Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies
Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #620 on: July 31, 2011, 09:08:19 PM »
In response to Georgetown...

I've nearly been at almost everything or have had people there for Kyle's games. Right now Rico and Tony are parked in the 1st two seats underneath the basket. They are attentive watching and smiling when Kyle makes one of his plays that only he can make.

JT3 has been face down in his phone texting most of the night. Maybe he is playing a sodoku puzzle? I don't know.

To be honest all the coaches are doing a very diligent job of recruiting him. I think it comes down to where he will fit the best.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #621 on: July 31, 2011, 09:16:00 PM »

I've nearly been at almost everything or have had people there for Kyle's games. Right now Rico and Tony are parked in the 1st two seats underneath the basket. They are attentive watching and smiling when Kyle makes one of his plays that only he can make.

JT3 has been face down in his phone texting most of the night. Maybe he is playing a sodoku puzzle? I don't know.

To be honest all the coaches are doing a very diligent job of recruiting him. I think it comes down to where he will fit the best.

Dave, JTIII missed a game of Kyle's at the Peach Jam and one of his games in Phoenix a few days ago.  I'm not sweating it, but find some of those folks on those boards to be rather funny.  LOL  I've also noticed JTIII planted into his cell phone while at the Peach Jam.

« Reply #622 on: July 31, 2011, 09:27:45 PM »

Dave, JTIII missed a game of Kyle's at the Peach Jam and one of his games in Phoenix a few days ago.  I'm not sweating it, but find some of those folks on those boards to be rather funny.  LOL  I've also noticed JTIII planted into his cell phone while at the Peach Jam.

They are spitballing as if they know this means something.  They are trying to peddle conspiracy theories thinking it will matter to Kyle or his father.

It is obvious.  They are scared ****less.

MCNPA

« Reply #623 on: August 01, 2011, 02:18:57 AM »
Kyle won another MVP tonight in the end of summer classic.  Once again, we need to land this kid.  He certainly can play PG for us among other spots and would cause fits to guard.  Hopefully he picks the Redmen on September 20th.  If he does, we will virtually lock up a top 10 recruiting class once again pending a strong 3rd commitment, but Kyle is the prize.

Marillac

« Reply #624 on: August 01, 2011, 06:53:27 AM »
Kyle won another MVP tonight in the end of summer classic.  Once again, we need to land this kid.  He certainly can play PG for us among other spots and would cause fits to guard.  Hopefully he picks the Redmen on September 20th.  If he does, we will virtually lock up a top 10 recruiting class once again pending a strong 3rd commitment, but Kyle is the prize.

I am Mr. Point Guard when it comes to recruiting, but I think it's clear that Lavin is going to hand the ball to Kyle.  We're not even involved with a "true" point.  We are the only team on his list without a top 100 PG in the last two recruiting classes besides Seton Hall--which I doubt was ever a serious option for him. 

MCNPA

« Reply #625 on: August 01, 2011, 09:11:41 AM »

I am Mr. Point Guard when it comes to recruiting, but I think it's clear that Lavin is going to hand the ball to Kyle.  We're not even involved with a "true" point.  We are the only team on his list without a top 100 PG in the last two recruiting classes besides Seton Hall--which I doubt was ever a serious option for him.

I have no problem handing the ball to kyle and nuri.  We've had poor PG's for sooo long now, and guys like Boothe and Geno were far from speed demons. We also have D'Angelo who looked to me to be able to do more than an admirable job there as well as Phil Greene.  Kyle isn't a speed demon, but many pure PG's are not.  He won't be needed to be the first guy down the court on the break, just to distribute to our wing/ forwards and post guys.  I have no doubt we can hand Kyle the point and be very successful. He isn't winning these all star games for no reason.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 09:19:50 AM by MCNPA »

Marillac

« Reply #626 on: August 01, 2011, 09:18:23 AM »

I have no problem handing the ball to kyle and nuri.  We've had poor PG's for sooo long now, and guys like Boothe genocide were far from speed demons. We also have D'Angelo who looked to me to be able to do more than an admirable job there as well as Phil Greene.  Kyle isn't a speed demon, but many pure PG's are not.  He won't be needed to be the first guy down the court on the break, just to distribute to our wing/ forwards and post guys.  I have no doubt we can hand Kyle the point and be very successful. He isn't winning these all star games for no reason.

