Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies

Moose

Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #1200 on: September 01, 2011, 04:46:15 PM »
I just don't see how this kid, who is considered a program changer by most, would commit to SHU.  For the record, I am a huge Hoya fan and I am obviously pulling for KA to pick Georgetown.  Would I rather be in SJU's position right now?  Yes.  I think you are well positioned and unless Shabbaz committed to UCLA right now (which is not going to happen), I have a bit of a hard time seeing Kyle make that leap of faith unless he was sure his buddy would later join.  So as of now, IMHO, its probably SJU in the top position, followed by UCLA, Georgetown, Florida and finally SHU.  I do believe Georgetown has a legit shot for a few reasons...(1) he grew up a Hoya fan, (2) JT3 has been on Kyle since his freshman year, (3) he fits perfectly into our offense and Coach Hurley has gone as far as to say that, (4) he remains in the BE on a competative team.

In the event that he does commit elsewhere, I'm hoping its the Johnies as I believe he'd be great in the BE and it would put SJU among the top few teams in the BE where you belong.

I've seen situations where I couldn't see a kid committing to a certain school and it happens anyhow.  So, stranger things have happened.  LOL   Could Kyle end up at UCLA?  Sure!  But, kids talk about playing with one another often and many times it never comes to fruition.  Not to mention, Muhammad may add more schools to his list.  So, it seems he's not ready to commit any time soon.  Time will tell.  On a sidnote: UCLA fans better be careful, as Cal is certainly lurking.

The order you've placed the teams could very, well be true.  But we'll never know, as I seriously doubt Kyle will tell fans or coaches of the respective schools the pecking order after committing somewhere.  Hopefully, as long as the Johnnies are numero uno in the pecking order then I'm fine.  I'm sure you feel the same way about your respective team.  LOL

I'll say you make solid points on why you feel your team has a legit shot.  I'll say this....  Kyle can fit into any system.  Not just saying that because the Johnnies play a different style than G'town, but I've seen him play enough times to believe that to be the case.  I think he was initially pidgeoned-hole.  Now, I believe most hoop guys know he can fit in anywhere.

Yes, I've heard Kyle grew up a UNC and G'town fan.  Basically, it was due to those were the first basketball's he was given.  Sometimes, people have weird or insigificant reasons to like a team while growing up.  Sometimes, it sticks and you continue to root for that particular team, while other times it may wander.  Not to mention, being a fan of a team just isn't always enough on other occasions.  Nevertheless, you've made some good points.

Lastly, I'm a bit shocked you'd rather Anderson head to the St. John's, if he doesn't head to your school.  You sure you're not pulling our legs?  LOL  Just clownin'!  I guess you missed the games (St. John's/G'town) in the 80's.  LOL  Thanks for wishing us luck.

We've been down for too long and we're ready to be a part of the nation's elite again.  The Johnnies are on a good start, and hope Kyle is ready to join us in the resurrection of the program.     

I agree that KA could fit into almost any system.  The kid just knows how to win and that translates to any style of play.  For the record, as a kid ...I watched all those SJU/G'town games.  I liked blue better than red...so the Hoyas became my team...LOL!.  For you youngins on this board who have never seen the games between Patick and Chris....make it a point of watching them...they are trully epic and are a big part of why the BE is what it is today.  Finally, if the Hoyas can't have Kyle, we'd want to play him.  No better place than SJU.  Can't even imagine how electric the Garden would be for the BET...wow!  In any case, we'll know soon enough.  Good luck to you guys.

First Dave and PMG are agreeing on things.
Now Dink and a Gtown fan are making nice.
What is going on with this world?!?! :)
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #1201 on: September 01, 2011, 05:15:15 PM »
I just don't see how this kid, who is considered a program changer by most, would commit to SHU.  For the record, I am a huge Hoya fan and I am obviously pulling for KA to pick Georgetown.  Would I rather be in SJU's position right now?  Yes.  I think you are well positioned and unless Shabbaz committed to UCLA right now (which is not going to happen), I have a bit of a hard time seeing Kyle make that leap of faith unless he was sure his buddy would later join.  So as of now, IMHO, its probably SJU in the top position, followed by UCLA, Georgetown, Florida and finally SHU.  I do believe Georgetown has a legit shot for a few reasons...(1) he grew up a Hoya fan, (2) JT3 has been on Kyle since his freshman year, (3) he fits perfectly into our offense and Coach Hurley has gone as far as to say that, (4) he remains in the BE on a competative team.

