Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies
Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #1180 on: August 31, 2011, 01:49:48 PM »
Since we're going off topic, how about them yankees?

Ok back on topic please....

LOL!!!!

« Reply #1181 on: August 31, 2011, 02:09:37 PM »
Fordham - you are at the very least predictible.

Comparing Murph to OSU and KA to SHU is not fair for the sole reason that SHU is the home state school in this race. They are/have become the long shot though.

That being said, I have said I had a gut feeling that Kyle was going to shock people and sign with SHU and I still do. As a SJU fan I hope I am wrong but like I have said, in the end I think he will want to play as close to his Father as possible. That is the ONLY reason I think he picks SHU.

Actually, if you wanna be technical about it....  Kyle will be as close, if not closer to his father attending St. John's rather than Seton Hall.  Not to mention, his mother does reside in Harlem.

« Reply #1182 on: August 31, 2011, 02:13:06 PM »
Let me add that pmg thinks that a player like Kamari Murphy, good player mind you but a player ranked in the 100-150 range by most publications, smells because he chose Okie St (a large state school who has been to several NCAA Tourney's in recent memory including a lot of success under Eddie Sutton).

That is a shock but apparently the no. 3 player in the country choosing SHU over UCLA, Florida, Georgetown and SJU is not a shock at all.  Seton Hall which has done exactly what the last decade.... Seton Hall has landed exactly what consensus top 100 player recently?

But let's get to the point at hand.  I am only referring to Kyle Anderson.  Jerry Meyer of Rivals says he talked to Kyle's father for a good length of time and said that SJU and UCLA seemed to be running neck and neck.  We know Zags talks to Kyle's father since he in article after article quotes him directly.  Not only that but how in the world did he scoop everyone else on the visits and the change in the G-town and SJU visits if he does not have direct access to the family?

So with that established knowledge, when Zags posts that a source close to Kyle says that UCLA and SJU are standing out don't you think he actually has a source, considering who PUBLICALLY has gone on record with Zags prior to that tweet?

This has nothing to do with previous things Zags may have written or gotten wrong before.  You maybe right.  But let's be clear, he knows the family and talks to them.  It does not take a genius to figure out that he did not make up that tweet.

The Hoya fans were CHOOSING not to believe him because what he tweeted did not suite their liking, so they invent some reason to not believe it.  If you look at my logic, it is pretty hard to argue with it.  And that is the point.  Because if you choose to think that Zags invented that tweet before, then I am sure Hoya fans will question is tweet about changing Gtown's visit from this week until next.  I mean how could he have gotten that info but been wrong on his previous tweet????  Kind of hard to square those two thoughts, no?

I am finished here.

This is what I was told at the Peach Jam, regarding Zags (paraphrasing).....  "He usually doesn't break any recruiting news, but he has incredible contacts and can add to stories." 

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #1183 on: August 31, 2011, 06:23:01 PM »
"Kyle Anderson is arguably one of the most important (and intriguing) recruits in the class of 2012, and he is now three weeks away from his Sept. 20 decision date.

After another trip out West to visit UCLA, some rumors started to swirl that Anderson could end up in Westwood thanks to the big-city appeal. But now back on the East coast, he has visits set up to Seton Hall, St. John's and Georgetown in the coming weeks.

Adam Zagoria of ZagsBlog.com reported today that the point-forward will visit Seton Hall on Thursday, then Georgetown next Tuesday, followed by a trip to St. John's a day later. He is also still considering Florida. How these upcoming visits go could go a long ways towards determining if Anderson stays East or heads West. If we had to guess right now based on all the reports, UCLA and St. John's appear to be the favorites, with Seton Hall right behind them and Georgetown and Florida being longer shots.

We'll keep you posted with updates all the way through Anderson's decision day."

Confirming what we basically already know, but it's nice to hear St John's mentioned as favorites again.

« Reply #1184 on: August 31, 2011, 06:43:37 PM »
Fordham - you are at the very least predictible.

Comparing Murph to OSU and KA to SHU is not fair for the sole reason that SHU is the home state school in this race. They are/have become the long shot though.

That being said, I have said I had a gut feeling that Kyle was going to shock people and sign with SHU and I still do. As a SJU fan I hope I am wrong but like I have said, in the end I think he will want to play as close to his Father as possible. That is the ONLY reason I think he picks SHU.

