Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies

LJSA

Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #380 on: July 12, 2011, 04:27:54 PM »
I absolutely think it was a dig at Lavin, but more as a "We like your program so get your ass here to see my son dominate" as opposed to a "You're off the list because you weren't here."

« Reply #381 on: July 12, 2011, 04:37:01 PM »
Also here's an article from Zagsblog.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/07/12/kyle-anderson-sweepstakes-heating-up/#more-54569

Is that a dig against Coach Lavin when Kyle Sr says " I would assume that all five head coaches that are recruiting him are here,” Kyle Anderson Sr., the Playaz coach, said after the game. “If they’re not, shame on them"   Just wondering because every other coach was in attendance.   I think Lavin is slacking a little.. might be time to dump him!

That is a joke right???

My screen name is Disco Disco.. What do you think?

« Reply #382 on: July 12, 2011, 07:46:57 PM »
I absolutely think it was a dig at Lavin, but more as a "We like your program so get your ass here to see my son dominate" as opposed to a "You're off the list because you weren't here."

It wasn't at all.  It is a 4 day event.  Lavin knows what he is doing and Kyle Sr. knows as well.

« Reply #383 on: July 12, 2011, 07:50:19 PM »

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/07/12/kyle-anderson-sweepstakes-heating-up/#more-54569

Is that a dig against Coach Lavin when Kyle Sr says " I would assume that all five head coaches that are recruiting him are here,” Kyle Anderson Sr., the Playaz coach, said after the game. “If they’re not, shame on them"   Just wondering because every other coach was in attendance.   I think Lavin is slacking a little.. might be time to dump him!

That is a joke right???

Love the handle!!!  LOL!!!

Update per CBS on Kyle.

Looks like he is going to visit later this summer.  Interesting that he says it will be official.  2 things.  1) He is so close in proximity to SJU that taking an official to SJU says something and I believe you have to be formally in your senior year before you can take officials so St. Anthony's would have had to begin by that date.

http://eye-on-college-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/view/26283066

MCNPA

« Reply #384 on: July 12, 2011, 08:09:18 PM »

That is a joke right???

Update per CBS on Kyle.

Looks like he is going to visit later this summer.  Interesting that he says it will be official.  2 things.  1) He is so close in proximity to SJU that taking an official to SJU says something and I believe you have to be formally in your senior year before you can take officials so St. Anthony's would have had to begin by that date.

What was the second thing?? ;)

« Reply #385 on: July 12, 2011, 08:12:31 PM »
Forgot to use #2 before the senior year bit.

« Reply #386 on: July 12, 2011, 08:21:52 PM »
Lavin saw Anderson play twice at Hoop Group Team Camp.

You're only allowed to have 2 members of the staff present.

Hines + Lavin

then

Hines + Chiles.

Billy Donovan was only there for 1 day as was Lavin. No members of the Georgetown or UCLA staff were present. Kevin Willard and staff were present both days.

Everyone in the building gives St. John's the edge
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

MCNPA

« Reply #387 on: July 12, 2011, 08:27:02 PM »

Hines + Lavin

then

Hines + Chiles.

Billy Donovan was only there for 1 day as was Lavin. No members of the Georgetown or UCLA staff were present. Kevin Willard and staff were present both days.

All fantastic reports from Fordham, MjDinkins and Dave.  We're certainly in the thick if not the lead it seems.

Marillac

« Reply #388 on: July 12, 2011, 09:18:12 PM »

That is a joke right???

Update per CBS on Kyle.

Lavin doesn't waste officials either.  Have we missed one kid that took an official?

« Reply #389 on: July 12, 2011, 09:19:20 PM »

Hines + Lavin

then

Hines + Chiles.

Dave you sure about the 2 coaches at a time rule?

I know I have read several times where someone like Coach K and two assistants were at LeBron watching a certain recruit. 

The only rule I am aware of is that out of the 4 total coaches allowed to go on the road recruiting (head coach plus 3 main assistants) only 3 can be on the road at one time.  But as far as I know all 3 can be at one place at the same time.

BTW-Dave good job.  From all reports Hoop Group has been a big success this summer.

MCNPA

« Reply #390 on: July 12, 2011, 09:24:28 PM »

Hines + Lavin

then

Hines + Chiles.

Dave you sure about the 2 coaches at a time rule?

I know I have read several times where someone like Coach K and two assistants were at LeBron watching a certain recruit. 

The only rule I am aware of is that out of the 4 total coaches allowed to go on the road recruiting (head coach plus 3 main assistants) only 3 can be on the road at one time.  But as far as I know all 3 can be at one place at the same time.

BTW-Dave good job.  From all reports Hoop Group has been a big success this summer.

Coach K probably gets a different rule book... ;)

MCNPA

« Reply #391 on: July 12, 2011, 09:28:26 PM »

G

That is a joke right???

Update per CBS on Kyle.

Lavin doesn't waste officials either.  Have we missed one kid that took an official?

