Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies
Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #1140 on: August 30, 2011, 07:54:55 PM »
I don't know if it is scary, creepy or just sad that people are tracking the Anderson's family flight plans. ;) ;)
Just imagine if he signs elsewhere what this will turn into.

« Reply #1141 on: August 30, 2011, 08:03:00 PM »
Title alone shows ignorance.   No Alcindor, no Walton, no best ever.  Pretty Simple, really.

I'm pretty sure the KAJ initials mentioned early in the story are for Kareen Abdul-Jabbar ... aka Lew Alcindor.
yep

RedVet

« Reply #1142 on: August 30, 2011, 08:21:06 PM »
I don't know if it is scary, creepy or just sad that people are tracking the Anderson's family flight plans. ;) ;)

If you need it, I have inside information from a flight attendant on how many times they went to the restrooms and the brand of pretzels they snacked on. (Apparently they opted not to buy in-flight meals, which I'm taking as a sign that KA's leaning toward St. John's.)

NYCoffey

« Reply #1143 on: August 30, 2011, 08:30:16 PM »

If you need it, I have inside information from a flight attendant on how many times they went to the restrooms and the brand of pretzels they snacked on. (Apparently they opted not to buy in-flight meals, which I'm taking as a sign that KA's leaning toward St. John's.)

No in flight meals mean he's a Florida lean. Get with the program.

Moose

« Reply #1144 on: August 30, 2011, 08:37:27 PM »
Top 10 plays from the Elite 24 game.  #1 belongs to Kyle.

http://www.ballislife.com/video/elite24top10
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #1145 on: August 30, 2011, 11:10:59 PM »

Big Whoop.  Nice pass but for that to be the number one play in the game just shows you how mediocre the game must have been.  Too many on this site seem to be waiting with baited breath for this kid's decision?  Why?  He is a very good HIGH SCHOOL player but not as great as you would think.  Is he a program changer?  I dont think so. He is no Jabarr, Walton, Ewing, Magic or Carmelo Anthony, etc.  He is a COMPLIMENTARY player for a good group of athletes and yes may make the team better.  But is he an all world player, ready to dominate the collegiate level, I dont believe so at all.

I do think that the behavior of many on this site with regards to this kid, is to put it mildly, a bit immature. We are all feeding into the hype.  Personally,  I don't like his dad's attitude when he proclaimed, "shame on those head coaches who are not here to see him play in person".  The fact that the kid wants it known that he will announce on his birthday is a bit much in itself.  Now take Ricardo Gathers.  When he announced, he just made it known that he was attending St. John's..... there was no fanfare, no big press conference etc.  Is Mr. Gathers any less of a get then Kyle???

Look, I hope we do get the kid.  I think that he will certainly make contributions to the team.  I just dont happen to think that they will be as significant right away as many on here do. However, i do hope , for the kids sake, that for all of the hype that his high school coach, his dad and some of the writers are putting on this kid that he does live up to expectations or it may be a trying time for this young man.  I cant wait for him to make some sort of decision so we dont have to be subjected to all the nonsense that is continually perpetuated on this and other sites.

« Reply #1146 on: August 30, 2011, 11:18:57 PM »

Big Whoop.  Nice pass but for that to be the number one play in the game just shows you how mediocre the game must have been.  Too many on this site seem to be waiting with baited breath for this kid's decision?  Why?  He is a very good HIGH SCHOOL player but not as great as you would think.  Is he a program changer?  I dont think so. He is no Jabarr, Walton, Ewing, Magic or Carmelo Anthony, etc.  He is a COMPLIMENTARY player for a good group of athletes and yes may make the team better.  But is he an all world player, ready to dominate the collegiate level, I dont believe so at all.

I do think that the behavior of many on this site with regards to this kid, is to put it mildly, a bit immature. We are all feeding into the hype.  Personally,  I don't like his dad's attitude when he proclaimed, "shame on those head coaches who are not here to see him play in person".  The fact that the kid wants it known that he will announce on his birthday is a bit much in itself.  Now take Ricardo Gathers.  When he announced, he just made it known that he was attending St. John's..... there was no fanfare, no big press conference etc.  Is Mr. Gathers any less of a get then Kyle???

