Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies

ras

Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #420 on: July 14, 2011, 02:12:37 PM »
If KA wants to be robin, who is Batman @ SHU?

« Reply #421 on: July 14, 2011, 02:18:27 PM »
SH will throw the kitchen sink at this kid. I wouldn't take them lightly, especially for a NJ kid.

From what I heard yesterday that statement has more credence to it then you probably even know.

Don't like the sound of that

LJSA

« Reply #422 on: July 14, 2011, 02:20:51 PM »

They have.  Willard is at every game.  But what I was implying was not something illegal mind you but something that they may do to sort of put them over the top.  Which would reek of desperation.

Hiring Dad as assistant coach? Or is that too extreme?

pmg911

« Reply #423 on: July 14, 2011, 02:30:06 PM »
Hiring the old man would be smart move. In the recruiting world today you do what you have to.

« Reply #424 on: July 14, 2011, 02:44:01 PM »
If they hired Kyle Sr. wouldn't that mean Kyle couldn't go to Seton Hall with that new rule?

LJSA

« Reply #425 on: July 14, 2011, 02:45:40 PM »
If they hired Kyle Sr. wouldn't that mean Kyle couldn't go to Seton Hall with that new rule?

Not if he was an actual assistant. It only applies to DOBOs, video coordinators, positions like that.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 04:16:09 PM by LJSA »

Moose

« Reply #427 on: July 14, 2011, 03:46:05 PM »
Per Dave Telep (ESPN Recruiting)....  It's on the "insider" (premium) blog.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/blog?name=telep_dave&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncb%2fblog%3fname%3dtelep_dave

Since the Kyle part is only a portion of the blog entry I think its suitable to post the contents.  If anyone disagrees my apologies in advance and feel free to delete or edit.

Around the middle of September, point forward Kyle Anderson (Paterson, N.J./St. Anthony) will make his college decision. According to his father who doubles as his travel team coach, mom is putting down her foot and encouraging her son to decide by his birthday. At this point, if Anderson knows, he hasn't told his father. He does have a big decision to make.

Georgetown, St. John's, Seton Hall, Florida and UCLA are the survivors and believe me, each is happy to be on the list. Anderson is a walking triple-double and a player who enacts winning. He's easily the most unique prospect in the senior class. The offense runs through him and he's a natural passer with exceptional floor vision.

Florida is the only school on his list he has not visited. Kyle Anderson, Sr., said his son is committed to taking an offical visit to the Gators in September and said there is no chance he'd decide without seeing the Gators' campus. His grandparents are in Florida thus revealing a natural connection to the troops out of Gainesville.

What's interesting is that each school on his list has either committed a point guard from the Class of 2012 or is recruiting one. St. John's has Jevon Thomas, Florida's got Braxton Ogbueze and Georgetown, Seton Hall and UCLA have multiple offers to point guards. Anderson has said that the presence of another point would not deter him from choosing a school and given his list, he's remained true to his word. Another point or at least combo would be needed for defensive purposes as Anderson projects to guard 4s and 3s collegiately.

Remember who broke the Slice news

Marillac

« Reply #428 on: July 14, 2011, 03:50:06 PM »
Hiring the old man would be smart move. In the recruiting world today you do what you have to.

Very smart.  I think this is the only way a school with that litte talent can land a player of KA's caliber.  Kyle wouldn't sniff an NCAA tournament with that roster.

Moose

« Reply #429 on: July 14, 2011, 04:27:49 PM »

Very smart.  I think this is the only way a school with that litte talent can land a player of KA's caliber.  Kyle wouldn't sniff an NCAA tournament with that roster.

If they did though it would go against all the recent quotes of KA needing to be Robin to Batman and going to a coach with a history and proven track record.

Not that it would be the first time a recruit and his handlers changed direction.

« Reply #430 on: July 14, 2011, 04:33:52 PM »
Here are his numbers at peach jam so far. 18.6 points, 9.2 rebounds & 7.8 Assist per game.

« Reply #431 on: July 14, 2011, 05:46:56 PM »
There is no rule against it, but wow. That is basically cheating in my book. I know his dad is involved with the Playaz, and he very well may have the credentials, but something about that just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. If that is what SH is going to resort to, then good luck. I think Willard views Anderson as his life line. If he doesn't get him, another unspectacular season or 2 and it's firing time.

