Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies
Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #1720 on: September 13, 2011, 12:06:03 AM »
I'm sorry, but KA knows where he is going to school. It's idiotic to think that he's announcing in about a week the biggest decision of his life, and he doesn't know what that decision is yet. I mean come on, put yourself in his shoes.

In my opinion, he's known for a while where he's going, and these lasts few visits are for him to just make sure that decision is the right one. I don't think every school has a shot right now, only one does. I hope it's us.

crgreen

« Reply #1721 on: September 13, 2011, 12:31:33 AM »
I'm sorry, but KA knows where he is going to school. It's idiotic to think that he's announcing in about a week the biggest decision of his life, and he doesn't know what that decision is yet. I mean come on, put yourself in his shoes.

In my opinion, he's known for a while where he's going, and these lasts few visits are for him to just make sure that decision is the right one. I don't think every school has a shot right now, only one does. I hope it's us.

I' m confused, Redstorm212 - If he's taking the last few visits to make sure the decision is right, doesn't that imply he may decide it isn't and go elsewhere - meaning the others DO have a shot?

I'm sorry - I'm really not following your logic...

« Reply #1722 on: September 13, 2011, 12:35:26 AM »

I' m confused, Redstorm212 - If he's taking the last few visits to make sure the decision is right, doesn't that imply he may decide it isn't and go elsewhere - meaning the others DO have a shot?

I'm sorry - I'm really not following your logic...

I guess they do have a shot, i should've rephrased, but a small one. I know I'm no big basketball recruit, but I recently chose a college myself. I knew where I wanted to go for a while, but took other college visits just to insure I was making the right decision. I just mean, it's not up in the air, I think he knows where he is going, and these last visits have a small chance of changing that.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 12:36:02 AM by redstorm212 »

« Reply #1723 on: September 13, 2011, 08:11:42 AM »
Its not that far out of the realm of possibility to think he set himself a deadline without making a decision.  Players set deadlines to force themselves to make a decision to get the recruitment process over with so they can enjoy their senior year.   
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

ras

« Reply #1724 on: September 13, 2011, 08:47:42 AM »
 KA is 99.9% sure of the school he is going to pick at this time,or else he would have a later deadline.

« Reply #1725 on: September 13, 2011, 08:56:56 AM »
Its not that far out of the realm of possibility to think he set himself a deadline without making a decision.  Players set deadlines to force themselves to make a decision to get the recruitment process over with so they can enjoy their senior year.

I don't believe he was sure where he was going when he initially set the date back in June.  I think he had a couple of favorites, but wasn't exactly sure.  I have a feeling he has a pretty good idea where he wanna go now. 

I just believe these last few in-home and unofficial and official visits are due diligence.  Sure, he could be swayed with these last few visits.  That could certainly happen.  I'm also not one who believes Anderson and his family are gonna make a pick-out-of-the-hat and capricious-like decision next Monday.

« Reply #1726 on: September 13, 2011, 09:01:53 AM »
Apparently reading comp isn't a strong skill for you. I think this entire process is silly.  Members from every board are saying and doing the same things...hyping their insiders and harping favorable new while discrediting negative news. It is funny. I trust sju79 and because of that I think Kyle ends up here, but I think every team has a legit shot at this.  Kyle hasn't even hinted at a favorite.

Plenty of other SJU recruits said similar things last year and you had no problem projecting them as being on SJU.  None and I can pull the posts.

« Reply #1727 on: September 13, 2011, 09:03:13 AM »
Pops talks about FL off their in home last night:

“The Florida visit last night went very well,” Kyle Anderson Sr. said by text. “Coach Donovan left no stone unturned in reference to how important Lil Kyle could be to his program. What was extremely impressive and important was his video presentation.

“Lil Kyle has a very unique skill set for a kid 6-9 and all the other coaches explained to us how they would use him. Billy showed us. He showed video of similar players to Lil Kyle’s skill set — Chandler Parsons, Mike Miller and Nick Calathes — and how he allowed them freedom to make plays.

“This weekend’s visit to Florida could be very instrumental in Lil Kyle’s recruiting process,” his father said.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/09/13/florida-visit-could-be-critical-for-andersons-choice/

« Reply #1728 on: September 13, 2011, 09:09:43 AM »
  Members from every board are saying and doing the same things...hyping their insiders and harping favorable new while discrediting negative news. It is funny. I trust sju79 and because of that I think Kyle ends up here, but I think every team has a legit shot at this.  Kyle hasn't even hinted at a favorite.

