Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies

MCNPA

Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #580 on: July 29, 2011, 04:27:30 PM »
Well, we know where Dana Dingle stands. Now we just have to see whether Anderson wants to pass to Canty and Dan Dingle or to our more talented guys.

What does Dingle have to say about it anyway??  It isn't Kyle speaking.  Dana Dingle wants his son Daniel and his advisee Canty together at seton hall.  The part with repect to Kyle Anderson is conjecture.  I don't think they have 3 ships to give anyway, but I could be wrong.

Marillac

« Reply #581 on: July 29, 2011, 04:37:24 PM »
Anderson is too good to pair up with Canty at the next level. 

« Reply #582 on: July 29, 2011, 04:56:50 PM »
Well, we know where Dana Dingle stands. Now we just have to see whether Anderson wants to pass to Canty and Dan Dingle or to our more talented guys.
Desperate times call for desperate measures.  Willard has to hope to get Canty to get Kyle.  Otherwise, if Kyle wants to have an amazing team around him to dish to day and night, the Storm is the best choice.  Throw in Rico's training, and I will confidently wait with all of you.

« Reply #583 on: July 29, 2011, 05:36:35 PM »
Came across this recent video of him in Vegas, dont think it was posted yet

It was posted on the previous page. 

« Reply #584 on: July 29, 2011, 05:43:19 PM »
Came across this recent video of him in Vegas, dont think it was posted yet

It was posted on the previous page.

Thanks i'll take it down

« Reply #585 on: July 29, 2011, 09:19:01 PM »
Canty is going to prep out west. Why would he go prep out west if he is going to go to Seton Hall? Canty was dead set on going to Xavier but they backed off really quick then signed Myles Davis (who has played very well all summer). He is trying to get looks from UCLA and Arizona.

If Dana is so confident why does he split Dan and Kamari from Melvin Johnson and Kareem Canty? crazy
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #586 on: July 29, 2011, 10:34:19 PM »
Canty is going to prep out west. Why would he go prep out west if he is going to go to Seton Hall? Canty was dead set on going to Xavier but they backed off really quick then signed Myles Davis (who has played very well all summer). He is trying to get looks from UCLA and Arizona.

If Dana is so confident why does he split Dan and Kamari from Melvin Johnson and Kareem Canty? crazy

Exactly Dingle got in his ear and he re-opened.  Xavier went and signed both Myles and Semaj Christon.  Plus when he re-opened Dingle said that he thought Canty would fit in nicely at a "PAC 10 school."  And lo and behold he is going to prep at Westwind.

Bottom line is if by chance Canty goes to SHU especially prior to 9/20 Anderson will not follow.

SJU79

« Reply #587 on: July 29, 2011, 11:08:33 PM »
Just got word from a VERY VERY good person that he is as of now undecided but his current order is SJU, Gtown,SH and almost out of the picture UF and UCLA. Those who know me know I dont post unless im 99% sure so this is good news.

« Reply #588 on: July 29, 2011, 11:21:16 PM »
Just got word from a VERY VERY good person that he is as of now undecided but his current order is SJU, Gtown,SH and almost out of the picture UF and UCLA. Those who know me know I dont post unless im 99% sure so this is good news.

Yep!  You're the one who posted info on Sampson prior to his commitment to the Johnnies.  There was another situation where you had good info, but I can't recall at this moment.

Good news!  Hopefully, it holds up on September 20th. 
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 11:54:13 PM by mjdinkins »

crgreen

« Reply #589 on: July 29, 2011, 11:42:43 PM »

Couldn't have helped Ben Howlands pursuit of Anderson to have one of the Mods of Scouts UCLA board, who's also Scouts main West Coast recruiting guru relatively down on the Anderson recruitment.   Two quotes from him on Kyle:  " I don't think he's great. I think he might be a good college player, but his lack of athleticism is a concern."    And:  "He might be a good player. I just have my doubts about him being a really good to great player."

Don't know if Kyle and his dad do it, but you see more and more recruits and their families monitoring the fan boards of prospective schools for insite on schools and fanbase support.    That same UCLA board got regular contibutions from families of Darren Collison, James Keefe (McD AA who played 4 yrs for the Bruins), Tyler Honeycutt, and current players Reeves Nelson and Anthony Stover.  Heck, when 6'8 Josiah Johnson was signed by Steve Lavin in 2002, his dad even posted occasionally - Marques Johnson....

« Reply #590 on: July 29, 2011, 11:47:56 PM »

Hopefully that order stays in place until 9/20. I trust your knowledge on this but I need to hear this from Anderson's mouth. Just this year I knew a high profile top 100 player and was cool with his closest friend who every week would flip flop between telling me which school he would go to. That would be great if we are in the lead now lets just hope we stay in lead. In Lavin We Trust!

