Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies
Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #1280 on: September 06, 2011, 06:14:04 PM »
Kyle Anderson isn't choosing his destination based on what the weather is like tomorrow.  It's always sunny under the lights of MSG.

It would be nice to good weather but he lives in New Jersey, he knows what northeast rain is like. 

« Reply #1281 on: September 06, 2011, 06:17:32 PM »
So...what are the odds this thread hits 2,000 before the 20th?   :)
I'll do 2 responses to you cr to break 1280  :2funny:

cr - you do believe Kyle is staying East coast, no?  Will Willard pull a rabbit out of his hat, with Kyle taking much bigger risk for no deep tourney runs before he's gone?

« Reply #1282 on: September 06, 2011, 06:20:36 PM »

How far will SJ's jump ahead of UCLA in team rankings if we land Kyle? UCLA is currently 12, us 20.  I say it makes us at least top 7 slipping ahead of Nova (unless they get AJ).

« Reply #1283 on: September 06, 2011, 06:54:28 PM »
Reaction to G'town:

Kyle Anderson spent Tuesday on an unofficial visit to Georgetown and said it went well.

“The Georgetown visit was great,” the 6-foot-8 St. Anthony point guard said by text. “I met with Coach [John] Thompson [III]. We viewed the campus. We watched film and I also met big coach [John Thompson Jr.)."

Anderson is also friendly with incoming Georgetown guard Jabril Trawick, his former teammate with the Playaz Basketball Club. Trawick played in the New York IS8 spring league alongside Rutgers freshman Myles Mack, Anderson's former Paterson Catholic and St. Anthony teammate.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/09/06/anderson-talks-georgetown-visit/

RedVet

« Reply #1284 on: September 06, 2011, 07:42:58 PM »
... It's always sunny under the lights of MSG.

Guess you haven't been to many Knicks games over the past 10 years or so.

« Reply #1285 on: September 06, 2011, 08:30:55 PM »
Reaction to G'town:

Kyle Anderson spent Tuesday on an unofficial visit to Georgetown and said it went well.

“The Georgetown visit was great,” the 6-foot-8 St. Anthony point guard said by text. “I met with Coach [John] Thompson [III]. We viewed the campus. We watched film and I also met big coach [John Thompson Jr.)."

Anderson is also friendly with incoming Georgetown guard Jabril Trawick, his former teammate with the Playaz Basketball Club. Trawick played in the New York IS8 spring league alongside Rutgers freshman Myles Mack, Anderson's former Paterson Catholic and St. Anthony teammate.

I've noticed "Big" John has been helping JTIII recruit lately. 

boo3

« Reply #1286 on: September 06, 2011, 09:17:50 PM »
Reaction to G'town:

He should help him coach also.

crgreen

« Reply #1287 on: September 06, 2011, 09:29:51 PM »

cr - you do believe Kyle is staying East coast, no?  Will Willard pull a rabbit out of his hat, with Kyle taking much bigger risk for no deep tourney runs before he's gone?

Hey.  UCLA fan here.  I HOPE he goes to Westwood (I think UCLA hangs their 12th banner with him).  But my gut feeling is he'll be at St. Johns (where he'll raise the team from very good to elite, but not necessarily championship level), unless there's something more going on than has been reported. 

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #1288 on: September 07, 2011, 01:38:41 AM »

Hey.  UCLA fan here.  I HOPE he goes to Westwood (I think UCLA hangs their 12th banner with him).  But my gut feeling is he'll be at St. Johns (where he'll raise the team from very good to elite, but not necessarily championship level), unless there's something more going on than has been reported.

I don't really get how you think UCLA would be a championship team with him and St. John's wouldn't be... Not saying that St. John's necessarily would be, but I definitely don't think UCLA has a better team in 2012, as it stands now, than St. John's would.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 01:39:16 AM by thetruth8734 »

crgreen

« Reply #1289 on: September 07, 2011, 02:20:11 AM »

I don't really get how you think UCLA would be a championship team with him and St. John's wouldn't be... Not saying that St. John's necessarily would be, but I definitely don't think UCLA has a better team in 2012, as it stands now, than St. John's would.

Well, THIS is the 2012 season, and neither has him!  :)

Anyway.  SJU has some outstanding talent coming in.   But if Kyle arrives as a frosh for the 2013 season, he will be only 1 of 1 or possibly 2 McDonalds All America level players on the team.   In 2013, should he choose UCLA, he could be one of as many as 7 in the UCLA lineup.    I think if Kyle comes to UCLA, Reeves Nelson  (NOT one of those 7!) might stick around for his senior year, and Josh Smith might stick around for his junior year to play with him and Shabazz Mohammad (who my gut says is a UCLA lock as much as it says Kyle is a SJU lock).   