Personally, I don't know why all of you argue about something like where a recruit is going. There are more important things to get worked up about. I may be the only one, but I agree with Marillac. I don't think anyone knows what the kid is thinking. I never believe any poster, whether he or she is a STJ, SHU, or a UCLA fan when they claim that they have "inside information" about where a recruit is going. All it does is get people all excited and worked up, and then the kid goes elsewhere. If KA does pick St. John's, that's great. It's wonderful. It will be because that was the one he decided to go to in the end. It won't be a school that he intended to go to all along, and leaked out the info to some very special insiders.

In a few days, the fans of several schools will be stunned and pissed off, while the fans of one school will be proudly beating their chests and saying, "I knew it! I knew it all along! Never a doubt in my mind!"

Let's just wait and see who the kid likes the best. I hope he does come to St. John's. But as of now, no one knows who he will choose.

MCNPA

« Reply #1729 on: September 13, 2011, 09:18:35 AM »
Apparently reading comp isn't a strong skill for you. I think this entire process is silly.  Members from every board are saying and doing the same things...hyping their insiders and harping favorable new while discrediting negative news. It is funny. I trust sju79 and because of that I think Kyle ends up here, but I think every team has a legit shot at this.  Kyle hasn't even hinted at a favorite.

Plenty of other SJU recruits said similar things last year and you had no problem projecting them as being on SJU.  None and I can pull the posts.

Agree with Fordham here.  Just start with our most recent in Gathers.  Dave said he was a lock, only a matter of time as did others.  Gathers at that time said he was "wide open" with a ton of schools, and the list changed all the time.   IMO, Kyle is pretty sure where he wants to go.  Since the beginning he said he'd visit all schools, and do his due diligence.  He has done so.  It still doesn't mean that every school is in this thing, and I'm positive that all 5 are not.  No doubt a week before his choice he's at least down to 2 schools.  It's naive to think he isn't even if it can't be proven. 

« Reply #1730 on: September 13, 2011, 09:24:33 AM »
  Members from every board are saying and doing the same things...hyping their insiders and harping favorable new while discrediting negative news. It is funny. I trust sju79 and because of that I think Kyle ends up here, but I think every team has a legit shot at this.  Kyle hasn't even hinted at a favorite.

Personally, I don't know why all of you argue about something like where a recruit is going. There are more important things to get worked up about. I may be the only one, but I agree with Marillac. I don't think anyone knows what the kid is thinking. I never believe any poster, whether he or she is a STJ, SHU, or a UCLA fan when they claim that they have "inside information" about where a recruit is going. All it does is get people all excited and worked up, and then the kid goes elsewhere. If KA does pick St. John's, that's great. It's wonderful. It will be because that was the one he decided to go to in the end. It won't be a school that he intended to go to all along, and leaked out the info to some very special insiders.

In a few days, the fans of several schools will be stunned and pissed off, while the fans of one school will be proudly beating their chests and saying, "I knew it! I knew it all along! Never a doubt in my mind!"

Let's just wait and see who the kid likes the best. I hope he does come to St. John's. But as of now, no one knows who he will choose.

It is not that.  It is the hypocrisy and quite frankly the sanctimonious nature of him to come on here and criticize people for doing things he is UNBELIEVABLY guilty of himself.  He has acted like an insider on numerous recruits including Naadir Tharpe among others and now acts like others doing so on Kyle, regardless of whether they are right or not, is somehow out of bounds.  Ridiculous.  He is trying to even call out posters using the term "trio."

This is a guy who had no problem calling the rumor that Scoop Jardine of Syracuse was fixinig games as "having legs."  A completely bogus story that went nowhere.  Just the other day he called out Baldi for questioning whether all the SJU freshmen had cleared.

Again he is completely entitled to his opinion.  That is not what this is about.  Ok.  Let's get that straight.  But to come on here and act all high and mighty on other posters is a bit much to take considering the stuff he has posted.

