Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies

mkras99

Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #2040 on: September 17, 2011, 10:43:15 PM »
This is all so much nonsense. Hopefully the young man comes.

« Reply #2041 on: September 17, 2011, 10:56:45 PM »
lol why are any of you guys paying attention to this?

St. John's rivals is a dying website. He's posting rumors from a source from Seton Hall. C'Mon Man! (chris carter voice)
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Moose

« Reply #2042 on: September 17, 2011, 11:02:03 PM »

St. John's rivals is a dying website. He's posting rumors from a source from Seton Hall. C'Mon Man! (chris carter voice)

People have to pay attention to something as they wait for a Johnny Jungle update.
Remember who broke the Slice news

mkras99

« Reply #2043 on: September 17, 2011, 11:08:05 PM »
Hah.

Gumby

« Reply #2044 on: September 17, 2011, 11:13:03 PM »
Dave,

It is time for you to start spending some advertising dollars.

Go with a large banner to hang on the GW Bridge stating "KA for Mayor of NYC".

Follow up with having the Empire State Building go red on 9/19 with a "Happy 18th- KA" facing NJ.

Use the MetLife blimp at MetLife Stadium to flash "SJU wants KA".

After all, NY is the media capital of the world.

Moose

« Reply #2045 on: September 17, 2011, 11:14:29 PM »
Dave,

Follow up with having the Empire State Building go red on 9/19 with a "Happy 18th- KA" facing NJ.

Hello Violations.

« Reply #2046 on: September 17, 2011, 11:30:28 PM »

People have to pay attention to something as they wait for a Johnny Jungle update.

I'll charge you $19.95 for the next one.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Moose

« Reply #2047 on: September 17, 2011, 11:33:51 PM »

I'll charge you $19.95 for the next one.

The few beers I've bought you will even it out.

Oops lets keep this about Kyle before Gumby comes back :)

miltk

« Reply #2048 on: September 18, 2011, 05:10:33 AM »
the whole kyles saga, like his bud bazz, has been skillfully choreographed to maximize their profile and image(this is especially the case with bazz, so i'm sure some of it has rubbed off on kyle). therefore i feel any so-called news or leaks concerning their decision have all been accidentally on purpose leaked. i don't believe anything i read.

the best way for a recruit to cover up his intention is to throw out many rumors with many possibilities, and i think that's what kyle inc is doing. that apodaca thing is total bs. a close friend would never tweet so openly about this and, as one poster has said, ruin ka's big moment. the dad wearing a ucla jacket is bs too...a little too obvious. both of which, if i were a betting man, points AWAY from ucla rather than towards it.

any smoke coming from ucla is because the "fire" started back east, and the bruin fans are just blowing it back. they have every right to HOPE ka picks westwood, however they are 3000 miles away and are not close to the situation back here. allz i can sense is the steam has left stJ and you're all kinda depressed. you're making it sound like it's a ucla/sh race.

MCNPA

« Reply #2049 on: September 18, 2011, 06:23:16 AM »
the whole kyles saga, like his bud bazz, has been skillfully choreographed to maximize their profile and image(this is especially the case with bazz, so i'm sure some of it has rubbed off on kyle). therefore i feel any so-called news or leaks concerning their decision have all been accidentally on purpose leaked. i don't believe anything i read.

the best way for a recruit to cover up his intention is to throw out many rumors with many possibilities, and i think that's what kyle inc is doing. that apodaca thing is total bs. a close friend would never tweet so openly about this and, as one poster has said, ruin ka's big moment. the dad wearing a ucla jacket is bs too...a little too obvious. both of which, if i were a betting man, points AWAY from ucla rather than towards it.

any smoke coming from ucla is because the "fire" started back east, and the bruin fans are just blowing it back. they have every right to HOPE ka picks westwood, however they are 3000 miles away and are not close to the situation back here. allz i can sense is the steam has left stJ and you're all kinda depressed. you're making it sound like it's a ucla/sh race.

I won't concede until Kyle says so.  I still think SJU is the best choice.  Regardless of a few kids not qualifying, adding Amir and one or two of the others in December and Gathers, Wood, Anderson etc next year, and I think we're a Final 8 caliber team starting next year.  Still think our staff is the best and won't bow out to SHU, who I think has a totally unproven coach, poor roster and nothing on SJU.  Go Redmen!