I see Harrison as more of a point than Nuri, but both should be fine with a guy like KA heading it up.  D'Angelo just seems to be more dangerous off the ball, but he's dynamic with the ball in his hands as well.  If there are times when KA is not quick enough to beat his man off the bounce, either Nuri or D'Angelo can get that done. 

« Reply #627 on: August 01, 2011, 12:52:19 PM »
Not scared at all.

I think based on the internet rumor mill St. John's is currently in the best position to land Anderson. And if Lavin can get all that young talent to work together they could be very very good. But Georgetown is going to be just fine. We brought in a great recruiting class this year and after having watched them for weeks now in summer league play I'm not worried about Georgetown's future one bit. Otto Porter is a Point Forward and was very highly ranked in the 2011(34th in the finals RSCI). Kid is going to be a star. Not getting Anderson will hurt due to how much time we spent on him and how perfect he would fit in at Georgetown. But Porter will be able to provide us with the Point Forward we need if we don't get Anderson. The two of them together would be devastating.

That being said I haven't given up hope on Georgetown landing Anderson. We've been recruiting him the longest are a perfect fit for his skill set and have a history of putting players with his skill set into the NBA. Anderson and his family will make whatever choice they think is right and we as fans will just have to accept that fact. Frankly he can't really go Wrong( unless he were to choose Seton Hall). The Anderson's are no fools. They're not going to make a decision on some minor factor they pick the school where they think Kye will flourish both at this level and the next and where they feel most comfortable with the Staff, Players, and school. Those are the factors. No one turns down a school because an assistant was at their game and not the head coach or because a school misses a few games. That may be given as an excuse and it could contribute to comfort level with a staff. But it's never going to be a real reason for eliminating a school if that's where you really want to go.

« Reply #628 on: August 01, 2011, 02:30:22 PM »
Not scared at all.

I think based on the internet rumor mill St. John's is currently in the best position to land Anderson. And if Lavin can get all that young talent to work together they could be very very good. But Georgetown is going to be just fine. We brought in a great recruiting class this year and after having watched them for weeks now in summer league play I'm not worried about Georgetown's future one bit. Otto Porter is a Point Forward and was very highly ranked in the 2011(34th in the finals RSCI). Kid is going to be a star. Not getting Anderson will hurt due to how much time we spent on him and how perfect he would fit in at Georgetown. But Porter will be able to provide us with the Point Forward we need if we don't get Anderson. The two of them together would be devastating.

That being said I haven't given up hope on Georgetown landing Anderson. We've been recruiting him the longest are a perfect fit for his skill set and have a history of putting players with his skill set into the NBA. Anderson and his family will make whatever choice they think is right and we as fans will just have to accept that fact. Frankly he can't really go Wrong( unless he were to choose Seton Hall). The Anderson's are no fools. They're not going to make a decision on some minor factor they pick the school where they think Kye will flourish both at this level and the next and where they feel most comfortable with the Staff, Players, and school. Those are the factors. No one turns down a school because an assistant was at their game and not the head coach or because a school misses a few games. That may be given as an excuse and it could contribute to comfort level with a staff. But it's never going to be a real reason for eliminating a school if that's where you really want to go.

You may not be scared, but there are fans of the Hall and G'town (mainly, Seton Hall fans), who have come up with their conspiracy agendas of late, when it comes to the Johnnies and Anderson.  It's rather funny.  LOL 

I believe G'town's future will be fine, but I've also known guys to look the part in the Kenner and then fade away once the season begins (the latest one being Henry Sims).  I think Porter will eventually be a star, as he seems to have the makings of a top notch player.  I think there are more question marks about the other incoming freshmen from G'town.

By the way, if you think Anderson and Porter would be devastating together....  Whew!  Imagine, Anderson on the floor with several of the Johnnies incoming guys (and, now Gathers in 2012).  It'll be like a buffet....  Not of the sow trough variety, either.  LOL   

I agree with you, on your latter comment, as well.  It would be more of an excuse than anything.  I'm sure Kyle and his dad have a pretty good idea what to expect from each respective school in the running.  It's all about their comfort level with the staff when it's all said and done.   

« Reply #629 on: August 02, 2011, 08:11:02 AM »
He has trimmed his college choices to five — UCLA, Seton Hall, St. John’s, Georgetown and Florida — and said he will announce his decision on his 18th birthday, Sept. 20.

"I picked those five because I want to go somewhere that wouldn’t be easy," said Anderson while sitting at Columbus Park, near his home. "I want a school that has a good history with a coach and a school that has a chance of winning. There is nothing worse than losing."

