Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies

NYCoffey

Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #1680 on: September 12, 2011, 03:05:10 PM »
I have been getting quite a few PM's asking me if im still sure about KA as well as some links from other boards questioning me and calling me dumb a*s names. I am not in the business of predictions or guessing. I dont sit around all day gathering information off the internet  and make educated guesses. All I am is posting what I hear from people personally. People who would know. So please stop calling me stupid s**t if you dont like what im hearing. And if what im hearing is wrong, guess what? It wouldnt be the first nor the last so stop telling me how stupid im gonna feel if  he chooses SH! If he chooses SJU(which im still 100% hearing) im not gonna waste 1 sec responding to you, so please keep your enthusiasm for the sport and your school, just direct it elsewhere.

Pretty pathetic that your getting messages like that '79.  Its sad how some people use the Internet in that fashion.  You have been nothing but civil in terms of sharing and discussing information.  I know I speak for most fans like yourself when I say keep it up!

Also to note my responses a few posts above was chalk full of sarcasm in case anyone thought otherwise.

Agreed. You obviously have good sources and even with that there is no certainty as to what an 18year old kid might do the last minute. I would hate to for you to back off on posting info you have heard because of jackasses who are hopefully not St. Johns fans. I would hate to be that HallDan guy on the Seton Hall site if he's wrong. SJU79 posts what he hears and that is it. He gives updates if they come to him. Hall Dan seems to be pulling info and posting it every 5 minutes, where the most credible journalist cant get a read for what this kid is gonna do. They are going to turn on him real fast if he doesn't go to Seton Hall, because it would seem that he is using these informative updates via inside info as a way to get people to become paid subscribers to his site.

Either way keep it coming SJU79.

« Reply #1681 on: September 12, 2011, 03:16:37 PM »
I have been getting quite a few PM's asking me if im still sure about KA as well as some links from other boards questioning me and calling me dumb a*s names. I am not in the business of predictions or guessing. I dont sit around all day gathering information off the internet  and make educated guesses. All I am is posting what I hear from people personally. People who would know. So please stop calling me stupid s**t if you dont like what im hearing. And if what im hearing is wrong, guess what? It wouldnt be the first nor the last so stop telling me how stupid im gonna feel if  he chooses SH! If he chooses SJU(which im still 100% hearing) im not gonna waste 1 sec responding to you, so please keep your enthusiasm for the sport and your school, just direct it elsewhere.

79 do not apologize.  And I cannot believe the PM stuff.

BTW-Speaking of other boards.  Here are the new odds being put up by SHU insider HallDan:

SHU: 60%, UCLA: 34%, SJU: 5%, Florida: 1% and Georgetown at 0. 

So apparently the odds change daily, presumably Kyle wakes up and changes his lean after he has his cheerios.  Sure glad SJU is still at 5%, I was worried SJU had no shot anymore...

dR3w

« Reply #1682 on: September 12, 2011, 03:18:54 PM »

BTW-Speaking of other boards.  Here are the new odds being put up by SHU insider HallDan:

So apparently the odds change daily, presumably Kyle wakes up and changes his lean after he has his cheerios.  Sure glad SJU is still at 5%, I was worried SJU had no shot anymore...

At 5%, will he give me 20-1 odds?

« Reply #1683 on: September 12, 2011, 03:26:40 PM »
Ho no!

Cousin Brucie just report Kyle gonna play at LIU fo Clair Bee.

Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #1684 on: September 12, 2011, 03:29:57 PM »
For those interested, here is a more detailed account of Anderson on Hot 97 this morning from the SH board:

"Heard Kyle this morning do an interview with Cipha Sounds and Rosenberg on Hot 97, which is the major hip hop station for NY and North Jersey.

Summary:

As soon as he came on Ciph started pushing the idea of staying home and "putting the local team on his back" by going to Seton Hall and returning the team to the upper echelon of college basketball. Kyle sort of acknowledged that that might be cool, but didn't say much. They talked a bit about how he was going to be making his decision on his birthday and compared it to the LeBron James decision saga.

Rosenberg then asked what other schools he was considering (other than Seton Hall) and Kyle said "UCLA, Georgetown, Florida, Seton Hall." He then tried to correct himself, realizing that Hall was already discussed and that St. Johns was the fifth school, but the DJ's were already off and running, trying to tell him why the other schools were bad choices. Rosenberg on Florida: "A state full of animals. Every crazy person and every crazy story from the news always happens in Florida." Ciph on UCLA: "you don't want to get mixed up with all that bloods and crips stuff out in LA." Rosenberg, who is from the DC area originally, on Georgetown: "Georgetown is boooooring. The kids there are too smart and nerdy, you don't want to go there." SJU was not touched because as I mentioned before Kyle initially missed them.

