Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies

Marillac

Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #740 on: August 10, 2011, 03:17:27 PM »
Sweltering down here in Florida today.  The humidity is absurd.

« Reply #741 on: August 10, 2011, 11:10:24 PM »
Have you ever been to Tallahassee? It would be like putting a 50,000 student BCS School in the middle of downtown Albany.  The football team has a state of the art on campus stadium and the basketball team gets shuttled off campus to the city owned and operated Tallahassee- Leon County Civic Center which makes the Pepsi Arena in Albany look like MSG.  Except for the Duke game, there are usually a few thousand diehards in attendance. I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss Florida.  While basketball is certainly the second sport on campus and the O’Connell Center has some age on it, they’ve done a great job of keeping it updated.  It’s a terrific place to watch a game and it’s usually packed.  Billy’s not a volume recruiter and has a pretty good track record getting his top target. Let’s hope not in this case.

LJSA

« Reply #742 on: August 11, 2011, 12:18:12 AM »
If for no other reason, I don't want Florida to get him because all of Norm's relatives who polluted Redmen.com/JJ right up until his firing will emerge from the woodwork to say that we made a mistake by dismissing him.

« Reply #743 on: August 11, 2011, 12:52:39 AM »
If for no other reason, I don't want Florida to get him because all of Norm's relatives who polluted Redmen.com/JJ right up until his firing will emerge from the woodwork to say that we made a mistake by dismissing him.

The only mistake that the school made was hiring this guy to begin with.  The guy lost everywhere he coached.  He deceived the school admin, the athletic department, the students amd the alumni to believe that he actually knew what he was doing.

« Reply #744 on: August 11, 2011, 07:25:00 AM »

The only mistake that the school made was hiring this guy to begin with.  The guy lost everywhere he coached.  He deceived the school admin, the athletic department, the students amd the alumni to believe that he actually knew what he was doing.

We have a great coach now.  Let's move on .

« Reply #745 on: August 11, 2011, 08:11:10 AM »
Have you ever been to Tallahassee? It would be like putting a 50,000 student BCS School in the middle of downtown Albany.  The football team has a state of the art on campus stadium and the basketball team gets shuttled off campus to the city owned and operated Tallahassee- Leon County Civic Center which makes the Pepsi Arena in Albany look like MSG.  Except for the Duke game, there are usually a few thousand diehards in attendance. I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss Florida.  While basketball is certainly the second sport on campus and the O’Connell Center has some age on it, they’ve done a great job of keeping it updated.  It’s a terrific place to watch a game and it’s usually packed.  Billy’s not a volume recruiter and has a pretty good track record getting his top target. Let’s hope not in this case.

Tallahassee?  You mean Gainesville.  FSU is in Tallahassee.

kob24

« Reply #746 on: August 11, 2011, 08:19:22 AM »
HI REALFAN

Poison

« Reply #747 on: August 11, 2011, 08:25:13 AM »
Disco, that's not true, he didn't deceive anyone. Everyone knew he sucked.
Hopefully, he'll recognize that this isn't the right profession for him and he'll just leave.

Moose

« Reply #748 on: August 11, 2011, 08:35:52 AM »
Hopefully, he'll recognize that this isn't the right profession for him and he'll just leave.

Let it go already.
He's in the right profession.  An assistant coach.  He's done very well in that role.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #749 on: August 11, 2011, 08:46:51 AM »

Let it go already.
He's in the right profession.  An assistant coach.  He's done very well in that role.

Yep!  He's gone and we've moved on.  Some guys just do not make good coaches, but they are fine in the role of an assistant.

Things seem to be looking up for our program and some of y'all shouldn't allow post-Roberts to steal your thunder.  Uncle Mo looks pretty good right now. 

« Reply #750 on: August 11, 2011, 09:04:34 AM »

Let it go already.

Exactly.  The man has the right to earn a living.  Some people hate Norm more than Jarvis.  I don't get it.. We have a great coach now.  Let's look forward to some great times.

Marillac

« Reply #751 on: August 11, 2011, 09:26:06 AM »

Let it go already.

Easier said than done.  Just hearing his name puts me in a bad mood. 

MCNPA

« Reply #752 on: August 11, 2011, 09:26:45 AM »
Norm conducted himself in a classy manner and worked his tail off.  Nothing to sneer at there.  I never cared for his excuses and I still don't care for his claiming his part in last year's success, but can't say he didn't try to get this thing moving.  He was just not capable.   To be fair, I can count on one hand the guys that can recruit like Lavin, and recruiting is the name of the game.  Not fair to use Lavin as any sort of comparison.  Lavin is a monster at bringing in players and consistently brings teams to the tourney.

Moose

« Reply #753 on: August 11, 2011, 09:32:37 AM »

Let it go already.

Not worse than Jarvis.  He devastated this program.  I thank Norm for giving Lavin so many scholarships actually.

crgreen

« Reply #754 on: August 11, 2011, 09:38:08 AM »

Let it go already.

And for the talent to reach the NCAA's in 2011?   SOMEONE delivered Hardy to Queens...

Not worse than Jarvis.  He devastated this program.  I thank Norm for giving Lavin so many scholarships actually.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #755 on: August 11, 2011, 11:11:26 AM »
Anyone have any news on how his visit to UCLA went?

« Reply #756 on: August 11, 2011, 11:14:50 AM »
Have you ever been to Tallahassee? It would be like putting a 50,000 student BCS School in the middle of downtown Albany.  The football team has a state of the art on campus stadium and the basketball team gets shuttled off campus to the city owned and operated Tallahassee- Leon County Civic Center which makes the Pepsi Arena in Albany look like MSG.  Except for the Duke game, there are usually a few thousand diehards in attendance. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Florida.  While basketball is certainly the second sport on campus and the O’Connell Center has some age on it, they've done a great job of keeping it updated.  It's a terrific place to watch a game and it's usually packed.  Billy's not a volume recruiter and has a pretty good track record getting his top target. Let's hope not in this case.

I know. I was actually trying to respond to bball purists comment that he would have picked FSU over Florida and it showed up as a separate post. Sorry for the confusion.

« Reply #757 on: August 11, 2011, 12:41:22 PM »

Let it go already.

Agree.  Some of you younger posters can brush it off like its no big deal.  For some of us older ones, the man took away 7 years of our basketball following lives. thats allot for us. But then again, it was not Norm's fault that he was here so long, it was the administration.  The writing was clearly on the wall whn Norm lost to St. Francis on Looie's night with 4 of St. Francis' top 5 players were suspended, what an abomination.

« Reply #758 on: August 11, 2011, 12:43:28 PM »

Let it go already.

Maybe so, but only a dope would put a school in a position where a coach would have to bring in 10 schollie players.

Moose

« Reply #759 on: August 11, 2011, 01:07:01 PM »

Let it go already.

Agree.  Some of you younger posters can brush it off like its no big deal.  For some of us older ones, the man took away 7 years of our basketball following lives. thats allot for us. But then again, it was not Norm's fault that he was here so long, it was the administration.  The writing was clearly on the wall whn Norm lost to St. Francis on Looie's night with 4 of St. Francis' top 5 players were suspended, what an abomination.

They were suspended or just not eligible?  Never heard that prior to you mentioning it. 
Does it really matter.  The one guard had half their points that night.  It was one man show.  The other 4 guys on the court were meaningless.