Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies
Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #2140 on: September 19, 2011, 12:48:33 PM »
Nate Blue is very well connected so I hear. If he's saying UCLA, while he was one of the last saying we had a shot, I gotta believe he's right.

I think the shake up of the Big East conference is going to weigh on KA's decision.  It would be a valid concern.  I'd believe UCLA for that reason.  By the way, am I the only one checking local news to see if there's a shooter on campus or some other news to sabotage our recruiting efforts?

« Reply #2141 on: September 19, 2011, 12:51:52 PM »
Circus is created by the thirst for info from fans like y'selves.

Kyle has handled this graciously and wit maturity that bely his years.

He set a deadline. Happens to be his b-day. So wha?
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #2142 on: September 19, 2011, 12:58:16 PM »
Nate Blue is very well connected so I hear. If he's saying UCLA, while he was one of the last saying we had a shot, I gotta believe he's right.

I think the shake up of the Big East conference is going to weigh on KA's decision.  It would be a valid concern.  I'd believe UCLA for that reason.  By the way, am I the only one checking local news to see if there's a shooter on campus or some other news to sabotage our recruiting efforts?

But the Pac 10 is no great shakes.

« Reply #2143 on: September 19, 2011, 01:00:56 PM »

I dont happen to agree with that at all but my reasoning shall remain on hold for now.

« Reply #2144 on: September 19, 2011, 01:04:56 PM »

I dont happen to agree with that at all but my reasoning shall remain on hold for now.

Please dont keep us all in suspense.

« Reply #2145 on: September 19, 2011, 01:31:48 PM »
If he chooses seton hall the only logic that makes sense to me is arrogance on the part of the andersons. In my mind if he goes to seton hall they must think that kyle has nothing to learn at the college level or kyle sr wants a weak program where he can call the shots for his son.

NYCoffey

« Reply #2146 on: September 19, 2011, 01:32:37 PM »

I think Kyle is behind the shake up in the big east. I believe he orchestrated Pitt and Syracuse going to the ACC so that Seton Hall will possibly have more than 5 Big East wins a year, and hence may make the NCAA tournament before 2020. This way his Seton Hall fans won't be too upset at him for choosing UCLA. I also think he will then merge the PAC, SEC, and ACC into a mega conference. That Kyle is sneaky and powerful.

dR3w

« Reply #2147 on: September 19, 2011, 01:50:15 PM »
I think Kyle is behind the shake up in the big east. I believe he orchestrated Pitt and Syracuse going to the ACC so that Seton Hall will possibly have more than 5 Big East wins a year, and hence may make the NCAA tournament before 2020. This way his Seton Hall fans won't be too upset at him for choosing UCLA. I also think he will then merge the PAC, SEC, and ACC into a mega conference. That Kyle is sneaky and powerful.

Finally, after 2146 posts, one that makes sense!

« Reply #2148 on: September 19, 2011, 02:21:01 PM »

This entire ridiculous thread makes no sense.  What a complete waste of time, thought and text.  :idiot2: :idiot2:

Moose

« Reply #2149 on: September 19, 2011, 03:21:19 PM »

This entire ridiculous thread makes no sense.  What a complete waste of time, thought and text.  :idiot2: :idiot2:

Yet you keep coming back.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #2150 on: September 19, 2011, 03:32:15 PM »

I agree to a certain extent but all this last minute stuff is ridiculous.  If they didn't think they could do their due diligence in an organized manner in time they shouldn't have set a date.  Once they set a date they should have gotten all their due diligence out of the way much earlier.  Only one school out of five announced finalists got an official.  In homes scheduling seemed disorganized.  Etc...

However, as long as he and his family are happy with whatever decision they make tomorrow it really doesn't matter.  And all the schools involved, especially the losers, should be happy they know the answer in mid September instead of in March.

« Reply #2151 on: September 19, 2011, 04:18:59 PM »

I agree to a certain extent but all this last minute stuff is ridiculous.  If they didn't think they could do their due diligence in an organized manner in time they shouldn't have set a date.  Once they set a date they should have gotten all their due diligence out of the way much earlier.  Only one school out of five announced finalists got an official.  In homes scheduling seemed disorganized.  Etc...

However, as long as he and his family are happy with whatever decision they make tomorrow it really doesn't matter.  And all the schools involved, especially the losers, should be happy they know the answer in mid September instead of in March.
Plus Coach only stays in recruiting when he believes he has a very good chance of succeeding.  It may happen, but I'm in disbelief that a recruit the staff was leading on the past year and a half suddenly switches while the staff remains fully engaged.  If there were bad signs, they would have been long gone seeing bad signs with a lesser recruit.  To change like this at the end is a surprise, meaning all the due diligence this past year meant a minimal amount if KA does not commit to SJ.

