Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies

MCNPA

Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #1620 on: September 12, 2011, 12:27:16 AM »
Not that I don't believe the insiders on this site, but ESPN has KA's recruiting situation as SHU and UCLA as high interest, and STJ, Florida and Gtown as medium interest.

You've got to be joking.  Never follow those rarely updated "interest" levels.

Marillac

« Reply #1621 on: September 12, 2011, 12:27:43 AM »
I didn't know that KA's brother was a captain of the Uconn football team.

MCNPA

« Reply #1622 on: September 12, 2011, 01:41:49 AM »
Hello Kyle.

My name is Steve Lavin.

Please meet Baron Davis. He a PG I coach. He was the No. 3 pick in the draft. He made $118 mil in 12 years in the league and still goin strong.

Oh and please meet Earl Watson. He a PG I coached. He a second round pick in the draft. A lotta peeps didnt expect him to hang on in the league. 11 years and 37 mil later, guess he prove 'em wrong.

Hey Dave, like Redmen.com I think it's time to add a "like" function.  ;)

Hey, cmon now... :angel: ;D

« Reply #1623 on: September 12, 2011, 07:56:49 AM »
Hello Kyle.

My name is Steve Lavin.

Please meet Baron Davis. He a PG I coach. He was the No. 3 pick in the draft. He made $118 mil in 12 years in the league and still goin strong.

Oh and please meet Earl Watson. He a PG I coached. He a second round pick in the draft. A lotta peeps didnt expect him to hang on in the league. 11 years and 37 mil later, guess he prove 'em wrong.

Hey Dave, like FB, I think it's time to add a "like" function.  ;)

Look at top of the thread. Like button is in the red bar.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

kjd01067

« Reply #1624 on: September 12, 2011, 08:09:51 AM »

I think he was saying that it would be cool if you could "like" someones post individually.  I know the idea has been tossed around between Dave and us Mods but vaguely remember Dave saying that he had asked his web designer and the feature wasn't available yet but I could also be making that up.

« Reply #1625 on: September 12, 2011, 08:12:09 AM »
I usually don't get involved these recruiting threads, but after browsing some comments by those idiots over on the SHU boards, I hope if the kid doesn't commit to STJ, that doesn't chose. SHU. Then of course they will say, "Well, at least he didn't chose St. John's!" They have St. John's "fading fast", and one mental midget claims that he knows that Lavin won't stay long at St. John's. If these bozos keep it up, I may grow to hate SHU, as much as I hate SU.

« Reply #1626 on: September 12, 2011, 08:14:05 AM »
Hello Kyle.

My name is Steve Lavin.

Got it... I like...

btw Dave, u got me laughing with the response to the "percentages." Imho, in a true statistical sense, percentage chances should never come up because players rarely, if ever, say what chance a school has.  It's more of a feeling expressed, etc.  The only percentage that matters is the school that has 100% on September 20th.  There are no close seconds or moral victories.  A team either closes on a player or they do not.  I will NEVER bet against Coach Lavs, vs. Ben, Billy or anyone else.  Let's see what happens, but I'm still liking what all you plugged in guys have to say.   

« Reply #1627 on: September 12, 2011, 08:20:16 AM »
I usually don't get involved these recruiting threads, but after browsing some comments by those idiots over on the SHU boards, I hope if the kid doesn't commit to STJ, that doesn't chose. SHU. Then of course they will say, "Well, at least he didn't chose St. John's!" They have St. John's "fading fast", and one mental midget claims that he knows that Lavin won't stay long at St. John's. If these bozos keep it up, I may grow to hate SHU, as much as I hate SU.
No sweat, a lot of Hall fans right now are like the crazy aunt in the basement.  Hope abounds.  I love this quote, "If you can't sell Winning, sell Hype ... If you can't sell Hype, Sell them Hope..."  Hope abounds until Sept 20th.  Only one team will be looking at a barely empty cupboard if KA doesn't commit there.  The crazy aunt would be screaming at me by now  :tickedoff:

Gumby

« Reply #1628 on: September 12, 2011, 08:38:28 AM »
Dave,

If every thing is still on the original schedule, UCLA was in on Saturday for a home visit and Florida is in today. I know Georgetown and St. John's were not on the original schedule of KA home visits.  Did that ever change?  Of course, I would like us to do a HV on 9/20.  Thanks!

