Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies
Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #1040 on: August 26, 2011, 03:04:37 PM »
Here is Zags full article up on 5 Star Basketball about the possibility of 'Bazz and KA playing together at UCLA.  Also mentions the direct quote from his source that SJU and UCLA seemed to stand out:

Shabazz Muhammad and Kyle Anderson are together this weekend at the Boost Mobile Elite 24 game in Venice Beach, Calif.

And if you don't think the two elite prospects have talked about playing with one another in college, think again.

"We're thinking about it a lot," the 6-foot-8 Anderson from St. Anthony said Friday afternoon by phone from the event. "I mean, we're thinking about it. I don't know how far it will go, but there's a definitely a possibility it could happen."

Asked if UCLA was the only potential landing spot for both players, Anderson said, "Yes."

Muhammad, a 6-6 shooting guard from Las Vegas Bishop Gorman ranked No. 1 in the Class of 2012, also said the dynamic duo have developed a strong friendship and have discussed playing together with the Bruins.

"Kyle, me and him really want to play together in college," Muhammad said. "Just building a relationship with these guys, trying to build up a team for college. We need guys to go with me so our team can be a national championship contender."

Asked about the UCLA possibility, Muhammad added, "Yeah, I think it's an option. We've been really talking about that. Pretty much he's like my best friend now, so I'm always hanging around with him. We're just talking about UCLA, what other schools he likes, what other schools I like."

Anderson lists UCLA, Seton Hall, St. John's, Georgetown and Florida and is due to announce Sept. 20.

A source close to Anderson recently said that UCLA and St. John's "stand out" because of where they're situated.

"Yes, because of their location," the source said. "Both being in large media markets."

Still, publicly, Anderson won't give anything up.

"I don't have any favorites," he said Friday.

Anderon's older sister, Brittany, checked out the UCLA campus earlier this week en route to the Boost Mobile game, but Anderson himself did not go. He has already been there twice.

Muhammad and Anderson shared a recent visit to UCLA with 6-8 Shaq Goodwin of Atlanta and 6-5 UCLA pledge Jordan Adams of Oak Hill Academy.

UCLA coach Ben Howland has talked to the group about forming a potential monster 2012 recruiting class for the Bruins.

"Yeah, yeah, he does," Anderson said. "He definitely does. He tells us every time we come into the office. Just a great class we could have with us four and how the arena's going to be renovated by the time we're freshmen so he definitely talks about it a lot with us."

Muhammad echoed those sentiments from Howland.

"Yeah, he talks about it all the time," Muhammad said. "He talks about that all the time. Coach Howland's a great guy. He's trying to really get good players, and he's already got guys who are good already, Jordan Adams [and Findlay Prep point guard Dominic Artis]. He's gotten guys in there, he's working on more. He's a really good coach, and I really like UCLA and their program."

Still, Muhammad said as many as 13 or 14 schools are currently on his list, with USC, Arizona, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, Memphis, Texas and UNLV among those in the mix.

The only official visit he has set is to Kentucky for Big Blue Madness Oct. 15.

"I haven't cut it yet," Muhammad said of his list. "My list is pretty big. I'm probably going to cut it in a couple weeks, to seven."

For more from Adam Zagoria, check out ZAGSBLOG.com and follow him on Twitter: @AdamZagoria

http://fivestarbasketball.com/articles/08-26-2011-exclusive-muhammad-anderson-talking-about-combining-at-ucla

« Reply #1041 on: August 26, 2011, 03:10:20 PM »
I've said this before and I'll say it again....  You're full of it.  I'll say this....  What you said in your first paragraph could have some merit, but it's how you pick and choose what is true and what isn't based on your agenda.  You raved about a random response by Telep from a Q&A session that was solely based on opinion.  Nothing Telep stated was new and it was practically regurgitation from a month earlier.  It had nothing to do with sources whatsoever.  Just an arbitrary response to a question.

Secondly, Meyer (and, I'll assume Zags, as well) quoted sources, but that is practically hogwash because it didn't fit your agenda.  By the way, OJ Mayo supposedly wanted to play in a large market as a collegiate.  DC isn't exactly a small market, but it isn't NYC or LA.  It doesn't make sense because it wasn't what you wanted to hear.  You've showed your hand a long time ago, so your credibility is hanging from a very, fine thread.

Most of the posters on here never said your team didn't have a shot.  A poster on the Hall's Rivals board practically said G'town was behind in this recruiting, and I never saw you questioned it over there.  You instead subtlely attacked a St. John's fan by calling the poster a "tough guy."  Transparency at its best....  You, that is.

Last, but not least....  I'll say most fans over here a pretty, well grounded.  Just because some posters have poked holes in your argument or have disagreed with you on other boards that now makes the fans here "arrogant pricks," huh?  Gotcha!

Continue spraying aesthetics over here....  Instead, it's starting to come off like cow dung laced with Lysol.         
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 03:25:58 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #1042 on: August 26, 2011, 03:10:59 PM »
Do not like the recent UCLA momentum.

« Reply #1043 on: August 26, 2011, 03:13:20 PM »
Do not like the recent UCLA momentum.

I still think we're fine.

« Reply #1044 on: August 26, 2011, 03:41:19 PM »
Kyle is friendly with a lot of guys. From Nate Britt to Amile Jefferson he'd like to play with a lot of guys. At camp there are thousands of kids with their arm around each other saying we're going to play together and a day later they are both doing it to someone else. THEY'RE KIDS!

