Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies
Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #1100 on: August 29, 2011, 08:06:02 AM »
I don't remember this being posted....Notice who he's partnering in drills with...

Kyle Anderson Interview at the 2011 adidas Nations Camp in Las Vegas
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #1101 on: August 29, 2011, 08:28:28 AM »
He's a great kid and I'd root for him to succeed no matter what.

+1
Been raised right.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

TheVig

« Reply #1102 on: August 29, 2011, 08:36:43 AM »
I went to Elite 24 on Saturday and had a real good time. I don't think anyone brought it up yet but Mitch McGarry broke a backboard in warmups that delayed the game a little while. He wound up getting cut with the glass on his hand and neck and not being able to play.  During the delay Kyle was close to the audience so I asked him for a picture and he graciously took one with me. I said something along the lines of "your going to St. John's, right?" He just giggled and proceeded to sign autographs for kids in the audience. As far as the game he started slowly but really played well in the 2nd half. His ability to get into the lane and vision to find an open man is uncanny. I really hope we can land him.

« Reply #1103 on: August 29, 2011, 08:50:46 AM »
I went to Elite 24 on Saturday and had a real good time. I don't think anyone brought it up yet but Mitch McGarry broke a backboard in warmups that delayed the game a little while. He wound up getting cut with the glass on his hand and neck and not being able to play.  During the delay Kyle was close to the audience so I asked him for a picture and he graciously took one with me. I said something along the lines of "your going to St. John's, right?" He just giggled and proceeded to sign autographs for kids in the audience. As far as the game he started slowly but really played well in the 2nd half. His ability to get into the lane and vision to find an open man is uncanny. I really hope we can land him.

Yeah, I heard about McGary crashing the backboard and delaying the start of the game.  Good try attempting to pull info out of Anderson.  LOL 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHzQnDggUD8&feature=player_embedded#!

« Reply #1104 on: August 29, 2011, 11:26:05 AM »
is this just a fan on twitter fanning the flames?

George2Miller George Miller
Breaking- #ucla is leading for K.Anderson. #stjbb is in shock. Goodman news on visiting ucla should bring Irene sirens to Johnies.
10 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

« Reply #1105 on: August 29, 2011, 11:59:23 AM »
is this just a fan on twitter fanning the flames?

George2Miller George Miller
Breaking- #ucla is leading for K.Anderson. #stjbb is in shock. Goodman news on visiting ucla should bring Irene sirens to Johnies.
10 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

I would say so, from the looks of his twitter page. 

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #1106 on: August 29, 2011, 04:45:01 PM »
I'm starting to get a little nervous. Although I was pretty confident based on this forum's inside information, all I keep hearing is him going to UCLA is picking up a lot of steam, and outside of the forum I have barley heard anything lately about him and St. John's....

Moose

« Reply #1107 on: August 29, 2011, 05:02:09 PM »
I'm starting to get a little nervous. Although I was pretty confident based on this forum's inside information, all I keep hearing is him going to UCLA is picking up a lot of steam, and outside of the forum I have barley heard anything lately about him and St. John's....

Because he was just in Cali. When he visits FLA I bet you will hear stories about them gaining steam.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #1108 on: August 29, 2011, 06:13:07 PM »

Because he was just in Cali. When he visits FLA I bet you will hear stories about them gaining steam.

Mainly, you're hearing those reports via a blogger from UCLA, thetruth.  Considering, we have other outlets like twitter then it has spreaded like wildfire.  I bet if someone like SJU79 comes on here with some positive info then you'll be reeled back in.  It's understandable you're getting uneasy.  Hopefully, you can sit back and relax.     

I agree, Moose.  During his weekend in Florida there will be similiar reports.  Luckily, we won't have long after his Florida visit 'til he commits.

« Reply #1109 on: August 29, 2011, 06:18:00 PM »
Per Zags.... 

Kyle Anderson is stuck in Los Angeles until Wednesday because of Hurricane Irene-related flight cancellations and thus will not visit Georgetown on Tuesday as originally scheduled, a source with knowledge told SNY.tv.

The visit was moved to next Tuesday (Sept. 6), but the 6-foot-8 Anderson will still visit Seton Hall and St. John’s as planned Thursday and Friday, respectively.

He then takes an official to Florida Sept. 16-17.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/08/29/anderson-delays-georgetown-visit/

« Reply #1110 on: August 29, 2011, 06:28:19 PM »
Maybe, Kyle can play pickup ball with some of the newcomers on Friday.  I believe the entire team will be at school by Friday, as Pelle, Sampson and Garrett is supposed to be back by Thursday, if I'm not mistaken.