That's not saying SJU COULDN'T win in 2013.  Just that I think it'll be at least three years - till SJU's 2011 class are Jrs & Srs, and the 2012 recrutis ar Sophs and Jrs, that they're a LIKELY championship level team.     And if, as I suspect, Kyle ends up as the #1 or at worst #2 ranked recruit in the entire 2012 class, It's a virtual certainty he's gone pro before that time comes.  Since the year 2000, not a single consensus #1 or #2 recruit has still been in college for his Jr season (the last was Kevin Torbert!), and only 3 were still in school as sophmores - and two of those were THIS past seasons frosh Jared Sullinger and Harrison Barnes, who likely don't stay without the threat of the NBA lockout (the other was Josh McRoberts - who left DURING his soph season at Duke)....

« Reply #1290 on: September 07, 2011, 08:27:51 AM »
Reaction to G'town:

wonder if louie will make an appearance today.

Gumby

« Reply #1291 on: September 07, 2011, 08:59:58 AM »
As far as we're concerned, it all starts with the play of Kyle Anderson. The 2012 prospect is tough to describe because he literally plays one through four for his team and he does it well. He can pass, is a cerebral scorer in the mid post, has toughness, is a leader and causes all kinds of problems for opponents. He's got Miami, Virginia Tech, LaSalle, Pittsburgh, St. John's, Xavier, Arizona and Virginia on him early and that list figures to get much longer before it shortens up.

http://rutgers.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1089671

I thought I would bring back our first post on a certain kid from NJ.  Who would have ever thought we would reach 1,300 posts on KA?  Note JJ's mention of potential schools back then.

« Reply #1292 on: September 07, 2011, 09:03:31 AM »
I noticed Anderson is playing in a league called Wednesday Night Fall Ball League out in Paterson (http://playazbasketball.org/id14.html).  It seems the Hall's "insider" is coordinating a mass gathering for the Hall fans to attend.  It's going to be a mess over on that board, if Anderson doesn't end up with Seton Hall in a couple of weeks.  It'll be even worse over there, if Anderson chooses St. John's. 

Are you attending Dave?  Any other fans attending?   

« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 09:04:39 AM by mjdinkins »

pmg911

« Reply #1293 on: September 07, 2011, 10:11:03 AM »
Does anyone have an idea what the school is doing for/with Kyle today..? I am sure a trip to the Garden is in the works but this weather really sucks for bringing him around the campus while classes are in session.

I would hope they have coordinated an effort with students to make everyone aware that there is a very important recruit on campus today.

« Reply #1294 on: September 07, 2011, 10:16:44 AM »

I would hope they have coordinated an effort with students to make everyone aware that there is a very important recruit on campus today.

No such effort was made to my knowledge.  Disappointing, the Redzone club should have organized something.

« Reply #1295 on: September 07, 2011, 10:20:17 AM »
Does anyone have an idea what the school is doing for/with Kyle today..? I am sure a trip to the Garden is in the works but this weather really sucks for bringing him around the campus while classes are in session.

I don't think he's picking a school based on some students chanting his name. To me that stuff is blown way out of proportion.

sju89tr

« Reply #1296 on: September 07, 2011, 10:26:38 AM »

I don't think he's picking a school based on some students chanting his name. To me that stuff is blown way out of proportion.

It seems pretty lame to me as well, the staff and current players need to do the recruiting, they would be his team mates, they know how much better team they would be with KA's talents running the point at his height.

« Reply #1297 on: September 07, 2011, 10:35:08 AM »

Thank you.

This stuff is just nonsense.  Right Steve Lavin is landing top 100 and top 50 kids left and right and is in tight with a top 5 2012 kid and is set to host him and his family today and yet he needs advice on how to recruit kids from some message board posters....

If I did not know better I would think some of you are plants from other schools looking to stir up trouble....LOL!!!

gman

« Reply #1298 on: September 07, 2011, 10:42:30 AM »

No such effort was made to my knowledge.  Disappointing, the Redzone club should have organized something.

Anything organized would be a recruiting violation from what I understand. The hall fans organizing to attend his game is a violation too I believe but I doubt either would draw the eye of the ncaa

Moose

« Reply #1299 on: September 07, 2011, 10:42:59 AM »

Anything organized would be a recruiting violation from what I understand. The hall fans organizing to attend his game is a violation too I believe but I doubt either would draw the eye of the ncaa

How is it a violation? Seems like a stretch to me.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 10:43:30 AM by Moose »
Remember who broke the Slice news