Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies
Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #1120 on: August 30, 2011, 12:22:55 AM »
Hey Gumby - why dont you try getting those 100000 or even 1000 KA shirts ready for is unofficial on sept 2

« Reply #1121 on: August 30, 2011, 12:26:04 AM »
The students need to be creative and do everything they can to show how much we want KA.

« Reply #1122 on: August 30, 2011, 08:30:52 AM »
To bad flights are a problem, I dont like him hanging out in LA. Fortunetly he will be back on the east coast wednesday with his family and local fans As stated, soon he will be hanging out with our players and elite coaches.

Wasn't it posted earlier he never even stepped foot on UCLA campus during this trip?

Bruin boards report Kyle playing pickup ball at UCLA Mens Gym with Shabazz Monday.   Played with just drafted Tyler Honeycutt (supposedly being a ballhog - made for a huge contrast to when Kyle handled the ball).  Current Bruins Reeves Nelson, David and Travis Wear, Norman Powell and Anthony Stover were also playing, as were Bruin pros Jrue Holiday and Earl Watson (thought Earl was spending late summer at SJU?)...

I think some fudging is going on, as it seemed Muhammad was back home by Monday, if not Sunday.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 08:31:28 AM by mjdinkins »

Moose

« Reply #1123 on: August 30, 2011, 08:41:56 AM »
To bad flights are a problem, I dont like him hanging out in LA. Fortunetly he will be back on the east coast wednesday with his family and local fans As stated, soon he will be hanging out with our players and elite coaches.

Wasn't it posted earlier he never even stepped foot on UCLA campus during this trip?

Bruin boards report Kyle playing pickup ball at UCLA Mens Gym with Shabazz Monday.   Played with just drafted Tyler Honeycutt (supposedly being a ballhog - made for a huge contrast to when Kyle handled the ball).  Current Bruins Reeves Nelson, David and Travis Wear, Norman Powell and Anthony Stover were also playing, as were Bruin pros Jrue Holiday and Earl Watson (thought Earl was spending late summer at SJU?)...

I think some fudging is going on, as it seemed Muhammad was back home by Monday, if not Sunday.

Am I the only one not shocked by that?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #1124 on: August 30, 2011, 09:12:06 AM »
I'm pretty sure Anderson's family flew back already.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #1125 on: August 30, 2011, 09:18:49 AM »

Nah, they haven't, Dave.  I believe that is suppose to happen today.

« Reply #1126 on: August 30, 2011, 09:33:50 AM »

Double checked my texts they flew into Philly yesterday.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #1127 on: August 30, 2011, 09:41:06 AM »

Double checked my texts they flew into Philly yesterday.

I don't think so.

« Reply #1128 on: August 30, 2011, 10:27:14 AM »

dR3w

« Reply #1129 on: August 30, 2011, 10:32:57 AM »
Could UCLA's 2012 Basketball Recruiting Class be the Best Ever?

http://www.bruinsnation.com/2011/8/29/2390061/ucla-basketball-2012-13-could-it-be-the-best-class-ever

Maybe I'm too close to this subject, being a St John's fan,  but I don't recall a single interview, or even just a couple of generic sentences, taken so far as to mean so much.  .... And in subsequent earth shattering news, I hear the KA like the color Red ... so you know what that means. ::)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 10:33:59 AM by dR3w »

ras

« Reply #1130 on: August 30, 2011, 10:38:33 AM »
The students need to be creative and do everything they can to show how much we want KA.
[/qote]           How much more love can we show? Just look at this forum.

gman

« Reply #1131 on: August 30, 2011, 12:21:54 PM »

http://www.bruinsnation.com/2011/8/29/2390061/ucla-basketball-2012-13-could-it-be-the-best-class-ever

Is that a blog? That is a pretty sad piece. Looks like one of us taking the most flattering pieces from each of our recruits. So you ate saying there is a chance we could land anderson, amile, gathers, and wood?

« Reply #1132 on: August 30, 2011, 12:42:17 PM »
[/qote]           How much more love can we show? Just look at this forum.

i don't doubt that he reads this board.  i even saw that he retweeted something about jj.com a few days ago.  but he's going to be on campus, our last chance to show him love.  it can't hurt if an entire student body show's how much we want him.  it'd be cool to have "We Want KA" signs all over the dorm windows!

the "We want Pelle" "We want Garrett" chants helped in landing Norvel and AMir. 

ras

« Reply #1133 on: August 30, 2011, 12:56:31 PM »
It certainly doesnt hurt.

pmg911

« Reply #1134 on: August 30, 2011, 01:15:09 PM »
I don't know if it is scary, creepy or just sad that people are tracking the Anderson's family flight plans. ;) ;)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 01:42:15 PM by pmg911 »

Gumby

« Reply #1135 on: August 30, 2011, 01:23:44 PM »
If I was coordinating KA's visit to St. John's I would do the following:
*  Can we put a banner on the GW?
*  Can we light up the Empire State Building in KA's favorite color, red?
*  Have every one on campus this Friday wearing KA St. John's tee shirts.
*  Have Chris, Mark and RonRon on campus.
*  Take KA to MSG afterwards and show him his image on the big screen with audio shouting out basket by KYLE ANDERSON !!!

You know what the deciding factor could (should) be, the Coach and his staff.  It is like picking your father for a few years.  I am confident that Coach Lavin and his down to earth personality, along with his coaches will win the day, not just for St. John's, but for KA and his family.

KA Senior will enjoying watching MSG games seating along side Coach C. and eating those post game meals with the Coach.

Bring on the visit!

« Reply #1136 on: August 30, 2011, 02:31:06 PM »
Not concerned until I hear one of our insiders start to worry

crgreen

« Reply #1137 on: August 30, 2011, 03:01:51 PM »

Title alone shows ignorance.   No Alcindor, no Walton, no best ever.  Pretty Simple, really.

boo3

« Reply #1138 on: August 30, 2011, 06:34:53 PM »
I don't know if it is scary, creepy or just sad that people are tracking the Anderson's family flight plans. ;) ;)

All of the above? 

dR3w

« Reply #1139 on: August 30, 2011, 06:36:25 PM »
Title alone shows ignorance.   No Alcindor, no Walton, no best ever.  Pretty Simple, really.

I'm pretty sure the KAJ initials mentioned early in the story are for Kareen Abdul-Jabbar ... aka Lew Alcindor.