Look, I hope we do get the kid.  I think that he will certainly make contributions to the team.  I just dont happen to think that they will be as significant right away as many on here do. However, i do hope , for the kids sake, that for all of the hype that his high school coach, his dad and some of the writers are putting on this kid that he does live up to expectations or it may be a trying time for this young man.  I cant wait for him to make some sort of decision so we dont have to be subjected to all the nonsense that is continually perpetuated on this and other sites.
I have no idea how good he really is but he seems to be winning a lot of mvp's in these tournaments and all star games.

Cut him some slack though. At least 4 of our recruits had press conferences last year announcing their decisions.

I'll give you the thing about Gathers. But it's still a big day for these kids and he's not stringing anyone along. Kid wants to announce on his birthday. I can't fault him for that and his dad/family seem like they have done a real good job with Kyle and he seems real grounded.

Hopefully he chooses us but regardless I wish him the best and don't feel like he's strung us along like recruits did under Norm

Poison

« Reply #1147 on: August 30, 2011, 11:23:55 PM »
Hopefully, Anderson picks SJU and by the time he arrives on campus, he'll just be another player.
And what I mean by that is he will blend in, and not be asked to save us from anything.

« Reply #1148 on: August 30, 2011, 11:42:15 PM »
SJU is going to be very good over the next few years even if Kyle chooses Florida or Ucla.  Lavin has already signed numerous bigtime recruits and has Gathers and Wood commitments in/for next years class.  SJU will add another bigtime recruit if Anderson decides to go elsewhere.  I'd like to see Lavin grab either a Center or PG if we don't end up getting Anderson, but I think proximity to home is a big advantage for SJU over Ucla once the Ucla visit begins to become more of a distant memory to Anderson.  Ucla is VERY far from home.  You can't any further from home than Ucla unless you choose Hawaii or Alaska-Anchorage.

Keep your eye on the Florida Gators here too gaining last minute momentum with Anderson.  Florida might become the bigger competitor for Anderson and not Ucla.  Anderson supposedly has family in Florida.

Coincidently isn't it a bit ironic that the metroplolitan area had a minor-earthquake while Kyle was visiting Ucla of all earthquake places.  (head-scratcher).  Florida gets severe hurricanes and California gets severe earthquakes while NYC gets only nor'easters or tropical storms if that.  :)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 11:51:18 PM by Lapchick1 »

« Reply #1149 on: August 31, 2011, 12:03:41 AM »
Personally,  I don't like his dad's attitude when he proclaimed, "shame on those head coaches who are not here to see him play in person"

Quite frankly, his dad didn't mean nothing by that comment.  His dad was asked about the head coaches not being there for that particular game and it was something that was practically said in jest.  It wasn't nothing to be taken as a slight or in a derogatory way, as some might've thought.

I, somewhat understand where you're coming from in your post (don't exactly care for how it was carried out), but he could be someone that is the final piece to a potential Final Four/National Championship team.  How many players are the ilk of the ones you've named?  He's still a heckuva talent and could be one of those "feather in the cap" commitments for us. 

I also believe it was his mother who came to conclusion for him to announce on his birthday.  Maybe, his mother didn't want this to drag out and figured he needs to soon end his recruitment.  Hence, his birthday....  Which is a special day for quite a few folks.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 12:10:21 AM by mjdinkins »

Moose

« Reply #1150 on: August 31, 2011, 12:04:46 AM »

I find your post mis-directed.  This is a thread about Kyle Anderson.  I simply added to the discussion with a video of recent play.  If you find other things wrong with his recruitment as immature that should be directed elsewhere and at other people.

With regards to rankings where would you rank him then in the Class of 2012.  I'm curious as to where you would rank him and how many times you have seen him and the others.

As for the pass there are many who would criticize if the #1 play was Justin Anderson doing a spiderman impression after a breakaway dunk.  All ESPN and SportsCenter.  The Kyle play was an actual play.  A part of the game that often goes forgotten nowadays.  And you dog the kid for wanting to announce on his birthday?  A special day and a special decision and your reaction to that is immature.

There is so much more to take apart from your post but its honestly not even worth it.  However some of it had to be responded too and I'm happy I did.

« Reply #1151 on: August 31, 2011, 12:57:20 AM »

I find your post mis-directed.  This is a thread about Kyle Anderson.  I simply added to the discussion with a video of recent play.  If you find other things wrong with his recruitment as immature that should be directed elsewhere and at other people.

