Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies
Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #1240 on: September 03, 2011, 03:01:44 PM »
I still stand by my belief that when he scheduled his announcement date, he was pretty sure on where he wanted to go and probably still is.  I still feel quite confident for quite a few reasons including info from some very good sources on these boards.  We offer too many advantages for Kyle that it is a no-brainer.  We can field talent like UCLA does, but also be a short drive from home, have msg, great staff. Etc.  Furthermore a new mantra we must heed.  There are few certainties in life like Death, Taxes and Lavin landing his guy...

I agree. I don't understand why any kid in the right mind would schedule a date unless he already knew where he was going. It doesn't really make sense to me.

« Reply #1241 on: September 03, 2011, 05:05:11 PM »
Dave,
I know you have met KA numerous times and have expressed how great a personality he has.  With the next few weeks going to be a whirlwind for KA, I though we might be able to help him get through his final screening processes.  I know whenever and wherever he finishes one of his campus visits he has to give a parting talk.  So here is where we can help KA.  We can provide him with a template so he can give credit to the schools involved.

How is this for a sample:
"I want to thank the school and the coach for taking the time to give me a tour.  I "normally" (for the SH faction) do not talk this much, but you have a good coach, a good program and a nice campus.  Was that really pizza I had for lunch?  Does it really cost $$$ to have my family come out to attend each of my games? (for the FL and UCLA factions) I can honestly can state that you are one of the five schools in the lead for my services.  Did you fan website really only have 72 posts on my possibly coming to your school?  Are you sure that was pizza we had for lunch?  Yes, I will answer a question.  My favorite colors are red and white.  Is that a problem?  I am sorry that you did not get an invitation for my party on 9/20.  It must have got lost in the mail.  Once again, thanks everyone!"

Dave, I am sure that KA would appreciate our help in this busy times.

I'm confused
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

lihoop

« Reply #1242 on: September 03, 2011, 05:28:06 PM »
Give the kid some props, he's looking at all of his options and trying to make an informed decision.
Nobody knows if he's made up his mind except for maybe he and his parents.

RedVet

« Reply #1243 on: September 03, 2011, 10:52:33 PM »
Dave,
I know you have met KA numerous times and have expressed how great a personality he has.  With the next few weeks going to be a whirlwind for KA, I though we might be able to help him get through his final screening processes.  I know whenever and wherever he finishes one of his campus visits he has to give a parting talk.  So here is where we can help KA.  We can provide him with a template so he can give credit to the schools involved.

How is this for a sample:
"I want to thank the school and the coach for taking the time to give me a tour.  I "normally" (for the SH faction) do not talk this much, but you have a good coach, a good program and a nice campus.  Was that really pizza I had for lunch?  Does it really cost $$$ to have my family come out to attend each of my games? (for the FL and UCLA factions) I can honestly can state that you are one of the five schools in the lead for my services.  Did you fan website really only have 72 posts on my possibly coming to your school?  Are you sure that was pizza we had for lunch?  Yes, I will answer a question.  My favorite colors are red and white.  Is that a problem?  I am sorry that you did not get an invitation for my party on 9/20.  It must have got lost in the mail.  Once again, thanks everyone!"

Dave, I am sure that KA would appreciate our help in this busy times.

I'm confused

That's makes two of us ... and probably a lot more.

« Reply #1244 on: September 04, 2011, 01:30:36 PM »
I still stand by my belief that when he scheduled his announcement date, he was pretty sure on where he wanted to go and probably still is.  I still feel quite confident for quite a few reasons including info from some very good sources on these boards.  We offer too many advantages for Kyle that it is a no-brainer.  We can field talent like UCLA does, but also be a short drive from home, have msg, great staff. Etc.  Furthermore a new mantra we must heed.  There are few certainties in life like Death, Taxes and Lavin landing his guy...

I agree. I don't understand why any kid in the right mind would schedule a date unless he already knew where he was going. It doesn't really make sense to me.

I agree that Kyle knows where he has wanted to go for awhile now.  However, we all have the tendcy to like our team chances no matter who we root for, it's called Kool-Aiditis;)  Now that doesn't mean that Kyle won't end up choosing the Johnnies, but I wouldn't take anything that fans think and say/write to seriously unless they have inside/direct information on a prospect.  I'm just being realistic and honest from my experiences in the past with these type of things.

Go Johnnies!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 01:32:30 PM by Lapchick1 »

« Reply #1245 on: September 05, 2011, 01:47:17 PM »
Any word on whether an in home visit has been scheduled?

« Reply #1246 on: September 05, 2011, 01:50:19 PM »
Per Zags....

As for St. John’s, Anderson would enter in 2012 when most of Steve Lavin’s heralded 2011 recruiting class will have a year under their belts and will be sophomores.

“He’d make them better,” Konchalski said. “He makes people better. He’s a recruiting magnet. Kids like to play with him because he gives the ball up. He really sees the floor. He is a gifted passer in much the same sense that Chris Mullin was a gifted passer. Chris Mullin made some touch passes where he never even really caught the ball. He would sort of direct the angle of his hands.

