Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies

crgreen

Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #980 on: August 24, 2011, 08:56:00 PM »
Per reports out of UCLA, Kyle was back at UCLA mens gym for the 2nd day in a row playing pickup ball - other playing included Russell Westbrook, Arron Afflalo, Andre Miller, and Shabazz Mohammad.    And Ron Artest.

MCNPA

« Reply #981 on: August 24, 2011, 09:01:47 PM »
Per reports out of UCLA, Kyle was back at UCLA mens gym for the 2nd day in a row playing pickup ball - other playing included Russell Westbrook, Arron Afflalo, Andre Miller, and Shabazz Mohammad.    And Ron Artest.

We know you want him to go to UCLA. :)

NYCoffey

« Reply #982 on: August 24, 2011, 09:07:43 PM »
At least Ron's there to keep him straight.

crgreen

« Reply #983 on: August 24, 2011, 09:11:28 PM »

We know you want him to go to UCLA. :)
  Let's just say its a win/win for me if his final 2 really ARE  St. Johns and UCLA  :)

boo3

« Reply #984 on: August 24, 2011, 09:18:40 PM »
  I'll be shocked if he's not wearing Red and White.   

« Reply #985 on: August 24, 2011, 09:20:55 PM »
At least Ron's there to keep him straight.

He might've been keeping Ron straight.  LOL  Although, it was good to know Ron was in attendance.  Nevertheless, I'm not bothered by Kyle playing pick up ball at UCLA.  I'm sure it's a good spot to get in a few games with some solid players.

Just four more weeks.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 09:21:24 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #986 on: August 24, 2011, 09:28:28 PM »
KA's dad is smart enough to see through all the "noise".  kobe could show up and it wouldn't matter.

crgreen

« Reply #987 on: August 24, 2011, 11:06:58 PM »
KA's dad is smart enough to see through all the "noise".  kobe could show up and it wouldn't matter.

Kobe show up?  If he plays for SJU, he'll be using Carmelo and Amare's locker room for home games....

Moose

« Reply #988 on: August 24, 2011, 11:50:12 PM »

Kobe show up?  If he plays for SJU, he'll be using Carmelo and Amare's locker room for home games....

Speaking of that where is UCLA playing its home games next year in front of its sleeping fans?
Remember who broke the Slice news

NYCoffey

« Reply #989 on: August 25, 2011, 12:10:51 PM »
I think those pick up games last night that Kyle was playing in were tied into the elite 24. They have games with the high school kids vs' pros every year. This twitter feed gives you updates as it went on.

http://twitter.com/#!/DraftExpress

« Reply #990 on: August 25, 2011, 12:13:59 PM »
I think those pick up games last night that Kyle was playing in were tied into the elite 24. They have games with the high school kids vs' pros every year. This twitter feed gives you updates as it went on.

Those games were tied in with the Elite 24, Coffey.  I, recently read the same thing.  I could be wrong, but the games might've been played at Southern Cal.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 12:17:13 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #991 on: August 25, 2011, 12:18:51 PM »

Those games were tied in with the Elite 24, Coffey.  I, recently read the same thing.  I could be wrong, but the games might've been played at Southern Cal.

in one of KA's tweets yesterday he said he was heading to USC.  So don't think the pickup games were at UCLA

« Reply #992 on: August 25, 2011, 01:11:33 PM »
I'm "surprised" our resident rival never commented on yesterday's tweet.   ;)

I'm surprised no one commented on this chat from Dave Telep yesterday:
"Kyle Anderson. Wow, there are some theories working on that one. There's the "family in Florida" theory. There's the close to home theory with SJU and SHU. There's the "fits best with Georgetown" theory and then there's the "he'll go with Shabazz to UCLA" theory. Me, I can't call it. Kyle's been private about the whole deal. He'll announce on Sept. 20 I believe and it reminds me of Julius Hodge recruitment; could go a number of ways."  :P

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/39872/recruiting-with-dave-telep
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 01:12:19 PM by hoyahooligan »

dR3w

« Reply #994 on: August 25, 2011, 01:29:43 PM »

Gumby

« Reply #995 on: August 25, 2011, 01:29:55 PM »
I love the "family" theory for FL.  I guess KA's Mom, just a few subway stops away from MSG and his Dad and Sister just 30 minutes away from MSG, are not considered family.

Was Coach Roberts hired by Billy D. just to try to bring KA to FL?  Or is that too much of a conspiracy theory.  As we all know, Coach Roberts for a cool 0 for 6 years in recruiting top talent.  Yes, he recruited for Coach Self at a few schools, but certainly not here.

When KA signs on with us on 9/20, what becomes of Coach Roberts?

« Reply #996 on: August 25, 2011, 02:05:21 PM »

"Kyle Anderson. Wow, there are some theories working on that one. There's the "family in Florida" theory. There's the close to home theory with SJU and SHU. There's the "fits best with Georgetown" theory and then there's the "he'll go with Shabazz to UCLA" theory. Me, I can't call it. Kyle's been private about the whole deal. He'll announce on Sept. 20 I believe and it reminds me of Julius Hodge recruitment; could go a number of ways."  :P

I, mentioned in the Amir Garrett thread that this was an arbitrary reply from Telep.  This is basically the same thing he said in July.  Do not get me wrong, as I like Telep (especially, as a recruiting scout).  It's obvious via his reply that he was practically regurgitating something he said in July. 

How come you didn't post Meyer's article or Zags' tweet, hooligan?  Because it didn't fit your agenda, that's why.  In case, you didn't noticed....  Meyer's and Zags' info was up-to-date.   
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 02:09:24 PM by mjdinkins »

Marillac

« Reply #997 on: August 25, 2011, 02:10:37 PM »
Why Kyle Anderson Absolutely Must Choose Georgetown

http://www.casualhoya.com/2011/8/25/2383205/why-kyle-anderson-absolutely-must-choose-the-georgetown-hoya-hat

I'm glad there is so much out there from G'town fans.  It will make it that much sweeter when we land KA5! 

« Reply #998 on: August 25, 2011, 02:19:17 PM »
Why Kyle Anderson Absolutely Must Choose Georgetown

http://www.casualhoya.com/2011/8/25/2383205/why-kyle-anderson-absolutely-must-choose-the-georgetown-hoya-hat

I'm glad there is so much out there from G'town fans.  It will make it that much sweeter when we land KA5! 

FYI, hoyahooligan is hoyasincebirth in that particular link/thread.  He'll probably do just like the Washington Husky fan who was a regular, a week before Pelle committed, on Redmen.  He came in there fairly cordial, but with each post you could see his passive-aggressive behavior shining thru.  Once Pelle committed, then we didn't see him anymore.  He hightailed outta there.

Hopefully, history repeats itself.     
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 02:20:33 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #999 on: August 25, 2011, 02:23:15 PM »

So basically what you are saying is Dave Telep giving his OPINION in a Q & A session by saying he has absolutely NO IDEA where KA will land (which could be said by 6 billion other people in the world) is the equivalent of two writers talking directly with someone close to Kyle and getting direct quotes and being told direct things and writing a tweet or piece done on that basis?  Is that how I understand it?

Telep's Answer to a question is relevent but hardly worth a discussion since he basically says nothing.

Now if he said that he thinks Georgetown leads, that would be a little more newsworthy.  However again it would be his OPINION.  Jerry Meyer did not write an OPINION piece.  Adam Zagoria did not tweet his OPINION.  He did not say that "HE thinks SJU and UCLA stand out."