Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies

MCNPA

Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #1760 on: September 13, 2011, 03:02:12 PM »
As per Twitter: Neal Nieves and Jeff Borzello report they heard that St. John's has fallen well behind Seton Hall and UCLA in the Kyle Anderson sweepstakes

Not sure, if they are piggybacking the whirlwind via Twitter or there is something to it.

Nieves is not reporting it he is just retweeting Borzello.  Sounds like Jeff reads message boards...LOL!!!

And borzello just gave sn opinion and said he feels like at this moment he's leaning to SHU.
And my man Nate Blue comes in as the voice of reason - Nate shoots straight - no BS from Nate:

When I first met Kyle Anderson he was maybe 9years old and had braids at shu Bball camp with Louis Orr. I like sju/shu/ucla in that order.

http://twitter.com/Nateblueis4real/status/113685247199150082

Nate is also VERY connected as we all know.  No surprise that he thinks SJU leads. 

On another note, one poster from seton hall board just posted about how he was questioning (pestering) Zagoria about his sources and zags got back to him with:" I speak to Kyle Jr. Kyle Sr. And Jimmy Salmons several times a week.  Who do you speak to?".  As we know, zags thinks it will be SJU/UCLA.  Gotta love how zags gave it back to these guys.  Fact remains that the most connected sources like SJU in this one, and that's good enough for me. 

« Reply #1761 on: September 13, 2011, 03:09:11 PM »
Nate is also VERY connected as we all know.  No surprise that he thinks SJU leads. 

On another note, one poster from seton hall board just posted about how he was questioning (pestering) Zagoria about his sources and zags got back to him with:" I speak to Kyle Jr. Kyle Sr. And Jimmy Salmons several times a week.  Who do you speak to?".  As we know, zags thinks it will be SJU/UCLA.  Gotta love how zags gave it back to these guys.  Fact remains that the most connected sources like SJU in this one, and that's good enough for me.

I believe Zags finally broke and lost his cool.  LOL  I bet he didn't want to go "there," but he must've felt compelled.   From what I gather, several Hall fans have been badgering Zags for the past couple of weeks, if not longer.  Jumping on him when it comes to his sources.  I also believe a handful of G'town fans have done the same.

Some of you here believe our fans are "comical" and "embarrassing."   LOL     This is a tame crowd here.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 03:11:58 PM by mjdinkins »

MCNPA

« Reply #1762 on: September 13, 2011, 03:12:50 PM »
I certainly hope SJU fans aren't pestering Zags or anybody else.  SJU fans need to be more collected than that.  It's all fun to talk it out on a message board like this, which is the appropriate forum.

« Reply #1763 on: September 13, 2011, 03:25:25 PM »
I certainly hope SJU fans aren't pestering Zags or anybody else.  SJU fans need to be more collected than that.  It's all fun to talk it out on a message board like this, which is the appropriate forum.

I hope that isn't the case, either.  Some fans of our Big East competitors accuses Zags as being a Johnnies homer.  Zags takes a beating from our rival fans.  So, this doesn't surprise me to see several of 'em badger him when it comes to his sources.

I wouldn't do such a thing, but some people aren't rational and have gone over-the-edge, so to speak.

I've stated this before....  Zags may not be the one who breaks the news on a recruiting story, but he has "incredible contacts," as I was told from someone reliable at the Peach Jam.  Basically, he'll occasionally piggyback a story, but he can find out whether there is meat to the story or not due to his contacts.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 03:35:39 PM by mjdinkins »

pmg911

« Reply #1764 on: September 13, 2011, 03:38:06 PM »
@ mjdinkins - Where was that back & forth between Zagoria and the fan.?

« Reply #1765 on: September 13, 2011, 03:40:59 PM »

I know one Hall fan in particular who has been antagonizing Zags.  I'm positive there are several more who has hassled him a time or two.

crgreen

« Reply #1766 on: September 13, 2011, 03:48:22 PM »
Seriously guys....

