Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies
Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #2060 on: September 18, 2011, 02:45:02 PM »
our recruits not qualifying plus cuse and pitt leaving... and potentially uconn and rutgers! no way does he come here or SH.  the BE could potentially be one of the weaker conferences by the time he gets to college. this ship has sailed...
  Its nice to see one of our posters talking an elite recruit out of coming to SJU.
they're not leaving for at least one, probably two seasons. 27 months rule may be eased, not sure how it'll get handled.

Poison

« Reply #2061 on: September 18, 2011, 02:49:02 PM »
our recruits not qualifying plus cuse and pitt leaving... and potentially uconn and rutgers! no way does he come here or SH.  the BE could potentially be one of the weaker conferences by the time he gets to college. this ship has sailed...

That's ridiculous. The BE could lose it's top 5 basketball teams and still be a better bball conference than the PAC 10

« Reply #2062 on: September 18, 2011, 04:31:28 PM »

How soon we forget that the BE had 11 teams in the tournament last year. Losing two teams is not going to hurt the big east much at all in the short term when Kyle would be playing.

ras

« Reply #2063 on: September 18, 2011, 04:45:44 PM »
Rumors have him going to UF. Hope they are just rumors and nothing more.

« Reply #2064 on: September 18, 2011, 05:02:59 PM »
Zagoria's sources are now saying UCLA & Seton Hall are the front runners. Wonder what made his sources put Seton Hall above St. Johns. Regardless i'm hearing everyone except us and Georgetown but you never know.

« Reply #2065 on: September 18, 2011, 05:06:14 PM »

Forget the past.  Acc is talking about playing their tourney at msg. Hows it going to look when nc is playing cuse and we're playing Memphis or temple at the barclay center for the big east tourney?  Thats the new reality. Our administration better get on the offensive and not sit around waiting to see what comes of the be

How soon we forget that the BE had 11 teams in the tournament last year. Losing two teams is not going to hurt the big east much at all in the short term when Kyle would be playing.

MCNPA

« Reply #2066 on: September 18, 2011, 05:09:41 PM »
Zagoria's sources are now saying UCLA & Seton Hall are the front runners. Wonder what made his sources put Seton Hall above St. Johns. Regardless i'm hearing everyone except us and Georgetown but you never know.

Zags has been going at it with the Hall fans.  Wouldn't be surprised if he's listing those schools as leaders on purpose.  Maybe the Anderson family is giving Zags the scoop?  I wouldn't doubt it.  He's closer to the Anderson's than any other reporters.

« Reply #2067 on: September 18, 2011, 05:12:21 PM »
ALL POSTS NOT REGARDING KYLE ANDERSON IN THIS THREAD WILL BE REMOVED

There are other threads for other topics
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

mkras99

« Reply #2068 on: September 18, 2011, 05:17:01 PM »
Dave - where do you think Kyle will end up?

« Reply #2069 on: September 18, 2011, 05:37:46 PM »

I agree with you that you never know.  But, I've resigned myself to believe that we're not gonna be the landing spot for Anderson. 

I'd like for us to be his destination, but my instincts is telling me something different.  Considering, Zags has been closer to the Anderson family and Jimmy Salmons then this doesn't bode well for us.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 05:38:32 PM by mjdinkins »

Marillac

« Reply #2070 on: September 18, 2011, 05:40:39 PM »

I agree with you that you never know.  But, I've resigned myself to believe that we're not gonna be the landing spot for Anderson. 

I'd like for us to be his destination, but my instincts is telling me something different.  Considering, Zags has been closer to the Anderson family and Jimmy Salmons then this doesn't bode well for us.

Even after he announces it doesn't mean he knows where he's going.  I'd believe an insider that says he is going somewhere else even after Kyle makes it public. 

« Reply #2071 on: September 18, 2011, 07:16:19 PM »
Dave - where do you think Kyle will end up?

In college

mkras99

« Reply #2072 on: September 18, 2011, 07:18:20 PM »
What college, Dave? 

« Reply #2073 on: September 18, 2011, 07:30:24 PM »
What college, Dave? 

This recruitment has taken more twist and turns. I truly don't know. 48 hours

crgreen

« Reply #2074 on: September 18, 2011, 07:44:03 PM »
What college, Dave? 

This recruitment has taken more twist and turns. I truly don't know. 48 hours

Just send Kyle the John Belushi Animal House sweatshirt!

mkras99

« Reply #2075 on: September 18, 2011, 08:04:00 PM »
Seton Hall guys are saying we're out and have dropped out b/c of poor in-home presentation.  Saying they lead slightly over UCLA w/Florida still in play.  Guess we'll find out soon enough.  Would be interesting to know what went down at the in-home if what they're saying is true.

« Reply #2076 on: September 18, 2011, 08:16:19 PM »
Seton Hall guys are saying we're out and have dropped out b/c of poor in-home presentation.  Saying they lead slightly over UCLA w/Florida still in play.  Guess we'll find out soon enough.  Would be interesting to know what went down at the in-home if what they're saying is true.

We never had an in-home unless it was done in the dark.  So, that is BS.  They must mean it was G'town who had a poor in-home presentation. 
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 08:18:42 PM by mjdinkins »

MCNPA

« Reply #2077 on: September 18, 2011, 08:16:38 PM »

What could Lavin and Co. possibly do to eff up an in-home?  Sounds fishy to me.  Lavin has always had a great presentation, and more than that the facts on hand are that SJU presents a great opportunity in every way.  Willard could have the best presentation in the world, but the fact remains he's never won anything.  Try this for presentation.  "Hey Kyle, I'm Kevin Willard.  My team has no talent, but even better than that I have a fantastic record of 58-66 overall".  "Don't forget, my father was a really good coach who is now relegated to to being assistant for a really better coach than my dad".  "That's called pedigree". "Don't forget our fantastic facilities".  "Oh yeah, and blue and white are really nice colors" 

The Hall fans say they're in the lead and if so, good for them.  I have no idea why he'd want to play there but, I'd rather see Seton Hall land Kyle than one of these football-driven schools as much as it would pain me.  I still hope it's us though..

« Reply #2078 on: September 18, 2011, 08:25:47 PM »

We never had an in-home unless it was done in the dark.  So, that is BS.  They must mean it was G'town who had a poor in-home presentation.

They never had an in home.

Wods317

« Reply #2079 on: September 18, 2011, 08:27:02 PM »
Seems pretty obvious now that he is not coming here which is a shame because he could have done really well here I think. I think he probably strongly considered us but with all the talk of UCLA and even SH it seems all but over. The best thing is to just be pleasantly shocked if he does indeed announce for us, probably time to move on because theres nothing else we can do. The staff we know has some good backup options lined up, Lavin always does.