« Reply #591 on: July 30, 2011, 12:11:03 AM »
Per ESPN Recruiting....

Kyle Anderson (Fairview, N.J./St. Anthony)
2012, SF, 6-8, 210 pounds
Anderson has a special feel for the game and excellent skill, which causes major matchup problems for opposing forwards. He rebounds and leads the break where he uses his length, ballhandling and court vision to make on-target passes on the move look easy. The smooth wing can start the offense and make a play for himself or others. He has an elite basketball IQ and is very efficient.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/basketball/mens/story/_/id/6815577/melvin-johnson-highlights-desert-duel

MCNPA

« Reply #592 on: July 30, 2011, 12:41:11 AM »

Couldn't have helped Ben Howlands pursuit of Anderson to have one of the Mods of Scouts UCLA board, who's also Scouts main West Coast recruiting guru relatively down on the Anderson recruitment.   Two quotes from him on Kyle:  " I don't think he's great. I think he might be a good college player, but his lack of athleticism is a concern."    And:  "He might be a good player. I just have my doubts about him being a really good to great player."

Don't know if Kyle and his dad do it, but you see more and more recruits and their families monitoring the fan boards of prospective schools for insite on schools and fanbase support.    That same UCLA board got regular contibutions from families of Darren Collison, James Keefe (McD AA who played 4 yrs for the Bruins), Tyler Honeycutt, and current players Reeves Nelson and Anthony Stover.  Heck, when 6'8 Josiah Johnson was signed by Steve Lavin in 2002, his dad even posted occasionally - Marques Johnson....

I don't mind certainly, if ucla fans sour.  I thought the same thing about Kyle Anderson.  Bottom line though is that he is certainly a special player.  He matched up with Jabari Parker yesterday, and despite being down at the half, led his team to a win late.  He's one of those kids that while he's out there you can't figure out what he's doing that is special, but it is so nonetheless.  Larry Bird was like that too.  While Kyle is nit the shooter that Larry was to this point, he had that court savy and passing that made him special, not just his shooting.  same goes for Magic.  Kyle has some of that.  He plays against the best yet they still can't guard his skill set.  It's not like his lack of speed is being exposed to this point, and he continues to dominate vs the top competition.  Hopefully we really do lead.

« Reply #593 on: July 30, 2011, 04:42:49 PM »
You're right. You are pretty much on the money every time. Thanks and let's hope the order stays like that

« Reply #594 on: July 30, 2011, 05:43:36 PM »
Play with potentially Canty, Dingle (If They Commit), Edwin and Cosby or this years class + Gathers? Hard to imagine Seton Hall beating us for him but i've seen crazier things

« Reply #595 on: July 30, 2011, 05:57:36 PM »
Some chatter here concerning Anderson wanting to play with Amile Jefferson with signing of Gatthers seem unlikely  we will be signing Jefferson.Could our recent interest in Reinhardt be indicative of Anderson not being a lock.

Moose

« Reply #596 on: July 30, 2011, 06:04:58 PM »
Some chatter here concerning Anderson wanting to play with Amile Jefferson with signing of Gatthers seem unlikely  we will be signing Jefferson.Could our recent interest in Reinhardt be indicative of Anderson not being a lock.

Well Kyle has 5 schools and Amile is not listing any of the schools besides us.

Gathers is a brute force 4 and Amile is a twig who is more a 3 than a 4 right now.

We still could have had 3 man class of Jevon, Kyle and Ricardo so its possible and honestly at this point you can't rule anything out.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #597 on: July 30, 2011, 06:13:56 PM »

I believe the chatter was more about them being friends, if I'm correct.  I also believe the recent interest in Reinhardt isn't indicative on Anderson being here or not.  Reinhardt probably can and will play some PG wherever he ends up.  Nevertheless, Reinhardt projects more as a SG on the collegiate level.  So, I doubt that is or will be a deterrent to Anderson.

« Reply #598 on: July 30, 2011, 10:40:25 PM »
Today's commitment of Gathers can only help with KA.
Great players want to play with great players and all this team is lacking is a pure point.
We are at least 2 deep with excellent talent at every position other than pg and the position is made for KA.
We can only continue to support this exceptional young man and hope he selects SJU. We will be good to very good without KA but he could be the player that takes us to the promised land as a freshman.

gonzalo

« Reply #599 on: July 31, 2011, 03:34:39 AM »
Today's commitment of Gathers can only help with KA.
Great players want to play with great players and all this team is lacking is a pure point.
We are at least 2 deep with excellent talent at every position other than pg and the position is made for KA.
We can only continue to support this exceptional young man and hope he selects SJU. We will be good to very good without KA but he could be the player that takes us to the promised land as a freshman.

Is Kyle Anderson a pure point guard? He is listed as forward in this thread.