Anywyays...great job by Billy Donovan using former players of his size/skill set in recruiting. However didn't Calathes want out which is why he went overseas as opposed to coming back to Florida? I'm not too familiar

Seems kinda weird to me  - showing highlights of Miller, Parsons and Calethes, and saying Kyle would be used similarly.

Calethes didn't make the leauge (or hasn't yet). Parsons was a 2nd rounder. Miller of course, was lotto.

But both Parsons and Miller, despite theire "similar Skill Sets" and "freedom" were sub 2.5 assist guys for their Florida careers....

If Kyle can Google, he'll find out that Calathes was a 4.8 pt 1.5 assist guy last season  in his 2nd year of Euro ball in Greece....And I wonder if Donovan  reminded Kyle that Calathes never got to play in the NCAA tourney - Florida was in the NIT both years Nick was there.

If that's the model Donovan's projecting for Kyle, it's a he11uva waste of his talents....

I think it was the fact that he facilitated the offense through these players. He designed plays for them.

Parsons was 11 pts and 3 assists at his best for Billy.   If Kyle gets used in a manner that only permits him 3 assists a game (note - Miller's best was 14 pts and 2.5 assists), it's an outrageous waste of his best skills.  "Facillitated" or not...

« Reply #1767 on: September 13, 2011, 04:07:24 PM »
So fans start arguing with a reporter because what he is being told isn't the answer they want? Thats mature of them. Its their jobs to be reporters, they obviously wouldn't make up things or else they would lose all credibility and they would be out of a job. I know several people dont like Zags but he is a good reporter and I believe he has many well informed sources. I dont know this Jeff guy and i'm not sure if its more of a guess or based on logic but i'm not gonna tear the guy apart because what he is reporting isn't the answer i'm looking for. We'll just have to wait and see

MCNPA

« Reply #1768 on: September 13, 2011, 04:20:07 PM »
So fans start arguing with a reporter because what he is being told isn't the answer they want? Thats mature of them. Its their jobs to be reporters, they obviously wouldn't make up things or else they would lose all credibility and they would be out of a job. I know several people dont like Zags but he is a good reporter and I believe he has many well informed sources. I dont know this Jeff guy and i'm not sure if its more of a guess or based on logic but i'm not gonna tear the guy apart because what he is reporting isn't the answer i'm looking for. We'll just have to wait and see

The only thing I can't stand about zags is his reporting on not only college ball, but tennis and music.  Time to separate the blogs.  It lends itself to an appearance of more credibility.

« Reply #1769 on: September 13, 2011, 04:50:26 PM »
New odds I heard:

SHU: 69%
UCLA: 22%
Florida: 7%
SJU: 2%
Georgetown: 0%

I will keep you posted...
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 05:15:02 PM by fordham96 »

Moose

« Reply #1770 on: September 13, 2011, 04:54:12 PM »
Pretty surprised no Hall fans have ventured over here so far
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #1771 on: September 13, 2011, 05:06:27 PM »
Pretty surprised no Hall fans have ventured over here so far
How do we know it's not one fan over there with just a bunch of aliases like we had on our sites for awhile :)

« Reply #1772 on: September 13, 2011, 05:31:06 PM »
New odds I heard:

SHU: 69%
UCLA: 22%
Flrodia: 7%
SJU: 2%
Georgetown: 0%

I will keep you posted...
Thanks for giving me the updated Kyle "Sentimentrix" poll.  I think 3.4 of us were happy to read it.  :2funny:

« Reply #1773 on: September 13, 2011, 05:43:31 PM »
Just relax... Everything is still fine. Seton Hall people in North Jersey are just making....

ANCHORMAN - LOUD NOISES ! - FUNNY
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #1774 on: September 13, 2011, 05:53:20 PM »
All I know is after reading their board over there for the 1st time last night and today I'm not sure which reason I'm hoping Kyle chooses us more. Either so we can get on with the business of winning a national championship or to watch their site implode into a midget circus

LJSA

« Reply #1775 on: September 13, 2011, 05:54:39 PM »

I know one Hall fan in particular who has been antagonizing Zags.  I'm positive there are several more who has hassled him a time or two.