The chances of Muhammad landing at UCLA is just as slim as Kyle and him going to UCLA together. Is it possible and would it be cool for them? Sure it would be. You're also seeing west coast media for the first time in full force.

Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #1045 on: August 26, 2011, 03:47:44 PM »
I've said this before and I'll say it again....  You're full of it.  I'll say this....  What you said in your first paragraph could have some merit, but it's how you pick and choose what is true and what isn't based on your agenda.  You raved about a random response by Telep from a Q&A session that was solely based on opinion.  Nothing Telep stated was new and it was practically regurgitation from a month earlier.  It had nothing to do with sources whatsoever.  Just an arbitrary response to a question.

Secondly, Meyer (and, I'll assume Zags, as well) quoted sources, but that is practically hogwash because it didn't fit your agenda.  By the way, OJ Mayo supposedly wanted to play in a large market as a collegiate.  DC isn't exactly a small market, but it isn't NYC or LA.  It doesn't make sense because it wasn't what you wanted to hear.  You've showed your hand a long time ago, so your credibility is hanging from a very, fine thread.

Most of the posters on here never said your team didn't have a shot.  A poster on the Hall's Rivals board practically said G'town was behind in this recruiting, and I never saw you questioned it over there.  You instead subtlely attacked a St. John's fan by calling the poster a "tough guy."  Transparency at its best....  You, that is.

Last, but not least....  I'll say most fans over here a pretty, well grounded.  Just because some posters have poked holes in your argument or have disagreed with you on other boards that now makes the fans here "arrogant pricks," huh?  Gotcha!

Continue spraying aesthetics over here....  Instead, it's starting to come off like cow dung laced with Lysol.       

And for the record I know for a fact several posters have consistently said that the 1 school they feared was not SHU but Georgetown wrt Kyle.

So none of us had any problem suggesting Georgetown was a legit threat.  Obviously these new tweets and articles suggest that perhaps UCLA is SJU's toughest comp for him.

But that is not our fault.  We did not write those things.

« Reply #1046 on: August 26, 2011, 04:01:40 PM »
Kyle is friendly with a lot of guys. From Nate Britt to Amile Jefferson he'd like to play with a lot of guys. At camp there are thousands of kids with their arm around each other saying we're going to play together and a day later they are both doing it to someone else. THEY'RE KIDS!

The chances of Muhammad landing at UCLA is just as slim as Kyle and him going to UCLA together. Is it possible and would it be cool for them? Sure it would be. You're also seeing west coast media for the first time in full force.

Dave, you think Bazz to UCLA is unlikely?  Really?

I think they have a really good shot actually.  But even with that I don't see them landing Kyle.

« Reply #1047 on: August 26, 2011, 04:03:45 PM »

I think they have a really good shot actually.  But even with that I don't see them landing Kyle.

I believe if Cal pushes the envelope (no pun intended, Baldi  lol) then he'll eventually land Muhammad.

« Reply #1048 on: August 26, 2011, 04:47:41 PM »

I think Muhammad to Kentucky is more likely
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #1049 on: August 26, 2011, 05:20:29 PM »
I know next to nothing about Kyle's intentions, but it would concern me that his sister was with him checking out the UCLA campus while he was playing ball.  Is she a prospective college student?

« Reply #1050 on: August 26, 2011, 11:40:20 PM »
Kyle won the skills competition at Boost Mobile tonight.  Competition was typical of his game, slow, methodical, but done with perfect precision.

MCNPA

« Reply #1051 on: August 27, 2011, 12:05:23 AM »
Nothing will piss off the Lavin hating UCLA fans than SJU prying a top priority recruit away from them.  I want Kyle Anderson even more now.  Heck, I think Lavin should now go after Shabazz Muhammad now too just for the heck of it...

crgreen

« Reply #1052 on: August 27, 2011, 12:31:27 AM »
IF Drummond is really entering Uconn THIS year - then doesn't Kyle move up to replace him as Rivals #2 recruit for 2012?

« Reply #1053 on: August 27, 2011, 02:24:39 AM »
I would be surprised if Shabazz doesn't end up at UCLA.      UCLA= Adidas

« Reply #1054 on: August 27, 2011, 10:59:38 AM »
IF Drummond is really entering Uconn THIS year - then doesn't Kyle move up to replace him as Rivals #2 recruit for 2012?

Good point, cr.  I have a hunch Kyle will be ranked #1 per Rivals in their final 2012 player rankings.

« Reply #1055 on: August 27, 2011, 12:39:36 PM »
Kyle won the skills competition at Boost Mobile tonight.  Competition was typical of his game, slow, methodical, but done with perfect precision.

Lets hope that translates well into the college game where among the elite teams, there is precision along with athleticism and speed.

TheVig

« Reply #1056 on: August 27, 2011, 01:22:09 PM »
Anyone else gonna be at the Elite 24 today? For everyone back in NY i believe the game is on ESPN 2 at 7 EST sorry if already posted

P.S. hopefully you guys have power/satellite/cable so you can watch it :) Everyone be safe out there!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 01:41:02 PM by TheVig »

Moose

« Reply #1057 on: August 27, 2011, 01:26:06 PM »
Anyone else gonna be at the Elite 24 today? For everyone back in NY i believe the game is on ESPN 2 at 7 EST sorry if already posted

Something to watch today, thank god.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #1058 on: August 27, 2011, 04:29:09 PM »
I would be surprised if Shabazz doesn't end up at UCLA.      UCLA= Adidas

YES, and Oregon= Nike

« Reply #1059 on: August 27, 2011, 04:58:26 PM »
I believe the Elite 24 is on ESPN U
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!