Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies
Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #1740 on: September 13, 2011, 11:57:58 AM »
Seems kinda weird to me  - showing highlights of Miller, Parsons and Calethes, and saying Kyle would be used similarly.

Calethes didn't make the leauge (or hasn't yet). Parsons was a 2nd rounder. Miller of course, was lotto.

But both Parsons and Miller, despite theire "similar Skill Sets" and "freedom" were sub 2.5 assist guys for their Florida careers....

If Kyle can Google, he'll find out that Calathes was a 4.8 pt 1.5 assist guy last season  in his 2nd year of Euro ball in Greece....And I wonder if Donovan  reminded Kyle that Calathes never got to play in the NCAA tourney - Florida was in the NIT both years Nick was there.

If that's the model Donovan's projecting for Kyle, it's a he11uva waste of his talents....

Interesting thought, cr.  I guess I didn't think of it in that manner when I initially read Zags link. 

« Reply #1741 on: September 13, 2011, 12:32:41 PM »
Seriously guys....

Anywyays...great job by Billy Donovan using former players of his size/skill set in recruiting. However didn't Calathes want out which is why he went overseas as opposed to coming back to Florida? I'm not too familiar

Seems kinda weird to me  - showing highlights of Miller, Parsons and Calethes, and saying Kyle would be used similarly.

Calethes didn't make the leauge (or hasn't yet). Parsons was a 2nd rounder. Miller of course, was lotto.

But both Parsons and Miller, despite theire "similar Skill Sets" and "freedom" were sub 2.5 assist guys for their Florida careers....

If Kyle can Google, he'll find out that Calathes was a 4.8 pt 1.5 assist guy last season  in his 2nd year of Euro ball in Greece....And I wonder if Donovan  reminded Kyle that Calathes never got to play in the NCAA tourney - Florida was in the NIT both years Nick was there.

If that's the model Donovan's projecting for Kyle, it's a he11uva waste of his talents....

I think it was the fact that he facilitated the offense through these players. He designed plays for them.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #1742 on: September 13, 2011, 12:36:12 PM »
Seriously guys....

Anywyays...great job by Billy Donovan using former players of his size/skill set in recruiting. However didn't Calathes want out which is why he went overseas as opposed to coming back to Florida? I'm not too familiar

I think it was the fact that he facilitated the offense through these players. He designed plays for them.

True!  I believe crgreen was referencing to those players making it to the NBA (as, Miller and Chandler did).  Nevertheless, I think Kyle will be in the NBA, regardless which school he chooses.

« Reply #1743 on: September 13, 2011, 12:41:57 PM »
Also there is a 75% chance that Seton Hall guys will produce statistics that will be 90% inaccurate

« Reply #1744 on: September 13, 2011, 12:51:26 PM »
Also there is a 75% chance that Seton Hall guys will produce statistics that will be 90% inaccurate

Oh Dave I guess you could not resist. LOL!

But you can tell someone is feeding him these bogus numbers because who puts a percentage at 74% or 19%?

In other words, what they don't round they are being precise???  It is so laughable.

pmg911

« Reply #1745 on: September 13, 2011, 12:54:11 PM »
Did anyone ever think HallDan was just trying to annoy the people he knows are stalking their board..?

I am fairly confident that guy has ZERO inside information in regards to Seton Hall. He is just a die hard fan of the program.

« Reply #1746 on: September 13, 2011, 01:33:10 PM »
Did anyone ever think HallDan was just trying to annoy the people he knows are stalking their board..?

I am fairly confident that guy has ZERO inside information in regards to Seton Hall. He is just a die hard fan of the program.

Not an uinreasonable theory but trust me, he is not.  First off this is on his pay board, meaning the people who PAY to get this info.  It is just being leaked out by others.

I can cite chapter and verse of other examples.  But trust me he is posting this as legit info.

« Reply #1747 on: September 13, 2011, 01:34:20 PM »
Dave, you hear anything about Donovan trying to get KA and M McGary together this weekend as his missing pieces, with Boynton, Beal and Young still in the fold next season?

« Reply #1748 on: September 13, 2011, 01:42:10 PM »

Not an uinreasonable theory but trust me, he is not.  First off this is on his pay board, meaning the people who PAY to get this info.  It is just being leaked out by others.