With regards to rankings where would you rank him then in the Class of 2012.  I'm curious as to where you would rank him and how many times you have seen him and the others.

As for the pass there are many who would criticize if the #1 play was Justin Anderson doing a spiderman impression after a breakaway dunk.  All ESPN and SportsCenter.  The Kyle play was an actual play.  A part of the game that often goes forgotten nowadays.  And you dog the kid for wanting to announce on his birthday?  A special day and a special decision and your reaction to that is immature.

There is so much more to take apart from your post but its honestly not even worth it.  However some of it had to be responded too and I'm happy I did.

Where would I rank him... I would call him an excellent high school basketball player, a bit slow to my liking but he seems to get the job done with excellent court vision.  Why are you personalizing my comments to yourself.  My comments were directed ay all of those posters who continually add to the hype of this kids recruitment.  That pass that you find so awesome was made 10 times in a game by mark Jackson, Mullin or the many fine point guards to don a St. John's uniform in the past. nothing more , nothing less.  Was it a good pass, sure it was.

In terms of dogging the kid for wanting to announce on his birthday?  When did I do that?  I simply stated that it seems a bit much.  Maybe the kid is not behind it at all but whoever is doing it and making a big proddution out of it should take a step back. 

But you see Moose, you prove my point and I dont even have to take apart your post......... Thankfully, unlike that other site that you frequent, here YOU DONT HAVE TO SPEAK THE COMPANY LINE..... YOU CAN ACTUALLY HAVE AN OPINION. If this were that other site, either you or someone else would have me banned for such an antagonistic thought.  How dare I have a different opinion then you or the majority on here...... thanks for making that quite clear. :o

Marillac

« Reply #1152 on: August 31, 2011, 06:20:24 AM »
Can you not post until September 21...thanks.

Moose

« Reply #1153 on: August 31, 2011, 07:46:17 AM »

Where would I rank him... I would call him an excellent high school basketball player, a bit slow to my liking but he seems to get the job done with excellent court vision.  Why are you personalizing my comments to yourself.  My comments were directed ay all of those posters who continually add to the hype of this kids recruitment.  That pass that you find so awesome was made 10 times in a game by mark Jackson, Mullin or the many fine point guards to don a St. John's uniform in the past. nothing more , nothing less.  Was it a good pass, sure it was.

In terms of dogging the kid for wanting to announce on his birthday?  When did I do that?  I simply stated that it seems a bit much.  Maybe the kid is not behind it at all but whoever is doing it and making a big proddution out of it should take a step back. 

But you see Moose, you prove my point and I dont even have to take apart your post......... Thankfully, unlike that other site that you frequent, here YOU DONT HAVE TO SPEAK THE COMPANY LINE..... YOU CAN ACTUALLY HAVE AN OPINION. If this were that other site, either you or someone else would have me banned for such an antagonistic thought.  How dare I have a different opinion then you or the majority on here...... thanks for making that quite clear. :o

I personalized the comments to you because you did the same to me. You replied to MY post stating how you didn't like how this recruitment was going. If you simply posted your own thoughts without using my post as your starting point your post probably would have gone unanswered.

Funny you cry about having a different opinion yet again you fail to see the other side. I disagreed with your points and others do as well but in your little mind you think only your opinion counts and if someone responds to you that you are being wronged.

Also funny how I asked you where you would rank him and who you would put ahead of him. But you couldn't answer that. You just said he's an excellent HS player. He's ranked in the top 5 and he's not to your liking. Do you see how backwards that sounds?

« Reply #1154 on: August 31, 2011, 09:39:32 AM »
Generally when you quote respond that would indicate that you are directly responding to that post/person.

You can have whatever opinion you want but remember so can everyone else. No one is going to agree 100% of the time.

I think I speak for 99.9% of the people here when I say Kyle Anderson is a great basketball player and you'd be extremely happy if he chose to come to St. John's.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #1155 on: August 31, 2011, 09:42:10 AM »
Dave,

Is he still scheduled to be on campus Friday?

« Reply #1156 on: August 31, 2011, 10:29:56 AM »
Anderson Set to Visit Seton Hall, St. John’s

By Adam Zagoria on August 31, 2011, 10:11AM

Kyle Anderson finally made it home to the East Coast from Los Angeles Tuesday night.