Actually, if you wanna be technical about it....  Kyle will be as close, if not closer to his father attending St. John's rather than Seton Hall.  Not to mention, his mother does reside in Harlem.

mj don't worry I already know the shell game he is playing.  I nailed it from day one.  And it has already been confirmed.  The idea that I am predictable and he is not is laughable.  As you put it, the idea that South Orange is that much closer then MSG is also laughable.  He is straight up lying saying that is the only reason he is "predicting this" and I think it is clearly obvious to everyone.

He has turned from a respectable poster into a joke.  And trust me he does not "think" anything, he HOPES based on what certain peole/friends of him want to happen.  There is mounting evidence to suggest that SJU is perhaps out in front, you would think a SJU fan, supposedly would be happy.  Nope, he still is predicting something different.

Take a few guesses why?

I will give you a few hints on what I mean.

Several weeks ago Dave and myself among others were talking about the strengths of various BE staffs relative to SJU.  Dave very reasonably said that SHU probably had the weakest BE staff.  Hard working and good people but in terms of recruiting prowess probably at the bottom.  Immediately one poster jumped to SHU's defense.  Guess who that was???

Then this supposed strong SJU fan consistently mentions how many SJU recruits still have not cleared, via the NCAA.  This in light of me mentioning SHU recruit Kevin Johnson having not cleared yet.

And now he is predicting SHU lands Kyle Anderson.

Notice a trend here?  I mean it does not take a genius to figure out that these are not isolated incidents and that there is a pattern here.

But I will leave that to other posters to decide.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 07:28:17 PM by fordham96 »

boo3

« Reply #1185 on: August 31, 2011, 06:55:16 PM »
 you guys are funny.

Best thread Ever

« Reply #1186 on: August 31, 2011, 11:01:48 PM »
Holy Shite. People on here could solve murders on the I.D channel :)

Seriously though as a person who drives by and can't stop staring at car accidents I find this thread  must read every single day. I can't wait till the internet get together that we will all have. Will be a lot of fun. Now we just need PMG to get Lenn Robbins to come again to make it a battle royal
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 11:27:24 PM by mjmaherjr »

« Reply #1187 on: August 31, 2011, 11:18:45 PM »
"Kyle Anderson is arguably one of the most important (and intriguing) recruits in the class of 2012, and he is now three weeks away from his Sept. 20 decision date.

After another trip out West to visit UCLA, some rumors started to swirl that Anderson could end up in Westwood thanks to the big-city appeal. But now back on the East coast, he has visits set up to Seton Hall, St. John's and Georgetown in the coming weeks.

Adam Zagoria of ZagsBlog.com reported today that the point-forward will visit Seton Hall on Thursday, then Georgetown next Tuesday, followed by a trip to St. John's a day later. He is also still considering Florida. How these upcoming visits go could go a long ways towards determining if Anderson stays East or heads West. If we had to guess right now based on all the reports, UCLA and St. John's appear to be the favorites, with Seton Hall right behind them and Georgetown and Florida being longer shots.

We'll keep you posted with updates all the way through Anderson's decision day."

Confirming what we basically already know, but it's nice to hear St John's mentioned as favorites again.

Anyone who really thinks that SHU has a legitimate shot at landing Anderson is a fool.  For those of you who think that Florida and Georgetown are long shots....you're in the same category.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 08:35:05 AM by jumpinjohnny »

« Reply #1188 on: August 31, 2011, 11:43:39 PM »
Anyone who really thinks that SHU has a legitimate shot at landing Anderson is a fool.  For those of you who think that Florida and Georgetown are long shots....you're in the same category.

G'town fan, right?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 11:44:24 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #1189 on: August 31, 2011, 11:52:39 PM »

dR3w

« Reply #1190 on: September 01, 2011, 08:48:13 AM »

It is a nice statement, but very ambiguous.  I mean you can't ever prove it.  You think that after the decision is made that KA is gonna come out and say that one of these teams was a long shot for him? 

All this guessing stuff is really kind of funny, and interesting to read.  In the end he will pick one school.  I hope it is St. Johns.  If it isn't, then I wish him the best in college except when he plays against St John's.

pmg911

« Reply #1191 on: September 01, 2011, 09:04:36 AM »
Fordham - you are right - I am secretly hoping that Kyle Anderson lands at Seton Hall solely because I met Kevin Willard at the NJ DMV in April (that actually did happen).