I'm just happy Lavin has put us in a position where we don't have to be that desperate anymore.

« Reply #432 on: July 14, 2011, 05:49:36 PM »
There is no rule against it, but wow. That is basically cheating in my book. I know his dad is involved with the Playaz, and he very well may have the credentials, but something about that just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. If that is what SH is going to resort to, then good luck. I think Willard views Anderson as his life line. If he doesn't get him, another unspectacular season or 2 and it's firing time.

I'm just happy Lavin has put us in a position where we don't have to be that desperate anymore.

Totally agree with everything you've stated, NUT.   

MCNPA

« Reply #433 on: July 14, 2011, 06:18:17 PM »

Agree.  No reason to do desperate things.  If Willard does that, I lose a lot of respect for him.  Some say it is a smart move.  I think it is just to save his ass and hide some horrible deficiencies in his recruiting ability.  Willard screwed up a bunch of his recent recruiting scenarios, first and foremost by making it know that he was dropping Elijah Carter as a prospect.  A poor rookie move.  Carter would have been a very strong pickup for them.  We'll see what happens, but I think Willard is in over his head.  There is almost not talent coming into Seton Hall.  Brian Oliver is very nice, but that is about it.  If they bring his father in, then it just wasn't meant to be...  I don't want to play those games any more...  We don't have to.

MCNPA

« Reply #434 on: July 14, 2011, 07:29:54 PM »
To add, I was watching streaming video on on of the other threads of KA in the live Peach Jam game against Memphis.  He has some amazing attributes, but if he heads to Seton Hall he will be lost.  He has great talents, but needs guys around him who can score to the point where he really shines.  College defenses are better and it will be all that more difficult for him to do what he does without a good supporting cast. 

« Reply #435 on: July 14, 2011, 07:50:50 PM »
Kyle Anderson (Playaz Basketball Club/2012) – Anderson unique game has been well documented over the years which is bound to happen when you’re among the country’s best. He was up to his usual tricks this morning getting into the lane at will with a series of crossovers, spins, and inside out dribbles. Kyle has really improved his outside shot this spring and showed it off by going 2-2 from behind the arc and making a couple other long jumpers. Then with 20 seconds remaining and the Playaz down by a point he did what he does best, win. Anderson posted up on the left block, worked his way across the lane, hung in the air floating from left to right, and knocked down a floater with 5 seconds left on the clock to win the game.

http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2011-0714/2011-nike-eybl-peach-jam-report-part-iii/
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #436 on: July 14, 2011, 09:12:23 PM »
Hiring the father, not for me. It more than reeks of desperation and I find it abhorrent. Some may say it is a good move but I think it will backfire on Williard. 

crgreen

« Reply #437 on: July 14, 2011, 10:25:26 PM »
Hiring the father, not for me. It more than reeks of desperation and I find it abhorrent. Some may say it is a good move but I think it will backfire on Williard.

To be honest, if the kid was okay with that, I wouldn't want him.   Heck, never regained my respect for Danny Manning and Larry Brown  - - and that was even tho Larry and Eddie Manning had been TEAMMATES  and later Coach/player in the ABA....

Gumby

« Reply #438 on: July 15, 2011, 01:32:57 AM »
Lets not jump the gun too much on the rumor of SH hiring KA Sr.

I still come back to both KA and his Dad wanting the best scenario for KA to develop and be an outstanding NBA pro.

KA Sr. appears to be a very talented coach.  He knows team talent when he sees it.  I doubt he would consider SH a final four team by any stretch of his imagination. 

I also doubt he would do that to his son.  The negative press would take away from the main issue, KA's outstanding BB skills.

Coach Willard needs to copy Coach Lavin and Coach Rice more and recruit a number of talented players from around the country.

Moose

« Reply #439 on: July 15, 2011, 08:59:12 AM »

Coach Willard needs to copy Coach Lavin and Coach Rice more and recruit a number of talented players from around the country.

His incoming 7 man 2011 class is from Texas, NJ, CT, Cali, Mass, Wisconsin and the Canary Islands.