Now he’s set to visit Seton Hall Thursday and St. John’s Friday in two unofficial visits that could prove critical in his decision.

The 6-foot-8 Anderson will choose from among those two area schools, Georgetown, Florida and UCLA on Sept. 20.

Hall of Fame St. Anthony coach Bob Hurley broke down the two local schools Wednesday morning during a phone interview with SNY.tv.

“I think with Seton Hall, he’s a teammate of Fuquan [Edwin] from high school [Paterson Catholic], so there’s a connection there,” said Hurley, whose team went undefeated and won the mythical national championship last season. “And I think the family feels right now that he’s developed into such a good player that even at a school whose talent pool isn’t quite what it was, he can still go there and help the team to win.

“I think Seton Hall even though people can criticize the roster for not being so strong because some of the names are not local kids, I think he can go in there and, because he’s such a good player, he can do things to make other players better.”

Seton Hall coach Kevin Willard worked extremely hard all summer, following Anderson throughout the AAU circuit. He knows that in addition to pure talent, Anderson is exactly what Seton Hall needs to reverse the negative perception it has accumulated in the recent past.

Anderson is a Bob Hurley kid, a high-character kid. He’s a member of the Playaz Basketball Club. He played at Paterson Catholic. And he’s piled up a slew of MVP awards this summer at the highest level.

“All summer long his teams have won,” Hurley said. “Whether he played for St. Anthony’s or whether he played for the Playaz, they won. And when it comes down to it at the end of games, he makes plays. And you want somebody to give you statistics, but you also want a performance that counts. And that’s what he really does.”

If Anderson were to pull the trigger for Seton Hall, their 2012-13 starting lineup could look like this:

PG – Kyle Anderson

SG – Aaron Cosby / Haralds Karlis / Sean Grennan

SF – Fuquan Edwin / Brian Oliver / Patrik Auda

PF – Raymon Austin / Brandon Mobley

C – Gene Teague / Kevin Johnson (assuming Johnson qualifies)

While Seton Hall is in Anderson’s home state of Jersey, St. John’s is in New York and plays in Madison Square Garden. Keep in mind that Anderson’s mother, Suzanne, lives in Harlem.

Anderson is also well aware of the nationally-ranked recruiting class head coach Steve Lavin has brought in for this year.

“It’s close to home,” Anderson said of St. John’s by phone from California. “Coach Lavin is a great coach so I’ll be playing for a great staff. The incoming freshmen are coming in this year that will be sophomores in the Big East.”

Hurley also pointed to St. John’s incoming trove of talent as a motivating factor.

“With St. John’s, the roster’s terrific,” he said. “So he can go in there and play with players, their wings. Their guys at the 2, 3, 4 are really talented. To have finishers all around him, guys would be able to finish all the passes that he makes and he could really settle in there and just try to stir the drink.”

Here’s how St. John’s 2012-13 roster could look with Anderson:

PG – Kyle Anderson / Phil Greene

SG – Nurideen Lindsey / D’Angelo Harrison / Darrick Wood

SF – Maurice Harkless / Amir Garrett / Sir’Dominic Pointer

PF – Ricardo Gathers / God’sGift Achiuwa / JaKarr Sampson

C – Norvel Pelle

After the Seton Hall and St. John’s visits, Anderson takes an unofficial to Georgetown Tuesday and then an official to Florida Sept. 16.

Hurley said he believes Anderson remains “open.”

“I think he’s open to things and it’s going to happen and I don’t think anybody’s fretting over this, which is terrific,” Hurley said. “He’s acting like any other high school senior getting ready for the beginning of school.

“He finished an unbelievable summer and he’s getting ready now to help to lead us during the season.”

New article from Zags. Just looking at Seton Hall's and St. John's rosters laid out like that is funny. It's like night and day.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/08/31/anderson-set-to-visit-seton-hall-st-johns/
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 10:30:27 AM by kingofk1ngs »

MCNPA

« Reply #1157 on: August 31, 2011, 10:45:45 AM »
Anderson is happy to be home per twitter.  We have the right staff, roster and location.  No brainer here.  20 days left.

« Reply #1158 on: August 31, 2011, 10:49:06 AM »
Just looking at Seton Hall's and St. John's rosters laid out like that is funny. It's like night and day.

Not to mention, being tutored by one of the finest coaching staffs in the nation.

