Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies

Marillac

Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #400 on: July 13, 2011, 01:46:42 AM »
SH will throw the kitchen sink at this kid. I wouldn't take them lightly, especially for a NJ kid.

Forgive me, but this sounds like us going after a super recruit in the Coach Roberts' days.  Just substitute NYC for NJ!

I do see some similarities between us in Coach Robert's era and SH now.

KA and his Dad want a top program now, not a maybe program.  They want to showcase KA's unique talents on the court with a first rate team and Coach.

Sorry SH!  We lived through ten years of being the runner ups for top talent, but not any more.

BINGO!!!! 

Seton Hall right now with Willard in the Anderson sweepstakes is just like Norm and St. John's in the recruitment of ______________(fill in your favorite top area recruit that went elsewhere). 

If Anderson chooses SH, he will never see an NCAA tournament game.  If he chooses St. John's he could be in the Final Four in his freshman year and on SportsCenter every night dishing to some of the most athletic freaks any college has had on a roster at one time. 

« Reply #401 on: July 13, 2011, 10:05:44 AM »
Rivals.com article.  Plans to visit Florida in September so that means he will probably have officially started his senior year at St. Anthony's thus it will probably be an official visit.  Not this line:

As for his final decision, he doesn't expect it to drag out and will make it based on some basic criteria.

"A good support system is going to be important," said Anderson. "A good history with the coach and what he's done and a good supporting cast with the team around me are things that I'll be looking at."

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1239899

« Reply #402 on: July 13, 2011, 10:16:43 AM »
Looks like Kyle put on a show this morning at Peach Jam.  Taking it right at Ledo down the stretch.

« Reply #403 on: July 13, 2011, 11:09:38 AM »
Lavin saw Anderson play twice at Hoop Group Team Camp.

You're only allowed to have 2 members of the staff present.

Hines + Lavin

then

Hines + Chiles.

Billy Donovan was only there for 1 day as was Lavin. No members of the Georgetown or UCLA staff were present. Kevin Willard and staff were present both days.

Everyone in the building gives St. John's the edge

Not true Georgetown had an assistant at Hoop Group.

A player will never drop a school from his list because they didn't show up to 1 game( never showing up or rarely showing up is different) It may be used as an excuse for dropping a school but it's never an actual reason.

Basically it seems like every school thinks they lead. And when everyone leads no one leads. The Andersons are doing a great job keeping all the info to themselves. Everyone is just guessing and speculating.

I just looked through all my photos. There was no Georgetown coach present.

A Georgetown assistant did check in at some point between July 5-10
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #404 on: July 13, 2011, 11:13:53 AM »
Looks like Kyle put on a show this morning at Peach Jam.  Taking it right at Ledo down the stretch.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Kyle did play solidly.  He hit the game winner sweeping across the lane.

« Reply #406 on: July 13, 2011, 09:52:17 PM »
I know we're all tired of trying to interpret tweets, but Moe Harkless just tweeted this

"Bigg ups to @KyleAnderson5 & @TheBeastIam21 doing they thing in peach jam... Both might end up in queens next yr too haha"

And then Kyle Anderson retweeted it (and in case you didn't know, TheBeastIam21 is Gathers)

Hmmm... 8)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 09:52:56 PM by boooooooooothe »

Marillac

« Reply #407 on: July 13, 2011, 11:22:51 PM »
I know we're all tired of trying to interpret tweets, but Moe Harkless just tweeted this

"Bigg ups to @KyleAnderson5 & @TheBeastIam21 doing they thing in peach jam... Both might end up in queens next yr too haha"

And then Kyle Anderson retweeted it (and in case you didn't know, TheBeastIam21 is Gathers)

Hmmm... 8)

Can't be a bad thing.  Mo is going to be a great recruiter for us over the next few years.  Everyone likes this kid.

I think this trio of 2012 recruits is the missing piece to championship.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 11:25:14 PM by Marillac »

boo3

« Reply #408 on: July 14, 2011, 07:11:43 AM »

Hmmm... 8)

Can't be a bad thing.  Mo is going to be a great recruiter for us over the next few years.  Everyone likes this kid.

I can't believe how far we've come in 2 years. Mind boggling.

MCNPA

« Reply #409 on: July 14, 2011, 07:33:25 AM »

Hmmm... 8)

Yeah, not even funny how Lavin transformed this program.  He pulls in recruits like nothing I've seen.

« Reply #410 on: July 14, 2011, 08:53:56 AM »
SH will throw the kitchen sink at this kid. I wouldn't take them lightly, especially for a NJ kid.

From what I heard yesterday that statement has more credence to it then you probably even know.

« Reply #411 on: July 14, 2011, 09:39:43 AM »
quote author=SJUhoopNUT link=topic=4445.msg76522#msg76522 date=1310530300]
[/quote]

From what I heard yesterday that statement has more credence to it then you probably even know.
[/quote]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Yep!  Heard Seton Hall may let Kyle drive the bus to the games.   
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 09:43:17 AM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #412 on: July 14, 2011, 12:14:33 PM »
@AdamZagoria Adam Zagoria
For the Playaz, @KyleAnderson5 had 17, 11, 10 and 2 turns in the 63-53 win over CP3
3 minutes ago via web

Looks like another triple double for Kyle.

« Reply #413 on: July 14, 2011, 12:48:12 PM »

Seton Hall has done a tremendous job recruiting him. Even though I believe it's a horrible fit I'd be more nervous about Seton Hall than Florida or Georgetown.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #414 on: July 14, 2011, 12:49:39 PM »

Hmmm... 8)

Yeah, not even funny how Lavin transformed this program.  He pulls in recruits like nothing I've seen.

Unbelievable. Not too long ago we'd kill to get guys like Dingle and Tyler Harris etc. Now it seems we dont even have a spot for them

LJSA

« Reply #415 on: July 14, 2011, 12:55:13 PM »
How much time has he spent at the point in these games as opposed to point forward? I'm really impressed with his lack of turnovers.

« Reply #416 on: July 14, 2011, 01:28:08 PM »
How much time has he spent at the point in these games as opposed to point forward? I'm really impressed with his lack of turnovers.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Anderson has played a great deal at the point at the Peach Jam.  Not exclusively, but a great deal, nonetheless.  He may not have brought the ball up the floor, on some occasions, but he may initiate the offense.  It seems the entire family has made their way down to SC.  Kyle's grandfather, who doesn't seems to be in the best health, is here.  You can clearly see family means a great deal with this kid.

« Reply #417 on: July 14, 2011, 01:32:50 PM »
MJ

Have you seen any indication that St. John's may be a positive lean for either Gathers or Anderson?

Thanks

« Reply #418 on: July 14, 2011, 01:46:22 PM »
MJ

Have you seen any indication that St. John's may be a positive lean for either Gathers or Anderson?

Thanks
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     I'll say, most certainly for Gathers.  I can't quite tell with Anderson.  A couple of people I spoke to believes the Johnnies or the Hall with G'town being next in line.  One person told me that he'd be "EXTREMELY shocked, if Kyle went to Florida or UCLA." 

« Reply #419 on: July 14, 2011, 02:07:15 PM »

Seton Hall has done a tremendous job recruiting him. Even though I believe it's a horrible fit I'd be more nervous about Seton Hall than Florida or Georgetown.

They have.  Willard is at every game.  But what I was implying was not something illegal mind you but something that they may do to sort of put them over the top.  Which would reek of desperation.