In the event that he does commit elsewhere, I'm hoping its the Johnies as I believe he'd be great in the BE and it would put SJU among the top few teams in the BE where you belong.

I've seen situations where I couldn't see a kid committing to a certain school and it happens anyhow.  So, stranger things have happened.  LOL   Could Kyle end up at UCLA?  Sure!  But, kids talk about playing with one another often and many times it never comes to fruition.  Not to mention, Muhammad may add more schools to his list.  So, it seems he's not ready to commit any time soon.  Time will tell.  On a sidnote: UCLA fans better be careful, as Cal is certainly lurking.

The order you've placed the teams could very, well be true.  But we'll never know, as I seriously doubt Kyle will tell fans or coaches of the respective schools the pecking order after committing somewhere.  Hopefully, as long as the Johnnies are numero uno in the pecking order then I'm fine.  I'm sure you feel the same way about your respective team.  LOL

I'll say you make solid points on why you feel your team has a legit shot.  I'll say this....  Kyle can fit into any system.  Not just saying that because the Johnnies play a different style than G'town, but I've seen him play enough times to believe that to be the case.  I think he was initially pidgeoned-hole.  Now, I believe most hoop guys know he can fit in anywhere.

Yes, I've heard Kyle grew up a UNC and G'town fan.  Basically, it was due to those were the first basketball's he was given.  Sometimes, people have weird or insigificant reasons to like a team while growing up.  Sometimes, it sticks and you continue to root for that particular team, while other times it may wander.  Not to mention, being a fan of a team just isn't always enough on other occasions.  Nevertheless, you've made some good points.

Lastly, I'm a bit shocked you'd rather Anderson head to the St. John's, if he doesn't head to your school.  You sure you're not pulling our legs?  LOL  Just clownin'!  I guess you missed the games (St. John's/G'town) in the 80's.  LOL  Thanks for wishing us luck.

We've been down for too long and we're ready to be a part of the nation's elite again.  The Johnnies are on a good start, and hope Kyle is ready to join us in the resurrection of the program.     

I agree that KA could fit into almost any system.  The kid just knows how to win and that translates to any style of play.  For the record, as a kid ...I watched all those SJU/G'town games.  I liked blue better than red...so the Hoyas became my team...LOL!.  For you youngins on this board who have never seen the games between Patick and Chris....make it a point of watching them...they are trully epic and are a big part of why the BE is what it is today.  Finally, if the Hoyas can't have Kyle, we'd want to play him.  No better place than SJU.  Can't even imagine how electric the Garden would be for the BET...wow!  In any case, we'll know soon enough.  Good luck to you guys.

First Dave and PMG are agreeing on things.
Now Dink and a Gtown fan are making nice.
What is going on with this world?!?! :)
It's the "Kyle Effect" - he has a way of distributing the rock around and keeping everybody happy  ;D  I think Kyle will thrive wherever he goes.  But to the hungriest school where the pieces are already in place, and give us that taste of success after 10+ long years...well, that will be night and day from a school that expects to do it all the time, regardless.  I know what I'd choose in a heart beat.

Marillac

« Reply #1202 on: September 01, 2011, 06:39:19 PM »
This thread is disgusting. 

boo3

« Reply #1203 on: September 01, 2011, 07:08:41 PM »
  "There is a bit of humor in their back and forth.  A poster with "Fordham" in his name thinks another poster is a closet SH fan"  - Gumby

^^  this made me chuckle

« Reply #1204 on: September 01, 2011, 07:47:58 PM »
Kyle Anderson also has home visits set w/ UCLA (Sept. 10), Fla. (Sept. 12) & SHU (Sept. 18). SJU & Gtown not yet set
1 hour ago via Mobile Web

http://twitter.com/#!/AdamZagoria/status/109388451882860544

gman

« Reply #1205 on: September 01, 2011, 07:50:24 PM »
Kyle Anderson also has home visits set w/ UCLA (Sept. 10), Fla. (Sept. 12) & SHU (Sept. 18). SJU & Gtown not yet set

Why are we not set?  Hopefully ours is the 19th

Moose

« Reply #1206 on: September 01, 2011, 07:56:07 PM »

Why are we not set?  Hopefully ours is the 19th

I don't think he will have any visits the 19th.
Nor do I think its necessary that we get/have an in home visit.