“Kyle Anderson will get an offensive rebound and tip it to a guy who’s free for a layup. He just is so smart.”

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/09/05/anderson-set-for-georgetown-st-johns-visits/

« Reply #1247 on: September 05, 2011, 01:51:08 PM »
Any word on whether an in home visit has been scheduled?

Nope....  Not sure we may even get one.  I'm still hoping we do.

« Reply #1248 on: September 05, 2011, 02:06:02 PM »
Don't sweat the in-home.  Both his parents are going to be there and the whole SJU team will be on campus by Wed.  That should tell you a lot.

« Reply #1249 on: September 05, 2011, 04:24:08 PM »
Kyle nearing a decision:

But the highly regarded prospect still has a ways to go before he’s ready to make a pledge. Anderson, who just visited Seton Hall and UCLA, will visit Georgetown on Tuesday, St. John’s on Wednesday and then Florida on the 16th.

“The morning of the 19th I’m going to make a decision and on the 20th I’ll release it,” Anderson, who will be announcing on his 18th birthday, said.

Anderson’s most recent visit was to Seton Hall this past weekend.

“The visit went well,” Anderson said. “The student body showed e a lot of love. I had a great talk with the coaches and everything was great.”

“I did everything,” he added. “I saw everybody on campus. I watched the team work out. I met the coaches and everybody and the managers.”

Just prior to visiting Kevin Willard and the Pirates, Anderson went by UCLA.

“That trip was great,” Anderson said. “I had a good talk with coach [Ben] Howland. I didn’t get to see anybody since they were in school. I had a good talk with coach.”

Word has circulated that Shabazz Muhammad and Anderson have discussed the possibility of playing together. While Anderson says it has been discussed, he’s making his own college decision.

“We are real close,” he said about his relationship with Muhammad. “We talked

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1103008.html

gman

« Reply #1250 on: September 05, 2011, 04:39:39 PM »
I don't quite get the ka and shabazz link. Ka is deciding from 5 schools next week. Shabazz sounds like he is no where near making a decision and had a ton of schools on his list. Sounds to me like Kyle is picking his school and if he chooses ucla maybe there is a change.down the lime of shabazz commiting. I don't think Kyle.is making his decision based on shabazz.

« Reply #1251 on: September 05, 2011, 05:03:56 PM »
Does anyone know what time he will be on campus for the visit ?

Poison

« Reply #1252 on: September 05, 2011, 05:13:34 PM »
[hashtag]Yyh[/hashtag]"This is disgusting"

Kyle Anderson said after being asked if he was enjoying his visit to Seton Hall.

« Reply #1253 on: September 05, 2011, 05:17:25 PM »

Kyle Anderson said after being asked if he was enjoying his visit to Seton Hall.

Where and who is owns this twitter page Poison?

« Reply #1254 on: September 05, 2011, 05:58:15 PM »

I don't believe that is a legit page. 

Gumby

« Reply #1256 on: September 05, 2011, 08:42:55 PM »
Since when are we believing other schools' websites and emails?

What a shocker, UCLA thinks it leads!  I thought SH though it was in the lead.  Watch tomorrow it will be Georgetown in the lead!  That is the price we have to pay, reading posts from the other contenders for KA.

Most of the UCLA message was old stuff any way.

The whole geography thing is a big question.  Why would KA, who is very close to his family, want to play 3,000 miles away, when he has the coach, coaching staff, already committed teammates (not may be recruits), NYC, and  MSG, all within a long 3 pointer from his home?

I am sure we will see more of the other finalists plugging away via their websites for KA's services within the next 15 days.

MCNPA

« Reply #1257 on: September 05, 2011, 08:51:50 PM »
Since when are we believing other schools' websites and emails?

What a shocker, UCLA thinks it leads!  I thought SH though it was in the lead.  Watch tomorrow it will be Georgetown in the lead!  That is the price we have to pay, reading posts from the other contenders for KA.

Most of the UCLA message was old stuff any way.

The whole geography thing is a big question.  Why would KA, who is very close to his family, want to play 3,000 miles away, when he has the coach, coaching staff, already committed teammates (not may be recruits), NYC, and  MSG, all within a long 3 pointer from his home?

I am sure we will see more of the other finalists plugging away via their websites for KA's services within the next 15 days.

Suggestive efforts by UCLA guys.  "Our sources say"...cmon.  Weak.  They continue to cite the Muhammad stuff, but I don't think it will play into KA's decision.  SJU has top wings as well and Darrick Wood coming on next year who he knows a lot better than Muhammad.  He's got Edwin at the Hall as well.  Friends abound, it isn't going to be the decision maker.  Kyle will ultimately choose where he wants to play ball. 

Wait... Mentalo is telling me Kyle Anderson is headed to SJU!!!   :2funny:

Poison

« Reply #1258 on: September 05, 2011, 09:05:33 PM »

The owner is me. It was a joke. I thought that was completely obvious. Sorry.

« Reply #1259 on: September 05, 2011, 10:02:39 PM »

The owner is me. It was a joke. I thought that was completely obvious. Sorry.

;D :) ;) ;D
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 10:03:52 PM by fordham96 »