Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies
Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #800 on: August 14, 2011, 01:59:29 PM »
Per Zags.... 

Anderson is due to announce Sept. 20 for Seton Hall, St. John’s, Georgetown, Florida or UCLA.

If this performance was any indication, he certainly enjoys playing under the spotlight in the Big Apple.

“Yeah, I love it,” he said.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/08/14/anderson-calhoun-lead-team-nyc-over-team-usa/

« Reply #801 on: August 14, 2011, 08:22:29 PM »
Man, you want to play in Newark or on Broadway?

MCNPA

« Reply #802 on: August 14, 2011, 09:02:21 PM »

« Reply #803 on: August 14, 2011, 09:13:15 PM »
Jevon Thomas thinks Kyle Anderson will end up at St. John's:

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/08/14/jevon-thomas-thinks-kyle-anderson-will-land-at-st-johns/

Although, it might just be talk from Thomas....  These kids do talk.  Anderson has been keeping things close to the vest, but he might've tossed out a hint towards Thomas.

We will certainly find out, if Jevon's belief will come to fruition in about 5 weeks.

MCNPA

« Reply #804 on: August 14, 2011, 09:24:01 PM »

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/08/14/jevon-thomas-thinks-kyle-anderson-will-land-at-st-johns/

Although, it might just be talk from Thomas....  These kids do talk.  Anderson has been keeping things close to the vest, but he might've tossed out a hint towards Thomas.

We will certainly find out, if Jevon's belief will come to fruition in about 5 weeks.

They did just play together yesterday.  :)  Sounds like a kid though that still likes SJU and hopes that SJU re-recruits him.  I think he knows that Kyle Anderson is the main priority and I don't doubt that he de-commit had something to do with that.  Hope he finds the best opportunity for himself.  Sounds more mature in this article than I thought and wouldn't mind SJU giving him another shot at it.  His honesty is refreshing.

« Reply #805 on: August 14, 2011, 09:32:52 PM »

They did just play together yesterday.  :)  Sounds like a kid though that still likes SJU and hopes that SJU re-recruits him.  I think he knows that Kyle Anderson is the main priority and I don't doubt that he de-commit had something to do with that.  Hope he finds the best opportunity for himself.  Sounds more mature in this article than I thought and wouldn't mind SJU giving him another shot at it.  His honesty is refreshing.

Yes, they did both play together on yesterday.  I also don't doubt that Kyle being the #1 priority for the staff might've caused him to decommit.  There still could be a jersey for Thomas, if he wanna be--IMO--part of something special.  Unfortunately, he might've placed himself in a position, in which the staff may have moved on. 

I agree....  I, appreciated his honesty in this piece.  Maybe, he and Kyle talked about possibly playing together in 2012.

Hmmmmmmm....  LOL   ;)

MCNPA

« Reply #806 on: August 14, 2011, 09:43:07 PM »
I think you have similar thoughts that I do on it MJ...  I don't know whether there will be a ship there for him, but I'm thinking he hopes he does.  I think he's a good pure PG.  He will just be in a position where he might not be a starter right now.  Not sure what is in the cards for Jevon until after we hear about Anderson.  Can't see it as anything but good news for SJU either way.  Gotta just wait to see what Anderson does.  I feel good about it although so do UCLA, Seton Hall, Florida and Georgetown fans.  Regardless I still feel good about it.

Moose

« Reply #807 on: August 14, 2011, 09:46:40 PM »

I know he mentioned STJ possibly going after him after their focus (Kyle) commits but honestly I don't think this kid wants to come to STJ.  He's also brutally honest about maybe home isn't the best place for him.
Remember who broke the Slice news

MCNPA

« Reply #808 on: August 14, 2011, 09:52:31 PM »

I know he mentioned STJ possibly going after him after their focus (Kyle) commits but honestly I don't think this kid wants to come to STJ.  He's also brutally honest about maybe home isn't the best place for him.