« Reply #2050 on: September 18, 2011, 10:45:33 AM »
allz i can sense is the steam has left stJ and you're all kinda depressed. you're making it sound like it's a ucla/sh race.

Speaking for the fan base....  You're wrong when it comes to the majority of us.  Pretty even keeled group overall.  As, MCN recently stated....  We still can be one of the better teams in college basketball in 2012-2013 and we're still the better choice for Anderson in the end.  We're not devoid of talent at all!

Hopefully, Anderson decides to come to Queens and enhance on our talent. 

« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 10:57:28 AM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #2051 on: September 18, 2011, 10:55:19 AM »
I rarely post but have been following  this since the start and I had to at least give my opinion after reading every post. All I've ever read is that he is very close to his family and wants to play in front of family and friends. Which to me means it is still between us and the Hall. Even if all three recruits don't suit up for the Redmen and Nuri is one and done, here is who he plays with next year for us. Harrison, Greene, Woods, Harkless, Pointer, Gift and Gathers. Plus three new recruits who replace the old ones. Would you rather play with that group or what the Hall has coming in? And that is worst case scenario. It looks like Garrett and maybe Sampson will be back in December. Then add to that the staff to help him get to the N.B.A. and the Garden and major media coverage and it all adds up to St Johns. I could be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time but I have total faith in Coach Lavin. I'm still confident he is coming to Queens.

Gumby

« Reply #2052 on: September 18, 2011, 11:04:52 AM »
Dave,

Hello Violations.

I know you knew my message was in jest, but if the NCAA thinks we are of a "manipulating" school, we can always blame it on another school or a webmaster from say another local college. Say in NJ!

Any way, posters, keep the faith!  KA will be wearing Red on Tuesday!

« Reply #2053 on: September 18, 2011, 11:35:37 AM »
Numerous cases where most signs pointed to a recruit signing elsewhere and he ends up at a different school than most thought so I for one am not giving up. Let's hope come Tuesday that KA is a Johnnie.

MCNPA

« Reply #2054 on: September 18, 2011, 12:09:45 PM »
Numerous cases where most signs pointed to a recruit signing elsewhere and he ends up at a different school than most thought so I for one am not giving up. Let's hope come Tuesday that KA is a Johnnie.

I still think he will be.  A lot of these "signs" are just a smokescreen.  No guarantees, but a hunch we're right in it if not the public favorite.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 12:11:14 PM by MCNPA »

« Reply #2055 on: September 18, 2011, 01:43:38 PM »
our recruits not qualifying plus cuse and pitt leaving... and potentially uconn and rutgers! no way does he come here or SH.  the BE could potentially be one of the weaker conferences by the time he gets to college. this ship has sailed...

« Reply #2056 on: September 18, 2011, 01:46:25 PM »
our recruits not qualifying plus cuse and pitt leaving... and potentially uconn and rutgers! no way does he come here or SH.  the BE could potentially be one of the weaker conferences by the time he gets to college. this ship has sailed...

Didn't someone say that can't leave the Big East for 2 years or something like that ?

Look at our out of conference schedule now. We can easily replace those games with other top tier games

« Reply #2057 on: September 18, 2011, 01:58:26 PM »

Didn't someone say that can't leave the Big East for 2 years or something like that ?

Look at our out of conference schedule now. We can easily replace those games with other top tier games

i heard on espn last night that the 24 months are negotiable and will likely be less than that.

ras

« Reply #2058 on: September 18, 2011, 02:36:06 PM »
  Its nice to see one of our posters talking an elite recruit out of coming to SJU.

« Reply #2059 on: September 18, 2011, 02:43:56 PM »
Can someone with access to Rivals tell us what this article called "Compelling Kyle Anderson commitment theory" says?

http://stjohns.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=1171&script=showmsg.asp&cid=&fid=2305&tid=162998670&mid=162998670&rid=

Says we had him but dropped the ball.  Wingate got it from someone who used to work at Hall.   Also said this which makes no sense to me and has me scratching my head.

The source also said that a connection between Seton Hall, the Nets owner and NBA aspirations is also a motivating factor.

Just a reminder - remember those "no talent assistant coaches who were only hired because they were buddies of Lavin"  that Steve had at UCLA when he was fired?  One of them was Gerald Madkins - he's now the VP of Player Personell for the New Orleans Hornets.  Chris Paul and Kyle Anderson would be a nice backcourt someday  :)
Except Paul will be gone by the time Kyle can get there :)