Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies

Moose

Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #1900 on: September 15, 2011, 09:47:11 AM »
Kob is right on about Mr. Anderson's preference but there are definitely others close to the young man pulling and pushing him in other directions. I mean his sister (with whom he is VERY close) has made her pick very clear.

Where has she made it clear?  All I've seen is tweets saying she doesn't want him to go away and an "UGH" reaction to her brother whenever he talks about Hall.

Someone posted a tweet last week about his sister liking Cali or something of that nature.

Not doubting you but would love to see it.

Thanks to Dink for sending her Twitter name.  She did talk about wishing she went away to school.  But also talked down on Hall, but also chatted up Jordan Theodore, and also spoke highly of STJ and retweeted STJ tweets.  As is the case with the whole recruitment she is playing the game very well.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Poison

« Reply #1901 on: September 15, 2011, 10:06:55 AM »
Willard is not dead without Anderson but it will hurt massively. He has an AD that loves him and completely believes in him. They will put up with a lot after the disaster that was Bobby Gonzalez and people don't even know half of what that lunatic did at Seton Hall.

One good player doesn't make you a good team. Marshon Brooks averaged 25 PPG and Providence was awful.

« Reply #1902 on: September 15, 2011, 10:17:20 AM »
I might get pummeled on this.

I'm a big SJU fan & hope he comes here, BUT
if he doesnt, I hope he picks SHU.

SHU needs him the most of the 5 schools, by far.
Keep the Big East strong ( esp the BB schools)
( I wouldnt say that if the choices were UCONN, Cuse or Pitt)

With that said, I think SHU is the worst pick for him for his future.
A great player on a bad team can shine in HS.
A great player on a bad college team might lose his shine,
between frustration, lost assists, double teams, etc

A great player on a very very good college team can lead  them deep into the NCAA's
along with all the national exposure ( & FUN !, lets remember these are 19-20 year old kids)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 10:21:33 AM by stevep502 »
Molloy '71

« Reply #1903 on: September 15, 2011, 10:26:06 AM »

crgreen

« Reply #1904 on: September 15, 2011, 10:33:57 AM »
Willard is not dead without Anderson but it will hurt massively. He has an AD that loves him and completely believes in him. They will put up with a lot after the disaster that was Bobby Gonzalez and people don't even know half of what that lunatic did at Seton Hall.

One good player doesn't make you a good team. Marshon Brooks averaged 25 PPG and Providence was awful.

Yeah.  Bird had the great Carl Nicks. 

« Reply #1905 on: September 15, 2011, 10:39:56 AM »
Per Zags.....

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/09/15/pirate-fans-flock-to-support-anderson/

What's up with this pic?

LMAO, that might be the saddest, most pathetic picture I have ever seen.   :2funny:

Now I know 100% that those clowns showing up at his game will hurt them.  That is just straight up embarrassing for everyone involved.  I feel terrible for Kyle.

pmg911

« Reply #1906 on: September 15, 2011, 10:44:30 AM »
Poison - not trying to be a wise guy at all but how old are you.?

Larry Bird carried a team on his back all the way to NCAA Finals undefeated before losing to Michigan State and Magic Johnson.

Using Marshon Brooks in any type of comparrison to Larry Bird is scary.

TheVig

« Reply #1907 on: September 15, 2011, 10:46:17 AM »

I believe that they will hang on to him, but he's dead without Anderson.  Even with him, I'm not sure he has the gusto to consistently land big east tier recruits.

I agree MCN. Rivals has them taking 7 kids in the class of 2011. Does anyone know if that is accurate? They already have a JC commit for 2012. If all those kids make it onto campus, they're tying up 8 schollies and none are top 150 recruits to my knowledge. That leaves Willard 4 schollies to put more pieces around Kyle and I don't think 4 blue chippers are gonna flock to SHU just to play with Kyle. There is plenty of talent at other schools. I, personally, don't even think they'll make the tourney Kyle's frosh year if he were to go there.

« Reply #1908 on: September 15, 2011, 10:56:01 AM »
Aint no doubt pops was leanin to the Hall fo a time, but things done change.

In the end, I believe sympathy, nostalgia, whateva y'all wanna call it will be thrown out. This fam has always made pragmatic decisions. Ever wonder why KA went to PC 45 mins away from home when St. Anthony is right around the corner? Pragmatic decisions, pragmatic decisions.

Shout out to Jimmy and Benjie still doin they thing after the turrible closin of a fantastic school.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #1909 on: September 15, 2011, 10:57:09 AM »
Per Zags.....

What's up with this pic?

