Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies

Moose

Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #760 on: August 11, 2011, 01:09:59 PM »
Disco, that's not true, he didn't deceive anyone. Everyone knew he sucked.
Hopefully, he'll recognize that this isn't the right profession for him and he'll just leave.

Let it go already.
He's in the right profession.  An assistant coach.  He's done very well in that role.

Easier said than done.  Just hearing his name puts me in a bad mood. 

Not worse than Jarvis.  He devastated this program.  I thank Norm for giving Lavin so many scholarships actually.

Maybe so, but only a dope would put a school in a position where a coach would have to bring in 10 schollie players.

He was trying to save his job.  If your back is against the wall usually ppl react by trying harder.  He reached adding two more JUCOs to the class in hopes they would win.  Thankfully admin realized him replacing all the players would have been an utter disaster.  I can't and won't fault him for loading up that last class.

This reminds me of ppl who criticize athletes for signing big contracts.  If you are offered a contract your not gonna say no.  Its a great opportunity.  You take the job or sign the contract and try your best.  If you fail, you fail but anyone who says they wouldnt sign a big contract or wouldnt take the STJ job if offered is nuts.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Wods317

« Reply #761 on: August 11, 2011, 01:25:06 PM »
Can we keep the thread about KA and not about how terrible Norm was because we all already know that. Let's talk about this kid and not about someone we have moved on from.

Moose

« Reply #762 on: August 11, 2011, 01:44:27 PM »
Can we keep the thread about KA and not about how terrible Norm was because we all already know that. Let's talk about this kid and not about someone we have moved on from.

I'm all for keeping threads focused but when someone brings up a point, can a discussion not be had?  Especially when some of the comments and thoughts are disputed?

« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 06:04:22 PM by mjdinkins »

MCNPA

« Reply #764 on: August 11, 2011, 06:14:48 PM »
MJ, the kid looks great.  He'd be unbelievable with the forwards and guard we already have here.   More than anything, I like how he has developed his jumper and keeps the ball high.  With his lack of great speed, he will need his jumper to be dangerous at the college level.  It's real smooth now and he takes care squaring it up.  Hard for smaller guards to stop that.  He protects the ball real well too.  Smaller guards looking to steal the ball will find themselves in trouble if they over-commit an he can shield with his body.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 06:20:09 PM by MCNPA »

« Reply #765 on: August 11, 2011, 06:17:49 PM »
Have you ever been to Tallahassee? It would be like putting a 50,000 student BCS School in the middle of downtown Albany.  The football team has a state of the art on campus stadium and the basketball team gets shuttled off campus to the city owned and operated Tallahassee- Leon County Civic Center which makes the Pepsi Arena in Albany look like MSG.  Except for the Duke game, there are usually a few thousand diehards in attendance. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Florida.  While basketball is certainly the second sport on campus and the O’Connell Center has some age on it, they've done a great job of keeping it updated.  It's a terrific place to watch a game and it's usually packed.  Billy's not a volume recruiter and has a pretty good track record getting his top target. Let's hope not in this case.

Tallahassee?  You mean Gainesville.  FSU is in Tallahassee.
Have you ever been to Tallahassee? It would be like putting a 50,000 student BCS School in the middle of downtown Albany.  The football team has a state of the art on campus stadium and the basketball team gets shuttled off campus to the city owned and operated Tallahassee- Leon County Civic Center which makes the Pepsi Arena in Albany look like MSG.  Except for the Duke game, there are usually a few thousand diehards in attendance. I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss Florida.  While basketball is certainly the second sport on campus and the O’Connell Center has some age on it, they’ve done a great job of keeping it updated.  It’s a terrific place to watch a game and it’s usually packed.  Billy’s not a volume recruiter and has a pretty good track record getting his top target. Let’s hope not in this case.