« Reply #1159 on: August 31, 2011, 10:49:47 AM »
Anderson Set to Visit Seton Hall, St. John’s

By Adam Zagoria on August 31, 2011, 10:11AM

Kyle Anderson finally made it home to the East Coast from Los Angeles Tuesday night.

Now he’s set to visit Seton Hall Thursday and St. John’s Friday in two unofficial visits that could prove critical in his decision.

The 6-foot-8 Anderson will choose from among those two area schools, Georgetown, Florida and UCLA on Sept. 20.

Hall of Fame St. Anthony coach Bob Hurley broke down the two local schools Wednesday morning during a phone interview with SNY.tv.

“I think with Seton Hall, he’s a teammate of Fuquan [Edwin] from high school [Paterson Catholic], so there’s a connection there,” said Hurley, whose team went undefeated and won the mythical national championship last season. “And I think the family feels right now that he’s developed into such a good player that even at a school whose talent pool isn’t quite what it was, he can still go there and help the team to win.

“I think Seton Hall even though people can criticize the roster for not being so strong because some of the names are not local kids, I think he can go in there and, because he’s such a good player, he can do things to make other players better.”

Seton Hall coach Kevin Willard worked extremely hard all summer, following Anderson throughout the AAU circuit. He knows that in addition to pure talent, Anderson is exactly what Seton Hall needs to reverse the negative perception it has accumulated in the recent past.

Anderson is a Bob Hurley kid, a high-character kid. He’s a member of the Playaz Basketball Club. He played at Paterson Catholic. And he’s piled up a slew of MVP awards this summer at the highest level.

“All summer long his teams have won,” Hurley said. “Whether he played for St. Anthony’s or whether he played for the Playaz, they won. And when it comes down to it at the end of games, he makes plays. And you want somebody to give you statistics, but you also want a performance that counts. And that’s what he really does.”

If Anderson were to pull the trigger for Seton Hall, their 2012-13 starting lineup could look like this:

PG – Kyle Anderson

SG – Aaron Cosby / Haralds Karlis / Sean Grennan

SF – Fuquan Edwin / Brian Oliver / Patrik Auda

PF – Raymon Austin / Brandon Mobley

C – Gene Teague / Kevin Johnson (assuming Johnson qualifies)

While Seton Hall is in Anderson’s home state of Jersey, St. John’s is in New York and plays in Madison Square Garden. Keep in mind that Anderson’s mother, Suzanne, lives in Harlem.

Anderson is also well aware of the nationally-ranked recruiting class head coach Steve Lavin has brought in for this year.

“It’s close to home,” Anderson said of St. John’s by phone from California. “Coach Lavin is a great coach so I’ll be playing for a great staff. The incoming freshmen are coming in this year that will be sophomores in the Big East.”

Hurley also pointed to St. John’s incoming trove of talent as a motivating factor.

“With St. John’s, the roster’s terrific,” he said. “So he can go in there and play with players, their wings. Their guys at the 2, 3, 4 are really talented. To have finishers all around him, guys would be able to finish all the passes that he makes and he could really settle in there and just try to stir the drink.”

Here’s how St. John’s 2012-13 roster could look with Anderson:

PG – Kyle Anderson / Phil Greene

SG – Nurideen Lindsey / D’Angelo Harrison / Darrick Wood

SF – Maurice Harkless / Amir Garrett / Sir’Dominic Pointer

PF – Ricardo Gathers / God’sGift Achiuwa / JaKarr Sampson

C – Norvel Pelle

After the Seton Hall and St. John’s visits, Anderson takes an unofficial to Georgetown Tuesday and then an official to Florida Sept. 16.

Hurley said he believes Anderson remains “open.”

“I think he’s open to things and it’s going to happen and I don’t think anybody’s fretting over this, which is terrific,” Hurley said. “He’s acting like any other high school senior getting ready for the beginning of school.

“He finished an unbelievable summer and he’s getting ready now to help to lead us during the season.”

New article from Zags. Just looking at Seton Hall's and St. John's rosters laid out like that is funny. It's like night and day.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/08/31/anderson-set-to-visit-seton-hall-st-johns/

No doubt.  Clearly the roster is a big edge.

But clearly Kyle's words indicate, and this was also pointed out by sources close to Gathers when he verbaled to SJU, that the staff Lavin has put together is a HUGE selling point to Anderson and other recruits.