Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies
Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #320 on: July 08, 2011, 03:01:19 PM »
KA will be the starting point for SJU in 2012. Amir Garret is th best athlete in coming into the Big East and he will be the biggest surprise on this team. He is the most athletic wing in high school, just needs molding and coaching and he will be great.

I think Garrett will be terrific too, but I think he plays BEHIND  Sir Dominic.
I think you are right!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 08:14:53 PM by jumpinjohnny »

« Reply #321 on: July 08, 2011, 03:05:10 PM »
KA will be the starting point for SJU in 2012. Amir Garret is th best athlete in coming into the Big East and he will be the biggest surprise on this team. He is the most athletic wing in high school, just needs molding and coaching and he will be great.

I think you are right! ( What I tried to do )
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 08:15:18 PM by jumpinjohnny »

MCNPA

« Reply #322 on: July 08, 2011, 03:59:12 PM »

Tough call.  Garrett seems to be just as athletic, a little bit longer, better passer, with a more refined shot and handle...but, damn, Dom is an animal!  It'll be interesting.  I wonder if both of those guys would be able to knock Mo or Nuri from what many of us expect to be the starting lineup.

Dom's game is further ahead at this point and don is the one with the better handle at this point.  I have no doubt that Dom is more ready right now to produce at both ends.  That said, Amir is going to be terrific down the line and offers plenty out of the gate.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 06:31:06 PM by MCNPA »

« Reply #323 on: July 08, 2011, 06:04:43 PM »
Tough call.  Garrett seems to be just as athletic, a little bit longer, better passer, with a more refined shot and handle...but, damn, Dom is an animal!  It'll be interesting.  I wonder if both of those guys would be able to knock Mo or Nuri from what many of us expect to be the starting lineup.

Doom's game is further ahead at this point and don is the one with the better handle at this point.  I have no doubt that Dom is more ready right now to produce at both ends.  That said, Amir is going to be terrific down the line and offers plenty out of the gate.

I agree that Dom's game is further ahead at this point (on all levels other than probably passing).  Quite frankly, I still believe both Dom's and Amir's handle still needs work (Dom's handle is too loose and Amir is left-hand dominant).  Nevertheless, I look for good things from Amir at the end of the day.

Back to Anderson....   

Gumby

« Reply #324 on: July 08, 2011, 07:21:03 PM »
With KA's advanced skills already is the consensus that he will only play 1 year in college?

Poison

« Reply #325 on: July 08, 2011, 07:39:34 PM »
Something is wrong if Nuri doesn't earn the starting job.

« Reply #326 on: July 08, 2011, 08:02:50 PM »
Got to assume Nuri is a one and done. He'll be 21 at the start of next season and he'll play pro somewhere.

« Reply #327 on: July 08, 2011, 08:31:19 PM »
With KA's advanced skills already is the consensus that he will only play 1 year in college?

Not at all depends where his game is at that point and what kind if rules the NBA puts in place regarding when you can come out

Marillac

« Reply #328 on: July 09, 2011, 02:43:01 AM »

Doom's game is further ahead at this point and don is the one with the better handle at this point.  I have no doubt that Dom is more ready right now to produce at both ends.  That said, Amir is going to be terrific down the line and offers plenty out of the gate.

I agree that Dom's game is further ahead at this point (on all levels other than probably passing).  Quite frankly, I still believe both Dom's and Amir's handle still needs work (Dom's handle is too loose and Amir is left-hand dominant).  Nevertheless, I look for good things from Amir at the end of the day.

Back to Anderson....   

I'll have to disagree with you and MCN about Dom and Garrett.  It's a fun disagreement to have.  Lavin might have to just flip a coin between those two and Mo.  Dom will see plenty of the court because of his tenacity and physical attributes.  The thing I love about both Dom and Amir is that they carved out big roles on great teams.  Dom especially has played minutes on every team from QEA to USA Midwest team to the Jordan national game.   

I think Amir has the "prettier" more polished game right now for sure.  Both need a ton of work, but both have the potential to be future first round draft picks if they can fill in the holes.

As for Kyle, I really doubt he makes the leap after just one year.  He seems to be too limited physically.  Then again, I didn't think Tobias Harris would do it either.

MCNPA

« Reply #329 on: July 09, 2011, 07:03:12 AM »

Back to Anderson....   

I'll have to disagree with you and MCN about Dom and Garrett.  It's a fun disagreement to have.  Lavin might have to just flip a coin between those two and Mo.  Dom will see plenty of the court because of his tenacity and physical attributes.  The thing I love about both Dom and Amir is that they carved out big roles on great teams.  Dom especially has played minutes on every team from QEA to USA Midwest team to the Jordan national game.   

I think Amir has the "prettier" more polished game right now for sure.  Both need a ton of work, but both have the potential to be future first round draft picks if they can fill in the holes.

As for Kyle, I really doubt he makes the leap after just one year.  He seems to be too limited physically.  Then again, I didn't think Tobias Harris would do it either.

Again Marillac, I think you're off on this one.  Garrett has a long way to go offensively.  He is shaky with his handle unless he's going left.  He doesn't shoot much and defers on offense too much right now because he's not comfortable.  Dom can handle with both hands and is fantastic slicing through the lane to the hoop with this one.  Right now Dom is a more dynamic player.  Doesn't mean Amir won't catch up fast with this staff. 

Harkless is different.  He's a few inches taller.  A bit more finesse shooter.  All guys are fantastic and different.  This is a different SJU team than we have ever had, where players will come in waves and really talented ones.  I think there will be quite a few times where either Amir, Mo or Pointer will get time at SG because they are all capable.  We'll go with bigger lineups at times where we'll be 6'4"-6'10 at every position on the floor.  This team is going to be really exciting.   

« Reply #330 on: July 09, 2011, 01:28:36 PM »
Love both guys but right now got to go with majority and say Dom's game is more refined and ahead of Amir.

« Reply #331 on: July 09, 2011, 08:55:30 PM »
NBE Sports just tweeted that Kyle Anderson will decide on September 20th:

http://twitter.com/#!/NBESports/status/89846168493883392

« Reply #332 on: July 09, 2011, 09:40:04 PM »
Is there anything significant about the day "September 20th" that causes kyle to select that day for his announcement ( ie. Is it his birthday, AAU tourney).

Thanks.

« Reply #333 on: July 09, 2011, 09:56:25 PM »
His birthday apparently.

« Reply #334 on: July 09, 2011, 10:40:38 PM »
That's my daughter's birthday.  She'll be teaching Freshman English Compsition at St. John's while
working on her Ph.D.  Hopefully, he'll be one of her students.

« Reply #335 on: July 09, 2011, 11:34:20 PM »
NBE Sports just tweeted that Kyle Anderson will decide on September 20th:

http://twitter.com/#!/NBESports/status/89846168493883392

I'm sure he already has a pretty good idea where he wanna attend college (hence, the announcement date).  I feel very good about our chances.

LJSA

« Reply #336 on: July 10, 2011, 12:08:37 AM »
I'm sure he already has a pretty good idea where he wanna attend college (hence, the announcement date).  I feel very good about our chances.

I think it's us or UCLA.

Logen

« Reply #338 on: July 10, 2011, 09:19:30 AM »

I think it's us or UCLA.

I would be very surprised if he went to UCLA; just don't see him going to the left coast.

« Reply #339 on: July 10, 2011, 11:12:29 AM »

I think it's us or UCLA.

I would be very surprised if he went to UCLA; just don't see him going to the left coast.

Agree....  I see it coming down to the Johnnies, Seton Hall and the "Hated Hoyas."

« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 11:13:05 AM by mjdinkins »