Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies

sju89tr

Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #1920 on: September 15, 2011, 12:01:29 PM »
Kob is right on about Mr. Anderson's preference but there are definitely others close to the young man pulling and pushing him in other directions. I mean his sister (with whom he is VERY close) has made her pick very clear.

I have to give the Father a ton of credit. He knows his influence is a major factor with his son and he is staying away from his visits and letting him see places for himself or with his other family members.

As for SJU, this recruitment is over in their eyes, there is nothing more they can do. Kyle leaves for a visit to Florida today or tomorrow and the Seton Hall has the last in home visit on the 18th. They have done everything they can at this point.

For St. John's, Coach Lavin and staff will just move on and not look back if Kyle goes elsewhere. The Seton Hall guys will be crushed if they loses this fight but they have jobs to do as well and will move forward. What I think will be interesting for SHU is if Kyle Anderson will be able to get any others guys to take a hard look at the Hall if he goes there and be the first potential domino for SHU recruiting. I don't think Kyle Anderson will break Kevin Willard's coaching career but he can potentially push it forward in a huge way.

I think you're wrong. Willard is dead w/out Kyle.
Exactly. His roster is now loaded with frosh schollies of mostly avg players.  Looking back, I bet he'll kick himself for not saving some for this year in light of the positive press he's pulled in.  In the end, those avg players are a reason not to go there imo if you are a higher level talent.

They will have one other ship available if they land Kyle, and none for the class of 13 unless Willard pushes a few out the door.

NYCoffey

« Reply #1921 on: September 15, 2011, 12:23:33 PM »
We think what Seton Hall is doing. UCLA is trying to one up them in the creepy department. Hopefully they go through with this plan. This will knock them out of the race.

http://jacobruffman.myfullseat.com/events/1282043-Tweet-Facebook-Kyle-Anderson-to-commit-to-UCLA

sju89tr

« Reply #1922 on: September 15, 2011, 12:33:54 PM »
We think what Seton Hall is doing. UCLA is trying to one up them in the creepy department. Hopefully they go through with this plan. This will knock them out of the race.

http://jacobruffman.myfullseat.com/events/1282043-Tweet-Facebook-Kyle-Anderson-to-commit-to-UCLA

That is a major recruiting violation

« Reply #1923 on: September 15, 2011, 12:37:07 PM »

As big of a violation as Baron Davis talking to KA while he was visiting?

NYCoffey

« Reply #1924 on: September 15, 2011, 12:37:57 PM »
Even if it wasn't, this would scare the hell out of me. Poor kid is going to need to change all of his contact info to keep away from over zealous fans. I wouldnt be suprised if he commits before his birthday just to stop the madness.

sju89tr

« Reply #1925 on: September 15, 2011, 12:39:37 PM »

As big of a violation as Baron Davis talking to KA while he was visiting?

I believe so, he is a member of the schools newspaper. Lavin had one of his former players on cmpus and Baron is not a representative of St Johns (not a booster, not alumni etc) , same as Kyle running with non UCLA athletes when he visited

« Reply #1926 on: September 15, 2011, 12:52:56 PM »

It is a violation but there is no one you can punish assuming the person is not associated with the school.  In other words how can UCLA be responsible for a student or fan doing something without their knowledge or endorsement, right? How in the world is that their responsiblity?  The reason the SHU tweet from last week was is because that is an OFFICAL SHU site.  They control it.

But let's say I live in Boise, Idaho.  I did not even go to SJU.  I am a fan and a supporter.  I start a facebook page about a recruit.  It probably violates the booster associating with a recruit rule.  But who are you going to punish?  The school has nothing to do with the page.  Are you going to say that the school needs to regulate EVERYONE that could potentially be a booster and a have a computer?  Well guess what that is potentially everyone in the world, right?  Theoretically you could have 6 billion potential boosters to a school. No way you can hold a school responisble for that.  Nor should you.

Having said that I would not be surprised if someone from UCLA either politely asked the idiot to stop this or at least told him to make it clear on his page he has NO association with the school or the athletic dept.

gman

« Reply #1927 on: September 15, 2011, 12:58:07 PM »
That would be a recruiting violation for ucla. Bomb him away takes out one team.

« Reply #1928 on: September 15, 2011, 01:00:33 PM »
That would be a recruiting violation for ucla. Bomb him away takes out one team.

If their was a direct association with the school and the school either knowingly endorsed it or did nothing to stop it once they were alerted of it.