Heck!  Bring a few old-school Johnnies in there.  LOL   I'll say this before I end this post....  I really think Lavin is gonna be tough to beat out when all said and done.  Lavin will have the unofficial on Friday and supposedly, an in-home visit before the 20th.  Do not forget Chiles and Hines aren't shabby either.

If, we lose out then so be it.  But, I believe we're gonna be very tough to beat out in this recruiting battle.   

Marillac

« Reply #1111 on: August 29, 2011, 06:34:50 PM »
Let's just let this play out.  We are in great shape and I think Kyle is too loyal to leave the area. He wasn't even on the roster for battle of the Burroughs when it was first Announced and obviously cared enough to represent Harlem to bring it up. 

There will be a hundred rumors/tweets/posts about him over the next three weeks.  I wonder who coach will have take Anderson around? Harkless? Harrisson?

ras

« Reply #1112 on: August 29, 2011, 06:51:11 PM »
To bad flights are a problem, I dont like him hanging out in LA. Fortunetly he will be back on the east coast wednesday with his family and local fans As stated, soon he will be hanging out with our players and elite coaches.

Moose

« Reply #1113 on: August 29, 2011, 07:13:07 PM »
To bad flights are a problem, I dont like him hanging out in LA. Fortunetly he will be back on the east coast wednesday with his family and local fans As stated, soon he will be hanging out with our players and elite coaches.

Wasn't it posted earlier he never even stepped foot on UCLA campus during this trip?

ras

« Reply #1114 on: August 29, 2011, 08:06:54 PM »
I said LA,not UCLA.

Moose

« Reply #1115 on: August 29, 2011, 09:13:04 PM »
I said LA,not UCLA.

Where is he considering going? Where will he be spending most his time?  Oh yeah the campus of UCLA.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 09:13:53 PM by Moose »

Gumby

« Reply #1116 on: August 29, 2011, 10:11:22 PM »
I believe KA's Dad wants him to focus on basketball period.  In LA LA Land the focus is on so many distractions.  In NY 10 million people, locally, will know who KA is.  They will follow his every game.  He will not get lost in the shuffle of LA.

Here, he will be the star for NY, MSG, St. John's, and the Big East.

The hype with UCLA will calm down in a few days.

Imagine, 100,000 KA St. John's red and white BB shirts are ready to be produced as we speak.  And that is just the first shipment!

22 Days and Counting!!!

crgreen

« Reply #1117 on: August 29, 2011, 11:50:29 PM »

Wasn't it posted earlier he never even stepped foot on UCLA campus during this trip?

Bruin boards report Kyle playing pickup ball at UCLA Mens Gym with Shabazz Monday.   Played with just drafted Tyler Honeycutt (supposedly being a ballhog - made for a huge contrast to when Kyle handled the ball).  Current Bruins Reeves Nelson, David and Travis Wear, Norman Powell and Anthony Stover were also playing, as were Bruin pros Jrue Holiday and Earl Watson (thought Earl was spending late summer at SJU?)...

« Reply #1118 on: August 30, 2011, 12:04:13 AM »

Bruin boards report Kyle playing pickup ball at UCLA Mens Gym with Shabazz Monday.   Played with just drafted Tyler Honeycutt (supposedly being a ballhog - made for a huge contrast to when Kyle handled the ball).  Current Bruins Reeves Nelson, David and Travis Wear, Norman Powell and Anthony Stover were also playing, as were Bruin pros Jrue Holiday and Earl Watson (thought Earl was spending late summer at SJU?)...

A week ago I thought he was a lock for SJU. All this UCLA stuff is giving me second thoughts. Playing pickup with a guy who he is rumored to be a package deal with, along with a bunch of other former UCLA players, many of them who are now NBA players cannot be good. All of whom im sure are whispering in his ear to go to UCLA. That has a lot of influence on a kid. I know I may just be paranoid, but I am a lot less confident about KA to SJU than I was last week.

Marillac

« Reply #1119 on: August 30, 2011, 12:09:16 AM »
Well at least we have two guys in Artest and Watson that can stay in his ear about St Johns and Lavin. That is pretty awesome when you think about seeing any influence 3000 miles away in enemy territory.  Ron loves St Johns and apparently Watson is very close with Lav.