Not sure if this guy has hasseled him, but I laughed my ass off when I read this. It was in response to Seton Hall's illegal tweet a week or so back. Talk about paranoia:

piratesfan SEPTEMBER 08, 2011, 7:19PM AT 7:19 PM #
There’s something rotton in Denmark. There is no way that anybody in a decision-making position at SHU authorized this.

What an amazing coincidence. Just as SHU looks to have a good chance to land Kyle Anderson and skyrocket to the top of the Big East, somebody who does not want that to happen clicks on a mouse. Who could that be?

Could this be a case of hacking? Remember that Bobby Gonzalez used to complain about dirty tricks. Not all paranoid people imagine things.

Whatever happened, somebody needs to be fired and/or sued and/or prosecuted.

BTW, don’t you think that a true journalist should gather all the facts before writing anything about a story, especially one like this? Is there actually adult supervision left in any newsroom?

Poison

« Reply #1776 on: September 13, 2011, 06:15:48 PM »
Seton Hall isn't going to sniff the NIT this year.
Does anyone really think that Kyle Anderson wants to be a savior?

That doesn't work out well for NY area recruits. No one player has ever saved 
a program. He's not going to Seton Hall. It makes zero sense to walk into a living Hell when you have options.

crgreen

« Reply #1777 on: September 13, 2011, 06:47:47 PM »
Seton Hall isn't going to sniff the NIT this year.
Does anyone really think that Kyle Anderson wants to be a savior?

That doesn't work out well for NY area recruits. No one player has ever saved 
a program. He's not going to Seton Hall. It makes zero sense to walk into a living Hell when you have options.

Interesting research project.  How have mid to low tier programs who held a local "true elite" player at home fared in the past? 

Poison

« Reply #1778 on: September 13, 2011, 06:58:36 PM »
Crgreen, there really is no way to tell how a player will handle the next level. We've seen our share of players not live up to the hype, or simply not amount to the pro players that we've expected them to.

It comes down to real make up of an individual. Yes, coaching, and teammates mean a lot, but hard work, and recognizing areas that need improvement mean more than anything.

I've always believed that in most cases the lessons learned after a freshman season will determine what kind of career a player will have from then on. From our perspective, you can look at two players: Lopez and Postell. One regressed after his freshman season, and the other hit the weight room, watched tape, focused and became a stud.

Boeheim and Calhoun have a great track record for getting kids to focus, and come back stronger as sophs, but they can talk all they want, it's up to the kid to listen.

crgreen

« Reply #1779 on: September 13, 2011, 07:09:05 PM »
Crgreen, there really is no way to tell how a player will handle the next level. We've seen our share of players not live up to the hype, or simply not amount to the pro players that we've expected them to.

It comes down to real make up of an individual. Yes, coaching, and teammates mean a lot, but hard work, and recognizing areas that need improvement mean more than anything.

I've always believed that in most cases the lessons learned after a freshman season will determine what kind of career a player will have from then on. From our perspective, you can look at two players: Lopez and Postell. One regressed after his freshman season, and the other hit the weight room, watched tape, focused and became a stud.

Boeheim and Calhoun have a great track record for getting kids to focus, and come back stronger as sophs, but they can talk all they want, it's up to the kid to listen.

I agree.  The problem is, as I pointed out in an earlier post in the thread, there's only an infinitessimal chance a player of Kyles ranking is in college beyond his Freshman year, (unless there's something remarkable like the NBA lockout - because of that Barnes & Sullinger are back for next year - but other than that, in the last decade of the 21 #1 or #2 consensus ranked prospects, only Josh McRoberts was still in college as a sophmore - and he left midway thru that season for the pros. (It's 21 because last year there was a tie in the RSCI rankings for #2 between Sullinger and Kyrie Irving)..