« Reply #1731 on: September 13, 2011, 09:26:17 AM »

Obviously, you don't know the history of the poster you've mentioned.  I'll just leave that one alone.  It's also funny to hear you say, "It won't be a school that he intended to go to all along, and leaked out the info to some very special insiders."  IMO, you just said something that you don't know will actually happen.  So, what makes that statment different than what some "insiders" have said?  Oh, well.....

On a final note, I can say with confidence that most of the Johnnies fans (on here and Redmen) will act in a mannerly-like way, if Anderson doesn't end up at St. John's.  Yeah, I'm sure there will be a few posters who will be ticked and act irrationally, but that's to be expected on any board.  Overall, I believe we'll generally act classy.

Hopefully, we don't have to worry about being congratulatory to another school in a few more days.       
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 09:33:13 AM by mjdinkins »

MCNPA

« Reply #1732 on: September 13, 2011, 09:35:44 AM »
Marillac prognosticating on Tharpe ;):

"And Tharpe is such a heavy lean right now it's ridiculous.  I honestly expected him to commit a few weeks ago.  There was a story released recently that said he wait until the spring (he even copied it on his facebook page), but I just don't believe it.  He has a good friend that is a freshman at STJ...he plays with a team that is all Big East (Nova, Pitt, and now St. John's), and he really hit it off with Harkless.  If Tharpe is not our PG in 2011 then it will be Quinn Cook."

kjd01067

« Reply #1733 on: September 13, 2011, 09:39:37 AM »
Although I love to see you guys bury Marillac lets try to keep this on Kyle Anderson

« Reply #1734 on: September 13, 2011, 09:43:50 AM »
Although I love to see you guys bury Marillac lets try to keep this on Kyle Anderson

We should.  But again he started it.  This is my problem with some posters, their lack of honesty and their inability to own up on their end but then have no problem running their mouth.

There is always the alternative, that is keeping your mouth shut when you think it is going to get you in trouble.  There is no law that says you HAVE to post something.  He CHOSE to post these things, then he better be able to back it up.

MCNPA

« Reply #1735 on: September 13, 2011, 09:44:54 AM »

Hey, it's like arguing with your cousins we've been around each other for so many years.  Kyle it is.  The only argument is whether Kyle prefers to call his team the Redmen or Red Storm... ;)

P.S. I have no inside info about Kyle, but I trust our many guys on these boards.  Lots of good sources here.  If we don't land him, we'll be more than fine.  I just think that he's a special player that could really put us over the top.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 09:46:33 AM by MCNPA »

« Reply #1736 on: September 13, 2011, 10:08:12 AM »
Seriously guys....

Anywyays...great job by Billy Donovan using former players of his size/skill set in recruiting. However didn't Calathes want out which is why he went overseas as opposed to coming back to Florida? I'm not too familiar
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #1737 on: September 13, 2011, 10:15:24 AM »
Seriously guys....

Anywyays...great job by Billy Donovan using former players of his size/skill set in recruiting. However didn't Calathes want out which is why he went overseas as opposed to coming back to Florida? I'm not too familiar

I can't remember the situation with Calathes, as to why he left a couple of years early to go play abroad.  Maybe, he was tired of school.

Speaking of Calathes, he was the first kid I saw get kicked out of an AAU game.  He already had one tech on him, but the second tech--the one that got him ejected--was a horrible call!  Fans and coaches were pretty stunned by the call.   

Just 6 more days.... 
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 10:15:56 AM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #1738 on: September 13, 2011, 11:23:19 AM »
KA is 99.9% sure of the school he is going to pick at this time,or else he would have a later deadline.

Right, this is the point I was trying to make.

crgreen

« Reply #1739 on: September 13, 2011, 11:54:47 AM »
Seriously guys....

Seems kinda weird to me  - showing highlights of Miller, Parsons and Calethes, and saying Kyle would be used similarly.

Calethes didn't make the leauge (or hasn't yet). Parsons was a 2nd rounder. Miller of course, was lotto.

But both Parsons and Miller, despite theire "similar Skill Sets" and "freedom" were sub 2.5 assist guys for their Florida careers....

If Kyle can Google, he'll find out that Calathes was a 4.8 pt 1.5 assist guy last season  in his 2nd year of Euro ball in Greece....And I wonder if Donovan  reminded Kyle that Calathes never got to play in the NCAA tourney - Florida was in the NIT both years Nick was there.

If that's the model Donovan's projecting for Kyle, it's a he11uva waste of his talents....