I really am not a St. John's fan and all the money I have given to the school and spent on season tickets for myself since 1993 has been a complete waste of time and hard work. I only do it to keep up the elaborate charade to hide my true feelings of wanting to be a Seton Hall Pirate (the University my Father attended)

Also. . I am not a fan because I have a gut feeling that a high school senior is going to pick a rival school to attend because that school is in his home state and close to the Father that has controlled every aspect of the young man’s basketball life since he was born.

p.s. - in 1996, I spoke to Billy Donovan about a possible graduate assistant job @ Florida, does that mean I want Kyle to go to Florida instead of St. John's too.

pmg911

« Reply #1192 on: September 01, 2011, 09:55:43 AM »
Then this supposed strong SJU fan consistently mentions how many SJU recruits still have not cleared, via the NCAA.  This in light of me mentioning SHU recruit Kevin Johnson having not cleared yet

Please do tell how many times I have mentioned/questioned the eligibilty of players. The topic has certainly come up but its not something that is consistently spoken about anywhere on this board.

Can any poster on this board say with 100% certainty that every recruit we have committed for this coming season has gotten through the NCAA Clearinghouse..? As a St. John's fan that is of course something that I am worried about, especially in regards to the kids that attended class at RISE this summer. Let's all be honest, if there were no issue with those kids getting through the Clearinghouse they would have been attending summer school at St. John's. Its a problem that every school is dealing with right now because sadly, a lot of these kids worry more about athletics than academics in high school.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 11:41:54 AM by pmg911 »

« Reply #1193 on: September 01, 2011, 10:01:15 AM »
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Gumby

« Reply #1194 on: September 01, 2011, 12:33:04 PM »
Wow, seeing Fordham and PMG going out it reminds me when we were back in NYC and Mike and the Mad Dog would attack each other. 

There is a bit of humor in their back and forth.  A poster with "Fordham" in his name thinks another poster is a closet SH fan.

You two are among the most knowledgeable posters on this site.  I think you are both suffering from what many of us have, a good case of the nerves.  Note- MJ, I did not say I was worried. We cannot wait until 9/20.

I checked with my Coach Lavin bobblehead again today and he winked at me when I asked if KA will be wearing red on 9/20.  Does any one need more proof than that?  9/20 will literally be a red banner day for KA and St. John's.

Seriously, you all have heard of the adage of "follow the money".  In this case, I am convinced with KA it will be "follow the family", stay in NYC.

« Reply #1195 on: September 01, 2011, 01:11:51 PM »
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 01:12:38 PM by Choz4Life »
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #1196 on: September 01, 2011, 02:01:41 PM »

In the words of Bernie Mac in Oceans 13 - "Nuff Said"

« Reply #1197 on: September 01, 2011, 02:19:42 PM »

It is a nice statement, but very ambiguous.  I mean you can't ever prove it.  You think that after the decision is made that KA is gonna come out and say that one of these teams was a long shot for him? 

All this guessing stuff is really kind of funny, and interesting to read.  In the end he will pick one school.  I hope it is St. Johns.  If it isn't, then I wish him the best in college except when he plays against St John's.

I just don't see how this kid, who is considered a program changer by most, would commit to SHU.  For the record, I am a huge Hoya fan and I am obviously pulling for KA to pick Georgetown.  Would I rather be in SJU's position right now?  Yes.  I think you are well positioned and unless Shabbaz committed to UCLA right now (which is not going to happen), I have a bit of a hard time seeing Kyle make that leap of faith unless he was sure his buddy would later join.  So as of now, IMHO, its probably SJU in the top position, followed by UCLA, Georgetown, Florida and finally SHU.  I do believe Georgetown has a legit shot for a few reasons...(1) he grew up a Hoya fan, (2) JT3 has been on Kyle since his freshman year, (3) he fits perfectly into our offense and Coach Hurley has gone as far as to say that, (4) he remains in the BE on a competative team.

In the event that he does commit elsewhere, I'm hoping its the Johnies as I believe he'd be great in the BE and it would put SJU among the top few teams in the BE where you belong.

« Reply #1198 on: September 01, 2011, 02:48:08 PM »
I just don't see how this kid, who is considered a program changer by most, would commit to SHU.  For the record, I am a huge Hoya fan and I am obviously pulling for KA to pick Georgetown.  Would I rather be in SJU's position right now?  Yes.  I think you are well positioned and unless Shabbaz committed to UCLA right now (which is not going to happen), I have a bit of a hard time seeing Kyle make that leap of faith unless he was sure his buddy would later join.  So as of now, IMHO, its probably SJU in the top position, followed by UCLA, Georgetown, Florida and finally SHU.  I do believe Georgetown has a legit shot for a few reasons...(1) he grew up a Hoya fan, (2) JT3 has been on Kyle since his freshman year, (3) he fits perfectly into our offense and Coach Hurley has gone as far as to say that, (4) he remains in the BE on a competative team.

