kyles final 5 - UCLA out, and Villanova in.   As I (A) hate Villanove; and (B) love UCLA, I'm hoping Dave's just got the story wrong.....unless maybe Ben Howland told Kyle he wouldn't play the point for the Bruins?

http://bruinzone.com/b12/messages/19556.shtml

Check out this quote.... 

Kyle Anderson (Paterson, N.J./St. Anthony) has a final five of Georgetown, Seton Hall, Villanova, St. John's and Florida. A few months ago, Anderson made it clear he hates phone calls. He told me he stopped talking to one Big East coach who was too loquacious on the phone. Hoyas coach John Thompson does a great job of keeping it short and sweet.

I wonder if that coach was Mike Rice. 

« Reply #239 on: June 18, 2011, 04:35:13 PM »
doesnt strike me as rice but I have no idea who it could be
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.