« Reply #1207 on: September 01, 2011, 08:10:04 PM »
According to Zagoria, he made the trip to SH today w/out his parents.

Moose

« Reply #1208 on: September 01, 2011, 08:20:36 PM »

Exactly.  I think the in homes are for the trips where both parents can't attend.

« Reply #1209 on: September 01, 2011, 08:28:16 PM »

Exactly.  I think the in homes are for the trips where both parents can't attend.

It sounds like that is the case now that I think of it.  Nevertheless, we still may get an in-home.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 08:29:57 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #1210 on: September 01, 2011, 08:29:21 PM »

How do we know both parents are going to G'town?

« Reply #1211 on: September 01, 2011, 08:30:40 PM »

Good point, hoopNUT.  I guess we'll find out next week. 

« Reply #1212 on: September 01, 2011, 08:32:59 PM »

When it comes to recruiting Dink, nothing ever makes sense.

Moose

« Reply #1213 on: September 01, 2011, 08:33:24 PM »

We don't.  Ask our Hoya friends.  They might know.

But it would add some rhyme or reason to it.  Both parents, different schedules.  Considering they mentioned both would be coming to STJ's visit.  Just throwing it out there.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 08:39:13 PM by Moose »

« Reply #1214 on: September 01, 2011, 08:36:10 PM »

When it comes to recruiting Dink, nothing ever makes sense.

LOL  This is true on several occasions.  By the way, I believe if we get an in-home (after the unofficial) then you can seal it.  Remember what Lute Olson said about Lavin when he get in-homes?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 08:37:39 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #1215 on: September 01, 2011, 09:17:21 PM »
The schedule is in flux, I don't think there is anything to it.

Gumby

« Reply #1216 on: September 01, 2011, 11:06:35 PM »
Folks,

I know things with KA's schedule might still be up in the air, but I just want to make sure that I have some idea of what might happen, so here goes:
*  8/29- Visit to UCLA (???)
*  9/1- Visit to SH
*  9/6- Visit to Gtwn
*  9/7- Visit to St. John's
*  9/10- UCLA (HV)
*  9/12- FL (HV)
*  9/16-17- Visit to FL
*  9/18- SH (HV)
*  9/20- Happy Birthday KA!

Missing:  Gtwn (HV) and St. John's (HV).

I am sure that I missed something, but I wanted to get a picture of some key dates.

« Reply #1217 on: September 02, 2011, 08:41:20 AM »
The Seton Hall board think they lead.

http://setonhall.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=330&tid=146908368&mid=146908368&sid=959&style=2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just before the visit I was starting to hear rumors that SHU might be back in the lead for Anderson. During the day (yesterday) that got confirmed and added to the positives coming out of his time on campus I now feel, pending of course his final 3 visits, that we are again in very good shape with the NJ star.

It's imperative that SHU fans now follow up on the good feelings of his unofficial yesterday by attending his opening game in the Paterson Fall League next Wed

« Reply #1218 on: September 02, 2011, 09:09:30 AM »

http://setonhall.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=330&tid=146908368&mid=146908368&sid=959&style=2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just before the visit I was starting to hear rumors that SHU might be back in the lead for Anderson. During the day (yesterday) that got confirmed and added to the positives coming out of his time on campus I now feel, pending of course his final 3 visits, that we are again in very good shape with the NJ star.

It's imperative that SHU fans now follow up on the good feelings of his unofficial yesterday by attending his opening game in the Paterson Fall League next Wed

IMO, you're gonna hear someone, from each respective school, say the same after his visits.  I'll also add that I would rather have the last in-home visit, instead of the Hall.  We'll see how things shape up, as things can change. 
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 09:18:25 AM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #1219 on: September 02, 2011, 10:20:14 AM »

IMO, you're gonna hear someone, from each respective school, say the same after his visits.  I'll also add that I would rather have the last in-home visit, instead of the Hall.  We'll see how things shape up, as things can change.

So a SHU fan writing on an SHU board after Kyle's visit to SHU says he hears SHU leads, mind you pending his 3 other visits.  Shocking!!!!!

And I thought he would say Georgetown leads for him...