Maybe you're right.  Hard to say.  Seemed like he was a bit spurned as well, but he doesn't seem upset about it.  Either way, think he's a good player and under recruited.   

mkras99

« Reply #809 on: August 14, 2011, 09:55:35 PM »
Is there anything Zags won't report?  Looks so desperate.

Moose

« Reply #810 on: August 14, 2011, 09:59:17 PM »

????
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #811 on: August 14, 2011, 10:11:14 PM »
Where exactly does Jevon say he expects KA to land here?

"Jevon Thomas may not know anything more than the rest of us.

But the onetime St. John’s commit sounds like he expects Kyle Anderson to land at St. John’s.

“Their main focus right now is Kyle,” Thomas said early Sunday morning after he and Anderson teamed up to lead Team New York over Team USA, 146-138, in the inaugural Franchise Classic at the South Bronx Jobs Corps.

“So maybe after they get Kyle, they’ll come hard at me and then maybe I’ll revisit it.”

I'd love for it to be true but sounds more of a theoretical sitiuation rather then him thinking Anderson will come here

« Reply #812 on: August 14, 2011, 10:44:04 PM »
Disco, that's not true, he didn't deceive anyone. Everyone knew he sucked.
Hopefully, he'll recognize that this isn't the right profession for him and he'll just leave.

Let it go already.
He's in the right profession.  An assistant coach.  He's done very well in that role.

Easier said than done.  Just hearing his name puts me in a bad mood. 

Not worse than Jarvis.  He devastated this program.  I thank Norm for giving Lavin so many scholarships actually.

Maybe so, but only a dope would put a school in a position where a coach would have to bring in 10 schollie players.

He was trying to save his job.  If your back is against the wall usually ppl react by trying harder.  He reached adding two more JUCOs to the class in hopes they would win.  Thankfully admin realized him replacing all the players would have been an utter disaster.  I can't and won't fault him for loading up that last class.

This reminds me of ppl who criticize athletes for signing big contracts.  If you are offered a contract your not gonna say no.  Its a great opportunity.  You take the job or sign the contract and try your best.  If you fail, you fail but anyone who says they wouldnt sign a big contract or wouldnt take the STJ job if offered is nuts.

In terms of what he did with the JUCOS....... Hardy and Brownlee..... he under-played them and often benched them.  Look, Norm tried but he didnt have a clue...PERIOD!

« Reply #813 on: August 14, 2011, 11:00:38 PM »

????

It's kind of a cheesy post. Also I hate the way he sprinkles in quotes from weeks ago in there making it appear they occurred at the same time.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

MCNPA

« Reply #814 on: August 14, 2011, 11:01:26 PM »
Hey, not a fan of Zagoria either.  Just figured it was worth posting.

« Reply #815 on: August 14, 2011, 11:15:15 PM »
I thought Mkras was referring to Zags captivating article on his " Ultimate " Summer League Championship

Marillac

« Reply #816 on: August 15, 2011, 09:42:40 PM »

????

It's kind of a cheesy post. Also I hate the way he sprinkles in quotes from weeks ago in there making it appear they occurred at the same time.

That is a Zag's specialty.  Remember the Lance Stephenson saga?  You'd be lucky to find one new quote each Zags update.

SJU79

« Reply #817 on: August 15, 2011, 10:22:26 PM »
Forget Zags, pathetic. But heres the updated scoop...UCLA, UF and Georgetown are OUT!!!! SJU is the CLEAR leader but their is a family member(not pops) who still favors the Hall. But from what I understand sleep well SJU fans cause its a 99% done deal.

« Reply #818 on: August 15, 2011, 10:31:17 PM »
 :o :o :o :)

« Reply #819 on: August 15, 2011, 10:32:24 PM »
Forget Zags, pathetic. But heres the updated scoop...UCLA, UF and Georgetown are OUT!!!! SJU is the CLEAR leader but their is a family member(not pops) who still favors the Hall. But from what I understand sleep well SJU fans cause its a 99% done deal.
Awesome news !! Especially Gtown and I was getting nervous with a Florida visit.Thanks. Fingers crossed