Ciph said that he understood why Kyle might want to go away to school, so he could be away from his family out and "wil' out" (somebody help me with the appropriate spelling on that expression) while at college, but Ciph offered to get him a fake ID so he could do what he needed to and stay home. Kyle laughed it all off. Interview ended with them wishing him well and wishing him happy birthday." I bet any St. John's fans who heard this must've been pissed that St. john's slipped his mind and that a NY radio station was pushing him to go to Seton Hall.

Guys think of it this way.  The DJ said what other schools are you considering and Kyle thought to himself, "you mean the schools I'm not going to go to?"  That's why he shot off that list with Seton Hall on it instead of St Johns.  ; )

« Reply #1685 on: September 12, 2011, 03:32:24 PM »
Ho no!

Choz you are too much.  Even I split a gut over this one...

« Reply #1686 on: September 12, 2011, 03:38:42 PM »
Why are you guy's even paying attention to this nonsense? Don't even throw gas on the fire even though it's really funny.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #1687 on: September 12, 2011, 03:41:00 PM »
Ho no!

Harry Harrison disagrees.  Says he's going to NYU to play for Lou Rossini.  Prefers the village to the outer boroughs. 

« Reply #1688 on: September 12, 2011, 04:32:37 PM »
For those interested, here is a more detailed account of Anderson on Hot 97 this morning from the SH board:

"Heard Kyle this morning do an interview with Cipha Sounds and Rosenberg on Hot 97, which is the major hip hop station for NY and North Jersey.

Summary:

As soon as he came on Ciph started pushing the idea of staying home and "putting the local team on his back" by going to Seton Hall and returning the team to the upper echelon of college basketball. Kyle sort of acknowledged that that might be cool, but didn't say much. They talked a bit about how he was going to be making his decision on his birthday and compared it to the LeBron James decision saga.

Rosenberg then asked what other schools he was considering (other than Seton Hall) and Kyle said "UCLA, Georgetown, Florida, Seton Hall." He then tried to correct himself, realizing that Hall was already discussed and that St. Johns was the fifth school, but the DJ's were already off and running, trying to tell him why the other schools were bad choices. Rosenberg on Florida: "A state full of animals. Every crazy person and every crazy story from the news always happens in Florida." Ciph on UCLA: "you don't want to get mixed up with all that bloods and crips stuff out in LA." Rosenberg, who is from the DC area originally, on Georgetown: "Georgetown is boooooring. The kids there are too smart and nerdy, you don't want to go there." SJU was not touched because as I mentioned before Kyle initially missed them.

Ciph said that he understood why Kyle might want to go away to school, so he could be away from his family out and "wil' out" (somebody help me with the appropriate spelling on that expression) while at college, but Ciph offered to get him a fake ID so he could do what he needed to and stay home. Kyle laughed it all off. Interview ended with them wishing him well and wishing him happy birthday." I bet any St. John's fans who heard this must've been pissed that St. john's slipped his mind and that a NY radio station was pushing him to go to Seton Hall.
Whenever a St. John's recruit goes up vs. GTown, Duke, or UNC, Terps alumnus Rosenberg will get them.

« Reply #1689 on: September 12, 2011, 04:37:22 PM »
Why are you guy's even paying attention to this nonsense? Don't even throw gas on the fire even though it's really funny.

Strictly for entertainment purposes!!!   ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #1690 on: September 12, 2011, 04:50:37 PM »
Someone from Seton Hall orchestrated the Hot 97 promo this morning. It was a good idea. During Kyle's visit to St. John's a lot was to do with St. John's media exposure this is Seton Hall's counter punch.

Everyone knows about the Sleeping Giant Media Prowess of Seton Hall ( that of course being the power of the Seton Hall Athletic Dept Retweet )

« Reply #1691 on: September 12, 2011, 05:28:33 PM »

Breaking News - A "Lock" for this prediction for KA chances on Sept 20th: 4 schools 0%; 1 school 100%  :2funny:

« Reply #1692 on: September 12, 2011, 05:35:40 PM »
I have been getting quite a few PM's asking me if im still sure about KA as well as some links from other boards questioning me and calling me dumb a*s names.

Some people are just @ssholes. Keep the info coming 79. You've been awesome with your info over the years.

If Kyle comes here I think I might join the rivals site for a month just to see what the reaction of the Seton Hall fans will be

« Reply #1693 on: September 12, 2011, 05:56:28 PM »
I'm very sorry to hear that 79. That's inexcusable.

Recruits change their mind all the time. There's no sense in attacking people's information that a team leads. (I hope people realize that I never meant to attack anyone saying st. john's lead. Rather the notion that Georgetown or any other team for that matter no longer had a chance. That is the only idea that I disagree with). Teams may lead on any given day. But recruits change their minds so often that who leads one day doesn't really matter. Only matters who he commits to. All of these updates could be correct. You can never be proven wrong stating someone leads for a recruit, because there's a good chance your right, but he might change his mind before he makes his decision.