Tallahassee?  You mean Gainesville.  FSU is in Tallahassee.
I know. I was actually trying to respond to bball purists comment that he would have picked FSU over Florida and it showed up as a separate post. Sorry for the confusion.
No, never in Talahassee.  Actually, I didn't elaborate on what I was trying to say - Talahassee is much closer to the gulf to get to the water with all the heat and humidity down there.  And I was taking a little jab at Gainesville, Florida, and UF.  Florida bball wouldn't be squat without Billy.  I know what a great coach he is, and will not underestimate his recruiting abilities, especially at getting targeted players. You make good points. This is a good matchup - Lavs vs. Billy - both high percentage success rates with recruits. I happen to think Lavs and staff have more to offer for the future of a player, whether playing in the NBA or overseas. 

But yes, let's not hope KA thinks UF is the answer.   

« Reply #766 on: August 11, 2011, 06:19:59 PM »
MJ, the kid looks great.  He'd be unbelievable with the forwards and guard we already have here.

A damn, good looking vid, MCN.   ;)     Although, I've seen him enough times to know he's the goods.  Anderson with our forwards and guards would be filthy.  Ned the Wino filthy.  LOL   

« Reply #767 on: August 11, 2011, 06:25:33 PM »
MJ, the kid looks great.  He'd be unbelievable with the forwards and guard we already have here.

A damn, good looking vid, MCN.   ;)     Although, I've seen him enough times to know he's the goods.  Anderson with our forwards and guards would be filthy.  Ned the Wino filthy.  LOL
Mismatches all over the floor - wow...fingers crossed.

« Reply #768 on: August 12, 2011, 07:43:57 AM »
I aint much fo highlight mixes, but just glad y'all are finally seein some of his handle.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

MCNPA

« Reply #769 on: August 12, 2011, 07:57:34 AM »
I aint much fo highlight mixes, but just glad y'all are finally seein some of his handle.

Yeah, I wasn't a believer at first.  As I've watched more of him I really love what I see.  It's his steadiness I like, not even just his handle.  He's called slo-mo, but a lot of what he does is based on the fact that he's ultra-controlled.  Even watching him take a jumper makes me realize that he rarely does things to get him in trouble.  Watching him play reminds me of the movie The Matrix.  He looks slow at times but he performs like he's "in the matrix" and he ends up being very effective.  Forget Slo-Mo.  I'll go with Kyle "The Matrix" Anderson... ;)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 08:00:43 AM by MCNPA »

« Reply #770 on: August 12, 2011, 08:04:52 AM »
Trying to think of a good nickname for him.  Slow Death came to mind but I think I prefer K Smooth...

MCNPA

« Reply #771 on: August 12, 2011, 08:07:43 AM »
Trying to think of a good nickname for him.  Slow Death came to mind but I think I prefer K Smooth...

K smooth...  Nice nickname if he's a 70's R&B singer... ;D

« Reply #772 on: August 12, 2011, 10:28:31 AM »
I nominate "Ether" - that s--t that make your soul burn slow.

« Reply #773 on: August 12, 2011, 10:37:49 AM »
Smoove Operator

« Reply #774 on: August 12, 2011, 10:46:33 AM »

Does he need to tighten up the handle? Looks like he brings up to high?

derk

« Reply #775 on: August 12, 2011, 11:03:30 AM »

Dink,

Nice step back, fast enough, and long.

Moose

« Reply #776 on: August 12, 2011, 11:42:26 AM »

Well he's 6'9.  Should he bend over and get a hernia dribbling low the ground and taking away his biggest asset, his height?

kob24

« Reply #777 on: August 12, 2011, 12:14:28 PM »
kyle anderson tighten up his handle?thats like asking should jordan do some calf raises to improve his vertical

Wods317

« Reply #778 on: August 12, 2011, 12:27:18 PM »
He has a nice array of moves from just watching that video. His game is different but he reminds me of Dirk with some of those shots and how he uses his body very well to get to the lane. Kid looks lethal, his game is so smooth. It would be great to watch this kid play at SJU for a couple of years.

« Reply #779 on: August 12, 2011, 12:45:34 PM »

Well he's 6'9.  Should he bend over and get a hernia dribbling low the ground and taking away his biggest asset, his height?

Yes I know hes 6'9. He might have some problems with that crossover at the college level, the smaller,quicker guards will be swiping at the ball. If he plays the point, he may have to back the ball up the court like Magics Johnson