Good question.  I don't think we have.  Only kids that have committed have gone on officials at SJU.  I'd love it if I could challenge Crgreen on this one if the same went for UCLA and if Lavin lost any that went on officials there.  Hard to track that of course, but might as well throw it out there.  He is down on all the UCLA/Lavin facts.   
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 09:30:28 PM by MCNPA »

« Reply #392 on: July 12, 2011, 09:45:06 PM »
This is per Jody Demling's blog on the Adidas Invitational from last week in Indy:

• Three-time Kansas Player of the Year Perry Ellis didn’t have the best game in the opener but rallied and played stellar in the afternoon session. UK coach John Calipari was at both games, while Duke had Mike Krzyzewski and two assistant coaches front and center for both of the games. Ellis said Duke is "coming on strong," and noted he’s likely to cut his list from seven to a smaller number in the coming weeks.

• Brannen Greene drew a huge crowd and had a big-time game in the morning for the Atlanta Celtics 16s. He had Coach K, two Louisville assistants, Roy Williams, two Duke assistants and coaches from Memphis, Virginia, South Carolina, Auburn, Ohio State, Michigan State and plenty more at the game. Rick Pitino stopped by to watch in the afternoon, along with John Calipari and two assistants and Indiana coach Tom Crean. Oh yeah, and the kid is special. He has to be one of the top 10 juniors in the country.

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/jodydemling/2011/07/07/adidas-invitational-day-one-2/

« Reply #393 on: July 12, 2011, 10:28:36 PM »

Hines + Lavin

then

Hines + Chiles.

Not true Georgetown had an assistant at Hoop Group.

A player will never drop a school from his list because they didn't show up to 1 game( never showing up or rarely showing up is different) It may be used as an excuse for dropping a school but it's never an actual reason.

Basically it seems like every school thinks they lead. And when everyone leads no one leads. The Andersons are doing a great job keeping all the info to themselves. Everyone is just guessing and speculating.

MCNPA

« Reply #394 on: July 12, 2011, 10:45:27 PM »

Hines + Lavin

then

Hines + Chiles.

Not true Georgetown had an assistant at Hoop Group.

A player will never drop a school from his list because they didn't show up to 1 game( never showing up or rarely showing up is different) It may be used as an excuse for dropping a school but it's never an actual reason.

Basically it seems like every school thinks they lead. And when everyone leads no one leads. The Andersons are doing a great job keeping all the info to themselves. Everyone is just guessing and speculating.

"Basically it seems like every school thinks they lead. And when everyone leads no one leads. The Andersons are doing a great job keeping all the info to themselves. Everyone is just guessing and speculating."

Translation:  "I know St john's leads.  He hasn't picked yet so might as well try to convince everybody the same.  The Anderson's are doing a great job by only throwing subtle hints that SJU leads.  Everyone is just getting on my nerves by saying georgetown isn't in the top two"... ;) ;D

« Reply #395 on: July 12, 2011, 11:10:54 PM »
This is per Jody Demling's blog on the Adidas Invitational from last week in Indy:

• Three-time Kansas Player of the Year Perry Ellis didn’t have the best game in the opener but rallied and played stellar in the afternoon session. UK coach John Calipari was at both games, while Duke had Mike Krzyzewski and two assistant coaches front and center for both of the games. Ellis said Duke is "coming on strong," and noted he’s likely to cut his list from seven to a smaller number in the coming weeks.

• Brannen Greene drew a huge crowd and had a big-time game in the morning for the Atlanta Celtics 16s. He had Coach K, two Louisville assistants, Roy Williams, two Duke assistants and coaches from Memphis, Virginia, South Carolina, Auburn, Ohio State, Michigan State and plenty more at the game. Rick Pitino stopped by to watch in the afternoon, along with John Calipari and two assistants and Indiana coach Tom Crean. Oh yeah, and the kid is special. He has to be one of the top 10 juniors in the country.

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/jodydemling/2011/07/07/adidas-invitational-day-one-2/

These coaches are wishing they still saw Norm sitting there

« Reply #396 on: July 12, 2011, 11:59:40 PM »

That is a joke right???

Update per CBS on Kyle.

Wow I cant think of one. Did Lebryan Nash take an official?

« Reply #397 on: July 13, 2011, 12:11:40 AM »
SH will throw the kitchen sink at this kid. I wouldn't take them lightly, especially for a NJ kid.

LJSA

« Reply #398 on: July 13, 2011, 01:04:41 AM »
Wow I cant think of one. Did Lebryan Nash take an official?

I think Nash (or his mother) indicated that he was planning on visiting, but cut us from list before it happened.

Gumby

« Reply #399 on: July 13, 2011, 01:11:57 AM »
SH will throw the kitchen sink at this kid. I wouldn't take them lightly, especially for a NJ kid.

Forgive me, but this sounds like us going after a super recruit in the Coach Roberts' days.  Just substitute NYC for NJ!

I do see some similarities between us in Coach Robert's era and SH now.

KA and his Dad want a top program now, not a maybe program.  They want to showcase KA's unique talents on the court with a first rate team and Coach.

Sorry SH!  We lived through ten years of being the runner ups for top talent, but not any more.