Gumby

« Reply #1929 on: September 15, 2011, 01:12:31 PM »
From what I am reading from knowledgeable posters is KA's Dad has always have a strong feeling towards SHU.  That just mystifies the heck out of me, if true.

Quite frankly, we are not just talking just about a soon-to-be 18 year basketball player picking one of five colleges.  We (and the KA Family) are really talking about the next step in KA Inc.  KA's Dad has put so much effort into bringing up KA the correct way, basketball-wise.  That was Step One in KA Inc.  The next step is selecting the finishing school (college) for KA.  That is to be followed by KA developing his skills and frame even more so in college for the NBA.  Then it is on to the NBA, not just to be a player, but a star. 

I am sure like most fathers, KA's Dad wants his son to have a very successful career.  And KA would like to take care of his family as well.

Having said all of that why select a school, basketball-wise, ranked fifth of the five schools in contention.  And a school that if it were not in NJ would not be on the list.  I said this before and I will again, Father and son have put too much hard work to this point to select a maybe situation.  KA  needs to take the best overall school of the five.  And quite frankly, I think three of the schools would fit that demand.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 01:16:18 PM by Gumby »

MCNPA

« Reply #1930 on: September 15, 2011, 01:13:59 PM »
Per SHU board, Kyles friend and former Hofstra player Rick Apodaca is tweeting congrats to Kyle picking UCLA.  Hope he doesnt know something at this point.  Wouldn't be surprised if he did ultimately pick ucla.  Hoping it is not the case of him letting cat out of the bag too soon.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 01:14:57 PM by MCNPA »

Moose

« Reply #1931 on: September 15, 2011, 01:21:59 PM »
Per SHU board, Kyles friend and former Hofstra player Rick Apodaca is tweeting congrats to Kyle picking UCLA.  Hope he doesnt know something at this point.  Wouldn't be surprised if he did ultimately pick ucla.  Hoping it is not the case of him letting cat out of the bag too soon.

BIG CONGRATS TO @KyleAnderson5 GOING TO UCLA KNOW HIM SINCE HE WAS IN PAMPERS VERY PROUD AMAZING YOUNG MAN GREW UP WITH HIS BROS N POPS

Oh well.  Guess its over.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #1932 on: September 15, 2011, 01:32:24 PM »

BIG CONGRATS TO @KyleAnderson5 GOING TO UCLA KNOW HIM SINCE HE WAS IN PAMPERS VERY PROUD AMAZING YOUNG MAN GREW UP WITH HIS BROS N POPS

If it's true, why is he even going to go to Florida this weekend? Seems messed up to keep playing these schools if you're mind is made up.

pmg911

« Reply #1933 on: September 15, 2011, 01:39:48 PM »
If it is true, the kid Apodaca should have the $hit beat out of him for ruining one of the biggest events of the kids life.

Poison

« Reply #1934 on: September 15, 2011, 01:42:46 PM »
If it is true, the kid Apodaca should have the $hit beat out of him for ruining one of the biggest events of the kids life.

How old are you? :)

« Reply #1935 on: September 15, 2011, 01:43:08 PM »

Agree.  I also noticed his tweet was posted 12 hours ago.  Not that it isn't true, but noticed it was awhile ago.  He could also be playing around.  Just 4 more days 'til this is done.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 01:45:19 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #1936 on: September 15, 2011, 01:44:50 PM »

That in itself isn't a violation but people reaching out to him via social networks asking him to come to their schools is a violation (but a VERY minor one at that)
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

MCNPA

« Reply #1937 on: September 15, 2011, 01:45:33 PM »
Could be his buddy messing with Kyle and the fan bases as well....

« Reply #1938 on: September 15, 2011, 01:46:39 PM »

What relation to Bob Apodaca?

« Reply #1939 on: September 15, 2011, 01:50:40 PM »

That in itself isn't a violation but people reaching out to him via social networks asking him to come to their schools is a violation (but a VERY minor one at that)
I know a few cited the NY Times article on the Duke Facebook page story as a good example of school admin snuffing improper behavior. It's a zoo out there, like we all have said.  I think it does no good in Kyle's eyes.  When it all fades, he's going to spend most of his time with his teammates and coaches.  That is what matters for his future.  I usually don't think of my college buddies (or fans in Kyle's case) as the reason why I've achieved what I have in my career...but I appreciated their support and the good times we shared
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 02:50:45 PM by bball purist »