Looks like some kids conned their parents into thinking they were going to bingo night and instead dragged them there.

« Reply #1910 on: September 15, 2011, 11:02:03 AM »
Aint no doubt pops was leanin to the Hall fo a time, but things done change.

In the end, I believe sympathy, nostalgia, whateva y'all wanna call it will be thrown out. This fam has always made pragmatic decisions. Ever wonder why KA went to PC 45 mins away from home when St. Anthony is right around the corner? Pragmatic decisions, pragmatic decisions.

Shout out to Jimmy and Benjie still doin they thing after the turrible closin of a fantastic school.

Choz I agree.

Do you want to go on record?

Poison

« Reply #1911 on: September 15, 2011, 11:05:01 AM »
Poison - not trying to be a wise guy at all but how old are you.?

Larry Bird carried a team on his back all the way to NCAA Finals undefeated before losing to Michigan State and Magic Johnson.

Using Marshon Brooks in any type of comparrison to Larry Bird is scary.

Are you suggesting that I compared Marshon Brooks to Larry Bird? I think you need to read what I wrote again.
Why do you keep asking how old I am? It's getting annoying.

I never mentioned Larry Bird. What I said is that Kyle Anderson isn't going to make Seton Hall a winer by himself. He needs more talent around him. Perhaps that will open the floodgates for them like it did for us with Harkless.

Poison

« Reply #1912 on: September 15, 2011, 11:06:38 AM »

Yeah.  Bird had the great Carl Nicks. 

No one should ever compare a recruit to Larry Bird. Not ever.

« Reply #1913 on: September 15, 2011, 11:08:16 AM »
If we are to believe KA that he has no idea which school he will choose (quote from Zags article) 5 days from his self imposed decision day why his he even setting a deadline when he has until next May to decide?

« Reply #1914 on: September 15, 2011, 11:40:43 AM »
Kob is right on about Mr. Anderson's preference but there are definitely others close to the young man pulling and pushing him in other directions. I mean his sister (with whom he is VERY close) has made her pick very clear.

Where has she made it clear?  All I've seen is tweets saying she doesn't want him to go away and an "UGH" reaction to her brother whenever he talks about Hall.

in one of her tweets she said (not quoting) that she hates when her brother tweets about SH.  Then someone replied (not quoting) you want cali right?.  KA's sister's response (not quoting) of course, a lot more media.

« Reply #1915 on: September 15, 2011, 11:43:41 AM »
Per Zags.....

What's up with this pic?

Looks like some kids conned their parents into thinking they were going to bingo night and instead dragged them there.

LOL!!!!

Well if this doesn't draw Kyle to SHU nothing will...

sju89tr

« Reply #1916 on: September 15, 2011, 11:44:14 AM »
This family is too hands on to want him to go 3k miles away and just watch on TV, trust me I have been in LA for 20 years, NYC is the media capital of the world and sports never come first out here to anything that conflicts with lifestyle. If teams are not fighting for a title, only the die hards care , including the press   

sju89tr

« Reply #1917 on: September 15, 2011, 11:44:59 AM »
Per Zags.....

What's up with this pic?

LOL!!!!

The guy in the lower right is just cracking me up

Moose

« Reply #1918 on: September 15, 2011, 11:47:17 AM »
Per Zags.....

What's up with this pic?

LOL!!!!

The guy in the lower right is just cracking me up

Is HallDan pictured?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #1919 on: September 15, 2011, 11:55:30 AM »

I have to give the Father a ton of credit. He knows his influence is a major factor with his son and he is staying away from his visits and letting him see places for himself or with his other family members.

As for SJU, this recruitment is over in their eyes, there is nothing more they can do. Kyle leaves for a visit to Florida today or tomorrow and the Seton Hall has the last in home visit on the 18th. They have done everything they can at this point.

For St. John's, Coach Lavin and staff will just move on and not look back if Kyle goes elsewhere. The Seton Hall guys will be crushed if they loses this fight but they have jobs to do as well and will move forward. What I think will be interesting for SHU is if Kyle Anderson will be able to get any others guys to take a hard look at the Hall if he goes there and be the first potential domino for SHU recruiting. I don't think Kyle Anderson will break Kevin Willard's coaching career but he can potentially push it forward in a huge way.

I think you're wrong. Willard is dead w/out Kyle.
Exactly. His roster is now loaded with frosh schollies of mostly avg players.  Looking back, I bet he'll kick himself for not saving some for this year in light of the positive press he's pulled in.  In the end, those avg players are a reason not to go there imo if you are a higher level talent.