« Reply #2152 on: September 19, 2011, 04:28:49 PM »
Breaking News: Everybody (Including myself) is saying St. John's is out off it... But people inside ST Johns camp arent buying it! Omg

http://twitter.com/#!/Nateblueis4real/status/115875003358121984

« Reply #2153 on: September 19, 2011, 04:44:58 PM »
Breaking News: Everybody (Including myself) is saying St. John's is out off it... But people inside ST Johns camp arent buying it! Omg

Well, then Kyle is doing the biggest Vinny Chase Mind F in history... this would be the biggest tease outside of T Jones totally screwing with the Huskies fans.

After hearing the UCLA drums being beaten, I figured, "Yeah - Vinny Chase moves from NYC to LA, Kyle mimics him out there [tongue in cheek]."  If it was St. John's all along, why the dog and pony show for a month?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 04:46:53 PM by bball purist »

Gumby

« Reply #2154 on: September 19, 2011, 04:46:56 PM »

Where does any one get off saying "everyone" is saying we are out of it.  Have you not read any of my 600+ posts on KA coming to St. John's?  Your invitation to my "Welcome to St. John's- KA Party in the Desert" has been rescinded.

There is still a number of us that know (and not just believe) that KA will be a Red Storm player as of Tuesday.

Trust in Coach Lavin!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 04:55:13 PM by Gumby »

« Reply #2155 on: September 19, 2011, 04:49:17 PM »
apparently SH and G'Town coaches at KA's open workout right now.

« Reply #2156 on: September 19, 2011, 04:49:56 PM »

MJ, I am disappointed in you.  You have been my idol lo these 2,100+ KA posts.  Where do you get off saying "everyone" is saying we are out of it.  Have you not read any of my 600+ posts on KA coming to St. John's?  Your invitation to my "Welcome to St. John's- KA Party in the Desert" has been rescinded.

While our numbers may have shrunk a bit to to nerves and worries, which you cured me of, there is still a number of us that know (and not just believe) that KA will be a Red Storm player as of Tuesday.

Trust in Coach Lavin!

Nate Blue is saying it.

Gumby

« Reply #2157 on: September 19, 2011, 04:53:30 PM »
"After hearing the UCLA drums being beaten, I figured, "Yeah - Vinny Chase moves from NYC to LA, Kyle mimics him out there [tongue in cheek]."  If it was St. John's all along, why the dog and pony show for a month?"

Vinny might have moved from NYC (Queens) to LA, but if KA goes there, it will be "Paterson to LA".  As a former NYCer, that is a big difference.

As far as the dog and pony show for a month, if it is a show, it has involved five schools not just St. John's.

I still say KA will be wearing red on Tuesday.

« Reply #2158 on: September 19, 2011, 04:56:11 PM »

MJ, I am disappointed in you.  You have been my idol lo these 2,100+ KA posts.  Where do you get off saying "everyone" is saying we are out of it.  Have you not read any of my 600+ posts on KA coming to St. John's?  Your invitation to my "Welcome to St. John's- KA Party in the Desert" has been rescinded.

While our numbers may have shrunk a bit to to nerves and worries, which you cured me of, there is still a number of us that know (and not just believe) that KA will be a Red Storm player as of Tuesday.

Trust in Coach Lavin!

Nate Blue is saying it.
And look at this crazy trail - even Nate prolly doesn't know who to believe, even his trusted "sources"

"Spoke to another reliable source... St. Johns is out. Ucla/shu"
http://twitter.com/Nateblueis4real/status/115862025657262080

Then:
"Reliable means my nj connects who leaked his list of 5 colleges to me b4 and loved st johns chances before."
http://twitter.com/Nateblueis4real/status/115863215069601792

Then!!!
"Breaking News: Everybody (Including myself) is saying St. John's is out off it... But people inside ST Johns camp arent buying it! Omg"

I'm now of the opinion, that regardless of where KA goes, including the Storm, this whole process has been one huge crock of mis-info and bs - why bother with this? At least 2-3 schools' fans will wind up soured from this process - so much for PR and building up a future fan base for the pros....

Gumby

« Reply #2159 on: September 19, 2011, 05:00:06 PM »

Trust in Coach Lavin!

Nate Blue is saying it.

Sorry, MJ I did not read the note completely.   I should have know better. Your invitation to the party still stands.

Mr. Blue, there are a bunch of us who believe KA will be in Queens in 2012.