« Reply #1629 on: September 12, 2011, 08:43:33 AM »

I think he was saying that it would be cool if you could "like" someones post individually.  I know the idea has been tossed around between Dave and us Mods but vaguely remember Dave saying that he had asked his web designer and the feature wasn't available yet but I could also be making that up.

Yea upgrades are still in the works. Just timetables have hit delays due to my developers schedule.

« Reply #1630 on: September 12, 2011, 08:52:16 AM »
Dave,

If every thing is still on the original schedule, UCLA was in on Saturday for a home visit and Florida is in today. I know Georgetown and St. John's were not on the original schedule of KA home visits.  Did that ever change?  Of course, I would like us to do a HV on 9/20.  Thanks!

Yes they had UCLA over Ms. Anderson's house on Saturday. Ms. Anderson, Kyle's sister, and Kyle will be making the trip out to Gainsville.

Kyle doesn't want to make "the decision" Lebron-esque and his birthday will be a normal day of school. He's just going to text/call the coaches thanking them and informing them of his decision.

« Reply #1631 on: September 12, 2011, 08:54:26 AM »
Dave,

Yes they had UCLA over Ms. Anderson's house on Saturday. Ms. Anderson, Kyle's sister, and Kyle will be making the trip out to Gainsville.

Kyle doesn't want to make "the decision" Lebron-esque and his birthday will be a normal day of school. He's just going to text/call the coaches thanking them and informing them of his decision.

So no press conference?

MCNPA

« Reply #1632 on: September 12, 2011, 08:56:09 AM »
Dave,

Like I said before, in-homes aren't always a good sign nor a bonus for schools when it comes to landing a recruit.  I remember many-a-time it being schools on the outside looking in.  I don't know what the case is with KA, but don't think it means anything WRT hierarchy.

« Reply #1633 on: September 12, 2011, 08:58:29 AM »
Dave,

So no press conference?

No. I'm sure he'll contact media via phone. Generally when a recruit verbally commits, coaching staffs encourage the player to contact x member of the media to inform them which gets the word out publicly.

I'll be at St. Anthony's regardless where he decides to go to do some video with him for Hoop Group.

« Reply #1634 on: September 12, 2011, 09:02:36 AM »
Well, this isn't a good sign at all.

HOT 97 morning show host just mentioned on air he thinks Kyle is going to SH. Kyle gave everyone a heads up to listen to it on twitter. He obviously liked it.

« Reply #1635 on: September 12, 2011, 09:04:07 AM »
Dave,

Like I said before, in-homes aren't always a good sign nor a bonus for schools when it comes to landing a recruit.  I remember many-a-time it being schools on the outside looking in.  I don't know what the case is with KA, but don't think it means anything WRT hierarchy.

The family is worn down at this point. Having the in homes is looked at as more of a chore than exciting. The coaches come in and repeat the same rhetoric.

MCNPA

« Reply #1636 on: September 12, 2011, 09:18:59 AM »

HOT 97 morning show host just mentioned on air he thinks Kyle is going to SH. Kyle gave everyone a heads up to listen to it on twitter. He obviously liked it.

Oh no... Hot 97 breaking recruiting news now?   :'( ;)  If Kyle goes to Seton Hall, good luck to him.  He'll struggle through a lot of double teams.  I can see it now.  Just remember that Kyle said he wants to win and can't stand losing.  Expecting the Hall to crack the upper half of the league is more than a stretch, even with Anderson IMO.   

« Reply #1637 on: September 12, 2011, 09:25:04 AM »

we'll see how much Kyle liked it in about 8 days...it's all good fun - think of it from his eyes - just great being mentioned on the radio in a non-sports talk environment.  No big deal in my book when viewed through that lens

« Reply #1638 on: September 12, 2011, 10:04:40 AM »

Be careful about stating it not being a good sign.  Maybe, he does go to the Hall.  But, he could've been setting up the host of that show.  I didn't hear the show, but I wouldn't doubt he's just "playing the game," per se'.

I've stated this before....  Many of the Hall fans are gonna be livid, if he doesn't choose 'em.  There has been lots of teasing going on (from the Hall's "insider" and indirectly from Anderson), and I can see some severe backlash coming out of this one, if he doesn't end up at SHU. 
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 10:15:07 AM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #1639 on: September 12, 2011, 10:26:49 AM »

What are these DJ's doing, they are suppose to be St. Johns fans  :)