In the event that he does commit elsewhere, I'm hoping its the Johnies as I believe he'd be great in the BE and it would put SJU among the top few teams in the BE where you belong.

I've seen situations where I couldn't see a kid committing to a certain school and it happens anyhow.  So, stranger things have happened.  LOL   Could Kyle end up at UCLA?  Sure!  But, kids talk about playing with one another often and many times it never comes to fruition.  Not to mention, Muhammad may add more schools to his list.  So, it seems he's not ready to commit any time soon.  Time will tell.  On a sidnote: UCLA fans better be careful, as Cal is certainly lurking.

The order you've placed the teams could very, well be true.  But we'll never know, as I seriously doubt Kyle will tell fans or coaches of the respective schools the pecking order after committing somewhere.  Hopefully, as long as the Johnnies are numero uno in the pecking order then I'm fine.  I'm sure you feel the same way about your respective team.  LOL

I'll say you make solid points on why you feel your team has a legit shot.  I'll say this....  Kyle can fit into any system.  Not just saying that because the Johnnies play a different style than G'town, but I've seen him play enough times to believe that to be the case.  I think he was initially pidgeoned-hole.  Now, I believe most hoop guys know he can fit in anywhere.

Yes, I've heard Kyle grew up a UNC and G'town fan.  Basically, it was due to those were the first basketball's he was given.  Sometimes, people have weird or insigificant reasons to like a team while growing up.  Sometimes, it sticks and you continue to root for that particular team, while other times it may wander.  Not to mention, being a fan of a team just isn't always enough on other occasions.  Nevertheless, you've made some good points.

Lastly, I'm a bit shocked you'd rather Anderson head to the St. John's, if he doesn't head to your school.  You sure you're not pulling our legs?  LOL  Just clownin'!  I guess you missed the games (St. John's/G'town) in the 80's.  LOL  Thanks for wishing us luck.

We've been down for too long and we're ready to be a part of the nation's elite again.  The Johnnies are on a good start, and hope Kyle is ready to join us in the resurrection of the program.     

« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 02:49:10 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #1199 on: September 01, 2011, 03:16:29 PM »

I've seen situations where I couldn't see a kid committing to a certain school and it happens anyhow.  So, stranger things have happened.  LOL   Could Kyle end up at UCLA?  Sure!  But, kids talk about playing with one another often and many times it never comes to fruition.  Not to mention, Muhammad may add more schools to his list.  So, it seems he's not ready to commit any time soon.  Time will tell.  On a sidnote: UCLA fans better be careful, as Cal is certainly lurking.

The order you've placed the teams could very, well be true.  But we'll never know, as I seriously doubt Kyle will tell fans or coaches of the respective schools the pecking order after committing somewhere.  Hopefully, as long as the Johnnies are numero uno in the pecking order then I'm fine.  I'm sure you feel the same way about your respective team.  LOL

I'll say you make solid points on why you feel your team has a legit shot.  I'll say this....  Kyle can fit into any system.  Not just saying that because the Johnnies play a different style than G'town, but I've seen him play enough times to believe that to be the case.  I think he was initially pidgeoned-hole.  Now, I believe most hoop guys know he can fit in anywhere.

Yes, I've heard Kyle grew up a UNC and G'town fan.  Basically, it was due to those were the first basketball's he was given.  Sometimes, people have weird or insigificant reasons to like a team while growing up.  Sometimes, it sticks and you continue to root for that particular team, while other times it may wander.  Not to mention, being a fan of a team just isn't always enough on other occasions.  Nevertheless, you've made some good points.

Lastly, I'm a bit shocked you'd rather Anderson head to the St. John's, if he doesn't head to your school.  You sure you're not pulling our legs?  LOL  Just clownin'!  I guess you missed the games (St. John's/G'town) in the 80's.  LOL  Thanks for wishing us luck.

We've been down for too long and we're ready to be a part of the nation's elite again.  The Johnnies are on a good start, and hope Kyle is ready to join us in the resurrection of the program.     

I agree that KA could fit into almost any system.  The kid just knows how to win and that translates to any style of play.  For the record, as a kid ...I watched all those SJU/G'town games.  I liked blue better than red...so the Hoyas became my team...LOL!.  For you youngins on this board who have never seen the games between Patick and Chris....make it a point of watching them...they are trully epic and are a big part of why the BE is what it is today.  Finally, if the Hoyas can't have Kyle, we'd want to play him.  No better place than SJU.  Can't even imagine how electric the Garden would be for the BET...wow!  In any case, we'll know soon enough.  Good luck to you guys.