Read More:
http://www.northjersey.com/sports/hs_sports/126563968__SlowMo__ready_for_his_big-time_shot.html
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 08:11:56 AM by jumpinjohnny »
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #630 on: August 02, 2011, 08:47:43 AM »
He has trimmed his college choices to five — UCLA, Seton Hall, St. John’s, Georgetown and Florida — and said he will announce his decision on his 18th birthday, Sept. 20.

"I picked those five because I want to go somewhere that wouldn’t be easy," said Anderson while sitting at Columbus Park, near his home. "I want a school that has a good history with a coach and a school that has a chance of winning. There is nothing worse than losing."

Read More:
http://www.northjersey.com/sports/hs_sports/126563968__SlowMo__ready_for_his_big-time_shot.html

I think that summation by Anderson pretty much eliminates Willard & Co. from the discussion. I would be hard pressed to see him pick Seton Hall over the remaining competition. A look at the Hall's current roster does not augur well for somebody that is on the record as saying "nothing worse than losing".

My confidence that he will pick SJU is growing by the minute. The Thomas' decommit can't be understated...these kids talk. I believe word has gotten to Thomas that KA is likely to SJU. Here's hoping that is the case

Go get him Lav....

« Reply #631 on: August 02, 2011, 07:18:52 PM »
We can all play games of interpreting quotes and news items.

That quote sounds like Seton Hall should be eliminated to outsiders.

But he's saying they're one of the 5 because he can see them winning and he trusts in their tradition and coach. Otherwise they wouldn't be on the list.

Tony Parker Just added Georgetown to his list yesterday after having basically cut it down to a final 3 of Duke, Ohio St, and Memphis. He's good friends with Kyle. Clearly he heard Kyle is going to Georgetown and wants to play with his friend and that's why Parker is interested in us.  :)

St. John's and Georgetown are both in very good position to land Kyle. The other schools have a good shot as well. We won't know until he announces. Until then it's all hearsay and speculation.

« Reply #632 on: August 02, 2011, 07:35:24 PM »
But he's saying they're one of the 5 because he can see them winning and he trusts in their tradition and coach. Otherwise they wouldn't be on the list.

Maybe so, but there is a such thing as coachspeak.  I wouldn't doubt there is something similiar to "coachspeak" going on here.

By the way, are you Hoya1987?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 07:36:15 PM by mjdinkins »

Gumby

« Reply #633 on: August 02, 2011, 08:03:05 PM »
There are many versions of "winning".   One could be going "winning" at 18-17 and being a mid seed in the NIT.  Another could be "winning" the NCAA title.  Decisions, decisions!

gman

« Reply #634 on: August 02, 2011, 08:27:58 PM »
There are many versions of "winning".   One could be going "winning" at 18-17 and being a mid seed in the NIT.  Another could be "winning" the NCAA title.  Decisions, decisions!

Maybe he means winning like Charlie Sheen winning.  I can't wait for his announcement date.  I hate reading into all these quotes.

« Reply #635 on: August 02, 2011, 08:42:46 PM »

Maybe he means winning like Charlie Sheen winning.  I can't wait for his announcement date.  I hate reading into all these quotes.
Winning like charlie Sheen winning?  Then Kyle will have to verbal and decommit 3 times! lol And then get kicked off his team!

« Reply #636 on: August 02, 2011, 09:58:48 PM »
Rivals.com story on Kyle.

Interview mentions the Thomas decommitment and Gathers commitment but Kyle is not tipping his hand:

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1246818

MCNPA

« Reply #637 on: August 02, 2011, 10:13:01 PM »

Interview mentions the Thomas decommitment and Gathers commitment but Kyle is not tipping his hand:

At least some of the recruiting process is still fun.  Let Anderson enjoy his time before his commitment.  As long as he commits to SJU... ;)

« Reply #638 on: August 02, 2011, 11:45:34 PM »
I know I said this in the Thomas thread, I don't think it's coincidince that Thomas recinded his verbal. I am betting that Kyle is going to be wearing Red in the Fall of 2012.

« Reply #639 on: August 02, 2011, 11:46:45 PM »

At least some of the recruiting process is still fun.  Let Anderson enjoy his time before his commitment.  As long as he commits to SJU... ;)

Let's hope not. Let's hope he commits to STJ. LOL  ;)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 11:47:44 PM by Johnny4Life »