I can cite chapter and verse of other examples.  But trust me he is posting this as legit info.
Statistically speaking (WADR Fordham), there is nothing that makes sense about any of the statistical chances.  Kyle is not filling out sentiment indicators every week in his own personal poll with his mom, dad and Coach Hurley Sr.  Would he tell anyone,"I'm now feeling that 7.4 times out of 10 I'd choose school A."  Pure hogwash.  Kyle goes to see all the schools, complete his process, and goes with the school that he's had the best feel for all along in the process.  I commend Kyle Sr. for all the excellent strategy and marketing hype by keeping the process with the appearance of being fluid until this point.  We are not talking about Terence Jones here.  Kyle is a mature, level headed young man, and his dad is guiding him in terrific fashion.  His name continues to be out there big time, and is preparation for the next level.  But in the end, unless Fla or another school thinks the Providence "good time" will do it, he's already locked and loaded on his school of choice. 

« Reply #1749 on: September 13, 2011, 02:12:09 PM »
Dave, you hear anything about Donovan trying to get KA and M McGary together this weekend as his missing pieces, with Boynton, Beal and Young still in the fold next season?

I've only heard UNC in regards to McGarry

« Reply #1750 on: September 13, 2011, 02:15:27 PM »

I believe Dakari Johnson and McGary is supposed to join Kyle, this weekend.  I'm also hearing UNC when it comes to McGary.   

« Reply #1751 on: September 13, 2011, 02:20:22 PM »
DaKari is down in Florida with Boyle so that wouldn't be a stretch for him to be there. Johnson's recruitment has long been thought to be a Kentucky lock due to WWW connections. DaKari was "shut down" for most of the summer and I didn't see him play in any tourneys that the Gauchos were in.

« Reply #1752 on: September 13, 2011, 02:29:45 PM »
As per Twitter: Neal Nieves and Jeff Borzello report they heard that St. John's has fallen well behind Seton Hall and UCLA in the Kyle Anderson sweepstakes

« Reply #1753 on: September 13, 2011, 02:31:40 PM »

The Hall's "insider" reminds me of the hype men in the hip-hop industry back in the day.  Those guys usually got the crowd all excited by cutting up or chirping this or that.  The hype man was also usually the secondary figure to a particular rapper or a group.   

In this case, he's the hype man and MC rolled up into one.  He's drumming up attention for himself and he could also help put money in his pocket (from sign-ups on the premium page) by hyping up the fans on the site.

Hey!  Kyle could very well choose the Hall.  Nothing would really surprise me.  But, I've said it before and I'll say it again....  This guy could be playing a dangerous game with the other Hall fans.  They are depending on Anderson like a man in the Sierra depending on liquids.  Many (not all) are gonna turn on him and it might not be pretty in some instances.

I also wouldn't be surprised he starts to backpeddle over the weekend.  He's gonna save his hind in some way, shape or form.  He should be a bit more careful or the hype man is gonna have to contend with the audience when they rush the stage because they didn't get their product. 

« Reply #1754 on: September 13, 2011, 02:34:35 PM »
As per Twitter: Neal Nieves and Jeff Borzello report they heard that St. John's has fallen well behind Seton Hall and UCLA in the Kyle Anderson sweepstakes

Not sure, if they are piggybacking the whirlwind via Twitter or there is something to it.

« Reply #1755 on: September 13, 2011, 02:42:51 PM »

Not sure, if they are piggybacking the whirlwind via Twitter or there is something to it.

Nieves is not reporting it he is just retweeting Borzello.  Sounds like Jeff reads message boards...LOL!!!

MCNPA

« Reply #1756 on: September 13, 2011, 02:43:57 PM »
Rumors spread like wild fire, changing daily with Kyle's recruitment.  Cant wait for this to be over either, one way or another.  Getting dizzy from the spin.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 02:46:42 PM by MCNPA »

« Reply #1757 on: September 13, 2011, 02:45:32 PM »

I believe Dakari Johnson and McGary is supposed to join Kyle, this weekend.  I'm also hearing UNC when it comes to McGary.
Well, looks like UNC "insiders" started posting that McGary was supposedly going to commit there after his visit.  Then McGary's blog today explicitly states that there's nothing to these crazy UNC and Duke rumors going around.  Go Figure! Ha ha ha

MCNPA

« Reply #1758 on: September 13, 2011, 02:45:53 PM »

Nieves is not reporting it he is just retweeting Borzello.  Sounds like Jeff reads message boards...LOL!!!

And borzello just gave sn opinion and said he feels like at this moment he's leaning to SHU. 

« Reply #1759 on: September 13, 2011, 02:53:20 PM »

And borzello just gave sn opinion and said he feels like at this moment he's leaning to SHU.
And my man Nate Blue comes in as the voice of reason - Nate shoots straight - no BS from Nate:

When I first met Kyle Anderson he was maybe 9years old and had braids at shu Bball camp with Louis Orr. I like sju/shu/ucla in that order.

http://twitter.com/Nateblueis4real/status/113685247199150082