Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies

Marillac

Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #1940 on: September 15, 2011, 02:06:36 PM »
Shocked Duke was never involved with this kid. He seems right up Duke's alley.

How? He's nothing like any Duke PG in Coach K era.

That was a very narrow way to construe what I posted.  His bball IQ, positive family influence, and character all seem very consistent wtih the kind of kid Duke goes after.  There is also the St. Anthony's connection and the fact that Coach K has pulled a lot of players from Jersey. 

« Reply #1941 on: September 15, 2011, 02:21:14 PM »

That was a very narrow way to construe what I posted.  His bball IQ, positive family influence, and character all seem very consistent wtih the kind of kid Duke goes after.  There is also the St. Anthony's connection and the fact that Coach K has pulled a lot of players from Jersey. 

I could agree that I think Kyle would succeed at Duke but I think Coach K looks at him and says he's not my kind of player. Duke never expressed any interest in Kyle at all.

As for St. Anthony's connection, you need to fill me in. Has there been a lot of guys to have gone there from St. Ants? I'm drawing blanks.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #1942 on: September 15, 2011, 02:27:14 PM »
Per SHU board, Kyles friend and former Hofstra player Rick Apodaca is tweeting congrats to Kyle picking UCLA.  Hope he doesnt know something at this point.  Wouldn't be surprised if he did ultimately pick ucla.  Hoping it is not the case of him letting cat out of the bag too soon.

BIG CONGRATS TO @KyleAnderson5 GOING TO UCLA KNOW HIM SINCE HE WAS IN PAMPERS VERY PROUD AMAZING YOUNG MAN GREW UP WITH HIS BROS N POPS

Oh well.  Guess its over

well that sucks.  I was hoping he would stay in the big east.  Best of Luck to Him
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Moose

« Reply #1943 on: September 15, 2011, 02:38:03 PM »
Per SHU board, Kyles friend and former Hofstra player Rick Apodaca is tweeting congrats to Kyle picking UCLA.  Hope he doesnt know something at this point.  Wouldn't be surprised if he did ultimately pick ucla.  Hoping it is not the case of him letting cat out of the bag too soon.

BIG CONGRATS TO @KyleAnderson5 GOING TO UCLA KNOW HIM SINCE HE WAS IN PAMPERS VERY PROUD AMAZING YOUNG MAN GREW UP WITH HIS BROS N POPS

Oh well.  Guess its over

well that sucks.  I was hoping he would stay in the big east.  Best of Luck to Him

For full clarity I was being extremely sarcastic and facetious. 
Remember who broke the Slice news

Poison

« Reply #1944 on: September 15, 2011, 02:41:01 PM »
I see nothing anywhere that confirms he picked UCLA. Does anyone?

Moose

« Reply #1945 on: September 15, 2011, 02:41:37 PM »
I see nothing anywhere that confirms he picked UCLA. Does anyone?

No aka, no juice to squeeze.

« Reply #1946 on: September 15, 2011, 02:50:30 PM »
Ricky is tricky. Always been. Always be.
Great baller, prolly the best from that area. Grew up next town over from the Andersons. Knows him well, but would be surprise if he know this.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

pmg911

« Reply #1947 on: September 15, 2011, 02:55:27 PM »
Poison - I am proudly 41 years young..   ha ha ha

« Reply #1948 on: September 15, 2011, 03:23:47 PM »
Poison - I am proudly 41 years young..   ha ha ha
and still full of piss and vinegar! Ol' Skool pull - although I'm your age range :D

« Reply #1949 on: September 15, 2011, 03:48:38 PM »
From the man himself:

KyleAnderson5 Vinny Chase
False RT @NealNieves: Wait What RT @rickapodaca: BIG CONGRATS TO @KyleAnderson5 GOING TO UCLA KNOW HIM SINCE HE WAS IN PAMPERS

http://twitter.com/#!/KyleAnderson5/status/114424085022384129

dR3w

« Reply #1950 on: September 15, 2011, 04:13:37 PM »
From the man himself:

KyleAnderson5 Vinny Chase
False RT @NealNieves: Wait What RT @rickapodaca: BIG CONGRATS TO @KyleAnderson5 GOING TO UCLA KNOW HIM SINCE HE WAS IN PAMPERS

http://twitter.com/#!/KyleAnderson5/status/114424085022384129

The kid still has visits scheduled, true or not, what would you expect him to say?  Just gonna have to wait.  Good luck to him in making his decision.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 04:14:33 PM by dR3w »

Moose

« Reply #1951 on: September 15, 2011, 04:27:52 PM »
Can Kyle play this year?

LJSA

« Reply #1952 on: September 15, 2011, 04:42:51 PM »
Can Kyle play this year?

He wouldn't once we told him he'd be playing center. :)

« Reply #1953 on: September 15, 2011, 04:53:25 PM »
Those SH fans at KA's game look like they were paid to be there. Recruitment of KA to ST J may be affected by 3 of this yrs recruits being ruled ineligible. :-[

« Reply #1954 on: September 15, 2011, 05:04:15 PM »
Those SH fans at KA's game look like they were paid to be there. Recruitment of KA to ST J may be affected by 3 of this yrs recruits being ruled ineligible. :-[

it really shouldn't.  we have two (and maybe more now) exceptional players coming in next year.

« Reply #1955 on: September 15, 2011, 05:13:21 PM »

it really shouldn't.  we have two (and maybe more now) exceptional players coming in next year.
We should be patient supporting our guys.  But it is true, certain other top recruits will jump at a chance to fill a void if it's created.  The staff is a top notch staff - that hasn't changed.  I'm hangin tight, knowing that the odds are the school works with the 2A to clarify matters, and hopefully grades this semester work out.

« Reply #1956 on: September 15, 2011, 05:24:46 PM »
Those SH fans at KA's game look like they were paid to be there.

LOL  No kidding!  It looked like some were grabbed out of a retirement home (while others were snatched off the streets), and handed t-shirts and free ice cream to enter the gymnasium.

I'm looking forward to those kids being eligible in December.  I'm not gonna press the panic button just yet. 
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 05:26:51 PM by mjdinkins »

crgreen

« Reply #1957 on: September 15, 2011, 05:38:24 PM »

I could agree that I think Kyle would succeed at Duke but I think Coach K looks at him and says he's not my kind of player. Duke never expressed any interest in Kyle at all.

As for St. Anthony's connection, you need to fill me in. Has there been a lot of guys to have gone there from St. Ants? I'm drawing blanks.

Dave, you should use a smiley face when you're kidding.   Hmm..What player might Bobby Hurley SENIOR have sent to Duke?  :)
Yes, obvious answer, Roshawn McLeod....

LJSA

« Reply #1958 on: September 15, 2011, 05:56:40 PM »
Dave, you should use a smiley face when you're kidding.   Hmm..What player might Bobby Hurley SENIOR have sent to Duke?  :)
Yes, obvious answer, Roshawn McLeod....

Well, a St. John's fan might contend that Brian Mahoney's misuse of McLeod sent him to Duke. :)

Marillac

« Reply #1959 on: September 15, 2011, 05:57:06 PM »
Bobby Hurley Jr. Was the obvious answer there, but there is also McLeod and even Danny Hurley has sent at least one player--Lance Thomas-- to Duke.