Kyle and his family have stated they will take all the information they have on the 5 schools on the 19th and weigh each schools pro's and con's and make an informed decision. And no one knows what the result of their discussion on the 19th will yield. I would not be surprised if the school Kyle may favor going into the process is not the team that comes out of that process when they take a step back and analyze all the data. I'm not saying they'll pick Georgetown. I'm just saying that clearly at this point they could choose any of the 5 schools. 

gman

« Reply #1694 on: September 12, 2011, 06:15:32 PM »
I have been getting quite a few PM's asking me if im still sure about KA as well as some links from other boards questioning me and calling me dumb a*s names.

Some people are just @ssholes. Keep the info coming 79. You've been awesome with your info over the years.

If Kyle comes here I think I might join the rivals site for a month just to see what the reaction of the Seton Hall fans will be

Their board is free and open.

« Reply #1695 on: September 12, 2011, 06:25:54 PM »
I hope I'm vey mistaken/wrong, but I have a gut feeling SHU could end up with Kyle and perhaps the SHU message board sites rumors are accurate.  Maybe somebody knows something over there, and they're not drinking their own Kool-Aid like many of us believe.

However, I think St. John's makes the most sense.  EX:  Close to home coupled with a legit chance to get to the Final-4 of perhaps even contend for a National Title.  Kyle will not get both of those factors at SJU, and he won't get the proximity factor at UCLA.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 06:27:13 PM by Lapchick1 »

Gumby

« Reply #1696 on: September 12, 2011, 06:51:32 PM »
I hope I'm very mistaken/wrong, but I have a gut feeling SHU could end up with Kyle and perhaps the SHU message board sites rumors are accurate.  Maybe somebody knows something over there, and they're not drinking their own Kool-Aid like many of us believe.

However, I think St. John's makes the most sense.  EX:  Close to home coupled with a legit chance to get to the Final-4 of perhaps even contend for a National Title.  Kyle will not get both of those factors at SJU, and he won't get the proximity factor at UCLA.

Go with your second paragraph!  That is the same logic that KA and his family is contemplating.

KA has put too much effort into honing his BB skills since he was 8 years old to go to a school just because 40 fans show up for a bb game.  Last I checked we (JJ posters) were approaching 2,000 posts on KA, which should tell KA that we have been in the mix a lot longer and stronger.

We all are awaiting 9/20, or is it 9/19.  As my Coach Lavin bobblehead keeps winking at me when I ask if we are getting KA, then let your gut ease up.  Trust in Coach Lavin showing KA the way!

« Reply #1697 on: September 12, 2011, 06:57:32 PM »
I think at this point every school is a player. If they weren't why would he waste these schools time? Sure he may be favoring schools over another but I have a hard time believing some schools are 100% out at the moment. I'm not gonna take Seton Hall, UCLA, G-Town or Florida lightly although I do have confidence in Lavin and our ability to win this battle. Everyone is claiming sources and I know SJU79 is reliable but at the end of the day I believe on Kyle and his family know his decision (if they even know yet).

Gumby

« Reply #1698 on: September 12, 2011, 07:06:48 PM »
The last #1 or #2  consensus prospect to stay at least 3 years was Michigan State's Kelvin Torbert, the consensus #2 back in the 2001 class.   And in that class, #1,#3, 4, 5, & 7 were all gone before their soph seasons.

Unless the NBA changes the rules in the new COB, there is only a remote possibility for even a 2 year window on Kyles services, and virtually zero for 3.

([/quote]

Interesting info, CR!

While we are all focusing on which school KA will commit to, the next big question (which is only open for conjecture) would be how long he stays in school. 

Some how I think both are related. If KA and his Dad are thinking right now of a possible one and done, then why leave the NY area?  It could be the last time his family can see him play before the rigors of the NBA happen.

« Reply #1699 on: September 12, 2011, 07:09:32 PM »

Their board is free and open.

It also wouldn't surprise me to see their board closed on the 20th, if Anderson doesn't end up there.

@SJU79:  That sucks, dude!  I'm a Washington Redskins fan, and I recall something similiar happening to a poster several years ago.  He, like yourself, had inside info and it being a professional sport where things can change on a dime (pun, intended).....  'ish would occasionally happen. 

More times than not, he was pretty much on the money (no pun, intended  lol).  You have over-the-top fans who would either question or contest him, if things didn't happen in a timeframe they wanted it to happen or in a rare situation that it didn't matriculate.  He eventually had enough and stopped posting altogether.

Hopefully, you do not allow some clowns deter you from posting here.  It's not worth the hassle because some folks can't contain themselves when it comes to a blue-chipper.  You and your info is certainly welcomed here.

I wonder who the culprits are in this case.  Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to your info coming to fruition next Monday.   ;)  :up: 
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 07:31:18 PM by mjdinkins »